Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

What a fun day. we still need to get over to a water park one of these days.

All the times that we have been to WDW and we have never gone to either of the water parks. From your pictures, it looks like a great time!!

LOVE,LOVE LOVE Typhoon Lagoon!

So do we! I wish that I were there right now!

What a fun day. we still need to get over to a water park one of these days.

Jen, I bet Claire would love it since she had so much fun going on the slide on the cruise.

All the times that we have been to WDW and we have never gone to either of the water parks. From your pictures, it looks like a great time!!

We didn't go to a water park until after a dozen trips to Walt Disney World. I can't believe that we waited so long!

Making a pit stop and calling Mayday!

Before going back to our loungers, I had to make a pit stop but first, I took this picture:

P5270267 (768x1024).jpg

I'll tell you now that before I took these pictures, I made sure that there was no one in the bathroom/showers. After taking these two pictures, a mother and her child came in and i put my camera away. So, I didn't get pictures of the showers. The shower stalls have a small bench and curtains instead of doors. They are about the same size as a regular bathroom stall so there's plenty of room to move around (since there is no toilet).

P5270268 (768x1024).jpg

P5270269 (768x1024).jpg

I met back up with Hunter and we walked back to our set-up for the day. John said that he was perfectly happy staying right where he was but Hunter and I wanted to do some more exploring. So, off we went again. I snapped this picture of the lazy river as we walked.

P5270274 (768x1024).jpg

And one of Lowtide Lou's

P5270275 (768x1024).jpg

P5270277 (768x1024).jpg

One of 3 Falls raft rides that include Keelhaul Falls and Gang Plank Falls, Mayday Falls is the most intense. (taken from the WDW website) We grabbed tubes and made our way up up up.
P5270278 (768x1024).jpg

P5270279 (768x1024).jpg

P5270280 (768x1024).jpg

P5270281 (768x1024).jpg

You can see from the pictures that the lines were getting a little longer as the day progressed.

**Continued in next post

Making a pit stop and calling Mayday!

Mount Mayday is so high that we could see Disney Springs and the Characters in Flight balloon!

P5270282 (768x1024).jpg

Soon, we'd be rushing down these rapids!
P5270283 (768x1024).jpg

As I mentioned in my Crush N Gusher post, the cast members explain how to get into your tube, will hold it for you and then guide you over to the start of the slide. This is soooo helpful for an uncoordinated person like myself. You may be able to tell from the picture below that the water was moving pretty quickly and I'd sometimes go up the side a bit but it was so fun!

P5270292 (768x1024).jpg

I love my waterproof camera which I bought upon Dee's recommendation the year that we went on our cruise. It's an Olympus Tough and it is fantastic!

P5270293 (768x1024).jpg

Here comes Hunter.

P5270294 (768x1024).jpg

We did these slides multiple times too and had so much fun!

P5270295 (768x1024).jpg

P5270296 (768x1024).jpg

P5270297 (1024x768).jpg

P5270299 (1024x768).jpg

It was starting to get a bit more crowded and our stomachs were telling us that it was time to eat. You all know how playing around in the water can work up a fierce hunger! We crossed the park and made it back to where John was catnapping. He was ready for some lunch as well.

**Up Next: You gonna eat your cornbread? That is NOT your typical cornbread!

Attachments

• P5270288 (768x1024).jpg
    P5270288 (768x1024).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3
You really did luck out with such short lines. My favorite is the Wave Pool. I could stay in there for hours.

You really did luck out with such short lines. My favorite is the Wave Pool. I could stay in there for hours.

We hit the park at just the right time! I don't like the wave pool at all because I'm not a strong swimmer and the waves scare me. Yes, I'm a titty baby.:teeth:

You gonna eat your cornbread? That is NOT your typical cornbread!

I don't know what television show or movie it was said in but "you gonna eat your cornbread" is something that we say a lot around our house. You know how you hear something and it just strikes you as hilarious? Well, that's how that phrase is with us. Now, why am I talking about cornbread when we are in the middle of Typhoon Lagoon? Well, you see, we were hungry and one of the closest counter service eateries, Snack Shack, had a cornbread waffle sandwich on their menu as well as a couple of delicious looking options.
P5270270 (1024x768).jpg

P5270271 (1024x768).jpg

John decided to go with the cornbread waffle while Hunter and I went next door to Typhoon Tilly's. Tilly's had quite the selection as well:

P5270273 (768x1024).jpg

P5270272 (1024x768).jpg

As you can see behind the menu board, there are picnic tables set up beside the two restaurants and there's even more under cover just to the left of this sign. Last year, we had eaten at Typhoon Tilly's and were happy with our choices so we ordered the same thing this trip. The fried shrimp basket and the fried fish basket.
P5270303 (1024x768).jpg

P5270304 (1024x768).jpg

Oh and I almost forgot to post a picture of John's waffle sandwich. It didn't come out exactly as the picture on their menu board depicted and it certainly didn't have as much pork in it but he said that it was still good.
P5270307 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

You gonna eat your cornbread? That is NOT your typical cornbread!

Our dessert choices were the key lime pie and chocolate cake:

P5270305 (1024x768).jpg

P5270306 (1024x768).jpg

We stopped at the condiment stand and picked up cutlery, ketchup and tarter sauce and found a table in the covered seating area. Everything was really good. As I have said before, I'm a little hesitant to order any type of seafood outside of our home State but, having ordered the same entrees last trip, I knew that they would be good. The shrimp were nice and crunchy and the fish had just the right amount of batter on the outside.

The key lime pie was on the sour side and the chocolate cake had sooooo much chocolate on it. How much chocolate? A lot! Seriously, Hunter was just kidding around. He smeared the chocolate on his lips and told me to take the picture. Silly goose!

P5270309 (768x1024).jpg

I know that you are supposed to sit still for a while before you jump back into swimming but we are risk takers and decided that we'd do some more slides before calling it a day at Typhoon Lagoon. I'm looking through my pictures and I think that I finally took the camera and locked it up in the locker. Lacey and Jesse were getting ready to make the drive with Jesse's family and I wanted to check in with her. I looked at my phone and she had called three times. Getting anxious about hitting the road I guess and who could blame her? I know that we went down Humunga Kowabunga a couple more times and one of the falls. Oh and we floated along the lazy river as our final hoorah. Well, Hunter and I did. John stayed back at base camp and relaxed some more. For those who wonder how John feels about us going off and doing things without him, he doesn't mind at all. So long as his epilepsy isn't affecting him, he is perfectly happy just laying around on a lounge chair soaking up the sun.

By the time we were done on the river, the park was getting pretty crowded and we had done everything multiple times so we decided to get our things and leave. We headed off to the changing rooms/showers to change. The women's changing rooms were really nice. They were separated into stalls that had curtains on them. John said that the men's was much different and that guys are definitely not clean like I said the women were. He dropped his swimming trucks on the floor and said that he refused to even think about putting them back on even after a good washing. So, he threw them away! Thank goodness, I always pack two pair.

On the way out, I stopped and took this one picture that was at the base of a tree called the Scrambled Egg Tree.

P5270310 (768x1024).jpg

**Coming up: This is NOT your typical laundromat!

Joining in! We're staying at CBR in October and found your TR through the CBR thread. Great report so far!

4 Privet Drive

That is the coolest!!! I so wanted to go there when we went to London but the rest of the family didn't want to go out of the city...sigh...next time.

Just to be in the actual sets where they filmed was crazy!

That is seriously awesome.

Love your TR as well..Typhoon Lagoon is so much fun! That waffle sandwich looked really good I think...

Joining in! We're staying at CBR in October and found your TR through the CBR thread. Great report so far!

Welcome! I'm glad to have you here! I have been slacking on the trip report due to all sorts of problems/issues/life. LOL I hope to keep it moving forward as we will be back in "the world" in less than a month!

Love your TR as well..Typhoon Lagoon is so much fun! That waffle sandwich looked really good I think...

I'm not a big fan of cornbread but I tasted this and it was very good.

This is NOT your typical laundromat!

It was around 3:00 p.m. when we got back to the resort and our plans for the rest of the day were open until later in the evening. I decided that now would be a great time to check out the new laundry facilities at the resort. Before our trip, I had read about Disney replacing the washers and dryers with new high tech machines. In addition to the new machines, there was also a website that you could access that would give you info on the machines that were being used, were open for use, how far along they were in the cycle, etc.

I wanted to get video of how to access the laundry rooms and how to select your washer & dryer. These two videos were taken on two different dates but I'm posting them both here.

In the second video, you can see that you select a specific numbered machine.
IMG_0378 (1024x768).jpg

Each of the machines are well marked with their number. The washers.
IMG_0379 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0381 (1024x768).jpg

P5270312 (768x1024).jpg

And the wall to wall dryers.
P5270311 (768x1024).jpg

After making your selection, you put in your clothes and that is it. Once you have started the machine(s), you can log onto the www.laundryview.com/disneyworld site and immediately check the status of your wash. Once you are on the laundryview.com site, you find your resort and click on the laundry facility that you wish to use. For example: There are six laundry rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort, I clicked on Caribbean Beach Resort and the drop down box lists all six villages. Click on the appropriate village and it will show you something very similar to the picture below. I took a screenshot of the status check that I made after logging on. You may also notice in the screenshots below that you can see what washers and dryers are open prior to even going down to the laundromat.

IMG_0375 (640x960).jpg

IMG_0376 (640x960).jpg

Knowing that my laundry still had X amount of minutes to be done, I knew that I had plenty of time to go over to Old Port Royale and pick up the items that we had sent to Package Pickup. If a Guest wants to go back to their room to take a quick nap or shower, they can check the status from their phone or laptop. It’s easy as can be!

**Continued in next post

Now ain't that a fancy laundry area, eh??? Thank you for explaining it. I'm not sure what they have at Old Key West, but I'll be finding out. Thanks for the info!!! Loving your report, as I always do!!!:lovestruc

This is NOT your typical laundromat!

I am not the kind of gal who is blown away by the latest high-tech gadgets or gizmos but the new internet-connected machines that Walt Disney World has installed made me a happy girl. No having to go down to the laundry room to see if the dryer had finished tumbling. I give the new laundry facilities two thumbs up!

In the first video, you could see that there were other "machines" in the laundry room as well. There were several brands of laundry detergent, dryer sheets, etc., a drinks machine and a change machine.
IMG_0383 (1024x768).jpg

There was also a large map of the resort hanging above the washers.

IMG_0382 (1024x768).jpg

In the middle of the room are two long back-to-back folding tables.

During my stroll over to Old Port Royale...you know the one that I took because I could leave my laundry behind but still check its status....I took a couple of pictures. I have no clue why I took these two. Maybe I just liked the pretty colors and the gorgeous grounds.

P5270314 (576x1024).jpg

P5270315 (576x1024).jpg

I got our things from Package Pick-Up, dropped them off in the room and by that time, the laundry was ready to put in the dryer. While they were drying, we took turns taking a shower and getting ready for our evening. Like I said, I'm not a gadget loving person but these new laundry rooms are so easy to use and seem to cut down on the time running back and forth to check your wash.

**Up next: Chapter title unknown

Now ain't that a fancy laundry area, eh??? Thank you for explaining it. I'm not sure what they have at Old Key West, but I'll be finding out. Thanks for the info!!! Loving your report, as I always do!!!:lovestruc

Aren't they though?! I loved them! So easy to use and the website was so much better than running back and forth between the room and the laundry.

Wow! Lots of updates!

We haven't been to DTD for several years. Never heard of the Man, the Myth, the Legend

Also, what is the Sosa Family Cigar place???

I have not stayed at POP, but I think of the values, I would like that one or AoA the best. I have been to All Star Music with family and All Star Movies for the class trip and I have found them to be fine.

What a nice day at Typhoon Lagoon- that is my favorite water park, although the family ride at BB is much better.

I love my waterproof camera which I bought upon Dee's recommendation the year that we went on our cruise. It's an Olympus Tough and it is fantastic!

I'm glad you are happy with your camera. Was that the one you bought at an auction?

I just love having a waterproof camera I can have with me wherever. The beach, pools, water parks.

The cornbread waffle pulled pork sandwich looks really interesting. Really. So does the Shrimpwrecked salad.

Great review of the new laundry machines.

:goodvibes

Great TL updates! My family did each water park twice on our last trip, but I didn't spend much time at TL. The first day we went, our kids decided to get out of the lazy river, knowing we were a little ways behind them, decided they had waited on the steps for us "way too long" and assumed we were already out of the lazy river (we had not), and took off to find us. Huge, dark clouds were rolling in, and they were lost, it was a mess. After probably close to an hour (I waited on the steps for them, DH walked all the way around the lazy river), we split up and went to find them. Finally, I saw a CM walking them around near the LR...they had figured out we were not at the chairs and told a CM they were lost. They had been at Lost Children, where they were calling DH's cell phone--that was in the locker, of course. We thanked the CM, went to get our towels and it started storming hard. I haven't been that scared ever, that I can remember. Anyway, the other day we went to TL, I had gotten too hot at HS and ended up with a migraine, so I stayed in the room while they went. No visits to Lost Children that day, thank goodness.

Are the washers and dryers at CBR all debit/credit card now? Thanks for the laundry info also :)

Love the updates! You guys always seem to have such a good time together. I'm loving the details in your picture-taking. Such fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter