just switched CSR to AKL... leaving in 6 days! Advice?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by daniluvsdisney, Jun 8, 2004.

1. daniluvsdisney

daniluvsdisney Mouseketeer

Will be glad to have balcony... sad to give up CSR... hard to plan w/ extended family, but going w/ toddler and thought it would be nice to have more room and balcony... also handier food options....
    my brain is rattled... is this a good choice for summer short trip w/ small children? Hope to do the pool some afternoons...:sunny:

2. daniluvsdisney

never gone this time of year... unsure what to expect crowd wise and also any reccommendations re. how to make a short 4 note stay any more magic?

3. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

I think AKL is a wonderful choice for the summer, as it has so many activities to do, it won't seem like you're missing anything when the parks get so crowded/hot during the day. And, my DD loves the pool, there's a great play area right next to it, and you can see the animals close by!

Be sure to try Boma and/or Jiko, these are wonderful restaurants! And, if possible, do the Storytelling at Arusha Rock, and the Cultural Safari in the evenings, both very entertaining!!

Have a wonderful trip, any room in your suitcase for a stow-away?!;) :wave:

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. daniluvsdisney

If I could I'd take everyone with me... thank you for the kind words of encouragement!:)

6. susy

susy Guest

Those are two of our favorite resorts!

There are so many things to love about AKL. The food court is right by the pool-perfect for eating lunch while swimming. They have tables with umbrellas right there. The pool is also zero entry-great for moms with little ones. The transportation is as easy as it gets-one bus stop-no sharing. Boma and Jiko are both wonderful. Don't forget to request turndown service. We stayed there two years ago Labor Day Weekend and the resort was full-well, it never felt full at all! We are going again this Labor Day Weekend.

7. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Have a great time!

8. tinkgrl

tinkgrl Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein

Hi,

Have a good time!!!! Mom & I were there from 5/26 to 5/29. Had a lovely time. Be sure to post when you return!

Allison