Just Remember to Beer Me at Mile 25 When I Do the Full Marathon - Jan 16 TR UPDATE 4/24 Pg. 8

It's cute that you and Caitlin are so close, but it's even more adorable that even with your parents, you're all one big family!

Yikes, not good to hear about O'Hare. I'm flying there next month and ick is not what I'm going for.

Love the picture of your room you took with your phone app. What app did you use? The coloring is great.

The Ambassador suite looks amazing. Glad you all got to partake in it.

And happy early anniversary to Pops and Mom. 45 years is beyond amazing.

Oh wait. This is me we're talking about. That would look more like this.
There you go........... :duck:

Of course he had to pout.
Of course........ :sad1:

I started messing with one of the new apps on my phone, which is pretty cool.
That's really neat! :thumbsup2

Bidet in the Master Bathroom. To which I commented "I guess only rich people would need a bidet!"
Even binight............ :rolleyes1

Looks like you're off to a loooong but good start! :cool1:

Hey Danielle I'm here! Welcome back to the DIS, it's good to see you here! I am very excited for your new TR! I look forward to hearing all about the race!

Also that suite in the POLY is gorgeous! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

Hello Danielle! I am excited for your trip report! I binge read your other trip reports before my trip to Disney last year!

I recently had a layover in Milwaukee and because of your TRs I knew I had to have a Spotted Cow :)

Can't wait for more!

Caught up and Loving the easy travel day!!!! The Suite at Poly is great. Caitlin's family is so lucky.

So glad you're back at it! I always enjoy your reports. I hope life is treating you and your family well again.

Thanks so much! Glad to be back. Still busy and trying to fit it in the best I can, but I'll get there. We are doing ok. Had a rough last year, but this year is going all right so far.

I'm from Milwaukee! I have never had a problem with our airport. That's interesting how you like it better than Ohare or Midway.

Awesome room! I hope to stay at the Poly some day.

I love that airport! I just like the fact that it's smaller really and much more convenient to get to. Plus I'm not a fan of having to pay exorbitant prices for parking.

Poly is my favorite resort and always has been. It's awesome that they have DVC now.

Yay for a smooth travel day! (finally!)

Wow, that suite at the Poly looks great! (Well, the regular room looks great too).

Sounds like a fun night with Disney friends!

I know! Smooth travel days are absolutely the best.

The suite was incredible! I couldn't believe they got that upgrade. The regular rooms there are lovely too, I can't complain, but the suite was awesome.

It was a great way to start the trip.

Oh wow, that suite looks amazing!!!!

It was amazing! I just wanted to stay there forever.

I'm glad to hear you had a great start to your trip. I was also flying to Orlando that Thursday.

Juicy pear does sound like a fantastic flavor! YUM!

Your room at the Poly looks great, but the Ambassador Suite?!? Sweet! So happy for them, and I'm glad your family got to enjoy it, too.

:goodvibes

Were you? How did I not realize this? I swear I should have seen that on Facebook....

It's absolutely the best flavor. I don't buy any others, only that one. Hahaha. None of the other flavors stack up.

It was insane! We felt all fancy going in there with them.

That suite was so amazing and the fact that we were able to share it with the 3 of you made it even sweeter!

It was amazing to be able to enjoy it with you guys! Something we'll always remember.

I don't think even Rihanna knows what she's singing in that song :rotfl:

I'm glad travel day went smooth!

Wow that suite is AMAZING!

Sounds like a great time catching up with everyone :)

She definitely has no idea what she's singing in that. Hahaha.

It was a great time. Perfect way to start the trip.

Sounds like a good start to the trip! And that suite... wow :)

It was so beautiful.

Yay!! Fun udpates!! Glad you got to florida with no struggles! And yay for poly!! I've only stayed once and just can't afford to anymore! Maybe next contract we'll do it again! I know Kara & some other girls really enjoyed the serve yourself booze at club level, bahaha!
The suite is AMAZING WOW!
Can't wait to read more!

No struggles! Amazing for me, because normally there is some kind of travel snafu. It's definitely an expensive stay. The P's and I ended up splitting the cost for the four days we had to pay out of pocket.

Okay Danielle, time to start running, the beer is getting warm! :hyper2:

Oh it's going to stay warm, because I don't get that reward until I run the full marathon. Hahahaha.

That suite though! We are going in December and are going to splurge and stay one night concierge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think my sister will enjoy the free beer haha!

It's amazing! Concierge is something we still actually haven't ever splurged for. I keep talking about doing it with my Mom just one time, but we just never get around to it. My wallet just cries a little.

Wow that suite is amazing! I'm pretty convinced I will never get upgraded either...well, it did happen for our Disneymoon, so I guess that's it for me and the Disney upgrades!

I want to run a Disney race SOOO freakin badly, but my body just hates running. Like I told myself I would start the Couch to 5K again last night and I made it half way through because my ankles felt like they were going to snap! Is that normal when you first start running? :confused3 Because I stopped, I didn't want to injure myself 6 weeks before my first trip to Disneyland! :rotfl:

Girl, it will never happen to me, I'm telling you. They don't really do that with DVC either.

Believe me, it's something that you just have to get used to. It really sucks when you first start, and you just have to take it a little at a time. It's how I still do it today.

Glad you trip went smoothly!

you room looks really nice, and getting to sleep in a bed is an added bonus!

Wow, that suite is amazing. Did it come with the Christmas tree or did Caitlin's family set it up?

... I think I heard that in a rap song once

It's dope and sweet for me to be here
Maxin' and relaxin', dirnking some concierge beer

... or, you know, not

That was sweet of your Disney Ohana to send up the anniversary gift!

Me too!

Sleeping in a real bed is always a bonus for me, since I'm always on a pull out! I love DVC, except for that.

It came with the christmas tree. Unless they set it up and just didn't tell us, but I don't think that's the case. LOL.

We could make it a rap.

It was really nice of them to send the anniversary gift. It was definitely appreciated.

PREACH, sister! Juicy pear or BUST!!! Also, it's quite telling that talking about jelly beans is what drags me out of my lurkerdom to comment on your TR. :laughing: Oh, also, I'm here and following your TR. :rotfl:

See, we've had this conversation before. And I KNEW when I mentioned juicy pear, you would totally say something!

I so fell your pain. That's basically what I do too. ::yes::

Gag!! I had a very bad incident with Jelly Beans as a child and still can't eat them to this day. They are not pleasant coming back up that's all I'm going to say.

You really should look into getting your TSA pre-check with as often as you travel. It cost me $85 dollars and is good for 5 years. Best $85 I've spent in a while. Of course I fly out of the Atlanta airport so security is a little crazier there. I've waited over an hour at times in the regular line!

:rotfl2:There's the Popadon I missed!

Story of my life. In all the trips I've taken I've never been upgraded either.

Beautiful! I don't think I'll ever stay at a Deluxe because I'm never in the room and it's not worth the expense to me. But the rooms sure are nice.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Those things just look so strange to me like some kind of weird torture devise. And knowing how clumsy I am, I would probably hurt myself trying to us it.

Oh no, too bad with the jelly bean incident! I think we've all likely had a food incident at some point in our lives. Mine is pasta salad. Ugh.

I did look into it, and have to make sure I get it. It's just the matter of timing getting to the facility in the end, since they run on bankers hours and aren't open on the weekends. *sigh*

Hahaha, I figured everyone would miss that mug of his.

If we weren't DVC and paid every time, we would definitely be in value for sure. No way I would pay those prices regularly.

Yay your back! Just found this because I have been in my post Disney trip depression for the last two weeks :(

Oooohhhh, that's the worst! But it looked like you had a great time!

So happy you're back. I think I've read all your trip reports. It's so nice to see you and your parents again. I hope your dad is back to feeling well. Looking forward to reading along.

You definitely have I think! I'm glad to be back on the board.

I did not go to marathon weekend this year, so I am looking forward to the rest of your report.
But man, oh so jealous - I would move into that suite too!!

Thanks!

I never wanted to leave that suite, it was incredible.

Following! Glad you are back. Really impressed you kept up the long distance running. (I did a half marathon, and was happy to do just one, and then went back to shorter distances. It's such a commitment to maintain that level of fitness. Good for you!)

Thanks so much!

I think it's just an addiction with the Disney races. I just want more medals!

OMG!!! that suite is amazing. I could totally live there.

It was incredible! Just beautiful.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Daaaang, what a perfect grand jete!!!

Don't worry, one day we'll be old farts and worthy ::yes::

::yes::

I've missed seeing pics of your Dad! :goodvibes

Woah, what app is this?!

I want to know...did you try it?!? Did they ever try it? Cause i'd love to one day.

What a fantastic suite, holy cow! Can't even imagine the price per night :faint:

Aw 45 years this August, that's amazing :love:

Man, let me tell you, I wish I could grand jete like that! Mine when I actually was in ballet was terrible. It wouldn't even qualify as a grand anything.

Awww, I'm glad Pop was so missed!

The app is called Super Photo. It's pretty cool, I have to say.

I don't think anyone tried the bidet, but I'll have to ask. LOL. And I don't even want to think about what that rooms costs per night.

I know, I can't believe they've been married 45 years! That's partly because I'm in denial about how old I am........

The Polynesian is amazing, and I laughed out loud at your sofa bed comment. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I can't believe at least some of the DVC rooms don't have two queens.

That suite looks incredible. I've never actually seen pictures of it before. They'd have to drag me outta there kicking and screaming if I ever stayed there.

Looking forward to seeing what you got at the expo.

Oh, and I think it's wonderful that your parents were celebrating 45 years. That's just awesome.

Oooohhh, I know. It's my least favorite thing about DVC. Old Key West studios have two beds, but we never seem to stay there. You'd think I would given the fact that I'm the one on the couch.

I'd never seen pictures of the room either. It was awesome to see.

Thanks! They've been hanging in there for many years. Babies when they got married.

So super excited you are back and writing a trip report!! Now if only somehow you could throw in something about the adorable Joaquin.... haha!

Thanks so much! Hahaha, no Joaquin. He went to Disneyland last year. If I ever get around to it, I may write that one.

I completely understand about liking Milwaukee over O' Hare/Midway. I'm about halfway between Milwaukee and O'Hare, and always look to Milwaukee first for flights. O'Hare is a distant second, and Midway only as a last resort (if Southwest flies nonstop from MDW but doesn't from MKE).

I always look at Milwaukee first, with Midway as last resort too. Midway is just so inconvenient.

It's cute that you and Caitlin are so close, but it's even more adorable that even with your parents, you're all one big family!

I'm so glad that we were all able to get along really, and met each other. They've been so amazing, we love spending time with them whenever we are down there.

Yikes, not good to hear about O'Hare. I'm flying there next month and ick is not what I'm going for.

Love the picture of your room you took with your phone app. What app did you use? The coloring is great.

The Ambassador suite looks amazing. Glad you all got to partake in it.

And happy early anniversary to Pops and Mom. 45 years is beyond amazing.

Ick is only because it's crowded and I'm not a fan of that. It's not a terrible airport, just a lot of people. And for us from here, it's really expensive to get to, so that adds to my disdain for it. It's really not a bad airport, you should be fine.

The app is called super photo. It has some really cool features to it. I haven't used it too much, because I try to keep my pictures unfiltered now in Instagram, especially if taken with my good camera.

There you go........... :duck:

Of course........ :sad1:

That's really neat! :thumbsup2

Even binight............ :rolleyes1

Looks like you're off to a loooong but good start! :cool1:

Haha, binight. I prefer bidet.

:cheer2: New TR! So excited! :cheer2:

Thanks!

Hey Danielle I'm here! Welcome back to the DIS, it's good to see you here! I am very excited for your new TR! I look forward to hearing all about the race!

Also that suite in the POLY is gorgeous! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

Thanks! I'm glad to be here again.

It was incredible! So fortunate to be able to see it.

Hello Danielle! I am excited for your trip report! I binge read your other trip reports before my trip to Disney last year!

I recently had a layover in Milwaukee and because of your TRs I knew I had to have a Spotted Cow :)

Can't wait for more!

I'm glad to be here again!

Woo hoo, Spotted Cow! It definitely does the trick. And local beer is always fun to try.

Caught up and Loving the easy travel day!!!! The Suite at Poly is great. Caitlin's family is so lucky.

I love easy travel days too! I've had too many annoying ones.

They were so fortunate to get upgraded. They seem to be layered in pixie dust. LOL.

Great start so far! We are hoping to visit for Marathon Weekend next year (I did the half in 2014 when I worked in Epcot) so looking forward to hearing more :)

I'm so pleased I found this, I love your TR's :goodvibes

Well done on your running, I started last summer and can now do 5K which I'm really chuffed about. Well I'm resting for a week or two as I've hurt my knee but still :)

Great start so far! We are hoping to visit for Marathon Weekend next year (I did the half in 2014 when I worked in Epcot) so looking forward to hearing more :)

Thanks for joining!

I'm so pleased I found this, I love your TR's :goodvibes

Well done on your running, I started last summer and can now do 5K which I'm really chuffed about. Well I'm resting for a week or two as I've hurt my knee but still :)

Thanks so much! I'm glad you found it. It's awesome to do a 5k! Running is definitely not was. Injuries unfortunately are the norm, but you get through them.

"It's the Expo.....It's Like Guerrilla Warfare In There!"

Friday January 8, 2016

OK, it's not really like guerrilla warfare, but let me tell you. Sometimes, the WDW expos can be crazy. Based on my experience with the Princess Half Expo, I was ready for the craziness. Nothing like waiting an hour and a half for a Dooney and Bourke.

NOT.

Today the plan was to go only to the expo. After that, we were pretty open regarding what we were going to do, and were ending the day with an early dinner at Ohana around 6pm. Early was important, because Caitlin and I had a very early day the following morning.

We were planning on heading to the expo to be there at 9am, so we were up around 7am.

This is the only day I really did a makeup look, because I was being more low-key, but this reminded me of Rey. Her color palette at least.

It was a rainy day, but the rest of our time in Florida was supposed to be pretty clear. The 10k was being run on this day, and I know from posts I had seen on it they were pretty wet. Glad it wasn't me, that's for sure. Haha. Although when I look through my pictures from the half marathon, it was pretty foggy.

We met Caitlin and family in the lobby around 8:45am. We were heading to the expo together, since Caitlin had waited also to pick up her stuff until I had arrived. :) It was nice to be able to go together and take a gander at the goods.

On our way out, we were all somehow CONVINCED that we remembered where the Wide World of Sports was. All three of us had an absolute brain fart and thought that it was by the speedway.

Don't ask me why.

We got a little turned around. Thankfully Dale knew what he was doing and we just ended up following him. In a roundabout way. I'll just say we didn't know where we were going because we were SO EXCITED!!!

Finally arrived at the Wide World of Sports and actually found parking in the lot. Which was a world of difference from when we went for the Princess Half. We had to park all of the way in the back on grass that time.

Of course Caitlin and I had to prove that we were ready to run.

We had a clear mission here. Last time at the expo, we spent more than half a day there. It was insane! I didn't want that this time. I really wanted to go in, grab the iguanadon, and get out. So I didn't spend time taking any pictures, so if anyone was really interested in that, I'm sorry.

It was not crowded at all, which was awesome. The booths were completely empty, so Caitlin and I were able to walk right up and get our packets. For anyone who hasn't done this before, it works as follows:

Each race has a different series of booths that you go to so you can pick up your packet. You have your waiver already, so you already know your bib number. Each booth is designated for a bib number range, so you find your range and head over to get the bib and packet. You'll also get anything like the pins you may have preordered.

After that, you have to head over to Jostens across the way so you can pick up your shirt. I'm not sure why they haven't taken the route of just sticking your shirt into your packet and then telling you if you want to exchange it to go across to Jostens.

A few short minutes after entering, we had our bibs in hand. And I had my lovely pin.

We walked around for a little while and of course had to hit the swag. Not before I took this picture though. I thought it was so sweet!

One thing that was important to note.

THERE WERE NO DOONEYS!

Nope, I'm not joking. There were no Dooneys. I don't know all of the details behind it, but apparently there were production issues. Could have been quality or timing, but either way they weren't there. Meaning, the wristlet that I wanted wouldn't be there. I had to order it and it would be delivered, get this. In APRIL.

On the plus side, it made the expo much faster, because the crazy Dooney snatchers weren't around. The people who buy them and sell them on Ebay, which still kills me. They need to figure out a better was so the RACERS can get the stuff without having to contend with everyone else. It really frosts my cookies, especially with the Dooneys.

I'm still waiting for my wristlet by the way. Yes, I did end up ordering one, and it still hasn't been shipped or arrived. I'm being patient though.

All of our swag picked up, it was time to head out for lunch. It was around 11:30am, so we decided that we would head to Downtown Disney and go to Earl of Sandwich. I hadn't actually eaten at Earl in forever. We made it there quickly. We love the new parking downtown, makes things so much easier. I'm a fan of the garage. Before heading over to eat, we stopped in the Coop, because Caitlin and I wanted to get the phone cases for the race. They were only available at the Coop, so away we went.

This is how mine turned out. I named myself tortoise, because it's true.

Earl of Sandwich was busy, as per usual. But everything went pretty quickly and I was actually able to score a table for all six of us! Granted, I got it by stalking other diners, but hey. You gotta do what you gotta do.

But the sammiches are always worth it.

After lunch, we all decided to head back to the resort for a little bit of pool time before dinner. Well, at least jacuzzi time. Haha. But you don't care about jacuzzi time! You probably are like "what did she buy at the expo?!"

One of the things that I really loved about the merch at this race instead of the Princess was the lack of glitter. Because apparently the entire world still thinks that women want everything covered in glitter.

We don't. Please, just stop the glitter bombing!

After that, we all headed down to the pool to relax for a while. Where someone was watching, always watching.

I didn't tell Caitlin that she was being watched, since I'm pretty sure she might have freaked out.

After pool time, we all agreed that we would meet outside for the torch lighting ceremony, before heading in to the Tambu Lounge for some drinks before dinner.

I present you with.....the reason to watch the torch lighting ceremony.

Just what I needed before dinner! We were all happy girls. The guys...they dealt with it. LOL.

We headed up to the Tambu Lounge where we encountered some of the worst service I've ever had at Disney. This is a rarity for me. I had all intentions of telling them about this particular server, but it slipped my mind with all the madness the following day with the race.

We all headed in to sit down as a small table was available. The other table to the right of us had people already at it, and the table to the left looked like it was emptying out soon. The server came out from the back to check on the table to the right, and walked right by us. OK then, it's ok. We'll wait for you to come back. We all chatted and looked at the menu at this point.

Five minutes go by and she doesn't come back out. Another group comes in to the table on the left. A few more minutes go by and the server comes out from the back. Goes straight to the new table on the left and greets them.

While we are still sitting there, no greeting, no drinks, no nothing.

At this point, we were all pretty frustrated and trying to get her attention. Still didn't work.

Pop and Dale decided at this point they would go straight up to the bar instead to get the drinks. The bartender, who was busy working the bar area and handling the drinks for the restaurant took note of this right away when they went up there to get the drinks. He basically chastised the server right there and asked "they want drinks. Why have you not taken their order yet?" Then she acted all surprised about us being there!

I know, this group of six is really easy to miss. Totally understandable.

We did get drinks at that point, so it was ok. But server didn't get a tip.

Dale was demonstrating the back scratcher here.

Oh that's right, I'm supposed to have this rule that I'm not supposed to drink before a race. Yup. Until a Lapu Lapu appears.

Soon we checked in to Ohana and were basically seated right away.

Mom had lost her mind though.

I didn't take any pictures of dinner, because I just didn't think about it. I was so distracted by the lovely food options, I just didn't think. Sorry guys!

Dinner was great as usual. It's one of our favorites and it's Dawn's favorite too. Caitlin has a gluten allergy, so she really loves the options that they give here there as well. The wings especially, which I think is all she ate.

As dinner started to wind down, Caitlin and I said goodnight to everyone as they were planning on going to Trader Sams. That wasn't in my future, since I had to wake up at 3am. I headed up to my room to grab the bag I had packed. I was staying with Caitlin in the second room of the suite for the night, so that we could get out without disturbing anyone too early before the race.

We were pretty excited, but tried to get to sleep as soon as possible. I think our heads hit the pillow around 9pm. I really wanted those few precious hours of sleep!

Up next: I win at Fitbit.

This is the only day I really did a makeup look, because I was being more low-key, but this reminded me of Rey. Her color palette at least.

Gorgeous, but hello this is it for the trip ; ) I was full on expecting a full face of make-up for the race!

Of course Caitlin and I had to prove that we were ready to run.

Be afraid, be very afraid

We had a clear mission here. Last time at the expo, we spent more than half a day there. It was insane! I didn't want that this time. I really wanted to go in, grab the iguanadon, and get out. So I didn't spend time taking any pictures, so if anyone was really interested in that, I'm sorry.
Is it really that crazy at the expo sometimes? Hubby is running the dark side next month and planned on getting in and out of there in 30 minutes or so. Guessing that isn't quite in the cards, huh?

Nope, I'm not joking. There were no Dooneys. I don't know all of the details behind it, but apparently there were production issues. Could have been quality or timing, but either way they weren't there. Meaning, the wristlet that I wanted wouldn't be there. I had to order it and it would be delivered, get this. In APRIL.
Do they have special purses for each race? I'm a complete idiot on all things race

This is how mine turned out. I named myself tortoise, because it's true.

AWESOME!!!!!

We don't. Please, just stop the glitter bombing!

YES and thank you. Dear disney and anyone else who will listen, I do not like glitter, I do not like animal print, and I don't feel the need to dress in pink 24x7 because I got all the right girl parts ; )

Oh that's right, I'm supposed to have this rule that I'm not supposed to drink before a race. Yup. Until a Lapu Lapu appears.

Wow, those are some serious lapu lapu balls ya got on that one. Hope there is no lapu lapu on the course the next day ; )

I love your eye shadow for that day - so pretty!
A few short minutes after entering, we had our bibs in hand. And I had my lovely pin.
I love that when you do a race you get a special pin! Too cute!
Earl of Sandwich was busy, as per usual. But everything went pretty quickly and I was actually able to score a table for all six of us! Granted, I got it by stalking other diners, but hey. You gotta do what you gotta do.

But the sammiches are always worth it.

I love EOS! And yes the line is always long, but somehow doesn't take that long, I guess since it is QS. The food there is so worth the wait though!
After lunch, we all decided to head back to the resort for a little bit of pool time before dinner. Well, at least jacuzzi time. Haha. But you don't care about jacuzzi time! You probably are like "what did she buy at the expo?!"

Love everything - very cute! Too bad they didn't have any Dooneys, especially the one you wanted, but that's great you were able to order it online.
I present you with.....the reason to watch the torch lighting ceremony.

That looks so cool! Nice entertainment for the night!

Those drinks look so good lol!

It was not crowded at all, which was awesome. The booths were completely empty, so Caitlin and I were able to walk right up and get our packets.
Glad things went so much better than last time. I remember reading about that - it sounded like a nightmare.

We love the new parking downtown, makes things so much easier. I'm a fan of the garage.
Dug was at Disney Springs recently and said the same thing - he loved the new parking structure and the ease of getting around.

Haha, stalking a table seems like a requirement to sit at Earl of Sandwich, from my experience. Glad you got one!

We headed up to the Tambu Lounge where we encountered some of the worst service I've ever had at Disney. This is a rarity for me. I had all intentions of telling them about this particular server, but it slipped my mind with all the madness the following day with the race.
Wow, sorry you had such poor service. I have no idea how the server managed to not see all the antics of your party. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter