Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

Hey there Susan, I followed you over from your dining reviews. I am just at the beginning of your trip report (still on arrival day) but I couldn't let this go without commenting. DH and I booked a Grand Villa at BLT, for one night, as a surprise for our friends a few years ago (2009). Oh my, it was awesome! It was like a gazillion points but it was so worth it. Going to sleep, lying on the bed looking out at the Magic Kingdom was amazing. The girls slept up on the balcony area and said it was the best place they've ever stayed. There are some pictures in my trip report (Bad Mothers Chapter 15) if you care to see.

Hi !! :wave2: I am so happy you came over to read !! I will have to check out the Grand Villa. I want to do it, too, but for just the four of us, I am not sure it is worth it. If we can get some other people to come, we might do it. It does sound awesome. I really loved BLT !!

Right, off to read more...

OK. See ya soon !!

I had to go look for the hidden Mickey in the giraffe. Look at your dd, then look at the giraffe. It is part of the giraffe's spots.

Thanks Marisa !! I had to really look for it, but I see it now. Thanks !!!

Catching up…

Yay !!!

SO. MANY. PRETTY. ANIMALS.

I know, right ???

And Harambe! MY LOVE.

It is just so much fun to say, even. Harambe .... Harambe

OMG IT IS DINO THE FLYING DINOSAUR. (that is my fave ride, btw.)

I think it is cute !!

I am so with you, Susan, on hating Dinosaur. That ride scares the crap out of me. Yes, I know the dinosaurs aren’t real BUT STILL.

It is just too jerky for me. And too dark. I wouldn't mind the jerkiness so much if it weren't so dark. I dunno. I just don't like it.

I LOVE THE THEMING TOO!!!!!!!!!!! As you already know, I am guessing.

AK is the best themed park, I think. It is just so cool.

Ok. So where do Dug and Russell exactly meet????

As you come into the park across the bridge and the Tree of Life is in front of you ... Russell and Dug and off to the right. We have been wanting to meet them for a while now, so DD was very happy to see them. They were really fun !!

I have a very loud voice and sometimes I don’t even notice. But that woman sounds just obnoxious. I would never yell to my family (aka MUM) from like 10 miles away or say oh are the characters changing into their costumes. Thanks for ruining it for the little kids! Seriously.

She was a real character. She seemed super nice, just clueless in general. And LOUD !!

Stop torturing moi with your pictures of AKL. I am already crying over AK.

I'm sorry, sweetie. One more post after this. You can make it. Here's a tissue.

And happy belated mother’s day! :-)

Thanks !! It was a good one !!

All caught up - 2 and a half hours later :rotfl: My DH is going to wonder why I've got nothing done this evening ;)

Yay !!! I get like that sometimes, too. I love reading straight through sometimes.

I must admit, seeing how many people there are in some of your pictures, I am starting to regret my plan to visit next March. Still, if the worst comes to the worst, my DD and I will just position ourselves within easy walking distance of the La Vie en Rose (hoping that they have it again next year) and that will be enough to keep me going for the week :thumbsup2

It IS crowded during that time of year. But I just love it during that time. The weather is always so nice and I love the Flower and Garden Festival. Just get up early and the hit the parks at EMH or rope drop and fast pass, fast pass, fast pass. We never felt like we were waiting in line.

And you MUST get the Pink slushie and don't even share it. Next time I am getting my own. DH always drank too much of mine. :sad2:

Okay, I'm reading through all of your days, and I'm sorry that it took me so long to get here my friend. ;)

I love that you got to stay at BLT this time! I adore that resort.

The Tasmanian Wolf stuffy is really cute. Looks like something I would have totally picked myself back in the day.

We missed the Top of the World lounge when we stayed there. And I can't even comment on how that happened......:confused3

Man, you are so right about the benefit of having DVC and the discount on the premium annuals that we got this year. It gives you such flexibility with the water parks.

I love Captain Cook's! Good choice of CS location.

Holy smokes! That cinnamon bun really is as big as her head!

Okay, slight tangent, but I had to comment. I love your son's Yin and Yang necklace. I think it's like a rite of passage for teenagers to wear that stuff, because I remember having those things when I was around his age too. Hehe.

Mmmmm, La Cantina nachos. LOVE THEM!

I remember seeing your pink GGS on Facebook. I mean, come on. It has to be great being pink!

Mini golf! Only done it once in the many years I've been going, and I nearly melted it was so hot. Hahaha!

Oh yeah, Disney Quest gets insane when it's raining outside!

GAH! Contempo Cafe Cupcakes.....you know how I feel about cupcakes....

Love the popsicle things. We had old old old school ones back in the day, and when we were kids, my Mom would also make us popsicles out of everything. I loved it!

I used to love having Mom and Daughter time alone on our family vacations. It sounds like you guys had a great night just shopping around on Main Street.

Yay, DISmeet!

Nice AKL pictures! It's such a beautiful resort, and the pool there is great.

Two times in a row on Kali? I was asking myself how they didn't get soaked, because I have the WORST luck on that ride.

That's hysterical! That the kids were all excited about eating at Outback. Hahaha.

Roasting marshmallows?! I gotta remember that for July.....

Okay, I'm reading through all of your days, and I'm sorry that it took me so long to get here my friend. ;)

I am so happy to see you here !!

I love that you got to stay at BLT this time! I adore that resort.

I love it, too !! Can't WAIT to go back. It was go great being so close to MK !!

The Tasmanian Wolf stuffy is really cute. Looks like something I would have totally picked myself back in the day.

But did you already have 1,345 stuffed animals already. Seriously, she needs another stuffed animal like she needs a hole in her head.

We missed the Top of the World lounge when we stayed there. And I can't even comment on how that happened......:confused3

NOW ..... I need to know why !!

Man, you are so right about the benefit of having DVC and the discount on the premium annuals that we got this year. It gives you such flexibility with the water parks.

I hope they do it again this year !! I keep waiting to see if they will announce it. Such a great deal !!

I love Captain Cook's! Good choice of CS location.

I was motivated by the pork sandwich and the Dole Whips. I love those things. And DD loves the gift shops there.

Holy smokes! That cinnamon bun really is as big as her head!

Thing was huge !! She couldn't eat it all, we had to help.

Okay, slight tangent, but I had to comment. I love your son's Yin and Yang necklace. I think it's like a rite of passage for teenagers to wear that stuff, because I remember having those things when I was around his age too. Hehe.

He bought that last year at AK. He's broken the string a couple of times, but he always finds the pendant and we string it up again.

Mmmmm, La Cantina nachos. LOVE THEM!

I know it !! Sooo yummy !!

I remember seeing your pink GGS on Facebook. I mean, come on. It has to be great being pink!

That drink was awesome !! I could so use one right now.

Mini golf! Only done it once in the many years I've been going, and I nearly melted it was so hot. Hahaha!

We had really good weather. Low 80's that day. It wasn't hot at all. I remember thinking that while we were playing though. That it would be super hot there during the summer. There appeared to be a good bit of shade though.

Oh yeah, Disney Quest gets insane when it's raining outside!

Yeah .... live and learn.

GAH! Contempo Cafe Cupcakes.....you know how I feel about cupcakes....

Cupcakes are amazing. Disney cupcakes are even better. But I can't find a better adjective. Stellar ?? Stupendous ?? I dunno.

Love the popsicle things. We had old old old school ones back in the day, and when we were kids, my Mom would also make us popsicles out of everything. I loved it!

I remember we had some, too. The Tupperware ones. We always used kool-aid and loved them. DD and I have really enjoyed it. This set is made really well and it has a straw in the handle for all of the melty stuff so it you can drink it and it doesn't leak everywhere. A pretty good design.

I used to love having Mom and Daughter time alone on our family vacations. It sounds like you guys had a great night just shopping around on Main Street.

We really enjoyed our time together. I just wasn't in the mood to see a movie.

Yay, DISmeet!

Always a fun thing to meet a fellow Disney freak !!

Nice AKL pictures! It's such a beautiful resort, and the pool there is great.

I love AKL. But this trip, BLT won as our overall fave. Can't wait to go back !!

Two times in a row on Kali? I was asking myself how they didn't get soaked, because I have the WORST luck on that ride.

Me too !! I am always the one ringing out my underwear in the bathroom. The only time I like being that wet is whne I am in the shower or the pool.

That's hysterical! That the kids were all excited about eating at Outback. Hahaha.

SMH :sad2: I don't know where I went wrong ....

Roasting marshmallows?! I gotta remember that for July.....

We had cooler evenings. 50's-60's. So I imagine the campfire was nice. July might be too hot. But maybe not so bad after the sun goes down.

Day 7 – Part Seven

DH and DD were still checking out the animals. Some more giraffes.

Because, you know, they are the best.

Back to the campfire

Then they came back inside for one more photo

After that, they came back upstairs and we settled in for our last night. We got everything packed up and ready for the morning, we watched basketball again and went to bed.

But don't leave me just yet. We still have one more park day !!

I'm so glad it's not over yet! lol

Giraffes ARE the best, I love them to pieces.

Looks like your DD had her own, personal campfire that night!

I'm so glad it's not over yet! lol

Me too !! I am always so sad when I am finished. I guess I will have to go back to cleaning the house :headache:

Giraffes ARE the best, I love them to pieces.

I just love them. So much fun to watch.

Looks like your DD had her own, personal campfire that night!

There were other kids there, I just didn't show those photos. There were about 5-6 of them altogether.

All caught up again. Hope you had a wonderful mother's day.

Love, love, love all the AK pictures. That resort truly is breathtaking. Glad everyone was able to join in and roast some marsh-mellows at the campfire. You got some great animal shots.

Too funny that your kids insisted on Outback! :rotfl: But, you know, sometimes it is good to venture off site for a meal.

Can't believe your last day is coming up. Boo!

All caught up again. Hope you had a wonderful mother's day.

Thanks you !! It was good !! I hope you did as well !!

Love, love, love all the AK pictures. That resort truly is breathtaking. Glad everyone was able to join in and roast some marsh-mellows at the campfire. You got some great animal shots.

It really is a neat resort and so different from BLT, So it was nice to have a completely different experience. DH took all of the animal photos. He gets the best ones.

Too funny that your kids insisted on Outback! :rotfl: But, you know, sometimes it is good to venture off site for a meal.

DH was all about it, too. It was a good meal, but not something I want to do every time we go. I prefer to stay on Disney Property

Can't believe your last day is coming up. Boo!

I know it. Always so sad. I just love writing the TR's and interacting with everyone. Maybe I will do a PTR for our next trip.

Yay, one more day!

I will definitely have to think through if we want to be by a campfire roasting marshmallows in the middle of July in Florida....hmmm.....:rotfl2:

Yay, one more day!

I will definitely have to think through if we want to be by a campfire roasting marshmallows in the middle of July in Florida....hmmm.....:rotfl2:

It might not be so bad when the sun goes down. But even then.... July in the south is pretty brutal.

Day 8 – Part One

Sunday, April 7, 2013

We got up around 7:00 AM. I went down to the Mara to get some breakfast. I got a waffle

And a croissant sandwich.

I had to MAKE DS eat half of this. He felt better afterwards, too. Anyway, all of us split this.

We checked out, packed all of our stuff in the car, and headed over to the bus stop to head over to Magic Kingdom. All week, Magic Kingdom opened at 7:00 AM. It was 8:30 AM when we got there. We were surprised to discover the park had not opened yet. Apparently on this day, they were back to their regular schedule.

DH and the kids groaned, but I was happy to see the opening show again – YAY !!

DD was still sporting her leis from O’hana the day before.

Good Morning !!! Good MORNing !!

DD was excited to see Marie !!

We entered and made our way up Main Street.

DS headed over to ride Space Mountain. DD wanted to ride the Speedway so DH took her over there.

I headed over to BTMRR for some fast passes.

Well that was a nice surprise, getting to the park and it not being open yet! Of course, having to put up with the grousing of the fam is never fun. Haha!

I have to try and get to MK for rope drop one day. That looks great and so many characters.

Aww, this is the day I left. :( I slept in a little that morning but yeah, I do think they went back to their regular hours because we could hear the welcome show going on from our room.

Man, I want to go back! Gotta love the opening show...it never gets old.

LOVE the giraffe pictures...you can NEVER have too many giraffe pictures. :goodvibes

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for making the welcome show at the MK despite the kids not being happy about it.

jecskc --- did you find the crowds managable? we are probably going Spring Break (the week before Easter) next year and just curious on your thoughts:scratchin thank you! :wave2:

I am determined to see the MK opening show this June. :thumbsup2 Glad you got to see it even though I'm sure your family did not feeling like waiting for the park to open. Kudos to you for getting out the door and all packed so early on your departure day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter