Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Don't you dare touch that!

We were assigned to the very last building in Jamaica which was okay because my only requests were Jamaica and that all of our reservations be linked. We knew that one had been granted and we'd soon know about the other.
OH NO!!!!
They took out the engraved walls around the Tubs! I loved those etchings with the banana leaves and birds of paradise.
(Yeah, I'm WAAAAAYYY behind on your TR.. sorry, Lisa)

Crush 'n It! Oh look there's Tilly's!

As we neared the top, Hunter and I spotted what we thought might be a hidden Mickey in the rock formation but, for the life of me, I can't find it.

Just a guess, is it....

Attachments

• hm rock.JPG
    hm rock.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 11
We went to the waterparks on our very first trip and haven't been back! :scared1: Maybe it's time to go again.
I'll need to check that laundry site out before our trip. :laundy:

Wow! Lots of updates!

We haven't been to DTD for several years. Never heard of the Man, the Myth, the Legend

Oh my goodness, if you ever go to Disney Springs, especially on a weekend, you're sure to run into the Man, the Myth, the Legend. He is amazing!

Also, what is the Sosa Family Cigar place???

I know that they sell cigars there and I think that they have a smoking parlor as well.

I have not stayed at POP, but I think of the values, I would like that one or AoA the best. I have been to All Star Music with family and All Star Movies for the class trip and I have found them to be fine.

We are going into the stay knowing that it will NOT be Caribbean Beach. We are planning on walking over to AoA and taking a look around. We've walked around the resort before (not long after it opened) but didn't do much more. Hunter's girlfriend is a Cars fan and can't wait to see that area.

What a nice day at Typhoon Lagoon- that is my favorite water park, although the family ride at BB is much better.

I personally think that Typhoon Lagoon is the best of the two. John likes Blizzard Beach more though.

I'm glad you are happy with your camera. Was that the one you bought at an auction?

Yep, bought it on Sam's Club auctions for not much at all.

I just love having a waterproof camera I can have with me wherever. The beach, pools, water parks.

I love that camera and use it all the time.

The cornbread waffle pulled pork sandwich looks really interesting. Really. So does the Shrimpwrecked salad.

John said that it was good just not as much to it as the picture showed.

Great review of the new laundry machines.

:goodvibes

Thank you! I'm sure that I'll be doing another when we get to Pop Century.

Great TL updates! My family did each water park twice on our last trip, but I didn't spend much time at TL. The first day we went, our kids decided to get out of the lazy river, knowing we were a little ways behind them, decided they had waited on the steps for us "way too long" and assumed we were already out of the lazy river (we had not), and took off to find us. Huge, dark clouds were rolling in, and they were lost, it was a mess. After probably close to an hour (I waited on the steps for them, DH walked all the way around the lazy river), we split up and went to find them. Finally, I saw a CM walking them around near the LR...they had figured out we were not at the chairs and told a CM they were lost. They had been at Lost Children, where they were calling DH's cell phone--that was in the locker, of course. We thanked the CM, went to get our towels and it started storming hard. I haven't been that scared ever, that I can remember. Anyway, the other day we went to TL, I had gotten too hot at HS and ended up with a migraine, so I stayed in the room while they went. No visits to Lost Children that day, thank goodness.

ON MY WORD! Every parent's worst nightmare! I am frantic just reading what you went through.

Are the washers and dryers at CBR all debit/credit card now? Thanks for the laundry info also :)

From what I understand, yes. I believe that they are now WDW resort wide.

Love the updates! You guys always seem to have such a good time together. I'm loving the details in your picture-taking. Such fun!!!

Thank you! You know family fun 'cause I love all of the pictures that you post with Elizabeth!

OH NO!!!!
They took out the engraved walls around the Tubs! I loved those etchings with the banana leaves and birds of paradise.
(Yeah, I'm WAAAAAYYY behind on your TR.. sorry, Lisa)

Absolutely nothing to apologize for! I'm behind on everything lately! Yes, they did remove the etching in the tub. :sad:

We went to the waterparks on our very first trip and haven't been back! :scared1: Maybe it's time to go again.
I'll need to check that laundry site out before our trip. :laundy:

I really tried working the water parks into the plans this trip but we are doing several other things so it just wouldn't work.

Holy moley...the laundry looks so posh! normally we just go for a week and dont need to use it but we will def need it this time..we are going two weeks...cant wait to try it..! :)

I bought an Olympus Tough too last summer. I got it right before Alaska and really liked it. Yes it does not do as well in the dark like my big boy but it still is a really decent point and shoot. I used it a lot in Feb. too. I have yet to test it's waterproofness yet though....well I did in the rain, so I guess that counts.

Holy moley...the laundry looks so posh! normally we just go for a week and dont need to use it but we will def need it this time..we are going two weeks...cant wait to try it..! :)

With longer trips, doing laundry is definitely in order for our family. You are going to love this nice long trip!

I bought an Olympus Tough too last summer. I got it right before Alaska and really liked it. Yes it does not do as well in the dark like my big boy but it still is a really decent point and shoot. I used it a lot in Feb. too. I have yet to test it's waterproofness yet though....well I did in the rain, so I guess that counts.

I love my Olympus Tough and all of the various settings on it. I love the Magic effects! And, yes, using it in the rain certainly does count as testing it's 'waterproofness".

I'm working on the next update but I have a favor to ask of you all. My aunt, my mother's only living relative, is on her deathbed. First, she had bronchitis and had finally gotten over it. Then, she started having intestine issues and they went in to do a colonoscopy. When they turned her on her side, the bile went into her lungs (could have happened to any person...not just her) and she aspirated. She has been on a ventilator for almost a week now, her white count is very high, her kidneys are shutting down. There really is no hope and the family has accepted that and know that she lived a long and full life. My request is that you keep her family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this tough time. As those of you who have read my reports before know, my Mama is a worrier and gets extremely anxious and, as you can well imagine, this has been extremely stressful on her. Pray for her as well, please! Thank you!

You can beat your chest all you want!

Our day had been a busy one so far. We had done almost every single water ride/thing at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, lounged around at the resort, washed and dried our laundry in the new fancy smancy laundry rooms at the CBR and now it was time to end the day. We were going back to Downtown Disney again. We had dinner reservations at Rainforest Cafe!

This picture was taken at 4:10 p.m. which means that we were walking across the parking lot to the bus stop about that time.

P5270317 (768x1024).jpg

When we got to Downtown Disney, we popped into Mickey...Mickey....what's that store called that has everything like $20 and under? Is it Mickey Traders? Anyway, we went in there to look at the 5 for $20 stuff and just look around in general. From there, we walked over to the new Market Co-Op. This place is really neat. It's like an open shopping mall but it doesn't feel like a shopping mall. More snazzy. This next picture was taken at 4:58 p.m. which is less than an hour from when we our room, took the first picture, waited on a bus, rode over to DTD, shoped at Mickey whatever it is called and then made it over to the new Co-Op. Not bad, not bad at all.

P5270318 (768x1024).jpg

You can kinda sorta see how the store are set up. They are divided by partial walls and there are walkways between the store.
P5270319 (768x1024).jpg

They had some really neat merchandise in the Co-Op.

P5270320 (768x1024).jpg

P5270321 (768x1024).jpg

P5270322 (768x1024).jpg

P5270323 (768x1024).jpg

When we were in Epcot (waiting out the rain), I saw a large wooden spoon that I really wanted but didn't want to carry around. I thought that it would be perfect to use when making my soups, homemade sauces, and when I can my veggies from the garden. We bought one of the spoons, a set of coasters and it seems like something else but I can't remember. From there, we walked over to Rainforest Cafe as it was nearing our ADR time.

P5270324 (768x1024).jpg

You can't really tell it from the picture but there were people standing around everywhere and most of them didn't have reservations. We, however, did and after we checked in at the elephant, we were told to go directly into the line.

I just love the bar stools at Rainforest Cafe and I wondered if the lady in the black and white had planned her outfit according to the stool that she wanted.

P5270325 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

You can beat your chest all you want! Continued

In no time at all, we were greeted by a hostess who walked us to a table near a gorilla beating his/her chest. Now I'm not sure if it was a he or a she but there was a baby nearby.Our waiter came, gave us menus and took our drink orders. Once I had decided what I wanted to order, i took pictures of our surroundings but forgot to adjust the settings on my camera so they aren't the greatest quality.

IMG_0385 (1024x768).jpg

P5270326 (768x1024).jpg

P5270327 (768x1024).jpg

P5270329 (768x1024).jpg

P5270330 (768x1024).jpg

P5270336 (768x1024).jpg

P5270335 (768x1024).jpg

I like to try a little of this and a little of that so I ordered the Awesome Appetizer Adventure - Ideal for four or more, featuring Chimi-Cha-Cha, Crustacean crab Dip with Tri-Colour chips, Cheese Sticks, and Chicken Tenders. Served with fresh guacamole, marinara, and coconut curry sauce.

IMG_0390 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0393 (1024x768).jpg

Lawd have mercy, that's a lot of food! You'll notice that the description says enough for four. Well, there was just one of me but John did say that he'd eat some from my plate as well.

**Continued in next post

You can beat your chest all you want! Continued

John backed off on volunteering to help me with my food when his came out. Ribs, Steak and Shrimp Trio - a hearty platter featuring slow roasted St. Louis style pork spareribs basted with our Smokin' Mojo BBQ sauce, char-grilled flat iron steak topped with steak butter and Caribbean Coconut Shrimp. Served with Safari fries and coleslaw

IMG_0391 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter chose the Primal Steak - center cut NY strip aged 21 days! Chargrilled to perfection, topped with steak butter and served with red skinned potatoes and your choice of a side. But, he substituted double fries and asked for the steak butter to be on the side.

IMG_0392 (1024x768).jpg

Now I know that some folks don't really care for Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex but we have had absolutely amazing meals each and every time that we have eaten at either one of them. This trip was no exception. Every single thing that was on the plate was delicious! And there was so much food! So so so much. We were on the Disney Dining Plan which meant that each of us were entitled to a dessert choice but there was no way that we could each eat a dessert. The waiter said that we could order a Volcano and share it instead of ordering individually so we went with his suggestion. Sparkling Volcano - enough for three or more! A giant, rich chocolate brownie cake stacked up high, served warm with vanilla ice cream, creamy whipped topping and topped with caramel and chocolate sauces

IMG_0394 (1024x768).jpg

Even though we were stuffed from our entrees, we did put quite a dent in the Volcano. Who can resist brownies, ice cream and chocolate? Not us!

IMG_0395 (768x1024).jpg

I'm kid you not when I say we waddled out of the restaurant. I felt like I had gained ten pounds but it was well worth it! We said goodnight to Rainforest Cafe and Downtown Disney for the evening and went back to the resort to rest up from the day.

IMG_0397 (768x1024).jpg

**Up Next: Five Floors of Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun!

As much as I really enjoy ALL of your stories and pictures... The CBR pictures just completely transport me. I can not wait to be "home" again.

And, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt - particularly for your momma's sake. Your family is in my prayers.

As much as I really enjoy ALL of your stories and pictures... The CBR pictures just completely transport me. I can not wait to be "home" again.

And, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt - particularly for your momma's sake. Your family is in my prayers.

I can hardly wait to be "home" again too!

Thank you for your prayers!

I think I'm all caught up!

One of these days I will try Olivia's out. It always gets good reviews here on the boards. I just never seem to be over that way to make it convenient.

Looks like a great day at Typhoon Lagoon. I love it there! I think my daughter and i could do the Crush 'n Gusher all day without getting tired.

The photos of the Co-Op reminded me that I badly wanted one of those wooden Big Thunder Mountain signs for my future Man Cave. Unfortunately I think they sold out of them.
:sad1:

I'm finally caught up with your report, and I'm loving it! So much fun!

Your family will be in our prayers.

I'm so sorry about your aunt, definitely praying for the family.:hug:

Your Typhoon Lagoon post is making me super excited for our day there!

We love Rainforest Cafe too! We've eaten at the ones in Disneyland, AK and DTD in WDW dozens upon dozens of times and always had great meals!

Just love all your pictures and details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter