Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Oh my!! So sorry and sad to hear about your boss. No one is ever prepared for something like that.
I know he was your boss but like you said , in a small office of just the two of you, he was also a friend.
He and his clients would appreciate all that you do to settle everything, because you are a dedicated worker.
I know this will work in your favor when you look for a new position.
Remember to take care of yourself and lean on your love ones, you will get through this bump.
You will be in me and my husbands thoughts.:grouphug:

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about all that is going on! I know that "out of work" panic well. I am sure things will get better, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know).

I am so sorry for all you and John are going through right now. But you are such a good person and I know you will land your feet. Your Faith will get you through

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry. As the old saying goes, when it rains, it pours. I am glad John has another prospect so quickly and I hope that works out really well. I bet you will find another job quickly. Good legal secretaries are in demand. I can imagine how much you are feeling adrift right now, with normal yanked out from under you. I will definitely keep y'all all in my prayers, as well as your boss's family.

Wow I'm sorry you are going through so much right now! It's been a rough couple weeks for us as well but yours seems worse. My thoughts and prayers are we with you and your family. I hope you both find work soon.

I'm sorry you didn't like the pop.

Lisa I am so sorry to hear of all of this! I will be keeping your family & your boss's in my prayers. Sending much love your way.

So sorry Lisa for everything that you guys are going though. You will be in my thought and I hope it all works out for you very soon.

They really should fire that guy! Just look at that mess!

Once we dropped our 3D glasses into the bin, we were back out into the Florida sun and heat. And looking at the cute stuff painted on the buildings:

DSCF1279 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1280 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1282 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Whomever they hired to do their paint job did a really crappy job! Just look at the messes he created!

DSCF1281 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1283 (768x1024).jpg

At least he took the time to paint a bullseye and a hidden Mickey!

DSCF1284 (768x1024).jpg

I'm fairly certain that Rizzo and his buddy aren't going to catch any fish in that fountain but it looks like they've caught some loot!

DSCF1285 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Do you think that maybe you could just just a little bit or something?

Do you think that maybe you could just jump a little bit or something?

I'm looking at my pictures and it appears that we did a little wandering once we left MuppetVision3D. We wandered through Pixar Place and I felt the need to take not one but two pictures of the signage.

DSCF1238 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1239 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

And I heard that the golden carriage from the movie Cinderella was on display so we went to check it out. It was beautiful! So beautiful that there was a line of people waiting to have their picture taken with the glass slipper and the carriage.
DSCF1240 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1241 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Oops, looks like I had a picture of one of the signs near MuppetVision out of place so here it is.

DSCF1242 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Then, we were on the Streets of America. You know that street....the one that is now all boarded up behind the walls of Wall-y-wood Studios. More about that in my 2016 trip report. UGH!
DSCF1247 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

First up to have his picture taken was John:

DSCF1243 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Then Hunter enjoying the gloriousness of the streets

DSCF1244 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Apparently, he had also been deep in thought while I was taking his picture. He said that he wanted to lift me up and have our picture taken together. So, I stood there in what apparently was a "sack of potatoes" kinda way and he lifted me for this semi-awkward pose.
DSCF1245 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

Poor boy, lifting 124.8 pounds is tough when a Mama just stands there and is dead weight. So, he says that he wants to try it again but I'm supposed to give a little jump. Oh, now why didn't I think of that? Not much better but in his opinion was good enough 'cause he didn't offer to try again.

DSCF1246 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

**Up next: Holy Jalapeno!

Holy Jalapeno!

All that weight lifting had worked up a hunger in Hunter so it was a good thing that I had made an ADR for Sci-Fi. Quite honestly, we really don't have a favorite restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios. We had eaten at Sci-Fi several times in the past and it were happy with the basic menu so I figured why not eat there again?

DSCF1253 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1252 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Our wait was fairly short and we were soon in our miniature car waiting for our car hop to take our drink orders. As you can see, well, you can barely see it but still...we had two hitch hikers in the back seat. Good gosh, I'm looking at that picture and I look a mess. Oh well, I've shown y'all worse looking pictures of myself so what's the big deal if I toss in another.
IMG_0446 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0442 (1024x768).jpg

Our server came, took our drink orders and gave us menus.
DSCF1250 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

Before our trip, I did as I always do and looked at the menus. Allears had shown the Picnic Burger on the menu but when we got there is wasn't which was a bummer for Hunter. The picnic burger had a grilled hot dog (weiner) on top of the hamburger patty and he was looking forward to trying it. Shoot. He went with just the basic build your own burger. John and I did the same.

Our car hop was really attentive and refilled or refreshed our drinks a couple of times while we waited on our entrees. I attempted to take pictures but most turned out super dark including this one of the speakers right near the driver's seat.

DSCF1249 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1248 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

As I said, Hunter went with a basic burger but John and I added caramelized onions and jalapenos and they didn't skimp on the jalapenos! Oops, the first picture is a bit blurry but you can see what I'm talking about.

IMG_0449 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0451 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Holy Jalapeno!

While we dined on the burgers, we watched the black and while clips of the Blob, giant caterpillars destroying the world, aliens invading the Earth and laughed at what used to scare folks back in the day. Can you only imagine those same people watching the horror movies of today? Eeeeeekkkkk! We were all very happy with our entree choices and were pretty darn full but we were on the Disney Dining Plan and we had desserts to order.

IMG_0452 (1024x768).jpg

I didn't want anything super heavy because I had already eaten most of my burger so I ordered the fresh fruit salad which was really nothing more than sliced fruit which was okay.

IMG_0453 (1024x768).jpg

John ordered a hot fudge sundae:

IMG_0454 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter really didn't want a dessert but ordered the Warm Glazed Donuts anyway. The donuts were the only dessert that was a disappointment. The donuts weren't light and fluffy but were really dense and almost hard.
IMG_0455 (1024x768).jpg

Once we were done, our server scanned our Magic Bands, we left our tip and stopped by the restrooms before going back into the park. We had another day planned at Hollywood Studios so we were going to spend the evening doing something that we hadn't done before. But, before leaving the park, I stopped to take a picture of the Backlot Express sign and menu (at the time).
P5280369 (768x1024).jpg

P5280371 (768x1024).jpg

We also stopped at the little shopping venue near Indiana Jones:

P5280374 (768x1024).jpg

P5280375 (768x1024).jpg

P5280376 (768x1024).jpg

And in one of the stores that sells hats. This is where Hunter found the perfect hat for himself.

P5280379 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Can anyone tell us where to find a hippo in a tutu?

Love the updates! Such fun. I'm sorry to hear about your boss, and the troubles you and John are having with jobs. You guys will be in our prayers.

Hi Lisa! I usually just lurk on your trip reports, but I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and John. I'm sure something will turn up!

Sounds like you had a nice time at HS!

It's sad now that most of it is behind walls. I have no idea what I'm going to do with our HS day in December. I'm really thinking it's going to be a 1/2 day then we will hop somewhere else. I kind of wanted to see the new Star Wars fireworks that started this weekend but it sounds like you need to be front and center to really appreciate the show. People are lining up a few hours ahead of time and my Mom just can't do that.

Oh, and if you go back to Sci Fi, get the Sci Fi Candy Bar, so yummy!

The Grumpy hat picture had me :rotfl:

Can't wait to see where you headed to for the evening!

I am so sorry to hear about your boss and John's company closing down! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Sounds like you had a nice time at HS!

It's sad now that most of it is behind walls. I have no idea what I'm going to do with our HS day in December. I'm really thinking it's going to be a 1/2 day then we will hop somewhere else. I kind of wanted to see the new Star Wars fireworks that started this weekend but it sounds like you need to be front and center to really appreciate the show. People are lining up a few hours ahead of time and my Mom just can't do that.

Oh, and if you go back to Sci Fi, get the Sci Fi Candy Bar, so yummy!

The Grumpy hat picture had me :rotfl:

Can't wait to see where you headed to for the evening!

We had a great time at the park. Much more fun that we had this past trip.

Hollywood Studios is John's favorite park and I had two days planned for the park; however, we were done in just a day and had seen everything. I changed our plans completely and we went to Animal Kingdom for a second time instead.

I am so sorry to hear about your boss and John's company closing down! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Thank you!

Oh, Lisa! :sad1: What a week, I'll definitely be sending good thoughts your way.

Thank you so much!

Oh my!! So sorry and sad to hear about your boss. No one is ever prepared for something like that.
I know he was your boss but like you said , in a small office of just the two of you, he was also a friend.
He and his clients would appreciate all that you do to settle everything, because you are a dedicated worker.
I know this will work in your favor when you look for a new position.
Remember to take care of yourself and lean on your love ones, you will get through this bump.
You will be in me and my husbands thoughts.:grouphug:

I am doing what I KNOW my boss would want me to do. At least I know that he'd be proud of me and the fact that I'm not abandoning all of our cilents.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about all that is going on! I know that "out of work" panic well. I am sure things will get better, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know).

I'm trying not to worry because I know who is in control.

I am so sorry for all you and John are going through right now. But you are such a good person and I know you will land your feet. Your Faith will get you through

Yes m'am! It certainly will!

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry. As the old saying goes, when it rains, it pours. I am glad John has another prospect so quickly and I hope that works out really well. I bet you will find another job quickly. Good legal secretaries are in demand. I can imagine how much you are feeling adrift right now, with normal yanked out from under you. I will definitely keep y'all all in my prayers, as well as your boss's family.

I can tell you for a fact that I'm sick of all the rain that's been pouring down on us.

Wow I'm sorry you are going through so much right now! It's been a rough couple weeks for us as well but yours seems worse. My thoughts and prayers are we with you and your family. I hope you both find work soon.

I'm sorry you didn't like the pop.

Thank you! Pop wasn't bad at all. Just not quite what we are used to.

OH wow. So sorry. Praying for you.

Thank you!

Lisa I am so sorry to hear of all of this! I will be keeping your family & your boss's in my prayers. Sending much love your way.

The prayers are greatly appreciated!

So sorry Lisa for everything that you guys are going though. You will be in my thought and I hope it all works out for you very soon.

I sooo appreciate it!

:rotfl:LOL at Hunter in his perfect hat!!

Wasn't that a priceless picture!

So sorry to hear about all of the turmoil going on in your life. Keep us posted!

Update coming right up!

Love the updates! Such fun. I'm sorry to hear about your boss, and the troubles you and John are having with jobs. You guys will be in our prayers.

The prayers are greatly appreciated!

Hi Lisa! I usually just lurk on your trip reports, but I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and John. I'm sure something will turn up!

Thank you for posting! I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter