Just returned from Pop Century

Dicecatt

DIS Veteran
I stayed at 3 hotels during my stay last week, we spent one night at Pop. For my first Value experience, it was enjoyable. Bus service was very good except around 9 AM, the lines were very long. My request was granted, I asked for the 70's building via fax. I had a standard room, and it overlooked the foosball courtyard and the lake...lovely. Quiet spot, too.

Ask away if you have any questions!

We stayed opposite of the foosball, behind the Mickey phone, in the wing the points toward the lake. Our room faced the '60s and we could look out on Hourglass Lake and Legendary Years. It was convenient to Classic Hall, busses and the Hippy Dippy pool. I'm hoping to get that building again, or at least a room in the 70s.

We stayed opposite of the foosball, behind the Mickey phone, in the wing the points toward the lake. Our room faced the '60s and we could look out on Hourglass Lake and Legendary Years. It was convenient to Classic Hall, busses and the Hippy Dippy pool. I'm hoping to get that building again, or at least a room in the 70s.

:wizard: Good Luck! Fax them 3 days before hand...It always worked for me!:thumbsup2

I just changed our ressies from movies to Pop due to a better rate. How was the bus service? When we were there in 03 pop wasn't open yet so I know virtually nothing about it. Any helpful tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

There are hair dryers in the rooms, and I think I remember seeing a small ironing board. Frankly, I never iron, much less on vacation so I didn't pay much attention!

We were there in December 2006 and bus service was fine. I don't have another on-site resort to compare our experience to, but there seemed to be one bus right after another alot of the time. There were long lines occasionally, esp. for MK.

could you hear your neighbors through the walls? I was thinking of switching to the POP to save some$$ but I have sleep issues and have heard that the walls there are thin. I would appreciate your opinion:goodvibes

could you hear your neighbors through the walls? I was thinking of switching to the POP to save some$$ but I have sleep issues and have heard that the walls there are thin. I would appreciate your opinion:goodvibes

We were on the third floor, and honestly the only sounds from other rooms was the flushing of toilets on the fourth floor. We were really only in our room long enough to sleep so the noise, if any, wasn't a problem. I thought the resort was quiet in general, other than around the pool area.

We were at Pop 4/22 through 4/28 and loved it. The bus service was great - even when leaving Epcot after the fireworks since they put on extra buses and would fill two at a time.

The only thing we could hear from other rooms was the toilet flushing and it might help if you close the bathroom door when sleeping.

407-938-4040 is the fax number. I heard no noise through the walls except toilets. Bus service was very good, but I would get to the bus early if you want to be at a park opening, there were large lines around 9 AM...

UGGH! I want to switch to POP now but they have no availability for my dates! The more I look at the pics of POP the more I want to go. The only thing I was concerned about was the noise in rooms and you all have put that to rest for me(lol see the pun):lmao:
Oh well Ill have to keep checking, I'd really like to save $500.

We're going to Pop in August, i'll try to fax them, thanks for the number:thumbsup2

Kazzy:hippie:

407-938-4040 is the fax number. I heard no noise through the walls except toilets. Bus service was very good, but I would get to the bus early if you want to be at a park opening, there were large lines around 9 AM...

Thanks!:goodvibes

We just returned from Pop last week! DD says she will not stay in any other Hotel It has to be Pop. It is so family orientated!We wer on 4th floor 60's on backside. Was super quiet, convenient to elevators Classic Hall & buses' DD wants that location again. The toilets are noisy but I only heard ours and didn't hear anyone in the next room. Got lots of towel animals, Windows were decorated just so much fun. So go and enjoy Oh and try the Twinkie Tiramusus.. they are delish!!

What is the best location we stayed in the 50's building I believe last time. It was fine. But thought it would be nice to try something different.

If anyone is a light sleeper, request a room that doesn't face one of the pools. We've stayed there several times and were never bothered by noise until the time we faced the bowling pin pool. People were out there swimming (and screaming/jumping/splashing) until 1 am, or possibly longer. I finally fell asleep from exhaustion. There are posted quiet hours and I doubt these people thought anyone could hear them...but trust me, you could. ----Kathy

If anyone is a light sleeper, request a room that doesn't face one of the pools. We've stayed there several times and were never bothered by noise until the time we faced the bowling pin pool. People were out there swimming (and screaming/jumping/splashing) until 1 am, or possibly longer. I finally fell asleep from exhaustion. There are posted quiet hours and I doubt these people thought anyone could hear them...but trust me, you could. ----Kathy

Great tip Kathy
Here are some tips I have posted before:

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

Other guests have found that using a fan or a white noise machine helps them get a peaceful nights sleep.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Kathy---
BTW I love the photo of your sevice dog!

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter