Just off the Fantasy! Navigators and Pics Included

jbwhip

Earning My Ears
Had an amazing time, I'd be happy to answer any questions. Kept all the navigators and will scan them this week.

April 11-18

10038 - VGT rate

RAERRAE Late seating

St Martin, San Juan, Castaway. Pirate night was the night of San Juan. Weather was perfect the entire way. In St Martin we booked a private tour with Amigo Tours. In San Juan we took a $10 taxi to the fort, then rented a car and did some local stuff: Luquillo Beach and El Kioskos. CC snorkeling and beaching.

We went to every show, participated in the FE and got picture frames signed. The 3 big acts were a magician, a juggler, and a hypnotist.

They also premiered Monkey Kingdom on board this week.

Cheers

Edit:

Navigators on page 1 and 2 of thread

Last edited:
I would love to see your navigators. We are doing the Eastern 5/23 cruise. We will go to St. Martin, but St. Thomas instead of San Juan. Did you have kids with you? Wondering if there's anything new/different that we should be aware of in the kids clubs. We will have age 3, 5, 11, and 12 - so we will be using the Oceaneer areas and Edge.

I'm pleased to hear you had a fun trip! What did you do in St. Martin?

MUN

How was the Aqualab? We were on the Fantasy last September and a few of the interactive contraptions were broken and not working.

I did that cruise too!! It was AMAZING!! We had late seating and went to all the shows. We also took advantage of all the adult entertainment every night so we were in the Tube having a blast!

You are making me VERY excited for our upcoming cruise in July!! I too would love to see your Navigators. Also, did you have any spa treatments while on board? I have a reservation for the La Therapie Facial. Did you or anyone in your party happen to try it? Thanks!!

We have our first Disney cruise booked for March 2016 on the Fantasy. Would like to know which dining time you would recommend and why. If you flew, how did you get to ship? I understand there is Disney bus transportation but we are flying from West coast and looks like we need to fly in day before.

We have our first Disney cruise booked for March 2016 on the Fantasy. Would like to know which dining time you would recommend and why. If you flew, how did you get to ship? I understand there is Disney bus transportation but we are flying from West coast and looks like we need to fly in day before.

We live on the East Coast and still fly in early to avoid any flight delays that could impact our ability to make the cruise. We stay at the Hyatt MCO and take the DCL transportation from MCO. Super easy and no need to cart the luggage. We'll be doing that this Friday when we sail on Sat.

We were on the same sailing and in the exact same dining rotation (Main seating). What a great time. Winds were pretty high while out at sea so most days that we weren't in port the Aquaduck either shut down or required 2 passengers per tube. And on those days the water seemed so cold even the kids didn't want to ride much. The hypnotist was good but everyone in the family got bored by the ventriloquist. We had seen him in the Tube earlier in the week and if we knew he would be half of the final night show we would have skipped it all together. Magic Dave however was a big hit.

My family and I have done both early and late seating, in the past. Personally I prefer the late seating. To me, it seems less rushed than first seating. We would dress for dinner, go to the evening show at 6:15ish (or whatever time it starts) then when it was over we'd go straight to dinner. With early seating it seemed like we didn't have much time to get ready for dinner due to having fun on board or excursions....basically we were always late for dinner. I hope this helps you when planning your cruise!

I'm pleased to hear you had a fun trip! What did you do in St. Martin?

MUN

We booked a private tour with Amigo Tours. It was $325 for up to 6 people. We had just the 4 of us. Before we took off, he asked us the list of things we wanted to do, and then built a day around it. We went to the top of a mountain and saw the port from up high, we then went to Orient Beach, stopped to see some iguanas, visited with the sea shell guy, stopped at Marigot for some shopping, Long Bay beach (we were the only ones on the beach!), and Maho.

How was the Aqualab? We were on the Fantasy last September and a few of the interactive contraptions were broken and not working.

Aqualab seemed to be fully functional but my kids said it was way too cold so they stuck to the swimming pools.

You are making me VERY excited for our upcoming cruise in July!! I too would love to see your Navigators. Also, did you have any spa treatments while on board? I have a reservation for the La Therapie Facial. Did you or anyone in your party happen to try it? Thanks!!

We didn't do any spa treatments. We were thinking about doing a couples massage, but for $300 we opted instead for a Remy dessert tasting and a Palo dinner.

We were assigned the late seating and decided to keep that so that the kids could go to the Oceaneer club straight from dinner at 9:15, however they only did that once, on the first night hahha. On all of the other days there was stuff going on after dinner that we wanted to do together, like pirate night or character signings and whatnot. I'm glad we did the late seating though, as we got to come in a little later from port, catch the early show, and do some of the earlier activities.

We were on the same sailing and in the exact same dining rotation (Main seating). What a great time. Winds were pretty high while out at sea so most days that we weren't in port the Aquaduck either shut down or required 2 passengers per tube. And on those days the water seemed so cold even the kids didn't want to ride much. The hypnotist was good but everyone in the family got bored by the ventriloquist. We had seen him in the Tube earlier in the week and if we knew he would be half of the final night show we would have skipped it all together. Magic Dave however was a big hit.

We loved Magic Dave and went to all his shows and classes. I agree with you on the acts. We were entertained by the hypnotist and a little bored by the ventriloquist. The kids enjoyed the juggler.

My family and I have done both early and late seating, in the past. Personally I prefer the late seating. To me, it seems less rushed than first seating. We would dress for dinner, go to the evening show at 6:15ish (or whatever time it starts) then when it was over we'd go straight to dinner. With early seating it seemed like we didn't have much time to get ready for dinner due to having fun on board or excursions....basically we were always late for dinner. I hope this helps you when planning your cruise!

I agree, and I think we would do the late seating from now on.

Overall we had so much fun. All told we took close to 5000 pictures on videos. OMG it's a lot to go through. hahha. But I have started and will be sharing over the next few weeks :)

Overall we had so much fun. All told we took close to 5000 pictures on videos. OMG it's a lot to go through. hahha. But I have started and will be sharing over the next few weeks :)
Thanks and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your cruise! Now be sure to post all of the pictures for us to see. :)

MUN

Thanks for your review! Glad you had a good time!
If you get a chance to post your navigators, please let us know where you post them. We'd love to see them! We're on the Fantasy again in May and can't wait! Thanks!

Wow- your reply took you a whole 2 minutes and you also posted them- amazing!!!!
Thanks so much! nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter