Katie & Brian May 17, 2008 WP -IS - AAR

CutieBugNY

CutieBugNY
So first off I jus wanted to thank whoever started this board! I am still in the early planning stages and being able to log on here and read what everyone else is doing and hearing their stories has been wonderful! :goodvibes

So I thought well hey maybe I can help someone out by posting my planning story as it developes.

Here goes! :bride:

We have gotten our date, May 17th 2008! We are having our ceremony at the wedding Pavillion at 2:30, with reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall, and dessert party after that at Island Isola in Italy. We were so excited to beable to finally settle on and get our date. I think it was one of the hardest things for us as a family so far. This is because my FH and I are both originally from Long Island but in the past 2 years have moved to Tampa area in FL. SO we still have alot of family and friends in NY and have accumulated a lot down here as well. I would say it's not an even split. With myslef being a teacher I figured the easiest time would be the summer, but then as floridians we know how HOT it gets down here in June, July, Aug. so we kinda didn't want to deal with extreem tepms or the rainy/huricane season. So then we had the issue of me having to take off work AND everyone coming from NY to take off work/school. Would anyone come? Well my FH and I decided that May would be the perfect time because the weather here is still awesome, mostly sunny days, and you don't get that rain shower every afternoon. We figured if people couldn'c come then they couldn't come and those who were the most important would be there no matter what so we had Disney pencil us in for May 17th a saturday.:cheer2:

After the date selection was over we asked if we could come look at all the venues just to make sure we liked everything in person. This was easily done sine we live 90 mins form Disney and are ferquent visiters anyways. Love the AP's! So Kristi Davis got in touch with us and set up a Saturday that we could come down and check everything out.

When we got there she was just finishing up with another couple and they said we were in great hands b/c they loved her! That was good to hear. When she was done, herself , my FH and I took a seat in one of the smaller rooms to the side in Frank's and we started talking about what we were thinking about. I had brough my planningn/ scrap book with me to show her ideas I had taken from magizines.

We talked over budgets and numbers of guests and then she took us to the two places we wanted to see, the atlantic boardwalk and the grand floridian. It was my mother who wanted us to look at the ballroom b/c she wasn't quite sold on the idea of having a formal reception in a "Dance Hall" so to keep the piece I promised her I would look at it nd take lots of pictures.

The grand Floridian was nice we really liked the out door cocktail area that we would use but we just couldn't see ourselves in the actual ball room, maybe because it was set up for a conforance but we both thought it looked too boardroomish.

Now my FH wasn't sold on the Dance Hall either, until he saw it, and the boardwalk area itself. He loved the idea of all the night life and carnival type acpect that would be going on around us and though the dance hall was just perfect. We both loved the outdoor balconies and the idea of having small tables so people could mingle. So it was settled. :woohoo:

Since our meeting, we have signed our letter of agreement, and are waiting for our final copy to come in the mail. I am also anxiously waiting to hear from our planner, I have so many questins for her. We are also waiting for our que to beable to book rooms. both my parents and myslef want to get that done asap!

Oh and speaking of room blocks! How hard was that part of the process? :confused3 HUm let me think... oh yes I know exactly whoes going to stay where and when and for how long. It was really crazy to have to plan that all out. Then once we got our number of 145 nights we were a little crazy as to weather that would actually happen. Good thing we have already heard from a lot of guests that they are deffinatly coming! We also made sure they wrote in the contract that we can change the room block as long as it's more then 90 days before the wedding. So if at that point peole don't book too bad! :sad2:

So thats at the piont we are now. We started this process I would say back in April and here is where we sit.

If anyone has any pictures of the Dance hall set up for a wedding I would LOVE to see them! Also has anyone done assigned seating there? If so how did it work out? Thanks I'll report back when more infor comes in!

It definitely sounds like things are coming together smoothly for you. Atlantic Dance Hall is a great location for larger weddings, we are only having 65 so it definitely was out for us. I'm with you though, I would love to see some pictures of it set up for a reception. Congrats and I look forward to reading more!

Congratulations on getting your date and location. Your two days before us. :) Sounds like your off to a great start. And I know what you mean about the room blocks, its the hardest part of the planning. Trying to get everyone to tell you this far in advanced is hard. Looking forward to hearing what else you have planned.

145 nights?!?!??!

Well, congrats on getting your date! How many guests do you have all together?
I can tell you that once everyone books their stay- the room block is a piece of cake. The hard part is actually getting everyone to book it- although it sounds like you won't have too much trouble with that.

Just make sure that each family sends you their info (reservation#, arrival date, resort and # of nights that they will stay).

The earlier the better. Have fun planning!:thumbsup2

145 nights?!?!??!

Well, congrats on getting your date! How many guests do you have all together?
I can tell you that once everyone books their stay- the room block is a piece of cake. The hard part is actually getting everyone to book it- although it sounds like you won't have too much trouble with that.

Just make sure that each family sends you their info (reservation#, arrival date, resort and # of nights that they will stay).

The earlier the better. Have fun planning!:thumbsup2

Yes I know 145 sounded so huge to us too! but when we factored in the 220 people we are inviting, NOT THAT THEY ARE ALL COMING, we are looking towards 150. The numbers made sense.

So I heard from our planner/coordinator whatever you call her. Her name is Maxine. Has anyone worked with her before? She seemed really nice onthe phone. She just called to introduce herself and see if I had any questions. Which ofcourse I did.

I asked her about booking our rooms if we had to wait till the save the dates came out or not? She said no we can make our arrangements now. Which is what I wanted to hear. I want to get our rooms and start building our honeymoon resestery.

I also asked her about the rehursal dinner. Because my future Mother-in-law is plannig it and keeps asking me about all the details. I wanted to beable to turn her over to Maxine asap so she can stop bugging me and plan everything through her. She's just excited about it but still it;s hard to answer questions when I don't know hte answers. She wants to have a BBQ beach party over at the YC. Anyone do a rehursal dinner at shipwreck cove before?

And ofcourse she wanted to let me know that our planning packet would be sent out this week. She said it was just a link though to the wish book. My coordinater before her Kristi didn't use the wish book softwear so I'm not sure how this will transfer. If anyone whoes gotten the planning packet already can let me know whats in it that would be awesome!

Well thats it for today! Thanks for all the replys ladies!

Sounds like you are off to a great start. My SIL is getting married 3 days before you.

Where are you planning to stay for your honeymoon? Same resort the entire time?

Happy planning!

Sounds like you are off to a great start. My SIL is getting married 3 days before you.

Where are you planning to stay for your honeymoon? Same resort the entire time?

Happy planning!

Well the room we get when we reach our room block of 25 nights is at the GF but after our wedding night we are staying at the boadwalk where most of our gests seem to be telling us they will stay. We are going to stay about a week, b/c eventhough we live close(1.5 hr) we want to have a break and unwind afterwards. Our really honeymoon will be over the summer while I'm off from school. not sure where we're going yet though.

So ok my FMIL is planning our rehursal dinner. I told her she can do whatever she likes but to be careful not to go over board b/c as we all know with Disney you can turn around and be shocked :scared1: when you look at your bill with out even thinking about it.

So she called our planner like as soon as I gave her Maxine's number to try and set up as much as she could. She wants to host a Beach BBQ somewhere, she was thinking over at the YC but the indoor location that we'd have to use if it rained is booked all week although Maxine did put her on teh wait list in case it opends. But she offered the idea of having it at some location in the Grand Floridian othat I guess in on the beach? The country cottage or somehting like that? I had no idea what my FMIL was talking about as she described it to me, she's going to email me the pictures though so I'll post them when I get them.

Has anyone had a rehursal at either of these locations? MY FMIL said something about $10 to bring a chair at the YC shipwreck? Is that true? If so We can all stand :confused3 I guess? any thoughts?

So I got an email today from my FMIL and the place at the GF is called the summerhouse. I looked it up on some of the boards here and looked at a few events other brides have had there. I forwarded her the pictures as well and we both agreed it would be perfect! :cheer2: So she emailed Maxine and Maxine booked the summerhouse at the GF for May 16th from 6-10 we are thinking of somehting like the "chip and dale" menu because my FH :groom: loves hotdogs and we figured it would be a nice inflormal dinner before the big day. So one more thing down! :woohoo:

Horray!! My planning kit finally arrived via email last week. I can't beleive how much information they want to know before your planning session! :scared1:
My BIGGEST problem is that I am here in FL and my parents are in NY. luckily I am going up to NY for the next 3 weeks to spend time and to attend our engagement party that my folks are hosting. I also have two of my best friends bridal showers and bachalorette parties to go to during that time too. I want to get as much done with my folks over this time period as possible. Because I won't see them at all until our planning session in Nov. I know we can do things by phone and email but it's just so much nicer and easier to do it in person.

So over the past few days I've basically been planning and preparing to go over everything with them. I have done and made thinbgs from invitations samples to program samples to centerpeice ideas and favors too. Not that I'm going to run home and start making them all but I wanted my mom to see and approve of the sorts of things I'm thinking about doing. So let me know what you think of what I have so far!

for favors I was thinking of doing chocolate: either a castle, or a mickey or a mini wedding cake. I made all of those options and couldn't fine one I REALLY liked. :confused3 and then I thought chocolate might not be the best thing tha have guests transport from the ADH to Epcot and back during May, I tested one outside and he did not last :scared: so chocolate is out! We might to mini bottles of PINK champagn with a custome lable but there are still just ideas.

as for invitations I made these they with only end up costing $390 per invite, with all the crystals, and including postage! We have 2 responce cards b/c my Future in laws are hosting a welcome party and they also need a head count.

DSC02067.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02070.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02073.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02075.jpg
[/IMG]

These are the programs I made as a sample. I stole the idea from all the brides on here who were making the mickey head fans fashioned after the immpressions ones. I loved them but I'm not having an outdoor ceremony so I just eliminated the fan stick!

DSC02064.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02065.jpg
[/IMG]

and lastly I found my wedding day jewelry this week on ebay!
necklace
SwarovskiCinderellaChoker.jpg
[/IMG]

bracelette
SwarovskiCinderellaBracelet.jpg
[/IMG]

and I'm hoping to narrow down my FH to selecting one of our hotels and how long he wants to stay today so I can finally make our honeymoon reservations and sign up for the registry! I thnk thats it for now! I'm sure I'll have loads to post when I get back from NY in a few weeks! :cheer2:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your invitations. I wish I was as talanted as you!!!! If I was I could make my own! I also love the jewerly I want the same ones but dont have the money to buy them hopefully closer to my wedding they will have them on ebay still!

Love the invites. But I have to ask, did you mean $3.90 per invite or was it $390 for all? ;)

Very cool! My SIL is getting married 3 days before you and hasn't done anything!! It's frustrating to see that she can plan things, but just really isn't interested. Ugh.

Looking forward to more!

oops :rotfl: yeah I typed that wrong. I ment $3.90 per invite, and thats with the 2 reply cards, all the envelpoes and disney postage from Zazzle.com

just wanted to say i love the stuff you've done so far..and i see that you are a fellow tampa-area bride! i live in new port richey which isn't too far down the road :cutie:

we're having our ceremony at WP with reception at ADH too! i love the dance hall, it's so much fun. keep posting more of your ideas and happy planning!

Count me in on loving all your info so far.

We are looking at May 2008 and have booked a morning ceremony in Italy a brunch in either ADH or Ariels and a IllumiNations Desert Party in UK - Lower. We will be having approximately 50 people. I really want ADH but am afraid it will look too big with just 50 people - that is why we are thinking of changing to Ariels.

I love the way your invitations came out. I will definately keep checking your planning journal.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter