Just returned from Magic 12/26

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SLK1, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SLK1

SLK1 DIS Veteran

We really lucked out on the weather, but what was one of the coolest things was passing right by The Wonder on our last night! They were headed to dock early at Castaway Cay; we were just leaving there. Not sure how many times that has happened, but it was very exciting - all passengers were either up on deck or on their balconies, and you could see endless flashes of light as people took lots of pictures! And, both ships were blowing their "When You Wish Upon A Star" horns at each other! I'm going to post video on YouTube soon! :wizard:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3mickeys&me

3mickeys&me DIS Veteran

That is so Magical!! Can't wait to see your video :O):thumbsup2

4. itutorfortravel

itutorfortravel I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi

Hey, welcome home and glad you had good weather! I was on the cruise before you and the weather was mostly good except for some overcast days while traveling down to the Eastern Caribbean. Was the Western itinerary experiencing pretty warm temps?

The Wonder and the Magic passed each other on Christmas day as we were leaving Castaway Cay. I don't think it happens often, but I believe the Wonder altered their CC day the week of Christmas since we were there, so maybe that affected the Wonder's itinerary for your week, too...either way, it's pretty cool to see them passing and hear the horn battle. Can't wait to see your video. Please post a link when you put it up!

5. Queenofthecastle

Queenofthecastle <font color=red>I may be the Queen, but the Tag Fa

I can't wait to see your video, too! That is very special!

6. oklamomof4boys

oklamomof4boys DIS Veteran

We were on the same cruise- it was very cool to see the 2 boats passing! I'm glad you got a video- we didn't have our camera with us and by the time my husband ran to the room to get the video camera, they were no longer blowing their horns