Just reserved fast passes, what happens now?

DisneyRN1

Dis Veteran
We have our magic bands and were able to request our fast passes last week. We are going to WDW tomorrow . What do we do when we get there? Is there somewhere we have to go to use our magic bands for the first time? How do we get our actual fast passes at Epcot? Is there a machine we use to check into and receive paper fast passes or what? I would appreciate any help!

The magic bands are your fastpasses, you don't get paper ones anymore. You just go up to the FP line for your alloted time (the time you picked last week) and then hold up your magic band to the sensor and once the mickey head glows green, you can proceed. There are CMs at the entrance to every FP line to help you. Your magic bands are also your park tickets, they'll let you in the parks using the same type of sensors.

Sounds like you're all set - just go the park and show up at the FP attractions at the allotted times and you are good. Otherwise, you can use the My Disney Experience app to change your FP times if you want - just know that there may not be any times available if it's a crowded day.

Have fun!

No paper fast passes. Everything should be programmed into your magic bands and they just scan them at the entrance to each ride that you are using a fast pass for.

I'd print out your schedule just in case.

Sorry. Paper fast passes are retired. If you've reserved the FP+, you just check in with magic band.

You'll use your magic bands for park entry by touching them to a special scanner. The FP+ works the same way. Go to the attraction for which you have a FP+ within the one hour window you selected. You'll touch the magic band to a scanner, which will read your magic band and recognize that you have a valid FP+, and the Mickey head outline on the scanner will turn green. You'll proceed through the line, to the point that you would have given the CM your paper FP, and you'll scan the magic band again. Then on to the ride. Easy.

We have our magic bands and were able to request our fast passes last week. We are going to WDW tomorrow . What do we do when we get there? Is there somewhere we have to go to use our magic bands for the first time? How do we get our actual fast passes at Epcot? Is there a machine we use to check into and receive paper fast passes or what? I would appreciate any help!

You don't have to do anything, your MB is your ticket to get in and for your FP+s. There are no more paper FPs. Just walk up to the FP return line and scan your MBs. That easy. Any problems there are CMs to help you.

Thank all of you very, very much. Sounds easy enough-will be exciting to do something new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter