Just returned from a magical vacation at CSR

breebella

Mouseketeer
Whew, where to begin...This had to be our best Disney vacation ever!:thumbsup2. We (me, DD's 14 & 5 and DD's best friend 14) left on Sunday, Aug 5th and arrived at CSR around 3:45 p.m. We would be celebrating my DD Belle's b/day the next day, she was turning 5. We got off to a great start, no one was waiting in the registration line, so check-in was super fast and easy. We had a great corner room in Casitas 3 facing the quiet pool, room 2732, I believe. The grounds were gorgeous, just take a look: http:// We spent our first day at Magic Kingdom because it had extra evening hours so the park was open until 2 a.m. The next day 8/6 was my daughter's 5th b/day. We spend most of Monday relaxing at the Dig Site pool, then headed to Downtown Disney. The older girls loved the Dig site pool, especially the slide, but they were disappointed to learn that the main arcade was closed for refurbishment.

Anyway, I just had to share how "extra" special Disney made my DDs b/day. While she was napping late Monday afternoon there was a knock at door. It was CM with a birthday bouquet of balloons and a card. The card read, "Happy 5th birthday Isabella, love Minnie XOXOX with 5 x 7 photo of Minnie. When she awoke, I told her Minnie came while she was sleeping and dropped this off:http://

That evening we headed over to Chef Mickeys for dinner at 8:00 p.m. Isabella (Belle, to us) was given a b/day pin and they took a family pic, which you could purchase if you wanted. I had ordered a special surprise cake with a picture of, you guessed it, Princess Belle: http://http://. It was the best b/day a kid could have.party:

Anyway, the only negative thing I can say about the whole trip is that on our last day we checked out early because we where heading over to stay on-site at Universal's Royal Pacific later that night, so we stored our luggage and headed off to Animal Kingdom for the day. Upon returning to CSR, we called a cab, got our luggage and headed over to Universal. Upon arrival at RPR we noticed that one of our carry-on bags was missing. I think I was so focused on making sure my older DD's insulin & other medications were intact that I never noticed the missing carry-on. It was my DD's friends bag which contained a portable DVD player, MP3 player, & library book. I immediately called CSR Luggage Svs. They looked and said, "Sorry its not here." :sad2:
I was really upset. I asked to speak to a supervisor and got his voicemail. He called several hours later and informed me that they had searched everywhere and the bag was definitely not there. Later that night, the girls remembered the name of the guy that checked our bags and I called back & spoke to the Supvr and told him the name of the person who checked our bags. He said he'd speak with him in the morning and he'd call me back. It really put a damper on the 2nd part of our vacation, however, the next day I got a call from the Supvr saying they had found the bag and were going to deliver it to RPR that day. After several "thank you's":woohoo: I said to him, "I know this isn't your problem, but my daughter left her cell phone charger plugged in the room after we checked out, do you think you could check to see if mousekeeping turned it in?" He said he'd check, but I didn't hold my breath. After a day at Universal, we returned to our room to see that Disney not only delivered our bag, but also went back to the room and grabbed our cell phone charger and brought that too. That's why I LOVE DISNEY!:disrocks:

I'm glad you had a good time, even with the lost bag.
Will you give me some details about the Dig Site pool. How deep is it? Is it zero entry? Is the water slide enclosed or open? DS will not ride on the slides that are enclosed like tubes. Was the pool crowded? Are there plenty of chairs by the pool?
Did they say when the arcade will reopen?
Are the rooms refurbished at CSR?
Sorry for so many questions, but I was thinking about staying there in November.

Thanks for the trip report. I can't wait for our stay in 5 days.

I am glad your bag was found!

Will you give me some details about the Dig Site pool. How deep is it? Is it zero entry? Is the water slide enclosed or open? DS will not ride on the slides that are enclosed like tubes. Was the pool crowded? Are there plenty of chairs by the pool?
Sorry for so many questions, but I was thinking about staying there in November.

I don't know how deep it is but I am going to assume it won't be any deeper then 4 1/2 to 5 feet in the deepet section. It is not zero entry, but there are stairs leading into the pool. The slide is open. From pictures that I have seen there looks like there are plenty of chairs.

The main arcade is closed, however the arcade in the Dig Site is open.

I am sure Buzz is going to respond. Here is a link to his web site.
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

I love his web site and it is one of the reasons why we are staying at CSR this trip.

Congrats on such a magical trip! We stayed at CSR back in May, we love that resort! The pool is the best of the mods, my son loves the slide! The transportation is the best, short lines at bus stops, even at park closing. Also, we noticed that most of the time, the bus stops for CSR were one of the closest to the main gates, minimal walking. We are just back from my son's birthday trip too, stayed at POR for the first time and also enjoyed it very much.

Welcome back!! We were there last month and it was great for us too!! It's my new favorite resort!!

How was Pepper Market?

We only ate at the Pepper Market one time and it was for breakfast. We all enjoyed it. I had a cheese omlet and my girls all had scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage. I didn't find the Pepper Market to be confusing, although I walked around in circle for awhile just to check out everything.:thumbsup2

We loved the Dig site pool. The deepest part of the pool was about 5 ft. No zero entry as someone else mentioned. The water slide was not enclosed and I was able to take pictures of my girls going down the slide from the walk over bridge. The pool was very big so it never seemed crowded and there were plenty of chairs. One evening we walked over around 10 p.m. because our quiet pool was closed and we practically had the entire pool to ourselves. I bet there were 6 or 7 of us swimming at the most.

I'm not sure when the rooms were last refurbished, but they were decent and very clean.:thumbsup2

I don't know how deep it is but I am going to assume it won't be any deeper then 5 feet in the deepest section. It is not zero entry, but there are stairs leading into the pool. The slide is open. From pictures that I have seen there looks like there are plenty of chairs.

The main arcade is closed, however the arcade in the Dig Site is open.
You got it all correct!

Did you get any pics of the new lounge outside the Pepper Market?

Buzz, no I didn't get any pictures of the new lounge. Is it inside near the Pepper Market or outside by the bar & marina? I haven't been to CSR in quite a few years, so I didn't notice.

Buzz, no I didn't get any pictures of the new lounge. Is it inside near the Pepper Market or outside by the bar & marina? I haven't been to CSR in quite a few years, so I didn't notice.
I think it is right outside the back entrance from the main building but I'm not 100% sure since I have only seen pictures of the area that was boarded up when they were building it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter