Just off the Wonder today...probably not doing concierge again :(

Hmm... when we were on the Mexican Riviera Wonder cruise out of LA in March 2012, we had a Cat S and a Cat 4A (8032 and 8034, I believe)... a total of 8 people on two linked reservations. We were all able to check in at the concierge counter and were all given group #1 and boarded together. Didn't even have to ask.

Not sure if we lucked out, or if this is the normal way they do things...

:confused3 :rolleyes1

We did the same thing on the Wonder a couple of years ago. I think we even had the same 2 rooms! We went to the greeting lounge with them on the first day and every thing!

Many things have changed since the PATs have been enforced. This is one of them, especially in PC. They don't even let platinum cruisers into the concierge lounge anymore.

Anyone know what is above the Walt Disney Suite on the old ships?

When I get home I can look. I have plans for the Magic class ships that shows alot of the behind the scenes things a guest will usually never see.

Hmm... when we were on the Mexican Riviera Wonder cruise out of LA in March 2012, we had a Cat S and a Cat 4A (8032 and 8034, I believe)... a total of 8 people on two linked reservations. We were all able to check in at the concierge counter and were all given group #1 and boarded together. Didn't even have to ask.

Not sure if we lucked out, or if this is the normal way they do things...

:confused3 :rolleyes1

Couldn't have been those two rooms because they are both Cat. Ts. ;)

Anyone know what is above the Walt Disney Suite on the old ships?

From the original drawings, depending on which room you refer to, Signals Bar is almost over both(it curves around the front edge of the foward funnel) and the support area( kitchen storage pantry etc) for Cove Cafe is over the Roy. On the stbd side the Arrrcade/Quartermasters is almost over Walt. The majority of the ceiling is deck space with chairs tables etc. On the same deck as the Roy/Walt Suites stand with your back to either door and look at the other and youll look at an a/c handler room.(assuming you can see through walls)
When you flew to Miami, was there still the Disney buses that took you to port? My DH and I were thinking about doing a getaway in May on the 4 night Wonder as well, and we have only ever went through Port Canaveral and it was a cinch from the airport, and was just wondering if it's that easy there too?

Dont think they are DCL busses. Most likely they are local charter busses.

We have been in the Roy (8530) on both the Wonder and Magic and never experienced any noise issues from deck 9 above us.

We just got back two weeks ago from the Walt Disney Suite (8030) on the Wonder. The suite is under the Cove Cafe and we did not experience any noise whatsoever. It was wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter