Just wrote out the LAST payment for

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FINFAN, Mar 28, 2011.

1. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

the last kid in braces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS has an appointment today and I cannot wait to hand over the last check! Unfortunately he is still in the braces, but my end of the deal has been met, Now to start applying the monthly braces payment to college savings...unless the gasoline bill starts eating it up :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gr8t Fan

Gr8t Fan DIS Veteran

YAY WTG Pam!!!!!!! And I know what you mean about the gasoline bill -- it was $61.72 to fill our van up the other day!

4. Mom3girls

Mom3girls DIS Veteran

WOOO HOOO!!!! :cool1: And to think I was excited last month for paying off the first kids braces...still have two more to go!
    :cheer2:

5. Jalva22

Jalva22 DIS Veteran

Congrats! That IS a good feeling! We just finished paying off our first child's braces a few months ago. Hoping #2 won't need them.

6. Arielle22

Arielle22 <font color=red>We have had spirits<br><font color

I had 2 in braces at the same time. I was so happy when that $400 per month was gone. It was more than my car payment.

7. briand1023

briand1023 Mouseketeer

Awesome! I am waiting for that day myself.

8. jakoky

jakoky DIS Veteran

Woohoo, i am right along with you...April is my final 220 dollar payment after 3 kids in braces...So excited to get rid of this payment...And all kids outta braces!!! :thumbsup2

9. daughtersrus

daughtersrus DIS Veteran

Congratulations! :woohoo:

Every time I hear someone talk about braces, I am so thankful that my kids have straight teeth. Our insurance would only cover $1200 total for each person. Both DH and I have straight teeth. At least that's one good gene that we passed on to them along with the messed up one.

10. dreamin_disney

dreamin_disney DIS Veteran

congrats! This month I had to pay $225 for dd's xrays and next month I have to pay the $263 for the down payment so I'll start the payments for braces. I was told $100 a month

11. eyeheartgoofy

eyeheartgoofy DIS Veteran

Congrats!

The lesson in this, of course, is to encourage your children to become orthodontists.:lmao:

12. Mom2apirate&princess

Mom2apirate&princess Mouseketeer

That's great! I have payments until October for my ds. DD will get her braces in a few years and I will start the process all over again.

13. ChisJo

ChisJo Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t

I needed braces, twice, than those didn't work, so I ended up having to get a very very very expensive dental surgery that wasn't covered by any insurance...My parents couldn't afford that after the braces, so they told me to go to University and get a good job. Well, I did, but that $28,000 bill sure put a dent in my pocket. No wonder my parents didn't want to pay for it :scared1: However...it sure felt good when that was paid off...felt like it took me a really long time!

14. iamgrumpy

iamgrumpy Mouseketeer

I made the last payment on my DD's braces 6 months ago...She got them off in December & January she walked out of school & fell & broke her 3 front teeth in half....:eek:

15. Donnask8pro

Donnask8pro <font color=aqua>Fins to the left, Fins to the rig

Kudos.. 1st payment coming in the next 6 months... Aughhhhhhh

16. NewCrew42

NewCrew42 One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Woohoo!!! We just paid ours off at the end of November!!!!

17. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

thanks all, yep I felt great at the ortho, knowing from now on the only thing I have to do is make appointments, not pay for them anymore. DS was not happy however, a new permanent band replaced the wire that is usually along the brackets...for some reason his bite is not willing to move to where they want it. The kid has about had it, and now won't even open his mouth as the band is blue. Having braces as a Junior at 16 stinks. He absolutely refuses to go to Prom now since it appears he will still have the braces on. I'm kinda bummed as he is in the first graduating class of our new H.S., this is the first Prom they are holding, I was hoping he would want to go in a group at least...but nope. Oh well, guess the braces in a way, just saved about $200...gee, that sounds like Disney math.

18. ExPirateShopGirl

ExPirateShopGirl <font color=blue>My posts are sanitized for your p

Congratulations!!!

We hit the trifecta with the first kid (no braces, no cavities and NO wisdom teeth!!!) but the second is in braces. Thankfully her dad and I both have dental insurance for her so the out of pocket was reduced by $3k.

19. mrsbornkuntry

mrsbornkuntry <font color=FF6666>I'm worried about raccoons<br><

I'll be celebrating with you in May, I am really looking forward to it. We had insurance, but still had a pretty hefty oop. Unfortunately once this one's braces are paid off I have two more that need them :scared1:.