just wondering

sunnyshine

Born to be on Vacation
What do all you solo travelers do about transportation to/from the airport. asked on transport board but did not get much response.::jester: :jester:

I have taken the Mears shuttle - won't do that again - also took someone else shuttle - much nicer and quicker - and sometimes I rent a car (you can sometimes get a deal on priceline)

I've taken Mears on just about every trip, and there have been many. I've never had a problem with Mears at all. They have always been quick and easy for me.

Not sure I understand the question.

Mears is a shuttle service between the airport and any of the resorts.

I have always taken Mears when my Husband went to WDW
with me, and also when I went alone. When I booked my air
flight with my travel agent, I also got the Mears round trip
ticket at the same time. I never had any problems with Mears.
It is true that they stop at other Disney resorts, but I always
arrived in the morning and could afford the time for that.
When they stopped at the other resorts, I kind of enjoyed it,
because I got to peek at what the other resorts looked like.

I always rent a car at the airport so I'm my own transportation. ;)

my problem was I wanted to go to OKW - well at the airport we sat there for 2 hours - waiting - finally after I gave the man a tip (money) amazing the next bus was for OKW - WDW needs a different contact with someone else - waiting at the airport for 2 hours is not accessiblity.

Now about every 20 minutes one was going to the All Star, in that time there were also 2 buses going to the Polyn, Cont, GF.

I just though it was very unfair to kept us waiting for 2 hours - no way will I ever use Mears again.

I can certainly understand your frustration and agree that waiting 2 hours is totally unaccepable.

I guess that I've been fortunate in my experiences with Mears. I've used them to get from the airport to PO-FQ (4 times), PO-R (twice), CSR, CBR, VWL and OKW (twice) and I've never had to wait at the airport for more than 15 minutes or so. Going back to the airport, they've always been within 5 minutes of the promised time.

edited to add... All but two of my trips have been in slow times of year so that could have an effect as well.

Ok, now I understand. Sorry that I didn't pick up on that before. I never knew that they were in the taxi business.

The Mears service that I've always used between Orlando airport and the Disney resorts has been the shuttle service.

I use Tiffany Town Car--I want to be sure my transportation is ready and waiting for me. :)

I have used a towncar, rented a car, Mears shuttle and have had a family member pick me up at the airport. I love the towncar but it is expensive for one person, with Mears my only complaint is they pick you up so early to go back to the airport--I have been picked up as early as 4 1/2 hours before the flight and this was way before 9/11, having a family member pick me up is nice but not always available. I have found renting a car for one day to get to WDW and one day to get back to the airport works very nice-if I pick up the car at 10:00 AM on the way to WDW I have the car all day and night before I return it and then on the way back I pick up the car at 4:30 PM and have the car all night and all the next day and then leave for the airport when I want to go. It costs about $25.00 a day which is less than a towncar but more than Mears but I can stop at the grocery store, outlets, offsite dining places, go to Universal or Seaworld the first or last day, etc. I rent from Dollar at the airport and then return the car at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Disney, on the return trip to the airport I pick up the car at the Courtyard by Marriott and return it at the airport.

I use Tiffany Town Car. I like the idea of someone waiting for me at the airport who will help me with my luggage and get me to my resort quickly. I got very nervous using Mears, especially getting back to the airport when they pick you up in a big bus and make several stops on the way. For me, the extra expense is worth the peace of mind. This little bit of pampering is a great way to start a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter