Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's never easy to see people go through things like that.

Lisa, thinking of your aunt, your mama and your family.

Hugs to everyone and wishing you all peace.

:grouphug:

Wow, your meal at Rainforest looked awesome!!! And huge!!!

We haven't eaten at the one(s) at Disney, but there was one here in Massachusetts that we took Nate to on his birthday one year. I think it just closed its doors, though!

I know you usually enjoy T-Rex. Was this instead of your annual visit with the dinos?

I also know that you get the appetizer sampler there, too. Is one better than the other or do you like them just the same? So are you able to order that instead of an entrée on the dining plan? Sounds like they are very flexible there.

::yes::

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family :hug:

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's never easy to see people go through things like that.

Praying for you and your family, especially your sweet mama.

Prayers for your family Lisa.......

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Thoughts and Prayers for your family.

Lisa, thinking of your aunt, your mama and your family.

Hugs to everyone and wishing you all peace.

:grouphug:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! They are very very much appreciated.

Wow, your meal at Rainforest looked awesome!!! And huge!!!

We haven't eaten at the one(s) at Disney, but there was one here in Massachusetts that we took Nate to on his birthday one year. I think it just closed its doors, though!

I know you usually enjoy T-Rex. Was this instead of your annual visit with the dinos?

I also know that you get the appetizer sampler there, too. Is one better than the other or do you like them just the same? So are you able to order that instead of an entrée on the dining plan? Sounds like they are very flexible there.

::yes::

We chose to eat at Rainforest Cafe beause it had been quite some time since we'd been there. Our meals did NOT disappoint. They were all so good.

Yes, you can order the sampler plate as an entree with the Disney Dining Plan even though it says that it can feed up to four people. The bruschetta was soooooo good!

I think I'm all caught up!

One of these days I will try Olivia's out. It always gets good reviews here on the boards. I just never seem to be over that way to make it convenient.

It does take a little bit of extra time to get over to Olivia's but it is well worth it.

Looks like a great day at Typhoon Lagoon. I love it there! I think my daughter and i could do the Crush 'n Gusher all day without getting tired.

We had so much fun on Crush 'n Gusher and could have done it all day long too!

The photos of the Co-Op reminded me that I badly wanted one of those wooden Big Thunder Mountain signs for my future Man Cave. Unfortunately I think they sold out of them.
:sad1:

I loved that one too! It would look great hanging in my living room.

I'm finally caught up with your report, and I'm loving it! So much fun!

Your family will be in our prayers.

Yay for being caught up! Thanks for the prayers!

prayers being sent to your family

Thank you!

I'm so sorry about your aunt, definitely praying for the family.:hug:

Your Typhoon Lagoon post is making me super excited for our day there!

We love Rainforest Cafe too! We've eaten at the ones in Disneyland, AK and DTD in WDW dozens upon dozens of times and always had great meals!

Just love all your pictures and details!

Thank you!

Rainforest Cafe is a favorite and I'm so glad that I was able to snag an ADR.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and for your prayers! My aunt passed away just hours after they removed her from life support. The funeral services were this weekend and it was a celebration of her life. Lots of fast paced gospel music and stories shared. We will miss her dearly but we also know where she is now and we will all see her again some day.

I will work on a trip report update during my lunch hour and get it posted soon but wanted to thank you all for your support. I love my DIS friends!

So sorry Lisa, but yes she is definitely in a better place and yes you will see her again.:littleangel:

Looking forward to the next update!

Prayers coming your way for your family Lisa. Was at WDW last week, so I am just seeing this.

Lisa, my condolences to you and your loved ones. I will continue to keep everyone in my prayers.

So sorry Lisa, but yes she is definitely in a better place and yes you will see her again.:littleangel:

Looking forward to the next update!

Prayers coming your way for your family Lisa. Was at WDW last week, so I am just seeing this.

Thank you all so very much! Our family truly appreciates your thoughts and prayes!

Five Floors of Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun!

After a fun filled day at Typhoon Lagoon, some down time at the resort and an evening at Disney Springs, we were ready for a down day. I say "down day" but y'all know that I can't schedule a complete day of doing nothing. So, maybe I should start calling them "sleep in for a little bitty while before we head out for the rest of the day" day. Yeah, that sounds more like it. We slept until about 9:30 a.m. or so and then started taking turns in the shower. We were going to Disney Springs again and it was our hope to beat the crowds to our destination.

Disney Springs is pretty at night but it was nice to see it in the day time and before it got too crowded.

DSCF1176 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1177 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1178 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1179 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1181 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1182 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1183 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_0398 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1180 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Gosh, I just realized how out of order the pictures in the above post are. Geeze!

We made it to the other side of Disney Springs and to our destination. We were going to Disney Quest! Okay, so I added that ! reluctantly because I don't play any of the types of games that are at Disney Quest. I do enjoy the Pirates of the Caribbean virtual whatever it is called game. And, I like a game that's called something like Fast Finger where you gave a certain amount of time to get out of a maze using your finger to trace your path. But that's it. I'm not skilled at playing games at all. Hunter loves Disney Quest though and John could play Pac Man and the other 80s games forever so I was happy to go along with them. I'd just spend the majority of my time watching them play or taking pictures.

I gave this game a shot and totally sucked at it.
DSCF1185 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1187 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1186 (768x1024).jpg

I played a few things and then wandered around taking pictures. While I was wandering, John and Hunter played. Hunter hopped on a virtual pinball machine thing. You stand on what looks like huge joystick and maneuver it with your body. He did really really well and scored in the top three.

DSCF1189 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1190 (768x1024).jpg

More wandering around pictures:

DSCF1194 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0400 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0401 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0403 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

See how few people were around.

IMG_0402 (1024x768).jpg

I think that this was the submarine game that they were playing but I am not sure.

IMG_0404 (1024x768).jpg

Well, this is the submarine game so I'm not sure what the one up top was.

IMG_0405 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0407 (1024x768).jpg

P5280339 (768x1024).jpg

P5280340 (768x1024).jpg

P5280341 (768x1024).jpg

Looking at a Disney Quest map on the wall trying to decide what to do next:

IMG_0408 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter wanted to do the virtual Space Mountain but neither John nor I wanted any part of it so we waited near:
IMG_0411 (1024x768).jpg

Y'all, I felt like such a dumb bunny trying to figure out how to create a toy. I could never ever get the hang of it and ended up with a toy that had a body and one leg. It was pitiful. I may not be good at creating wacka doo looking toys but I can type real fast. That's my talent. Typing fast. Oh and surfing the web. Yeah, I'm good at that.

We found a spot to sit while waiting for Hunter. These were across from us and there were several people in the Song Maker booths.

IMG_0412 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

The area that we were in was the Create Zone and there was so much stuff for Guests to do.

P5280343 (1024x768).jpg

P5280344 (1024x768).jpg

We were in the Create Zone for quite some time and there was never a drawing class held while we were there. I'm not sure if they run on a certain schedule and we just happened to msis it or what.

P5280345 (768x1024).jpg

Once Hunter was done with the "totally awesome" Space Mountain that he created, he went into the Song Maker booths to create a song.

P5280347 (768x1024).jpg

There was no one sitting near Pinocchio so we moved over there and waited.

P5280349 (768x1024).jpg

The Living Easels were just across from us.

P5280350 (768x1024).jpg

By the time that Hunter was done, we were all ready to go. We had been there for almost three hours which was plenty long enough. Besides, we were going somewhere else on our "down day". Imagine that. :teeth:

**Up Next: It's a short walk he said! It'll only take 10 minutes he said! He needs to check his watch!

The title of your next post sounds like what I say in Disney...."I swear it's only a few minutes' walk! It'll be fast!" *20 minutes later...* At least we're fast walkers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter