Just switched - to WL from Poly

Mom2Dash&JackJack

Earning My Ears
Please tell me I won't regret this. I just switched from the Poly to WL for our upcoming trip in May. The switch will save us $1000. We absolutely LOVE the Poly, but are intrigued by the Wilderness Lodge. I am feeling some regret, but $1000 is alot to us.

I have (at the time of travel) a 4 year old and a 1.5 year old. I have a double stroller - how will travelling on the boat affect the use of the stroller? Can we roll it right on and off? Or will we have to fold it up each time we use it?

Thanks in advance for any advice/words of encouragement you can provide.

We've done both and always have a hard time choosing for our next trip. When we were at WL, we had a double stroller also and I recall being able to roll it right on. I do believe you might have to close it up if the boat is very crowded, though, but at least you're not lifting it up and down onto a bus.

There are lots of neat things for your little ones to see and explore at WL so get rid of those regrets!

Liz

We've stayed at both. DD and I love the Poly but DH really wanted to try the WL. The savings is ultimately what influenced me, though. We were traveling in Peak season and the savings was too great to pass up! I, too, was nervous about switching but it ended up being a wonderful trip!

We had a Woods View room overlooking The Otter Pond. We loved it!!

Nothing beats the fun of the monorail and I did miss it but I can't say anything bad about the transportation at the WL. (FYI, the bus to the MK was a lot quicker than the boat but we didn't have to worry about a stroller!)

The Poly will always be my favorite but I'd go back to the WL in a heartbeat!! Have a great time!!

We just returned from 7 nights at the WL with a 14 month old and an almost-3 y.o. We had a WONDERFUL time at the WL! So wonderful that we booked our next visit (9/07) by 9:30 a.m. the day after we got home!

We also had the double stroller and didn't really feel like it was a problem. The busses were so prompt (our longest wait was about 10 minutes maybe, and that's because we just barely missed our bus to the TTC), and pretty much empty at the times we were on them, that getting the stroller on and off was not a problem. We were able to stroll on and off of the boat to the MK the 3 times we used it (preferred the bus because it was so fast), but had to collapse the stroller for the boat ride from the Contemporary to the WL.

I have never stayed at the Poly, but we went to Kona twice and O'hana once last week....I'm sure it is wonderful for many reasons, and I don't want to offend anyone, but DH and I both felt like we would MUCH rather be at the WL. The Poly just looks so dated to me - maybe it's because I remember the Poly from growing up and going to Disney?? I don't know. But the WL is a fresh, polished, lush, beautiful setting, and just so very relaxing. We thought the service was wonderful - mousekeeping to front desk to waitstaff. The kids loved the pool, the beach, the playground, the lobby, the ducks, the birds, etc. Overall - a fabulous experience and we are so excited to return.

I would be very surprised if you were unhappy with your decision to move. I hope you have a GREAT visit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter