Kali River Rapids..and rash?

tngal

DIS Veteran
Ok, this is going to seem like a completely odd and very strange question, but I am very interested to know. On 4/17/15 my family and I visited Animal Kingdom and rode Kali River Rapids. Almost immediately after riding, I broke out into a rash on my arms, neck, and shoulders (where I got the wettest) and had intense itching. It got so bad i had to go back to AOA and get some benadryl. The itching lessened the next day but the rash stayed for 2 or 3 days. What could this possibily have been? Possibly a reaction to something they used to treat the water with? I hadnt eaten anything within hrs before, Hadnt used any new lotions, perfumes, body washes, laundry soap or softeners....i'm completely stumped!! Anyone else had this experience?

Ok, this is going to seem like a completely odd and very strange question, but I am very interested to know. On 4/17/15 my family and I visited Animal Kingdom and rode Kali River Rapids. Almost immediately after riding, I broke out into a rash on my arms, neck, and shoulders (where I got the wettest) and had intense itching. It got so bad i had to go back to AOA and get some benadryl. The itching lessened the next day but the rash stayed for 2 or 3 days. What could this possibily have been? Possibly a reaction to something they used to treat the water with? I hadnt eaten anything within hrs before, Hadnt used any new lotions, perfumes, body washes, laundry soap or softeners....i'm completely stumped!! Anyone else had this experience?
Probably. I get a rash from some swimming pools.

It probably the Disney Water Rash. It affects lots of people. Google it and you can read all about it.

I used to get Disney Rash too. To get rid of the itching I would usually take a benadryl, wipe it with alcohol swabs (to clean it incase I'd been scratching it with dirty Disney fingers), and then put a bit of aloe on it to cool it down. The past couple trips, though, I've taken a benadryl first thing in the morning every morning of the trip and it's actually been pretty good at keep things at bay.

I got a rash midway through the week from Disney's laundry detergent. Lesson learned - bring your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter