Just Relaxin’ on the Wonder – Nowhere, Nothing, Nada. - Complete! and Final Thoughts

When the stateroom hosts said, “excuse me M’am, but the rooms won’t be ready for another hour or more”,

We replied, “Our stateroom hostess told us the room would be ready for us by 11AM”

“Oh, you are B2B? Please go ahead, I’m sorry!”

:laughing: Love that!
"Oh! You're royalty! Please forgive me My Lady!"

Of course as we were going down the hallway, the scooter began to konk out again. I had to put it in neutral and push it back to the room

Ugh. Yeah, that must've been fun.

National Treasure was playing (another movie I know pretty well)

Never seen it.

But I do have it recorded on the PVR, so I'll be seeing it soon!

(I started recreating them a day or two after this when I realized that my memory is not what it used to be)

I'll have to try and remember that.

In the end, we did beat the record and now hold the new record for number of folks at an embarkation day M&G photo.

Congrats! :laughing:
That is a lot of people!

I climbed into my private Jacuzzi tub overlooking the ocean and port.

Niiiiiiiice.

To lay here, and receive a 50 minute full body massage.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

But then I started to get restless. I’m not one who can sit around doing nothing for very long.

You're just like me.
When Ruby and I were in Hawaii the first time, we went to what was advertised as one of the best beaches in the world.
We went. Sat down for, oh... 5 minutes, and then left.

She was a smart cookie though, she knew I would be having a snack and didn’t deprive herself. She ordered room service and got a BLT, chocolate chip cookies and Mickey bar.

Wait. She's a smart cookie and ate a cookie?

Cannibal!

We came down for dinner a tad bit late and STILL there was a line! What was with these people?

Herd mentality.

I’m not sure why I never tried Disney's banana bread after all these years, but it was pretty good!

Meh. Mine's the best.

I had always been wary of the plantains, but the tortilla chips that they gave us were kind of soggy, so I went with the plantain chips and they might be one of my new favorites! They were really crispy and good.

I think I'd be the same way.
But now that you've said so, I guess if I ever see some, I'll try 'em!

Well the text came in Friday night at 7PM and now it was Sunday morning and still we had no update of whether that Darn Cat (that’s actually another one of our cats but I couldn’t use the word I wanted to describe Milo on this family forum) had come into the house yet!

You must have been so worried.

It turned out everything was fine and by 11PM on Friday when Milo was hungry he came sauntering up to the door and asked to come in.

I am glad that he was safe.

We didn’t know it then, but learned later that all the stateroom luggage that was supposed to be taken from the hallways the night before, was never picked up. Everyone was having to carry their own luggage off the ship! :scared1:

What a pain.

Well since we only had two nights on the ship, some of the diners did not get a chance to see the show in Animator’s Palate, so they rotated us one more time on the departure day breakfast and ran the show in Animator’s Palate during breakfast.

That is a novel idea.

and were blessed with a new KTTW and a Gold Lanyard!

I am sure this felt good.

B2B cruisers get free non-alcoholic drinks at the Cove Café on the switchover so Fran got a Hot Chocolate and I got an Americano.

That sounds like a nice perk.

I had a private sail away party planned!

The best sail away party there is.

Cammomile tea.

I could do without this though.

Corinna

I'm glad the Milo panic didn't last too long, but I bet those 30 minutes seemed like forever!

Love the empty ship pictures. I can easily imagine myself walking on those decks when I see empty pictures.

Your spa treatment sounded marvelous :cloud9:

This is an amazing cruise changeover day!

Yes, it was a pretty good day! :thumbsup2

Congrats on holding the record for M&G. That's a heck of an achievement!

Well, I was just a participant. Julie who was in charge really was a go getter!

Love the chill-ax time you had back in your room and with the spa treatments.

It was nice to have the time in the room in port doing nothing but playing on the phone and tablet and then to have the afternoon in the spa, no responsibilities, no little mouths to feed, pretty cool!

You've never had banana bread before? Next time I'm there, remind me to bake you one.

Dinner looks awesome!

Not that I’ve never had banana bread before, I’ve been making our “family banana bread since I was very little. In fact that banana bread says “Christmas Holidays” to me as It was our family tradition. I just never wanted to try any other banana bread because I liked my own so much. Everyone else always puts icky things like nuts in it and I’m very happy with my own, so I’m reluctant to try anyone else’s.

Definitely love me some spa treatment stuffs! Massage is so rejuvenating and lovely; glad you enjoyed your time there!

Mmmmmm, prime rib! YUM!!

And it was very good prime rib! Perfectly cooked!

Your spa treatment seems like the best way to enjoy the sail away! That sounds so relaxing.

It really was.

The crab dip is amazing even though its been like 8 years since I last had it, I still remember loving it! Glad you both got to enjoy it!

It was really good. I hope they have it on the Alaska Cruise!

My husband isn't a fan of table mates so we always just request to sit alone - he hates the awkwardness of it all after his first cruise experience.

You know our first experience wasn’t that great, but we keep trying because in our daily lives, so often it is just the two of us. I welcome mixing it up occasionally. Sometimes we’ve had some fairly interesting companions and other times not so much.

Love that you guys got Mickey Bars for desert. I did that one night on our cruise too! They are definitely not just for kids.

Absolutely! Mickey bars are timeless!

I don't know if I should share your spa days photos with DW. She would be very jealous!

Well she should like it better than the chocolate treatments that we did last cruise!

I love that spa treatment...it is sooo luxurious! Congrats on the meet record!

Thanks for clueing me in to it!

I love the Disney banana bread. I've been known to request several extra baskets of it. :)

Well now I might do that too!

Was the spa visit a package type? What is the name of the treatment? I've had some visits there, but never had my own tub and deck like that.

It was called Alone Time. It is only available on the Magic and Wonder. On the Dream it is available to couples. I have “Couples Choice” booked for my cruise next month.

Nice work! That does look like quite a crowd.

I can’t take credit for it, but it was fun to participate in it!

Yay! I remember how much you enjoyed this before. Seems like a nice way to go!

It was an awesome way to go! :goodvibes

That would be my downfall in a spa. "So you mean we just...sit?":rotfl2:

I know, it was fine while I was eating and sipping my tea, but once I finished that, I was kind of like. OK, now what? :confused3

Was she sleeping? Does the Pope poop in the woods? Wait a minute...

:rotfl2: This was actually her last major “naptime” on the ship. She caught a few daytime Z’s in there later in the trip, but she finally caught up on her sleep and could be present with me for the rest of the trip.

Wow! Did that one even get near the oven, or was it straight off the cow?

:rotfl2: I thought it was perfectly cooked!

:laughing: Love that!
"Oh! You're royalty! Please forgive me My Lady!"

:rotfl2

Ugh. Yeah, that must've been fun.

Yeah. :crazy2: We finally got her new batteries last week. Now we need to get mine.

Never seen it.

But I do have it recorded on the PVR, so I'll be seeing it soon!

Hopefully you'll get to see it soon. I enjoyed both of them.

I'll have to try and remember that.

Yeah, my memory is not what it used to be. :sad2:

Congrats! :laughing:
That is a lot of people!

I was amazed when I saw the photo.

Niiiiiiiice.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

You're just like me.
When Ruby and I were in Hawaii the first time, we went to what was advertised as one of the best beaches in the world.
We went. Sat down for, oh... 5 minutes, and then left.

Yeah, as long as something is actively happening I'm good, but as soon as I'm just sitting there I get really bored.

Wait. She's a smart cookie and ate a cookie?

Cannibal!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Herd mentality.

I guess so. :confused3 We didn't buy into it.

Meh. Mine's the best.

That's what I've always maintained which is why I never tried it.

I think I'd be the same way.
But now that you've said so, I guess if I ever see some, I'll try 'em!

I don't know why I was adverse to them. I'm usually good about trying new things.

You must have been so worried.

I was, but then again, he does this to me on a regular basis. But every time I think it's "the time."

I am glad that he was safe.

Me too. Little bugger!

What a pain.

I was so glad that we weren't getting off!

That is a novel idea.

I was pleased. Any excuse to eat at Triton's is good for me!

I am sure this felt good.

Totally, and I can't wait to get another gold one in just 18 days!

That sounds like a nice perk.

For the amount we're spending a $3 coffee won't break their bank!

The best sail away party there is.

::yes::

I could do without this though.

There was a wide assortment of teas. I just didn't think a Black Tea would be very refreshing after a massage. Perhaps I should have gone with a Black Tea to help keep awake at dinner!

I'm glad the Milo panic didn't last too long, but I bet those 30 minutes seemed like forever!

Yeah, I know. Thankfully Jim was prompt at answering my email!

Love the empty ship pictures. I can easily imagine myself walking on those decks when I see empty pictures.

Funny thing is that we didn't walk around much. We were happy to sit in an empty Cove Café and read the Navigator.

Your spa treatment sounded marvelous :cloud9:

it's my favorite one! :goodvibes

I regret that the updates have been slow since I’ve returned from my parents last week, but I have been suffering from a bunch of First World Problems since my return. The biggest problem has been the refrigerator. Those of you who have visited know that I my refrigerator is a small room probably twice the size of my powder room and that it is cooled by a commercial grade refrigeration system. Well the system that was supposed to last 15 years, died last week after only a year and a half. So we have been struggling to get a replacement and get it properly calibrated to the correct temperature. It has been as cold as 33 degrees F and as warm as 65 degrees. Not ideal for meats and dairy products. Luckily we have a small dorm size fridge in our Master bathroom which has been our main refrigerator for the past week and a half. I'm hoping that the repairs he did today have finally fixed things. The repair guy has been out here six times since last Tuesday.

The thing that has been making it difficult to get the repairs done it that we have been really busy. Not with things like cleaning out the apartment or productive stuff, but Disney! With the addition of Star Wars Land, all kinds of things will be going down either temporarily or forever. The list includes, Fantasmic!, Big Thunder Barbeque, the Train, also Tom Sawyers island and the Riverboat will be shut down, but those last two aren’t attractions we feel that we need to visit. And then there is Aladdin being replaced with Frozen. :crazy2: Also Monday Season of the Force opened up in Tomorrowland so we had to be out there for that. And this Sunday our band is performing at DCA, so we’ll be out there for that too. Between all these things, we just haven’t had any time to do anything. However, it will give me plenty of material to post in my other thread!

On top of this, Fran is working on her ultra premium elite status with Amazon Prime and we have packages stacking up on our Foyer five feet tall! I can’t open them fast enough. And then my parents arrive for Thanksgiving Tuesday so starting tomorrow it will be a mad dash to get the house clean! Once they leave, we’ll be back out at the park spending time with Jenny and Jill, and then boom! We leave for our Cruise and WDW vacation. Like I said, First World Problems. So while I go crazy being so busy, here is another update!

Let’s start today off with the Navigator!

Monday morning I woke up in time for pulling into Ensenada, the sun was still trying to emerge from the clouds, but I think that I missed the actual orb rising. We were still recovering from the storms of the past couple days and the clouds were pretty heavy on the horizon.

It was an interesting experience. As is my custom, i was out on the verandah as we approached the port. This is one of my favorite reasons to have a verandah stateroom. While Fran is quietly sleeping, I can be outside soaking in all the sights and sounds and atmosphere.

I don’t think this boat has been anywhere in a long time.

As we sailed into the outskirts of the port, I could smell it’s industrial nature. Oil wells and other familiar port odors were strong in the air. All of these are reminiscent of home for me, as Long Beach is both a port city and producer of oil.

I could see the port area where we would be docking for the day.

Seagulls circled the boat as if searching for tidbits and morsels.

This guy landed on my verandah

Sealions barked in the distance from all corners of the sea. The calm of night was just beginning to subside as morning awoke on the horizon. And then the smell of the port was replaced by bacon, waffles, and maple syrup. My stateroom was just three decks below Beach Blanket Buffet and they had started serving breakfast. The clouds were again foiling my sunrise photos effort.

As we pulled up to the port, these guys were standing around. I haven’t seen as much artillery as I did on this cruise on previous cruises.

Last night I had the forethought to put our Room Service card from the previous cruise out and right at 7:30 our breakfast arrived.

After our “prebreakfast” I watched them moor up the ship. There was a pack of sealions who had taken up residence near one of the posts.

After the workers finished tying off the first set of ropes they headed towards the pack of sealions and they started to flee.

Looking off in the distance I could see the bustling city. It seems that in Mexico, flying a giant flag is common in port cities.

Now the plan today was to go into town hit a pharmacy for the drugs we can’t get in the US, maybe buy some more wine for on the ship, and that was about it. However, from my view from the ship, town looked pretty far away and I wasn’t sure how we were going to manage it. I went down to the guest services desk to inquire about “how things worked.”

It turns out there was a bus you could take to town for $2 and $1 to get back. Or you could walk. They said it was a 20 minute walk. Clearly they have not walked with Fran. I’m not sure she could walk for 20 minutes without a break.

I envisioned us trying to get on and off the bus with a scooter.

Probably not happening.

I envisioned Fran walking on a street in Mexico without her scooter.

Definitely not pretty.

So I returned to the stateroom and discussed it with her.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

This was our decision.

Breakfast at Triton’s.

They brought around a tray of pastries and this is what we chose.

And of course the healthy part of the meal.

I got this, but planned only to eat half and let Fran have the other one.

She got this, which was sugar overload, which is why she needed the protein from my Eggs Benedict.

After breakfast we went back to the stateroom, Fran had purchased the internet package for the 5 day cruise. We got an extra 50 MB free for signing up on the first day of the cruise. She caught up on her eBay deals and stuff while I prepared to hand out our Fish Extender gifts. For those not familiar with the Fish Extender Exchange, it is an extra “pixie dust” event that you can participate in on your cruise. It was developed on the DIS where you “extend” your fish (mail delivery holder outside your door) with a homemade pocketed thingy for holding your gifts. Here is our door with our very limited magnets and Fish Extender hanging outside.

You sign up for a group, usually on the DIS, but recently there was a big rift between the DIS and FB. The DIS started cracking down on FB hijacking and started banning people who continually posted links to FB groups and tried to lure people away from the DIS. This cruise was one that caught a lot of people off guard. Many in our FB group were banned from the DIS and before this happened I signed up for the FE on FB. Then I started one on the DIS as well, so I ended up in two different FE groups, so I had a lot more gifts than normal. Usually it is limited to groups of 10 or 15, but since I was in two groups, I had almost 20 gifts to hand out. This was what I gave out to people, it was the “craftiest” that I have been so far. I dressed the wooden frame with stickers, and printed the picture at Costco, we purchased it on a previous cruise. I also made those little bottle cap magnets for the stateroom doors. Then everybody got a random assortment of candy, and based on kids ages and favorite characters I gave out pencils, crayons with mini coloring books, Star Wars tattoos and stickers and stuff. Nothing monumental, but hopefully fun for the families.

I had divided my FE gifts into sacks before we left. You may have seen them bagged up in the little closet room. I had one bag for staterooms on Deck 2, one for Deck 6 Forward, one for Deck 6 Aft, and one for staterooms on Decks 7 & 8. For whatever reason, I didn’t have cabins on Deck 5 in my list. That took me about 2 hours, and I was a little bit tired out after walking all over the ship.

I played around on my tablet for a little while to let my legs rest. I found National Treasure on the TV again. This time I saw the beginning part so I remembered why the bad guys were against Nicholas Cage. It was a relaxing morning, and I think I'll wrap it up here and start the next update with lunch and our afternoon antics!

I was, but then again, he does this to me on a regular basis. But every time I think it's "the time."

When I was a teen, one of my friends had a cat that would go missing for a while before showing up again.
He once went missing for 8 months!

I'm hoping that the repairs he did today have finally fixed things. The repair guy has been out here six times since last Tuesday.

Ugh. Not fun. You must've been thinking "Just fix it right the first time!"

On top of this, Fran is working on her ultra premium elite status with Amazon Prime and we have packages stacking up on our Foyer five feet tall! I can’t open them fast enough.

I don't know... but considering I almost never get packages, this sounds like fun to me.

While Fran is quietly sleeping, I can be outside soaking in all the sights and sounds and atmosphere.

I suspect I'd be the same way.

Hey! Down in front! Trying to see here!

Geez. Persistent little guy.

And then the smell of the port was replaced by bacon, waffles, and maple syrup. My stateroom was just three decks below Beach Blanket Buffet and they had started serving breakfast.

Mmmm.... And queue the mouth watering.

Your bagel has a heart!

After the workers finished tying off the first set of ropes they headed towards the pack of sealions and they started to flee.

:laughing: That must've been fun to watch!

Now the plan today was to go into town hit a pharmacy for the drugs we can’t get in the US,

I never would've thought of that!
Drugs that are cheaper or just not available?

They said it was a 20 minute walk. Clearly they have not walked with Fran.

:laughing:

I envisioned us trying to get on and off the bus with a scooter.

Probably not happening.

I envisioned Fran walking on a street in Mexico without her scooter.

Definitely not pretty.

So I returned to the stateroom and discussed it with her.

What will you do????

This was our decision.

Ah. Good choice.

And of course the healthy part of the meal.

Gotta have your veggies.

I got this, but planned only to eat half and let Fran have the other one.

mmmmmmmm. Eggs benny.

I prepared to hand out our Fish Extender gifts.

Wow. This makes two things I (sort of) know about!
But, how do you know where to deliver your gifts?
I presume everyone goes on line and posts their room numbers?

You sign up for a group, usually on the DIS, but recently there was a big rift between the DIS and FB. The DIS started cracking down on FB hijacking and started banning people who continually posted links to FB groups and tried to lure people away from the DIS.

Whoops!

Nothing monumental, but hopefully fun for the families.

Looks good to me.
It's a little bit of pixie dust, right?
Not the lottery.

I found National Treasure on the TV again. This time I saw the beginning part so I remembered why the bad guys were against Nicholas Cage.

Still haven't gotten around to watching it... but I shall.

Probably a good call off not disembarking and just going to breakfast! Your FE gifts looked very crafty! It's too bad that all the FB/Dis drama happened. It definitely killed some of the magic.

Jill in CO

Now the plan today was to go into town hit a pharmacy for the drugs we can’t get in the US, maybe buy some more wine for on the ship

:rotfl2::lmao: Drugs and alcohol. Disney cruise magic?

DSCN6703.jpg

Gotta stay somewhat healthy!

I might take slight offense at that, but then again he is a PITA, but my Tesla lover boy is NOT!
Ok, ok... I'm not someone who tortures cats or anything. Heck, I like having them around. Nothing better than a good barn cat to help with the rodent population. But I've yet to know a cat that isn't the center of their own universe. They might look innocent, but they are anything but!

Yay! And we headed back to our room and took a nap for the next couple of hours! Of course as we were going down the hallway, the scooter began to konk out again. I had to put it in neutral and push it back to the room, and back on the charger again it went.
Wow... good thing you didn't take any longer to get back to the room!

Some were really surprised to see how large a group we had assembled as many of them were not on FB at all. In the end, we did beat the record and now hold the new record for number of folks at an embarkation day M&G photo.
That certainly is a heck of a large group!

I had a private sail away party planned! I headed up to the spa, and pretty soon they led me to the changing room where I put on my robe and got ready for my pampering. The spa attendant came to get me and led me to my private oasis.
Looks like a nice way to spend some time relaxing.

I hadn’t had a Mickey Bar yet, so that’s what I went with, and Fran did so as well. Both the couples at our table were new to Disney Cruise line, and seemed really surprised that a Mickey Bar was an option for dessert.
Well, you probably would expect something a little bit less, um, pre-packaged at a nice table service meal on a cruise. But you can never go wrong with a Mickey Bar.

I regret that the updates have been slow since I’ve returned from my parents last week, but I have been suffering from a bunch of First World Problems since my return.
Don't worry about it. I've been too busy to keep up around here anyway.

Like I said, First World Problems. So while I go crazy being so busy, here is another update!
Well, there's some bad busy there but a whole lot of good busy too!

I don’t think this boat has been anywhere in a long time.
I certainly wouldn't want to go anywhere on it.

My stateroom was just three decks below Beach Blanket Buffet and they had started serving breakfast. The clouds were again foiling my sunrise photos effort.
Oh, that would be brutal. I'd be so hungry!

Looking off in the distance I could see the bustling city. It seems that in Mexico, flying a giant flag is common in port cities.
It's kind of a cool touch that they have there. I like it.

Now the plan today was to go into town hit a pharmacy for the drugs we can’t get in the US
Um... I realize the cartels move them freely across the border, but you realize you have to go back through customs, right? :rolleyes1

She got this, which was sugar overload, which is why she needed the protein from my Eggs Benedict.
I like the sugar... but I prefer the protein.

You sign up for a group, usually on the DIS, but recently there was a big rift between the DIS and FB. The DIS started cracking down on FB hijacking and started banning people who continually posted links to FB groups and tried to lure people away from the DIS. This cruise was one that caught a lot of people off guard. Many in our FB group were banned from the DIS and before this happened I signed up for the FE on FB.
And, in a nutshell, one of the reasons I'm trying to keep track of "Dis" friends in about 4 different places these days.

I had divided my FE gifts into sacks before we left. You may have seen them bagged up in the little closet room. I had one bag for staterooms on Deck 2, one for Deck 6 Forward, one for Deck 6 Aft, and one for staterooms on Decks 7 & 8. For whatever reason, I didn’t have cabins on Deck 5 in my list. That took me about 2 hours, and I was a little bit tired out after walking all over the ship.

I played around on my tablet for a little while to let my legs rest. I found National Treasure on the TV again. This time I saw the beginning part so I remembered why the bad guys were against Nicholas Cage. It was a relaxing morning, and I think I'll wrap it up here and start the next update with lunch and our afternoon antics!
So, I'll take it from this busy morning that plans to procure Mexican drugs were thrown by the wayside.

Goodness, you have been good and busy. Fortunately you have the next cruise to look forward to.

You were lucky that you smelled industrial smells. All we could smell when we were in Ensenada were sea lions. Breakfast looked nice.

Corinna

Very nice M&G. The Spa visit looks very nice place to relax after being on the DCL. Dinner looks so appetizing. The banana bread sounds very good.

Sorry to hear about your refrigerator and hope it gets fixed. You have been so busy these few weeks with everything going on from the DLR and your band. It was fun to meet up with you and Fran last Sunday and Monday. Hope you were able to do all the things you wanted during Star Wars Season of the Force on Monday. TL was packed like a zoo that Monday morning to the afternoon when I left.

I would definitely enjoy being outside the verandah during the morning. Good idea of not going off the ship and have breakfast instead. A nice way to start the morning by having breakfast.

Hoping that your refrigerator has gotten some TLC and is now working as normal.

Good choice in having breakfast and not getting off the ship.
The Dis is banning people for posting FB FE links? Hmmm. I really must pay attention more to what's going on around the Dis. Lately, I've been MIA a lot.

That's a very colourful collection of FE that you made. It must have been so fun putting it all together. Well done!

What a pain about the fridge. I hope it's fixed soon and stays fixed. Ugh.

Beautiful pictures of the port that morning. I love the mountains in the background with the clouds.

I would have been riveted by those sea lions, so cool!

I have been WAY behind. The last three weeks I was so busy with work, I hardly had time to look at the DIS. Then things in Paris happened and it through me off for another week. Sorry.
There were way more things I wanted to comment on, but I just picked a few, so I would not bore you to death.

Let's go .......

I just LOVE that bread on the left and while I don't want to fill up on carbs I can never say "no" to it. Walnut and blue cheese - yum!

Sweet yummy goodness!!

I had them make me a three way pizza, 1/3 each of spicy sausage, margarita, and feta with sundried tomatoes. The sausage was my favorite piece.

Have you ever tried their blue cheese and grape pizza? My absolute favourite. :cloud9:

We had that on our last cruise as well and I really liked it. Sorry you did not enjoy it as much.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I learned this one from Karin and Tom. You would be amazed at the Pixie dust you can spread when you give just small pieces of individually wrapped candies to the various CMs you encounter. They can’t bring a lot of stuff on the ship and chocolate candy is a real treat for them. Each person we gave the candy to was so appreciative and thankful, we felt really good for planting the pixie dust on them.

Ah, nothing better than spreading a bit of pixie dust ...... and they will remember you ...... I promise! :thumbsup2

It turns out that because the bartender put out so many bottles, the bottles for this last drink on our side of the room stopped with me and Fran, and they didn’t go any farther. So we made ourselves another two or three drinks, just to perfect our technique! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing the pics. That is something we have never done, the Mixology. Tom has his "own" little bar and is pretty skilled when it comes to mixing, so we never really thought of doing it. But it looks like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Those plates are so fun. Tom makes it a point to at least once in a cruise order just that "nothing". :rotfl2:

We went right back to the check in counters, handed over our documents, and were blessed with a new KTTW and a Gold Lanyard!

:cheer2: for the gold lanyard! You are now on the way to your platinum one! Won't take long. :Pinkbounc

We decided to settle down here for a little while. B2B cruisers get free non-alcoholic drinks at the Cove Café on the switchover so Fran got a Hot Chocolate and I got an Americano.

I forgot that they let you stay at Cove Cafe when on a b2b. On the larger ships they just let you roam the ship and we really love that, as it feels like you have the ship to yourself. :goodvibes

I hadn’t had a Mickey Bar yet, so that’s what I went with, and Fran did so as well. Both the couples at our table were new to Disney Cruise line, and seemed really surprised that a Mickey Bar was an option for dessert.

:thumbsup2 Good choice!!!!!!!!!

You definitely scared me with the cat drama. Being a cat owner myself (one spoiled kitty is enough around our house) I can definitely feel your heartbreak, not knowing what was going on with the sweet kitty.

Sorry about the fridge problems. There always seems to be "something". I definitely hear you on the issue.

I am sure I missed a few things, but am now proud to say ........ I am all caught up. :wave2:

Oh my the spa time looks wonderful. I'm so ready to be on that ship.

I emailed Jim to let him know that we would have email access but not text and PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ASAP! It turned out everything was fine and by 11PM on Friday when Milo was hungry he came sauntering up to the door and asked to come in. But it put us in a panic for about half an hour while we didn’t know what was going on.

So glad to hear everything turned out okay with Milo!

We didn’t know it then, but learned later that all the stateroom luggage that was supposed to be taken from the hallways the night before, was never picked up. Everyone was having to carry their own luggage off the ship! :scared1:

What happened, do you know?? Dang that's crazy!

Everyone including us wanted an elevator going down, so we did the only sensible thing, pushed the button for an elevator going up! Soon an “up” elevator arrived and everyone ignored it since they wanted to go down. Once we hit the 9th floor, we pressed “down” for floor 3, and were on our way down. All those poor people on the 6th floor were dumbfounded when the doors opened and we were in the elevator going down.

Smart :thumbsup2

We were taken to our table which at the farthest end of the dining room so we were away from all the chaos and fully enjoying our “not our last breakfast on the ship”.

Must have been nice. Was everyone that was eating breakfast around you in a bad mood?

We didn’t rub it in that we knew that and were glad we still had five more days.

....I would have :rotfl:

Right around 11AM folks for the next cruise began to enter the terminal, and it was announced in our little area that they would be boarding the B2B’ers. W

That is awesome!

B2B cruisers get free non-alcoholic drinks at the Cove Café on the switchover
Normally they only serve pastries here, but for the switchover they had these little sandwiches, Salmon, Caprese, Cream Cheese, and Ham.

Wow that is great that they don't forget about the B2B'ers!

Holy moly!

I had a private sail away party planned! I headed up to the spa

:worship: Perfect way to start your next cruise!

Ooh this looks delicious!

I'm hoping that the repairs he did today have finally fixed things. The repair guy has been out here six times since last Tuesday.

Oh geez that is a BIG fridge! Sorry you're dealing with all that.

The list includes, Fantasmic!, Big Thunder Barbeque, the Train, also Tom Sawyers island and the Riverboat will be shut down

So what is not coming back for good, Tom Sawyer's and Toon Town right? Everything else will come back but not for over a year or so?

You sign up for a group, usually on the DIS, but recently there was a big rift between the DIS and FB. The DIS started cracking down on FB hijacking and started banning people who continually posted links to FB groups and tried to lure people away from the DIS. This cruise was one that caught a lot of people off guard. Many in our FB group were banned from the DIS and before this happened I signed up for the FE on FB.

Wow can't believe they were actually banning people just because of the FB links:confused3 It's not like they were selling anything or linking up services, just an easier way to keep in contact with DIS'ers.

On top of this, Fran is working on her ultra premium elite status with Amazon Prime and we have packages stacking up on our Foyer five feet tall!

Holy cow! Did she buy one of everything on Amazon?

Once they leave, we’ll be back out at the park spending time with Jenny and Jill, and then boom! We leave for our Cruise and WDW vacation. Like I said, First World Problems

Sounds like a nice problem to have!

And then the smell of the port was replaced by bacon, waffles, and maple syrup. My stateroom was just three decks below Beach Blanket Buffet and they had started serving breakfast.

Wow, this really was the best verandah ever.

Now the plan today was to go into town hit a pharmacy for the drugs we can’t get in the US

Whoa, careful how you say that.:rotfl2:

This was our decision.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: None of the above!

Many in our FB group were banned from the DIS and before this happened I signed up for the FE on FB. Then I started one on the DIS as well, so I ended up in two different FE groups, so I had a lot more gifts than normal.

That sounds like a real pain to keep track of everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter