Kate's W.I.S.H. Journal

SunFloridaDisney

3 of my favorite things<br><font color=red>I'll pr
I'm starting this journal to help lose the final pounds to "goal" and to then maintain and keep up with my exercise.

I'd also love to be able to get into my wedding dress again for our 25th anniversary in April 2005.

I'm 47 years old, with 4 kids, and over the years picked up about 10 lbs after each pregnancy. I started WW 2 years ago at 170 lbs (I'm only 5'2") and have lost 45 lbs. I've been between 125 and 130 for the past 9 months, and would like to finally get to the goal I originally set - 120.

I only weigh once a week (Friday) and last week I was at 128 as I just got back from a week of vacation!

I've done well with exercise, but consistency is key for me.

I walk a lot, and was working out at a gym a few days a week, but haven't done that since the kids are out of school for summer. I have started running the last few months. When I started, I could barely do 1/2 a mile. Now I can go about 3 miles and do that about 5 days per week.

The weight loss and exercise have improved my overall health, I have allergy-related asthma and even that is much better than 2 years ago.

Kate

Breakfast of no fat yogurt with Puffins cereal, and coffee.

Ran 3 miles, time 28 minutes.

Working at home today, doing a lot of sitting.

Drinking lots of water.

Thursday again. Hard day for me because I work in the office, a long day, and usually don't fit in any exercise. I do a little walking at lunch, but no running unless I get up REALLY early. (get in the office by 7:15 - I already am up by 5:30!)

Easier on the snacking, though, because I pack my lunch, so I have only what I've brought with me - 1 pt. veggie chili, a few Haystacks for snacks, and breakfast was yogurt.

ok, get to work! LOL

Hi Kate! Nice to meet you! First off Way to go on the weight loss! 45 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! I think it is great that you are wanting to lose those last 5 lbs and maintain. They say that the last 5 is the hardest part. Your exercise is great - DH and myself are running currently to train for the half marathon in Disney. Have you considered going?

~Amanda

No I haven't heard about the marathon. Can you give me some details?

Thanks

Friday July 30

124 at WI this a.m. !!! ::bounce::

That's down 4 lbs from last week!! Been doing Fast Track all week with some WW friends, I guess it worked. One more week of Fast Track, then back to normal, eating my AP's and flexies now and then.

Don't slack off now. That's what you usually do, ya know. I lost, so now I can take a break and have a treat. No way. Stick with this.::yes::

Way to go, Kate! Only 4 more lbs. till you reach your goal! Man, I can't wait till I am that close!

Kate, how exciting to be so close to your goal!! It's Thursday so you'll be weighing in tomorrow - I'm sending some :wizard: for a good meeting with the scale!

Your exercise is great! I'm also doing the half-marathon at Disney World in Florida - there are about 50 of us WISHers who are going to meet there! It's on Sunday January 9th I believe and there are still open slots for both the full marathon and the half marathon. There's a pace requirement - you have to keep up a 16 minute mile - but that doesn't look like it will be a problem for you! Would love to have you join us!

Did anyone tell you how silly we can be on the Journal board?? I'm throwing a WISH party on the healthy living road - yup, right in the middle of the road! We've got the music on and we're dancing and celebrating all those good choices we make every day! Can you feel the party mood?? Dance your way through the day, Kate!

:rockband: "Celebrate good times, come on!!" :rockband:

Hi Kate,

Congratulations on your weight loss. You have been doing an amazing job with your diet/exercise. Welcome to the WISH journals. Good Luck on weigh in tomorrow.
Beth

Well, down another pound!! Yeahh!!

But its been a tough eating week, 3 funerals to attend (an uncle and the parents of 2 close friends) Gotta do that socializing and be supportive, but all that food is not very WW friendly!

Haven't been running as much, with schedule changes due to the funerals and work rearranged etc.

Thanks for the info on the marathon. I'd love to be able to participate, but another trip to Fla in January isn't quite in the budget!! Its tough having a kid in college plus the other kids!! LOL

K.

KATE! You're 3lb. from goal!!!! Omigoodness, how exciting!!! I can't imagine how I will feel when I get to that point. You have done great and I see from your other posts how motivated you are to keep the weight off for life. You're amazing, good job! :)

Hi kate,

3 more pounds. Wow, you are so close. I can't go to the marathon either, but I plan on jumping on the treaddie at the same time the race starts to support my friends who are walking the walk. Keep up the great work.
Beth

Hi Kate

I am fairly new to the boards.......just wanted to congratulate on your remarkable work!!

I have sent you a PM..........have lots of questions about WW, four kids and how you did it.

Thanks
Have a Disney Day!!
Linda

Well, WI this a.m. and I'm back up 2 lbs. :(

TOM has been here all week, I'll blame it on that, rather than the stress eating I've been doing the last several days due to some complicated personal stuff going on!!

Oh well, I've been sort of on this plateau for a while. I just need to buckle down and work!

That's the thing about being this close to goal. I'm happy right where I am, losing another 5 lbs at this point in only to finally say I did it, I got to the original goal I set. Hard to get motivated to lose the last pounds when I look and feel good.

But don't want to ever go back way up either!!

Have a great day.

:sunny:

Kate, if you've got a lot going on right now, then maybe you should concentrate on maintenance for now. Save those last 5 pounds for a later time when things aren't so busy. If you're feeling good and looking good, then why stress about it?

I hope the week is going well for you! :sunny:

WI yesterday, down to 122!!!

Doing well with the running, 16.5 miles this week, a new high for me.

Going to be a crazy week with the kids back in school, and end of the month stress at work. Hope I don't stress eat and blow all this good downward scale action!

Wow, work and life have been busy, I haven't posted here in a while!

I'm down to 122, and have been running a lot more consistently. I did 20 miles total last week - a new record!

Really would like to lose the final 2, then work on the life of maintaining! and staying healthy to live longer to enjoy more trips to Disney! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter