Just off the Fantasy, heard this rumor from a castmember

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by perdidobay, Feb 4, 2013.

1. perdidobay

perdidobay <font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon

Please take it for what it's worth, exactly .0000000000 cents. It could be DCL's way of measuring the speed of rumors off the ship, or just the ramblings of an overworked crew member, but while making small talk one evening up on deck 11, we were told the the Magic would be getting the Aquaduck added during it's upcoming dry dock.

So, time will tell if we were being told the truth.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

I'm not doubting you, per se, but doubting this rumor.

The Dream/Fantasy class ships were built with the AquaDuck in mind. That top deck has a certain structural rating to it---it can bear xxxx load. (I'm not an engineer so I'm probably missing the real technical terms.)

Somehow I doubt that the older ships would be able to handle something like the AquaDuck superimposed on top of its highest deck, but I could be wrong.

4. bendvc

bendvc Earning My Ears

we were on the fantasy last nov and overheard a conversation between the chief engineer and a visitor talking about a water slide being added to the Magic. i think it was called the aquaplunge, the main comment about it was that a support pole was right in front of the cove cafe doors.

also heard that the spa entrance might be changing, one of the kids clubs entrance is moving to the side.

5. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Since the Magic and the Wonder are much smaller ships than the Dream and Fantasy, there's no way DCL could install the same Aqua Duck. It would have to be a much smaller version. A slide sounds more logical.

6. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I could see an different water feature than the Aquaduck as the duck would be too small on the classic ships. It sounds reasonable that they would want a new water features and a type of slide sounds like it could work better.

MJ

7. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

Oh Gosh I hope not. IMO the Magic is such a classic ship and so iconic to me it is like adding an glass enclosed outside elevator to the side of the Statue of Liberty.:scared1:

8. holula

holula DIS Veteran

When we were on the Wonder in January we heard the same rumor about the Aquaduck or similar ride.

9. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

How about a slide that goes into a plunge pool when the ship is cruising along, but then the end bit could swing out and drop into the ocean when you're docked in lovely Caribbean waters?!:confused3 :laughing:

I presume you've all seen the photos of how the Spa, Topsiders and Parrot Cay are changing (potentially)?

10. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

So if they are going to do that, what will they do away with? It's not like there is a lot of extra space on deck 9. I agree with the person who said the classics should remain as is, outside of non-structural changes. Now the Wonder's addition of the indoor lounge doesn't detract from the lines, so wouldn't be surprised by that being added to the Magic this drydock.

11. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Personally I'd prefer a Satellite Falls area ... love SF on the Fantasy :thumbsup2

12. taswira

taswira "Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

::yes:: :thumbsup2

13. cypressmom

cypressmom Love my Disney vacations!

I have not. Do you have a link?

14. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

15. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

I second that. I love Satellite Falls.

16. penel3

penel3 Disney World Addict since 1994

Hahahahaha...I think I would love that!

17. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

:scared1: I'm in the camp of "I hope not"

I like the fact that each class of ship has it's differences. Making all the ships the same sort of dilutes the uniqueness of each.

18. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

+1

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

19. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

I would like to see them put a Goofy golf on it as well as some type of Aquaduck type ride. The more their is to do on the ship, the better.