Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

So sorry about your Aunt's passing :hug: :littleangel: Praying for your family

Fun Day At Disney Quest!! I have never been there, it always sounded like fun but we never had the extra time.

:grouphug: to your family, Lisa and an extra hug to Mama. :hug:

I know your family's love and faith will get you through this sad time.

Disney Quest is not my favorite place in the World.

At least you did it right, going during the day when it was not too busy. You almost made it look like it was worth the trip! ;)

My main issue with the place when it is crowded is that once you are playing a game, there is no time limit, so my boys would be waiting to do something and the person using the machine would not leave. Once someone tried to cut my son in line after he had been waiting about 20 minutes for something.

Some of the interactive stuff sounds interesting, but then I was disappointed that there was never an Animation class. Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty cool, though.

Rumor is that is (or will) be closed, but I haven't followed that news.

Looking forward to the next thing on your agenda, once you get there after a looooonnnng walk. Lego?

:goodvibes

The title of your next post sounds like what I say in Disney...."I swear it's only a few minutes' walk! It'll be fast!" *20 minutes later...* At least we're fast walkers!

That sounds like when we were walking to the Contemporary from Magic Kingdom for our dinner reservation. It looks like just a short ways but then it's longer than you think.

So sorry about your Aunt's passing :hug: :littleangel: Praying for your family

Thank you so much!

Fun Day At Disney Quest!! I have never been there, it always sounded like fun but we never had the extra time.

Even though I'm not into playing games, it was fun. John and Hunter really liked it.

:grouphug: to your family, Lisa and an extra hug to Mama. :hug:

I know your family's love and faith will get you through this sad time.

Thank you so much Dee!

Disney Quest is not my favorite place in the World.

At least you did it right, going during the day when it was not too busy. You almost made it look like it was worth the trip! ;)

Worth the trip for me? Probably not. Worth the trip for Hunter? Absolutely!

My main issue with the place when it is crowded is that once you are playing a game, there is no time limit, so my boys would be waiting to do something and the person using the machine would not leave. Once someone tried to cut my son in line after he had been waiting about 20 minutes for something.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one. People can be so rude. Just like staying on a game forever when they know that someone like your son is waiting to play.

Some of the interactive stuff sounds interesting, but then I was disappointed that there was never an Animation class. Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty cool, though.

Out of everything, Pirate is my favorite.

Rumor is that is (or will) be closed, but I haven't followed that news.

It is supposed to close but I don't think that they've ever released a firm date on when it will be. A new NBA experience is supposed to take its place.

Looking forward to the next thing on your agenda, once you get there after a looooonnnng walk. Lego?

:goodvibes

You won't have to wait long to find out. I'm going to work on an update now.

It's a short walk he said! It'll only take 10 minutes he said! He needs to check his watch!

In order to get to our next stop for the day, we needed to take a bus and we had decided to take one to Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk.

If you read my 2014 trip report, you may remember the bus ride to Disney's Boardwalk fiasco. Nearly 2 hours just to get to the Boardwalk from Disney Springs. That was the most frustrating ride EVER! To top it off, we went to the Boardwalk to see all of the evening entertainment only to find that there was none. Not a single entertainer. Not a single musician. Not a single.....nothing. We may have spent fifteen minutes there before we turned around and went back to the bus stop. It was a total waste of time.

Today, however, we were traveling to this area during the day which we hoped meant that there would not be a repeat of the two hour bus ride. The wait for the bus was a little long but we always expect long waits at Disney Springs so it wasn't a surprise. We got off at the Boardwalk and I started a picture tour. It really is a beautiful resort!

DSCF1195 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1197 (768x1024).jpg

Down the steps to the boardwalk area:

DSCF1198 (1024x768).jpg

The lanscaping/pot plants were gorgeous:

DSCF1199 (768x1024).jpg

Looking back from where we came:

DSCF1200 (768x1024).jpg

This sitting area was off to one side. Kind of boring looking.
DSCF1201 (768x1024).jpg

One of the stores along the boardwalk:

DSCF1202 (768x1024).jpg

I knew not to expect any entertainment out in the middle of the day but I expected it to be a busier. There were hardly any people out:

DSCF1203 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1204 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1205 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

It's a short walk he said! It'll only take 10 minutes he said! He needs to check his watch!

We thought about taking a boat to our destination but the boat that was there wasn't heading going there so we chose to look for the pathway that would lead us there.

DSCF1206 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1207 (768x1024).jpg

I popped into the store to ask where the pathway was and after getting the directions off we went. Past Leaping Horse Libations:
DSCF1208 (768x1024).jpg

and Luna Pool

DSCF1209 (768x1024).jpg

and the tennis courts:
IMG_0433 (1024x768).jpg

There's the Swan Hotel on the other side of the waterway.

DSCF1210 (1024x768).jpg

The scenery and lack of folks around made for picture backdrop. I set the timer on my camera and took the two following pictures.

DSCF1211 (1024x768).jpg

Had to take the second one because John wasn't smiling which is normal for him but still.....The second one looked a little bettetr but John looks like his neck shrunk down into his shoulders but it was getting hot and we were ready to get to steppin' again.

DSCF1212 (1024x768).jpg

It's a short walk he said! It'll only take 10 minutes he said! He needs to check his watch! That's what we were muttering under our breaths, actually not under our breaths, but outload. It was getting hot out and this walk was not a 10 minute walk. John got a phone call from Lacey so he talked and walked:

DSCF1214 (768x1024).jpg

while Hunter gazed at the site before him.
DSCF1213 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Sweatin' up some shear fun!

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and for your prayers! My aunt passed away just hours after they removed her from life support. The funeral services were this weekend and it was a celebration of her life. Lots of fast paced gospel music and stories shared. We will miss her dearly but we also know where she is now and we will all see her again some day.

I am so sorry to hear, but what a great way to celebrate her life!

Nice pictures around the Boardwalk resort. Even though it is "just across the pond" I haven't spent much time there.

I have done the walk between HS and the Beach Club though. Never in that direction- always from HS to BC. I would say that walk is about 20-25 minutes. We have raced the boat just as it arrives at the HS dock and we won both times.
Just barely though!

I like the picture of the 3 of you in front of the Swan- you match- all wearing some maroon.

::yes::

I hear you on that walk. I decided we would walk from DHS to Yacht Club for our lunch ADR last April. There is NO shade on that walk, it was hot as blazes and for the first time ever, I became ill from the heat. And I'm sure it took us a good thirty minutes.

We were there the same time mostly as your family last summer and we found the Boardwalk to be almost completely empty too! Even the restaurants we stopped in, save for dinner Trattoria al Forno (highly recommended btw). We didn't spend as much time as usual there either since it was so desolate.

Playing catch up today around the DIS. Got yours all done just in time before you head back!

Oh and so sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing.

My aunt passed away just hours after they removed her from life support.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Lisa. Prayers for your family.

I say "down day" but y'all know that I can't schedule a complete day of doing nothing. So, maybe I should start calling them "sleep in for a little bitty while before we head out for the rest of the day" day.

Sounds about right! It's Disney! You can sleep when you're dead!

I could never ever get the hang of it and ended up with a toy that had a body and one leg.

So you made one of Sid's toys. :rotfl2:

I knew not to expect any entertainment out in the middle of the day but I expected it to be a busier. There were hardly any people out:

Wow, that really is a ghost town.

In Florida heat, every walk seems much longer!

Nice pictures around the Boardwalk resort. Even though it is "just across the pond" I haven't spent much time there.

I have done the walk between HS and the Beach Club though. Never in that direction- always from HS to BC. I would say that walk is about 20-25 minutes. We have raced the boat just as it arrives at the HS dock and we won both times.
Just barely though!

I like the picture of the 3 of you in front of the Swan- you match- all wearing some maroon.

::yes::

The walk was much longer than what the cast member told us. If it hadn't been so hot, I wouldn't have minded the walk at all.

I hear you on that walk. I decided we would walk from DHS to Yacht Club for our lunch ADR last April. There is NO shade on that walk, it was hot as blazes and for the first time ever, I became ill from the heat. And I'm sure it took us a good thirty minutes.

You are right! There is hardly any shade on the walk. I think that there was one spot that had a wee bit of shade.

We were there the same time mostly as your family last summer and we found the Boardwalk to be almost completely empty too! Even the restaurants we stopped in, save for dinner Trattoria al Forno (highly recommended btw). We didn't spend as much time as usual there either since it was so desolate.

Isn't it crazy how empty the Boardwalk was!?! I thought that it would be busier than what it was.

Playing catch up today around the DIS. Got yours all done just in time before you head back!

Oh and so sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing.

Hey Mrs. Catch-Up1 I've been doing a lot of that lately too.

Thanks for the condolences.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Lisa. Prayers for your family.

Thank you!

Sounds about right! It's Disney! You can sleep when you're dead!

and, I want to be cremated and scattered all around WDW so if my wish is granted, I'll be sleeping/dead there too.

So you made one of Sid's toys. :rotfl2:

:teeth:

Wow, that really is a ghost town.

I know!

In Florida heat, every walk seems much longer!

It really does make a walk seem much much longer than usual.

Finally caught up!
First of all, I'm so sorry about your aunt. Sending a big hug to your sweet Mama. :hug:

I'm so glad your Trip Reports "last a long" time LOL! I can count on reading something all year round with Lisa! You'll be back there soon.
I had to laugh...I have shown my husband where to read your report on the computer so he can follow along too. (Both of us have since the tooth incident)
The other day he said something was wrong with the computer, it wouldn't let him continue with the report. Quoting him "Yeah, I haven't gotten to the part when her daughter shows up"
I chuckled...."That's because she hasn't written that part yet!":rotfl:

Glad that you had fun at the water park. You got to do a lot. Probably never get there, hubby NOT a water person.
Really enjoy that you take so many pictures of everything. There are so many new things since we were there last time that I feel informed by you. Disney Spring will be fun to explore.

Very fancy laundry set up.
We probably will be trying it since we will be there 10 days.
I really never asked my daughter but I know I read some where that her dorm had something similar.

FYI, we shorten our trip a few days and while on the phone I put in our request for Jamaica since that's where Lisa likes to stay!

Don't know if I'll have the chance again, so I will say :
Congrats to Hunter! Hope he enjoys his Big Day!
Also have a great time at Disney! I know you didn't do a PTR but hope you give us a little hint on what's happening this year.

Finally caught up!
First of all, I'm so sorry about your aunt. Sending a big hug to your sweet Mama. :hug:

Thank you!

I'm so glad your Trip Reports "last a long" time LOL! I can count on reading something all year round with Lisa! You'll be back there soon.
I had to laugh...I have shown my husband where to read your report on the computer so he can follow along too. (Both of us have since the tooth incident)
The other day he said something was wrong with the computer, it wouldn't let him continue with the report. Quoting him "Yeah, I haven't gotten to the part when her daughter shows up"
I chuckled...."That's because she hasn't written that part yet!":rotfl:

If I would just stop going back and correcting myself or put in so much detail, I would probably be to that point already.

Glad that you had fun at the water park. You got to do a lot. Probably never get there, hubby NOT a water person.

I'm not a big water person either but I love the water parks at Disney.

Really enjoy that you take so many pictures of everything. There are so many new things since we were there last time that I feel informed by you. Disney Spring will be fun to explore.

i'm so excited to see what Disney Springs looks like when we are there this weekend.

Very fancy laundry set up.
We probably will be trying it since we will be there 10 days.
I really never asked my daughter but I know I read some where that her dorm had something similar.

Aren't the laundry rooms all fancy smancy? I love having the ability to watch the progress and not having to just sit there waiting on it.

FYI, we shorten our trip a few days and while on the phone I put in our request for Jamaica since that's where Lisa likes to stay!

We love Jamaica!

Don't know if I'll have the chance again, so I will say :
Congrats to Hunter! Hope he enjoys his Big Day!
Also have a great time at Disney! I know you didn't do a PTR but hope you give us a little hint on what's happening this year.

Thank you! I'm so ready to go go go!

Sweatin' up some shear fun!

After that "10 minute" walk, we finally reached our destination: Hollywood Studios! This pretty little garden area with Frozen topiaries was so cute:

DSCF1215 (1024x768) - Copy.jpg

DSCF1216 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1217 (768x1024).jpg

Our first stop for the day was the Animation Building:

DSCF1221 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

It was busy! I'm talking wall to wall folks so we just watched the short video Mushu video (one of John's favorites...'cause he likes Eddie Murphy and corny jokes), walked around to see how long the wait for the animation class was (would have had to sit through two sessions and might have gotten in on the third) and then left.

As soon as we walked out, we heard music. Sweet sweet music! There was music everywhere! Well, not everywhere so we followed the sound and ended up catching a perfomance of Mulch, Sweat & Shears! We love love love them! I've been chosen twice to perform with them and, despite the fact that I have no dancing, singing or musical abilities, I gave it my all.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At the time of our visit, we had no idea that Mulch, Sweat & Shears would be cut from the Hollywood Studios entertainment line-up. Had I known, I'd have made sure that we caught more than just the one performance.

DSCF1223 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1224 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1225 (1024x768).jpg

Unfortunately, we had to leave before the show ended because we had Fastpasses that we needed to get to. Hunter wasn't sure if he would be riding with us so he thought about it while we walked to Rock 'n Roller Coaster. He likes everything about the coaster except for the take-off. He hates that part so he decided to just browse the store while John and I rode.

DSCF1226 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1227 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

We have to be really careful with what John rides/watches because of his epilepsy but Rock 'n Roller Coaster has never caused any problems for him. We both love it and would have turned right back around and ridden it again had the long line not been prohibitive. Instead, we walked the corridor outside and I stopped to take this picture.

DSCF1228 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1229 (768x1024).jpg

You can't see it well from the angle of this picture but there's at least one hidden Mickey on Steven Tyler in this huge billboard. Look for it next trip!

DSCF1230 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1231 (768x1024).jpg

As I did in Epcot, I was on a mission to take as many pictures as I could for the website that I write for so as we were walking, I snapped pics. Look, this menu has legs! Four of 'em!
DSCF1232 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1233 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1234 (768x1024).jpg

Did you know that there are Braille signs in each of the theme parks? Hunter wanted to stop and "feel".

DSCF1235 (768x1024).jpg

We walked by the Great Movie Ride:

DSCF1236 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1237 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

I usually try to book our Fastpasses in the same area but, in order to get the Rock 'n Roller Coaster FP, I had to take what was available. So, we basically just walked in a full circle so that we could use our next Fastpass. We were going to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Yeah, not a big hit with most guys but mine don't mind. Have you ever noticed this weird mer-monkey in the holding room?
P5280365 (1024x768).jpg

Other themed items:
P5280366 (768x1024).jpg

P5280364 (768x1024).jpg

We were let in right as one show started so we were the first ones in the holding room. But it filled up quickly and we were beside two crying kids, both in the same family. One was a child about 5 or so and the other was an infant. The parents did nothing but bounce little infant and didn't even pay much attention to the other child. They just let them both cry and cry and cry until they were all sweaty and you could tell miserable. Had it been me, I'd have tried to calm them and if they didn't settle down, I'd have left. No need to let them cry like that. I've never understood that style of parenting. After what seemed like forever, the doors opened and we were let into the cool room. Thankfully, the family with the two crying children didnt' sit next to us and we were able to enjoy the show.

**Up next: Where's the key? Did someone vacuumuppet?

Where's the key? Did someone vacuumuppet?

After Voyage of the Little Mermaid, we ventured over to what is soon to be (or maybe already is) called Muppet's Courtyard. We have always lucked up when it comes to the wait time for MuppetVision3D and this time was no different.

DSCF1255 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1256 (768x1024).jpg

We walked right in but, first, Hunter had to stop to see if the key was under the mat or if someone had vacuumuppet. Nope it was there!

DSCF1257 (768x1024).jpg

Our walk down the hallway towards the pre-show area.
DSCF1258 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1259 (768x1024).jpg

If you've never really looked around in the pre-show area, you should! Pay particular attention to the labels/writing on the props too.

DSCF1260 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1261 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1262 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1263 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1267 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Where's the key? Did someone vacuumuppet?

DSCF1265 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1268 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1269 (768x1024).jpg

Once the theater doors opened, we found a seat towards the front and near the center of the theater. You can see in the picture that the theater wasn't full and the cast member actually said to choose a seat (and didn't say "move all the way across the theater to make room for other guests").

DSCF1271 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1272 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1273 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1274 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1275 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1276 (1024x768).jpg

I just love MuppetVision3D no matter how many times I've seen it in the past!

**Up next: They really should fire that guy! Just look at that mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter