Just off Dream Double dip concierge level. Any questions?

Thanks for the info, I had a few questions. Dis you have children with you and what were their ages? You said the food in concierge was way better than anywhere else on the ship........what do they serve? I thought it was just snacks. What were the gourmet snacks they had out, and also what did the breakfast set up have? I'm just curious more so about the food and drink portion of concierge. Skipping long lines, being first on the ship and snagging a cabana aren't deal breakers for me.............food and bev though, well that's another story. Thanks again!

Breakfast consisted of assorted pastries, fruit, cereals, muesli, assorted meats and cheeses, smoked salmon. You could also order a bagel toasted if you wanted. That was more than enough food for us . If you want a heartier bfast like eggs and bacon then you would need to head down to the MDRs. The snacks varied every day. the portion was small (think of passed appetizers at a wedding cocktail hour) but there was enough of a selection that you could definitely fill up. It would be stuff like tuna tartare, crostini with fig and prosciutto, mini ham and Gruyere quiche, mini shrimp salad sandwiches to name a few. They also would have deserts like French macaroons and chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats for the kids. I traveled with 2 kids aged 4 and 8. The food definitely catered more towards adults but we always managed to find something for the kids. You won't see a tray of chicken fingers there though, it wasn't that type of fare.

Although the food may cater to the adult crowd they have always made children welcome! On one cruise I had just sat down and my 2 year old announced she was hungry, I started to get up to make the fairly short walk to get chicken fingers and the hostess told me to sit down and she went! They made smoothies and hot chocolates with whipped cream and sprinkles for the kids, I never felt uncomfortable taking my kids in there and my older kids (12 and 16) went in for cokes and fresh fruit without us. I enjoy concierge for many of the reasons other people say, service and ease of getting things done. Yes it is a splurge, but for us worth our money and makes sailing with small people somewhat easier!

Did they get meet and greet tickets for you and what meet and greets are there? Cannot wait till out July 24 sail date!
Yes I didn't even need to ask. When we got to the lounge on the first day they had already scheduled meet and greets for Frozen and the Disney princesses back to back for the following morning. Plus Pirate Goofy met us on the concierge sun deck for a private meet and greet as well on pirate night. Definite perk of concierge!

One more question did they have any Disney Junior characters? Thank you so much for your response!

One more question did they have any Disney Junior characters? Thank you so much for your response!
They had some but not for ticketed meet and greets. I know they had Jake, Doc McStuffins. Not sure who else, we missed all of them. We were just in WDW so I had already told my kids that we were not going to go crazy getting all the character signatures this cruise. The worst line of all the character meet and greets was captain Jack Sparrow, that was like 45 minutes! Everyone else was like 10 minutes max.

Breakfast consisted of assorted pastries, fruit, cereals, muesli, assorted meats and cheeses, smoked salmon. You could also order a bagel toasted if you wanted. That was more than enough food for us . If you want a heartier bfast like eggs and bacon then you would need to head down to the MDRs. The snacks varied every day. the portion was small (think of passed appetizers at a wedding cocktail hour) but there was enough of a selection that you could definitely fill up. It would be stuff like tuna tartare, crostini with fig and prosciutto, mini ham and Gruyere quiche, mini shrimp salad sandwiches to name a few. They also would have deserts like French macaroons and chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats for the kids. I traveled with 2 kids aged 4 and 8. The food definitely catered more towards adults but we always managed to find something for the kids. You won't see a tray of chicken fingers there though, it wasn't that type of fare.

Thank you for this information. Did you happen to see oatmeal. Going with my mom and she eats it most mornings. Thanks.

Thank you for this information. Did you happen to see oatmeal. Going with my mom and she eats it most mornings. Thanks.
Don't believe so, they had Muesli which was really good and seemed healthy.

I believe that oatmeal is available in the Concierge lounge during breakfast hours by request. I remember my friend getting some one of the mornings in May.

I believe that oatmeal is available in the Concierge lounge during breakfast hours by request. I remember my friend getting some one of the mornings in May.

Yes, that is true. There was a small sign at the buffet that said oatmeal was available by request. We were on the same cruise in May, GreyStroke, and loved concierge.

Will do. I dont sail DCL until September and my next Haven visit is August 2016 on Breakaway. If you have any questions about the Haven Im happy to help. Its like having your own small cruise wihin a cruise. Its everything tou could imagine and so so relaxing.
I know I am hijacking this thread a bit but I am doing the new Escape in the Haven next Aug and wondered if the children will feel comfortable in the Haven. Specifically the pool area. Wondering if it's a more "mature" group of people in these rooms.

Can you sign up for things like Mixology, Tastings, etc at the Concierge Lounge or their staff?

I know I am hijacking this thread a bit but I am doing the new Escape in the Haven next Aug and wondered if the children will feel comfortable in the Haven. Specifically the pool area. Wondering if it's a more "mature" group of people in these rooms.

You will LOVE the Haven. We sail in summer and children are in the Haven. There were children during our sailing, not a lot, but a couple of families. Its not like the main pool or childrens pool area where its loud but children were certainly in the pool and hot tubs once in a while and always well behaved. I cant see how kids would rather be in there though, they would probably think its boring.

I have two kids, 17 and 21 and although my 21-dd enjoyed the Haven somewhat she and my ds hardly used it. They were both by main pool and with friends.

My dh, my mom and I rarely left the Haven only for gym and dinners lol. We ate all our dinners in the Specialty restaurants and our breakfast and lunches utilizing the Haven restaurant, either in the restaurant or ate by the pool. We used the Haven bar and after dinners would go to the bars on the ship or shows. I wish the Haven bar stayed open later but it was usually closed by 10 ish.

My sisters family will also be with us on the Breakaway in the Haven and she has three boys under 12. I honestly think the Haven will be wasted on her and her dh since they will want to be with boys by kids and main pool, mini golf, etc. but its such a wonderful experience.

I would still suggest making your reservations for shows and specialty restaurants and once onboard you can tweak with the concierge. I read on cruisecritic Adrian is on the Getaway now. We have had him as concierge and he doesnt know the words no or I cant do that.

Enjoy!

Tell me about breakfast and lunch in the concierge stateroom. Is it the same food/menu as the rest of the ship?

Last edited:
Forgot one biggie, basically all the cabanas were occupied but concierge level guests. They were amazing! It was so much more quiet and peaceful than the other areas of the beach. Loved the cabana!
Did you have a cabana both days at CC or just one of the two?

Tell me about breakfast and lunch in the concierge stateroom. Is it the same food/menu as the rest of the ship?
No it's lighter fare. Bfast was mixed pastries, meats, cheeses cereals fruit. They didn't have lunch per se just snacks offered all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter