Just off the Fantacy...Jan 19th

LBrandy

Earning My Ears
We had a great cruise ,if anyone has any questions ...I will try to answer if I can .

do they scan your card when you get pictures taken? did you see the price of photo book? we have 3 cabins can i get pictures from all three?

do they scan your card when you get pictures taken? did you see the price of photo book? we have 3 cabins can i get pictures from all three?

yes they scan your card each time you get pictures taken,I think the photo book is something like $199.00..not sure..the cd is $349.00 an if you want the cd an all the printed photos $399.95...Iam not sure about getting all 3 cabins to-gether sorry

Great to hear!
What were your excursions? any reviews?

As for excursions I was with my 9 yr old grand daughter..so it was pretty much just see what she wanted to do each port,as I have been to, an done that in all ports before...in St.Thomas we just got off went around shopping in town an took in the sights,went to K-Mart..lol to buys fans (as the people beside us in the cabins snored SO loud all night ,I thought in was in the room)an then back to the ship.In San Juan we went for a walk around,an then took the free trolley for a tour around site seeing.An Castaway Cays we walked around,went swimming an had lunch an back to the ships.Sorry not all that informative.

bigturkey12 said:

Shutters only allows one account per family. If your main family is split into three cabins, they will combine for those pictures with main family members. So if you have you (adult) and a child in one room, your spouse (adult) in a second room with two kids, they will combine those. But if grandparents are in the third room, they won't include them. However, if your kids are in the pictures with the grandparents, they will include them. Clear as mud, huh?

Did they sing Party Rock Anthem at the sail away party? My girls loved that song and it was so fitting.

We had a great cruise ,if anyone has any questions ...I will try to answer if I can .

Glad to hear you all hade a great cruise!

What kind of weather do you have? Was the Aqua Duck water cool/cold? Was the sea smooth?ruff?

Was there anything you forgot to pack that you wish you had?
What category of room did you get and what did you think?
Which do you think is better? First or second dining rotation?
As you can tell, I just booked my first cruise and I'm anxious for any and all details. :banana:

We also just got off the Fantasy yesterday. Fabulous cruise, exquisite ship, and excellent crew! We booked a VGT room which guaranteed at least a category 6 and we received a Category 4E which was a room with an oversized verandah. We were on deck 5 fore and couldn't have been more pleased with our stateroom and location. It was very quiet and convenient to the theaters. For January the weather was, we believe, as good as we could expect. The temperatures, with the exception of the last day at Castaway Cay, was in the high 70s and low 80s. Our Castaway Cay day was cloudy, had temps in the low 70s, but a strong wind. It became clearer and warmer between 2 and 3.
We had second seating for dinner which we prefer, but we are two adults. Disney did an excellent job matching us up with table mates, two other couples our age. We hit it off from the first night and although we never actually did anything together we would enjoy seeing each other throughout the day and comparing notes on what we were doing. We intend to give DCL positive feedback about what a great job they did matching us up. We parted from our table mates with hugs and email addresses all around.
Concerning excursions, we did the island tour of St. John...beautiful. The weather was beautiful and we now wish that we had chosen an excursion that included beach time. In San Juan we toured Old San Juan on our own and went to El Morro, the older fort. Incredible vistas.
The only thing we forgot was dental floss and we licked that up in Orlando before we left.
I could go on and on, so feel free to ask any question or PM me.

Glad to hear you all hade a great cruise!

What kind of weather do you have? Was the Aqua Duck water cool/cold? Was the sea smooth?ruff?

The weather was really good,the last day was cooler..but we are from Canada so the weater was great.Had a blast on Aqua Duck ,went twice with my grandson,an the water was very warm...Iam thinking they said it was 76 .I didnt find the sea ruff...But alot lot of people said it was really ruff the last night,I slept though it .....I was so tired,the walls a thin I guess as every night I kept getting woke up by the VERY load snoring in the state room beside ours,even after going to K-Mart in St.Thomas an buying a fan to drown out the snoring...didnt work!

Was there anything you forgot to pack that you wish you had?
What category of room did you get and what did you think?
Which do you think is better? First or second dining rotation?
As you can tell, I just booked my first cruise and I'm anxious for any and all details. :banana:

As this was my 9th cruise,first on Disney.I have the packing down pretty good,so no didnt find I needed anything I didnt take.Our room was mid ship deck 6 really liked it there(except the snoring from cabin beside us.We had first dining,as my grand daughter who was with me ,has 5 oclock dinner at home,I like it as well.I think was better for us.Ask away,thats how you find out,BUT you will find ,you get the people thats replyings opinion,an they can differ alot.

To get all your pics available on one CD make sure they scan just one card each time they take the pictures. We had three cabins and all our pics were put on our CD when we did it this way.

This was our fifth cruise...biggest thing we learned was to pack less clothing. :rotfl: Seriously, we still over packed this cruise and we brought far less that each previous one. We found that we spent most of our time in swim suits and cover-ups, getting dressed nicely for dinner each night. Another thing to leave at home is a nightlite...the rooms on the Fantasy have plenty built in which was really a nice touch. :goodvibes And oh, the "over the door" shoe organizer didn't fit on the inside of our bathroom doors...the doors were too tight fitting...but Disney added more shelves for toiletries so it was really no big deal. :)

Did you find that you had to do a lot of waiting in line to ride AquaDuck? Also did you see any of the shows at night. I understand that they do shows 3 times per night. Thank you.

Did you find that you had to do a lot of waiting in line to ride AquaDuck? Also did you see any of the shows at night. I understand that they do shows 3 times per night. Thank you.

Not a bad wait for the AquaDuck after the first two days...before that, it was packed with little and big "kids". On the Castaway day, there was no wait at all mid-afternoon to early evening. My idea of a wait would be longer than ten or fifteen minutes...for me, it felt as though it took that long to climb the stairs! :rotfl:

We only saw a few shows...Aladdin and Buckets & Boards. We enjoyed both. I noticed that on sea days, they offered a 3pm show in addition to the two shows for the dinner seatings. On port days and our first day, there were only two shows at the traditional dinner times. I also saw that they would re-run the shows on a in-room channel dedicated to the shows, but never managed to catch one. Next cruise, when we have our teenagers with us, I am sure we will catch every show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter