Just Remember to Beer Me at Mile 25 When I Do the Full Marathon - Jan 16 TR UPDATE 4/24 Pg. 8

Welcome back!!!!!!! The Dis just hasn't been the same without you and the family. Can't wait to FINISH this adventure with you:P

You're back!! I'm in and can't wait to hear all of the crazy adventures you and your family have. And yes, your dad is a bit of a dis celebrity in my book!

I haven't been on the boards for quite some time either but glad to see you're back! Looking forward to reading this TR:dogdance:

I haven't been on the Dis in FOREVER but for you my dear, I'm in :)

Awwww, I'm glad! It was a great trip, we had so much fun with all of you. April is just around the corner!

Im in!!! Glad we're all making comebacks to the dis now!!!
I cant wait to read all about your adventures & shenanigans! And your pictures look GREAT! (Although i can safely guarantee dolly would hate that picture )

Hahaha, I know what timing, right?

Thanks! Some good pictures came out of this trip.

I'm here!!! Doing the Happy Dance!!! :dancer:

Yay! Hi Nancy!

I'm here and following along! :)

Woo hoo!

Yay!! :cheer2:You're back!! And with a new TR no less!! Totally in for this! popcorn::

I'm glad!

What? Beer instead of tequila shots at the 25 mile mark??? :eek: :drinking1 :confused3

Wait...........FULL marathon? Are you SURE??? :faint: Wouldn't it be better to split that into two parts? Oh wait a minute...............:-)

Here for all the school bread wearing, funny face making, scooter tutoring fun! :rolleyes1

Yes beer instead of tequila! Need to replenish the carbs that are lost. LOL.

I'm sure. I think. Possibly. Who knows. :rotfl2:

Absolutely!

Yay! So very glad to see you back on the Dis!

I'm glad to be back too!

Yay I'm here!! And so excited to read about your trip!!

Hi Jen! I'm glad you're here.

Here and can't wait to hear about your trip!

Yay! Very glad you're here.

I'm here! Welcome back and can't wait to read all about it - love all the pictures in your first post

And how you got into running and now having done multiple long distance races is truly an inspiration

And doesn't matter how fast or slow - it's infinitely faster than everyone who doesn't take that first step

Thanks! I tried to think about what to post to give a preview. Didn't want to give away too much.

Thanks so much Phil. That really means a lot. You're right, it's faster than everyone else who doesn't do it. I have so much respect for all of the people that run, no matter how fast or how slow.

I here following along. Glad your back to the tr thing. I always like reading your stories.

Thanks so much! I was worried no one would want to read anymore!

I'm here and so happy to see you back to writing! I miss your TRs! :cool1:

Aww thanks! I miss writing them. Time just got away from me recently. It was a busy and rough year.

That is an amazing picture.

That is what I expect. Love it!!!

Oh I am sure she would not be loving THAT picture. :rotfl2:

Well I have to agree with you there. :thumbsup2

That's one of my absolute favorite pictures! I was thrilled when I got that one.

Faces, I know. That's what we're all about.

Hi, Danielle! I believe I've dabbled in your reports in the past and not sure if not ever finishing one has more to do with me or you (not you in a bad way but in a way that you didn't finish it) but no matter....you had me at Run Disney! I too have been drawn into this sickness after my first weekend at marathon weekend (ran 5k and half) and I am also in for the Dark side challenge! Looking forward to hearing more!

I'm glad you're here! Yeah, the last few TR's were the first time I didn't complete something on the DIS. Life just got in the way, and then so much time had passed that I didn't even know if it was worth picking them back up again.

Awesome! I'm not doing the challenge for Dark Side, I'm just doing the half. I'm doing my first challenge in November when I do Avengers. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Have a big summer of training ahead of me.

Here! Marking my spot. I'll be back tomorrow to read.

Yay! I'm glad you're here Ariana.

I'm in! You are crazy to run so much but you go girl!

Jill in CO

Hahaha, maybe a little bit crazy, but the races are definitely an addiction.

HOORAY FOR A NEW TR!

I'm so glad to be writing it!

I'm here too.

Hi Momma!

Saw your FB post and of course i'm here! :hyper:

Also, seeing this on your IG cracked me up :rotfl2:

Woo hoo! I've hopped on yours too and will be reading the update and commenting tomorrow.

That picture killed me. I was taking a ton of pictures continuous for that show, so I got a bunch of great faces.

:welcome: back!!!

Can't wait to read all about your adventures. Great opening photos.

:cheer2:

Thanks Dee!

I'm glad to see you back to writing TR's on the Dis. We were in WDW for marathon weekend, too, but we didn't see you. :(

I'm glad to be back at it too. I need a diversion, and I'm sorry that I got away from it. Things have gotten too serious in life, and this is a good way to escape.

Yay!! So glad you're back! I've followed all of your TRs on the Dis. Can't wait to read about this one!

Thanks for reading! I'm glad that you're following along for another one.

I am so excited for your new TR! I've missed you here on the DIS and all of the Popadon antics.

I really enjoy reading about the races at Disney. I would love to do one but with my wonky ankle, I cannot run at all. I do more of a hop/skip thing when I try to run. So I will just have to settle for living vicariously through my DIS friends who run the races.

So excited to read about your HDDR meal! I got to be the Can Can girl in November which was a blast!

Hahaha, there are always Popadon antics.

I could imagine. Reading about the races and watching other experiences is always fun.

I've NEVER been called on stage for Hoop! Granted I haven't gone that many times, but still. Hahaha. It's on my bucket list.

Yay I'm so so happy to see you back on here! Can't wait to hear about the trip :)

Thanks Alexis! I'm glad to be back.

I'm here!! I too have been MIA and not on the boards in a long while...and I too have an unfinished TR just hanging out somewhere... so glad to be here for your tales!! (Glad you alerted the Facebook world!)

I'm glad you're here too!

I'm following along--you sound so fun! :)

Thanks! I will certainly try to be fun. ;)

Hi, Danielle! So glad to see you are back posting. Missed reading about all the fun times you and your family have at WDW.

I'm glad to be back. The break was far too long.

So excited to read your trip report - they are the BEST!

Awwww, thanks so much! That really means a lot to hear that.

I'm joining in as well. I'm hoping to do the Dark Side half next year and hoping to do the full marathon at Disney one day.

Awesome! I'm excited for the Dark Side half this year. I'm hoping to get a legacy status with it, so maybe I'll see you there next year! I want to do the full marathon too. My SIL and I are aiming for 2018.

I'm here and so glad you're back! :)

Me too!

Ohhhh I can't wait to hear more. First time back in ages and only because I saw you were doing this. :sunny:

I'm glad you're here to read along!

Yay! Love your reports, can't wait to read all about the half!

Thanks! I'm glad you're here!

I am here to follow along! I ran during marathon weekend.

Welcome! That's awesome! I see you have a TR going, so I'll hop over to check it out.

Can't wait to hear the stories behind all the pictures you guys posted on Instagram.

Hahahaha, hopefully everything lives up to expectations.

Oh yay ya! On board and can't wait to read more! Of course papadon and the momma are still celebrities! :worship:

I'm glad you're here! I'll remind them that they're still quasi-celebrities. That will make their day.

I'm so excited!!! I always love reading your reports.

I'm so glad!

Followed along as soon as I saw your FB post. So happy to see another TR from you! Love reading about your trips and really looking forward to hearing about this half marathon!

I'm glad to have you here Alicia. Hopefully reading about the half will be entertaining.

I've also had a big hiatus from the DIS. Your quote up above is what hooked me. I'm also chubby. Slow. I try to do my best. My goal one day is to be able run a 5K and slowly work my way up to at least a half-marathon. Maybe someday I'll do a full. I might even be crazy enough to try the Dopey Challenge. But in the meantime, I have another trip to plan for at the end of this year! Looking forward to your trip report to inspire me to plan a RunDisney trip!

All we can do is do our best. I don't like judgmental runners at all. And there are many of them that abound. On the other hand, the running community as a whole is so supportive, and that's why I stick around and keep doing it. You can absolutely do anything you want to do in the end! I don't know if I'm crazy enough to do the Dopey challenge, but I am hoping to do the full marathon in 2018.

Can't wait to read more!!!

Glad to have you here!

Welcome back!!!!!!! The Dis just hasn't been the same without you and the family. Can't wait to FINISH this adventure with you:P

Thanks so much! That's really awesome of you to say.

You're back!! I'm in and can't wait to hear all of the crazy adventures you and your family have. And yes, your dad is a bit of a dis celebrity in my book!

I am back! I'm glad that you're here. He enjoys being a DIS celebrity. It's pretty funny.

I haven't been on the boards for quite some time either but glad to see you're back! Looking forward to reading this TR:dogdance:

I'm glad to have you here!

Hi Danielle! Glad to see you back on the Dis. I was wondering where you disappeared to!

Hi Lessa! Life got so crazy and before I knew it, time had just flown by like crazy! It was just out of hand.

Looking forward to your trip report!

Welcome! I'm so glad you're here!

"I Guess Only Fancy People Use Bidets"

Departure Day - Thursday January 7th

Work work work work work, blah blah blah blah blah blah, work work work work work, blah blah blah blah blah blah, der der der der der.

Isn't that how Rihanna's song goes? Anyone know the lyrics really? Yes? No? Well, if anyone asks, according to me, they are as listed above. Make sure you include the ders. They are very important.

Yes, you guessed it, I worked on departure day. A half day though. Since the half marathon was on Saturday, that meant I had to be there on Friday to go to the expo to pick up my race goods. Swag, bib, etc. So a Thursday flight was the way to go. There wasn't anything later in the day, so our flight would be leaving at 2:20pm out of Milwaukee, my preferred airport.

Many people like to remind me that since I live in Chicagoland, that I could I fly out of the Chicago airports. Well, in the past year, I've flown out of all three airports in our area. O'Hare in July to Dallas, Midway in August to Disneyland, and Milwaukee a few times after that. Milwaukee is still the best. Midway is just too far for me, it takes an hour and a half to get there from where I live. And O'Hare. Ick. Just ick. I was reminded why I only like to fly out of there from the International Terminal.

So I worked 6am to 10am, and took a half day. I'm the Accounting Manager at my company, so I had a lot to do before I left to finish reporting on closing our period. But thankfully, everything was pretty much able to go off without a hitch, and then I was all....

Oh wait. This is me we're talking about. That would look more like this.

20 minutes later I was pulling up to the house and finishing up the last minute things that we all need to do. You know the drill. Make sure you don't forget anything super important. Like your underwear. Or your driver's license. Or your father.

I had to make a pit stop at the Jelly Belly Store on the way up to the airport, because I wanted to pick up some sport beans for the race. I had texted Caitlin to see if she needed any, but she said she was good to go. I'm fortunate yes, I live by the Jelly Belly factory. Until it moves. But they have to sell it first, so who knows when that will be.

Shortly after, we were on our way out the door. We wanted to get to the airport, check in our baggage, and then eat something for lunch before heading out. The stop at the Jelly Belly store was brief and I was in and out. I also picked up a bag of juicy pear jelly beans. Because they're the best flavor ever! And I'm not paying Disney prices for that stuff.

No really, they're the only flavor that matters.

Pop was TSA pre-check this time. Mom and I weren't. I never am though. I constantly tell Mom and Dad it's because I'm not an old fart, so I'm not worthy.

Dad went sailing through while we had to wait behind two people. That's how Milwaukee rolls.

Security was a breeze and then we were headed to the Chili's that was in the terminal. We figured that would be the best option. I have no food pictures, because I mean, it's Chili's. Right?

After we ate, we waited at the gate for a little while, and in no time we were lining up getting ready to board. And apparently, most of the people in the terminal this time had never flown Southwest before, because they had all no idea what they were doing. Everyone just lined up when they called the A group. I had B people all around me and I had to point out that they were calling A first. Mass confusion.

The confusion cleared up and we were on the plane in no time. And we got an exit row! Woo hoo. I get super excited when I get an exit row.

We boarded and Pop put his headphones right away. And was scolded by Mom because he was singing LOUD! He just didn't realize I guess.

Of course he had to pout.

Flight was uneventful. I didn't take pictures, because I was texting Dale (Caitlin's Dad) after we deplaned. We were all staying at the Polynesian for the trip. When we booked, we weren't able to get DVC for the entire time, so we booked four nights in a regular room, while Caitlin and her P's booked concierge (she's a CM). The awesome part was they were upgraded to the Ambassador Suite.

I never get upgraded. I'm convinced it will never happen. LOL.

After we deplaned, the plan was to pick up the luggage, get the car, head to the resort, and throw our luggage in the room. After that, we were going to meet them at their suite.

We ended up renting a Chrysler 300 since we had a full size car. Everything went pretty quickly. A bunch of planes landed at the same time, so we waited a little while for the luggage, but everything after that went smoothly.

Thank goodness. A few of our recent trips have not gone so well once we've arrived. LOL.

We arrived at the resort around 7:30pm, which was what we had anticipated. The CM who checked us in was very nice, and was from France. He was telling us about how his program had just started, and already he didn't think he wanted to go back. He loved being in the US and really wanted to take trips exploring the country. He was very pleasant to talk to while checking in. He checked all of our magic bands to make sure they were working and sent us on our way. We headed up to the room and waited for Bell Services.

I started messing with one of the new apps on my phone, which is pretty cool.

But this was our lovely room for four nights, until we would move to a DVC studio. I like to call this "the time Danielle gets to sleep on a real bed". Since I'm always relegated to the sofa bed.

After we the luggage came, we headed down to Captain Cook's, so we could get some dinner. We hadn't eaten since lunch at Chili's, so we were pretty hungry.

We ordered and while we were eating, Caitlin and family appeared. Hugs all around for everyone. They're really family to us now. We all headed to their super suite (cause let's be real that's what it was), to hang and drink some concierge beer. Had to take advantage of the hookup while you had it!

But first, here are some pictures of the suite.

Master Bedroom.

Bidet in the Master Bathroom. To which I commented "I guess only rich people would need a bidet!"

Living room area.

Second bedroom. Caitlin and I ended up staying here together the night before the race.

Dining room table y'all!

It was super fancy! Really nice overall. Swanky. I could definitely stay there.

Although the conversation did end up going something like this between Dad and Dale.

"Listen, Powerball is over 1 billion dollars! If we win, and we split the winnings, we could just live here forever".

We spent a few hours just catching up with the family. It was good to be back together. We hadn't all seen each other in almost a year! I had seen them in May and September, but Mom and Dad hadn't seen them since the princess half marathon. We all passed some gifts around that we brought for each other.

This was waiting in our room for Mom and Dad when we got back. Technically, this year is their 45th wedding anniversary year. Not until August, but still. So our Disney Ohana had this brought up for them.

We stayed up quite late just talking! At a certain point, I think Caitlin and I looked something like this.

This would actually be us at various points in the trip.

At that point, before she and I feel asleep at the table, we parted ways and made our plans to meet in the morning. Because we had an expo to go to!

Swag swag and more swag to buy!

Up next: Nope, I said no alcohol before the half.....OH LOOK A LAPU LAPU!

I'm from Milwaukee! I have never had a problem with our airport. That's interesting how you like it better than Ohare or Midway.

Awesome room! I hope to stay at the Poly some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter