Just the Two of Us - Memory Maker Worth It?

HollywoodTowerHotel

You unlock this door with the key of imagination..
Hello!

I have searched the boards for advice regarding Memory Maker, and I have found suggestions for solo travelers as well as small groups. I am wondering if the Memory Maker is worth it for just a couple - it will only be my husband and me on the trip.

So, can anyone give me feedback regarding personal experience using the Memory Maker for a couple?

My husband and I just got back Sunday from our first trip and we felt like it was worth it. However, I think it is only worth it if you are:
  1. Willing to hunt down and stop (wait in line) at multiple photopass photographers.
  2. Planning to ride attractions that have on ride photos and/or videos
  3. Planning to meet any characters
If none of those sound like something you'll be doing or care about, then I wouldn't think it is worth it. We did all three of the above and ended up with almost 200 photos. If we ever go again, I will be more diligent about tracking down the photographers. I know there were several that we missed in each park. All of our photos turned out great and I was very glad we opted for the Memory Maker.

My daughter and I went to the parks on Nov 10 & 11. I went on Facebook and found a November Memory Maker share group. I paid $18 dollars for our part of the share. It was a great deal and we love our photos. I would actually pay the $149 just to get some of the pictures we got.

Not really a "couple" but we are both adults. We did seek out the photographers and ask for the magic shots! Plus rode most of the attractions that take photos. We also did a few of the character meet and greets.

I would do it again in a minute! The only line we stood in for our photos was for the one at HS for the Osborne Lights and the characters, but we got FPs for most of those.

DH and I went to Disney World in August this year for two weeks and we got the Memory Maker.

I am a big fan of Photopass plus at DL and was a tad disappointed with the cost difference but for the length of our stay and the number of pictures we got I was glad we got it. If you do character dining or rides with photos, part of these are included as well which often makes up for the cost. Plus we were surprised with the little videos from our rides on Tower of Terror.

I think it will come down to the length of your stay and how many pictures you think you will get. Keep in mind that every photographer will take anywhere from 2-6 pictures on average, you may only like a few of those, but each photo download can be pricey depending on how many you opt to keep.

My wife and I just returned tonight. We saw the promotion for memory maker at the Wilderness Lodge. I asked the girl behind the register if it was very popular and she stated that she had worked all week and no one purchased on on her watch. As mentioned above, you will need to stand in a lot of lines, want a lot of pictures and really spend a lot of time there to make it worth while. I recommend spending the money on Green Tea Martinis in Japan.

I bought in advance for my wife and myself so we would both be in the pictures! I have thousands of of photos from family events and such but hardly any with me in them! I wanted to ensure I would be in the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter