Just off Fantasy - Concierge. Any questions?

DCLSailing said:
Yes, they are the same. We normally book the 299 square foot Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah so the larger Concierge suite did not appeal to us. The Verandah was the typical size and both the room and Verandah can be shared with the Roy suite. A few subtle differences that we noted. For example, the larger TV in front of the bed.

Room looking towards the door -

Fridge upon arrival - this was re-stocked daily (including Mickey Bars)!

Another subtle but nice difference was the additional H2O Plus items. Picture for reference -

Also, awaiting our arrival was a nice fruit basket -

Different color scheme - different pillow color -

The food was delicious - a breakfast item example -

Lunch items example -

And the bed was a pullout which was different than we had ever seen. This is the layout at night -

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can answer any questions. If you have the opportunity, the experience was wonderful. As veteran Disney Cruisers, this was a very unique experience for us and absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!

Thanks! I read some reviews that people hated this room because of the bump out... Frankly I think it's going to be wonderful!

... was hoping to have food brought to her room, if she wasn't up to dinner. ... :(

Just making sure you understand you can still have room service just not the full menu from the main dining room.

Yeah..... but we love it... Keep them coming....! Did you cover this? How about a private Cabana on Castaway Cay?

What did you want to know about the cabana? There are several threads about the cabanas themselves. The cabanas are great. For us they are worth the $500 every-time. It is a great private place the kids can rest in, where you have easy access to cold drinks, snacks, and virtually private beach. We have had them at both the lower and higher numbers. We like the easier access to the restroom and cookies too in the lower numbered cabanas.

Here is the longest Cabana Thread - just skip to the last few pages.

LINK

Hi there -
Hope you're still checking the thread...

I wondered if there is free bottled water in the concierge lounge that you can take back to your room?

Hi there -
Hope you're still checking the thread...

I wondered if there is free bottled water in the concierge lounge that you can take back to your room?

If there is none out all you need to is ask for it(its free).
I'm a Crush soda fan, so every night I would grab 2 cans and bring them back to our cabin.

This is a combo general/concierge question...
We are booked on our first DCL {actually mine and DD's first ever} cruise next March in a concierge veranda room. I see people mentioning certain cabin numbers and I'm wondering if you can pick your cabin? If so, how do I do that? If not, when do they assign the cabins?

Also, are children welcome in all concierge areas or are they treated as adult areas? I think I know the answer to this, but want to make sure.

Last, the difference between a veranda room and a 1 bd is about 4k...I can't imagine it's worth the price just to have more space for the 3 of us. Is there any difference in service between the type of rooms?

Oh and does anybody know if they have organic milk on the ship anywhere? Or should I bring my own for DD?

This is a combo general/concierge question...
We are booked on our first DCL {actually mine and DD's first ever} cruise next March in a concierge veranda room. I see people mentioning certain cabin numbers and I'm wondering if you can pick your cabin? If so, how do I do that? If not, when do they assign the cabins?

Also, are children welcome in all concierge areas or are they treated as adult areas? I think I know the answer to this, but want to make sure.

Last, the difference between a veranda room and a 1 bd is about 4k...I can't imagine it's worth the price just to have more space for the 3 of us. Is there any difference in service between the type of rooms?

All concierge room numbers are assigned at the time of booking. I'm assuming you booked through a TA so you will need to ask them. To find out which room you could switch I make a fake booking on DCL website to see which cabins are left.

With the "veranda room and a 1 bd " it all about what you are comfortable spending for the extra room. There also is an extra benny for 1br, you can order from the MDR to directly your room because you have a full sized table.

Oh and does anybody know if they have organic milk on the ship anywhere? Or should I bring my own for DD?

My guess is no. You could contact shoreside concierge to confirm.

jlemieu1 said:
All concierge room numbers are assigned at the time of booking. I'm assuming you booked through a TA so you will need to ask them. To find out which room you could switch I make a fake booking on DCL website to see which cabins are left.

With the "veranda room and a 1 bd " it all about what you are comfortable spending for the extra room. There also is an extra benny for 1br, you can order from the MDR to directly your room because you have a full sized table.

My guess is no. You could contact shoreside concierge to confirm.

We didn't book through a TA, though I'm curious why you think we did.

I think a call to DCL is in the cards today.

Yes.

When you booked you were assigned a room #.

:thumbsup2 Finally found it on my reservation. I swear I've looked a million times this week, but it was no where to be found until today. Anyway, I'm in 12008...anybody know anything about the room good or bad?

We were just in 12008 on the Fantasy from December 1-8...you will love it! Huge veranda and just a few doors down from the lounge.

Feel free to ask us any questions!

:thumbsup2 Finally found it on my reservation. I swear I've looked a million times this week, but it was no where to be found until today. Anyway, I'm in 12008...anybody know anything about the room good or bad?

Looks like we will be neighbors on the cruise!

Great pictures. In addition to the larger TV in front of the bed...do you also have a second TV (in front of the couch)?

Do you know if the concierge sun deck keeps the same hours as the lounge? I was curious if you could walk upstairs and use the sun deck in the evening hours.

Thanks

Great pictures. In addition to the larger TV in front of the bed...do you also have a second TV (in front of the couch)?

Do you know if the concierge sun deck keeps the same hours as the lounge? I was curious if you could walk upstairs and use the sun deck in the evening hours.

Thanks

Yes there is a TV in the desk area in front of the couch. The sundeck is open 7:00am-10:00pm

Curious to hear who is working in the Fantasy Concierge Lounge right now...When is PJ going on vacation? Julia is gone? :worried: Love her We are cruising on the Fantasy in April.:banana:

The concierge areas are set up for kids, so they are definately welcome. In the main lobby there is a TV running classic disney cartoons, coloring pages and board games. The upstairs area is also open to kids and is where the charactor meet and greet is. On the fantasy the sundeck opens to an adult area, so the kids will not be able to exit from the sundeck (kind of a bummer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter