Just Returned - Coronado Springs Resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by born2bird, Jul 31, 2007.

1. born2bird

born2bird Mouseketeer

I just thought I would pass along my thoughts regarding the this resort. After reading so many negative reviews about the Coronado Springs I was apprehensive about staying there.

I must say we had a wonderful time. Our party consisted of 3 adults, 1 infant and a 3 year old and the standard room in one of the Casitas provided plenty of space for all and we had a ton of stuff for the 10 days we were there. The room was clean and nicely decorated. There were not a lot of channels available on the TV but if you are in Disney why are you watching TV anyway? The grounds around the resort are amazing and the pool is huge and with the pyramid theme and water slide, it was a huge hit with my 3 year old.

The food at the Pepper market was good and while typically expensive I found it no higher than any other place in Disney. You have to expect to pay if you are going to WDW. I felt the prices were comparable to an Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays here in Maryland.

The service was fantastic and went above and beyond what I would normally expect from Disney. In fact, one of the cast members working by the pool took my son on a "treasure hunt" and actually phoned someone from the resort store who then rode a bike to the pool to deliver a pirate hat and a bag of treasure which the cast member promptly buried in the sand for my son to find. His reward for finding the treasure was of course, the pirate hat. That is GREAT customer service and my son was thrilled. Everyone at the registration desk, and Pepper Market were super friendly and helpful as well. Our room was always clean when we returned from a day at the parks

I don't understand all of the negative reviews on this resort. I know everyone has different experiences but I will certainly consider Coronado for my next trip to Disney and would recommend it anyone.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. alldiz

alldiz DIS Veteran

WELCOME TO THE DIS:yay:

Thanks so much for the positive review....

I am looking forward to staying there one day...
    glad you enjoyed..
    Thanks for sharing
    Kerri

4. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

Hey from another MDer.

I think most of the negs come from it being a convention hotel and they are from non-disney people paying that high of a rate while attending the conventions.

Glad you had a great trip.

5. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Sounds like a great trip. Glad you had a great time!!

I've seen them play the treasure hunt game with kids before. They bury stuff in the sand over at the playground have have the kids search for it. They do alot of games like that with the kids but again, these things are not scheduled, they just happen.

6. Anthony1971

Anthony1971 DIS Veteran

I stayed there and did like pepper market.. I did like the theme but to me it was just a cold feeling resort.. But to each is own... I can not say anything negative about the resort I can say a lot of poitive things but the resort is just not me. alot of bad reviews are personal choice related not an actual compliant....IE: I had to walk to far to get to the bus.. the pepper market was expensive....

7. CTDis4

CTDis4 Mouseketeer

We, as a family, love the CSR. Have stayed there many times and it just keeps getting better. After staying at various Disney resorts (deluxe & mod) CSR is our resort of choice. So happy you had a great trip!

8. dizneyluv

dizneyluv Mouseketeer

We are trying to decide between CSR and SSR.

Is there a hot tub at any of the quiet pools? Did you hear complaints of the hot tub at the dig site being "lukewarm"?

Dh loves to sit in hot tubs (not me) and I've read several reviews where the hot tub was not hot. If there is more than one I'm thinking there would be another one for him to choose in case one is broken.

I was wondering if anyone who stayed at CSR ever used the room service, especially a.m.? I've read how slow the PM is in the a.m. and we would want to get out fast. At ASMo we were in and out in less than thirty minutes at the food court.

I had another question but can't remember!

Thank You

P.S. Glad you had such a lovely visit. We felt the same way coming home from Asmo, it was great. Having a good time is as much as a state of mind as it is the physical environment.

9. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Is there a hot tub at any of the quiet pools? No Did you hear complaints of the hot tub at the dig site being "lukewarm"? No, it's actually quite hot...104ยบ. It's the largest hot tub on WDW property.

I was wondering if anyone who stayed at CSR ever used the room service, especially a.m.? I've read how slow the PM is in the a.m. and we would want to get out fast. At ASMo we were in and out in less than thirty minutes at the food court. You can get to go items from the bakery.

10. dizneyluv

dizneyluv Mouseketeer

That's great. I can run to the Bakery and get breakfast for everyone without waiting. We walked through the whole place the last time we were there. We all loved the look of it.

Still trying to decide. I may just flip a coin.

11. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you ha a great time at CSR. This is my favorite moderate, by far!!! Can't wait to return next summer!!! :goodvibes

12. Wigit12

Wigit12 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Did you eat at the Maya Grill? DH and I always like to try a different resort restaurant each time and were thinking about this one for our next trip but we read a bad review in the Unofficial Guide last night. He's stayed at CSR for conventions and liked it but they never ate int the restaurant.

(Also from MD!!)

13. emer95

emer95 DIS Veteran

Ohhh, I love reading this! We will be there in exactly two weeks! My best friend loves CSR and after how she raved about it, we decided to drop our "off-site people" title for this trip. I'm ridiculously excited. I love Buzz's site, and the slide show pics on Allears.
    I'm glad you had such a great trip. That treasure hunt experience for your son must have been such a highlight!

14. disgirl

disgirl DIS Veteran

Hi! I am so glad you had a good trip and enjoyed the resort.

I have a question for you. I, too. was wondering if you ate at Maya Grill as DH, DS and I have a "reservation" there in 2.5 weeks. The menu looked good and since we are on the DDP, we thought we would try it and it would give us an opportunity to see the resort. The only moderate we have stayed at was the CBR, which we always enjoyed. Thanks again for posting and welcome to the Dis! :thumbsup2

15. BizziBee

BizziBee Proud Canadian

Thanks for posting a great review! I am going with my family late Sept and we have not been to CSR yet. We are REALLY looking forward to our time there. We are 5 adults, 1- 8 year old, and 1- 20 month old, in 3 rooms.:cool1:

16. ToyStory

ToyStory DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great review. I am looking forward to our stay here in 17 days. :cool1:

17. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

Thanks for reporting.

18. bab31

bab31 DIS Veteran

I think the Maya Grill is underrated- We had a wonderful meal there, wonderful service- wonderful food- I come from a state where there are lots of restaurants with filet mignon and tenderloin- the steak we had at the maya Grill was one of the best I have had. The price was like any of the table service restaurants. It was cheaper than the meal we had at Fultons and better.

19. Schucraig

Schucraig Disney World is my World!

Thanks for the great report!:thumbsup2

20. Lilolvr

Lilolvr DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing!!

21. Bridget9707

Bridget9707 Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the info on CSR, we are thinking about a trip in May or June 2008 and this is one resort we are looking at. Last yearw e stayed at CBR and I was NOT that impressed. We also stayed at POP and ASMo, of which I liked alot more then CBR. My kids were very very impressed witht he pic of csr so far and Hubby was impressed with the fishing and hot tub.