Just Imagine: Keeping WDW's Hall of Presidents from Closing

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by liquidbase, Sep 6, 2012.

1. liquidbase

liquidbase Mouseketeer

To avoid confusion, this post is not about a rumor but an invitation to use our imaginations and step into a 'dream' future for WDW's Hall of Presidents.

When the United States has a new elected president, Disney creates an audio-animatronic replica of the president to add to WDW's Hall of Presidents attraction. The existing president replicas on the attraction's theater stage are then re-arranged to accomidate the new president. But imagine a time when there is be no more room to add any more presidents. Disney would then have to replace the Hall of Presidents with a new attraction and/or demolish the building that once housed it. Now imagine if there was a way that they could keep the Hall of Presidents running. 'How?' you might wonder. Disney could analyze the histories of all of the presidents in the attraction. Then, the company may determine which presidents of all the rest were the most historically important and/or made the greatest contribution to the United States and the world. The presidents that Disney chooses would stay in the attraction while the others not chosen would be taken away. The Hall of Presidents would in a sense become a hall of fame dedicated to the best and famous presidents of America's history. Imagine if Disney preserved the Hall of Presidents with this kindof plan, it would keep a renowned classic WDW attraction open for many more years and also save the company time, money, and trouble from needing to rip the attraction down and think of a replacement for it.

***Since the DIS moderators are reading this post that is about an attraction of American presidents, I strongly recommend everyone not to mention anything about politics; please keep political opinions to yourselves.***

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. timmac

timmac DIS Veteran

Given that it's a topic that can obviously become political, particularly when one starts trying to define "the best", I think you're stumbling upon the exact reason Disney will *never* do anything like what's being proposed.

Even when they run out of room, I suppose they could go down for a longer refrub, to enlarge the stage area, for instance. With a new president once every four years or less (okay, occasionally more often in the case of death while in office, but that's exceedingly rare)... it's not like this is an issue likely to come to a head within the lifetime of anyone currently working on the project.

4. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

With some reconfiguration of the existing stage and how the U.S. Presidents are arranged on it, Disney could probably show twice as many U.S. Presidents.

That would take The Hall of Presidents well past the year 2200.

I really don't expect to the attraction ever to become The Hall of Most Presidents or The Hall of Some Presidents or The Hall of Presidents who Did Things that Historians Think Are Important.

5. Cafeen

Cafeen DIS Veteran

Or... they could take out the first 2-3 rows of seats, extend the stage outwards by 6 feet or so, and open up a ton more area to place another 50-60-100 years worth of guys on. I'd have to recheck my (crappy) photos from HoP last year, but I think there's also tons of space along the sides of the stage. They could easily extend the placement out along that area as well with some additional electric and lighting. (Basically along the lines of reconfiguring the stage mentioned above)

I also have a feeling, that if everything is still around in ~200 years, that they'd be more prone to build a new show building for it than start cutting people out. Or, just stop adding things and let it become outdated ;).

6. ChipnDale79

ChipnDale79 Mouseketeer

There will be no need for a major refurb, you see 200 years from now science will have come so far that we will be able to bring these dead Presidents back to life. These Presidents will just jump on the monorail and cruise over from the Grand Floridan every single day and just stand on stage, or maybe even sit next to you. Hell, if they have to, they can stand a little closer so to avoid extending the stage.

Maybe you'll even be able to talk Abe Lincoln into riding Big Thunder with you, let's just hope he follows the rules and hangs onto that hat of his.

:clown:

7. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

I think it will be all Presidents or no Presidents. As others have said, there is still plenty of room for expansion.

8. Razor Roman

Razor Roman <font color=blue>Make Roger Rabbit 2! <font color=

if it ever really became not feasible for AA figures of everyone to be represented, I'm sure digital projection could have progressed sufficiently that a back wall with several rows of virtual AA's could be there in addition to the real AA's. We could call it HOP3D