Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Love Soarin'! We were lucky to go this past December and say our goodbyes, so I can't wait to go back and see the new version.:)

Love Soarin'! We were lucky to go this past December and say our goodbyes, so I can't wait to go back and see the new version.:)

I think it should be good Imax spent about a year testing various Laser projectors until they found one they were happy with for showing Imax Digital in its true glory. P{rcouls to thath they were using two regular digital projectors thath couldn't show colors as bright or black as Imax film projectors could. They actually used the first permanent Imax there here in Toronto to test them, it's currently closed well the Ontario government figures out what to do with the amusement park its part of.

You crack me up with the wring updates. I have done it at times too and wonder if I should go correct myself or not. LOL.
I did wonder how you changed the FP to Soarin as you had 3 others that day as well, and it just wasn't clicking.

Happy Birthday to Lacey! I hope they got the house debacle settled.

Me too! I am so excited to see it too!

I think it should be good Imax spent about a year testing various Laser projectors until they found one they were happy with for showing Imax Digital in its true glory. P{rcouls to thath they were using two regular digital projectors thath couldn't show colors as bright or black as Imax film projectors could. They actually used the first permanent Imax there here in Toronto to test them, it's currently closed well the Ontario government figures out what to do with the amusement park its part of.

You always have the coolest info!

You crack me up with the wring updates. I have done it at times too and wonder if I should go correct myself or not. LOL.
I did wonder how you changed the FP to Soarin as you had 3 others that day as well, and it just wasn't clicking.

Happy Birthday to Lacey! I hope they got the house debacle settled.

I was so screwed up on what we did and when. I could have just let it be but I wanted at least try and explain what had really happened.

Lacey and Jesse sign off on their house today!!!!!

Lisa we are staying at CSR! Maybe we can meet up, we are bound to be in the same park at least once!

I'm reworking some of our itinerary now but I'll post it here when I'm done with it. Maybe we will be able to cross paths at least once.

All caught up again! Hunter's yummy pizza and your monkey cupcake look SO good right now! The resort is gorgeous. I always feel like I'm right there when I'm looking at the pics. Too bad I'm not!

So they have a new version of Soarin? That's so exciting!

The resort is beautiful and I'm going to be there again before I know it!

What's happening with my camera?! Noooooooooo, not in the middle of vacation!

We spent a bit more time in World Showcase before making our way back to the front of the park. We had a dinner reservation at Olivia's Cafe at Disney's Old Key West Resort. In 2014, we had dined at Olivia's on the recommendation of several Dis friends and, after having wonderful meals and service, we knew that it was worthy of a repeat visit. We found the Old Key West bus stop and a bus pulled up, literally, within a minute of us getting in line. Well, I say line but we were the line. Not another soul in site for the Old Key West bus. Our driver was super nice and chatted with us all the way to the resort. I can't remember exactly where she was from but it was in Central America and she and her family had moved to Florida many years ago. She and her husband were both employed by Walt Disney World and they loved it.

Even though we had eaten there the year before, I couldn't remember which stop to get off at and she said that Olivia's was at the Hospitality House but it was one of the last stops (if not the last) and it would be easier to get off on the first stop and just walk so that's what we did. I love it when the bus drivers are personable and actually knowlegeable. She actually knew her stuff and didnt' tell "those" tales that are legendary with bus drivers.

We were a bit early for our reservation so they gave us a pager and told us that we were free to look around a bit. I did, as I always do, and took pictures of everything that I could think of in the store.

DSCF1109 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1110 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1112 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1113 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1111 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1114 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1115 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1116 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1117 (768x1024).jpg

They sold pool noodles here too.

DSCF1118 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

DSCF1119 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1120 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1121 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1122 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1124 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1123 (768x1024).jpg

I had just enough time to take the pictures and take a bathroom break before our pager went off. There were two other families in front of us in line and then we were shown to our table in the furthest area of the dining room. We were seated in the corner of the room and there were pictures of DVC families hanging all over the walls.

DSCF1125 (768x1024).jpg

Our server came right after we were seated, gave us menus and took our drink orders. After he was gone, I took this next picture and noticed that my flash didn't go off. I thought oh well, maybe it isn't quite dark enough in the room for the automatic flash to go off. Hum?

DSCF1126 (768x1024).jpg

But when I took pictures of the menu, it was fine.

DSCF1127 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1128 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

And the camera was semi-fine when I took a picture of the room to our left. The flash was delayed.

DSCF1130 (768x1024).jpg

The picture above was my view. This was John and Hunter's view. Well, not of me but outdoors.

DSCF1131 (1024x768).jpg

Our server brought out a loaf of their bread which is really similar to that served at Ohana. To me, it has a slightly different taste but it is still so very good. Hey, wait a minute, the flash didn't work.

DSCF1132 (768x1024).jpg

Let's try that again. Okay, that's better.

DSCF1133 (768x1024).jpg

John and Hunter are bread eaters. They could eat a loaf all by themselves. Our server noticed that it was almost gone and brought out another loaf and, not long after that, out came our entrees. Now everybody that travels with me knows...you dont' eat the food until pictures are taken. John had ordered the catch of the day which was some sort of whitefish with Fresh Spinach, Roasted Fennel, and Fingerling Potatoes tossed in a Bacon Vinaigrette topped with Tomato Jam.

DSCF1134 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1135 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1136 (1024x768).jpg
Yes, I did take three pictures of the same darn thing because I was trying to see what the heck was up with my camera. Why wouldn't the flash work? I was about to have a conniption fit. This could not be happening during our vacation. Could. Not. Be. Happening. But, oh it was. This was Hunter's New York Strip Steak with a doulbe side of fries and glaze on the side.

DSCF1137 (1024x768).jpg

And my shrimp and grits which, alas, are no longer on the menu:

DSCF1138 (768x1024).jpg

Because I am stubborn, I tried again.

DSCF1139 (768x1024).jpg

Noooooooooo, not in the middle of vacation!

**Continued in next post

Thank goodness I always bring along another camera and/or we have our phones with which to take pictures.

IMG_0366 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

Oops, this was is blurry.

IMG_0367 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0368 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

Everything was so delicious! Absolutely delicious! I say everything but John left some of the greens on his plate. That wasn't the chef's fault. John just doesn't like greens with stems. Oh look, the flash worked on the "good" camera.

DSCF1145 (768x1024).jpg

Let's take some pictures while the "good" camera is working and while we are waiting on our desserts.

DSCF1156 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1162 (1024x768).jpg

Seriously? Again, I'm glad that I have another means of taking pictures. While John was fiddling around with the camera trying to figure out what was wrong with it, our server brought out the dessert menu and I took pictures with the backup camera.

IMG_0369 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

We finally gave up trying to fix the camera and I just tossed it in my purse. The backup camera would have to suffice. My dessert choice was the marscapone cheesecake with "seasonal" fruit. I would have thought that I would get something more "seasonal" than sliced apples.

IMG_0370 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

John ordered the banana bread pudding sundae.

IMG_0371 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

Hunter was going to skip dessert but the server insisted and he brought out a make your own sundae type thing for him.

IMG_0372 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Last edited:

By the time we were done with our desserts, we were stuffed. I'm talking stuffed to the point that we were almost waddling out of the restaurant. Our plan was to go to Downtown Disney (which it was still called at the time) via the boat transportation but it wasn't running so we turned around and went to the bus stop instead. But not before I took some pictures outside of Olivia's.

P5260192 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

P5260193 (768x1024) (768x1024).jpg

P5260194 (768x1024) (768x1024).jpg

P5260195 (768x1024) (768x1024).jpg

P5260196 (768x1024) (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

The food looked absolutely delicious! I hope you got the camera fixed. Why can't it stop working at home when you're just taking a picture of a flower or something but not in the middle of vacation. Good for you for having a back up.

You always have the coolest info!

you're welcome. Alos if anyone has watched any of the media interviews with Imagineer about Sorin' over the world they pretty much confirm they have updated to Laser projectors. Also if you saw Star Wars in an Imax theater it's highly likely you saw it with one too as Imax upgrade most of the Imax there in the US and Canada with them sometime last year.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Life has been a bit of a booger but seems to be settling down lol. Yay on Lacey and Jesse getting their house and boo on the storms y'all have been getting. They seem to form just east of us and hit y'all. :sad2: can't wait to read more about your family antics. :surfweb:

The food looked really good...too bad that shrimp isn't on the menu anymore because that is totally what I would have ordered!! The fries looked good too..I like thin fries! Sorry about your camera...

I just read up on the rest of your CBR stroll. I have a friend staying there in October/November, so I am going to send her the links to these updates. I already sent her the link to the FAQ.

We had a caricature of Nate done in 2008. I love it! May have to haul it out as part of his graduation celebrations.

Congrats to Hunter, BTW

party:

P8170405 - Copy.JPG

P8170406.JPG

Wow! Your meal at Olivias looked A-MAY-ZING! (Even in the dark) ;)

I have been making Shrimp and Grits and my family loves it. I'll share my recipe if you'll share yours. I'm sure yours is much better and authentic!

I would also love John's fish entrée. YUM!!!

I am so glad you travel with a backup camera. I do too. It doesn't always help...

So which camera is it that is dying (died) and which is the backup? The Fuji? The Olympus? Something else?

:scared1:

We ate at Olivia's in November and it was one of the best meals we had all week! I think we sat at the same table!!!

Isn't Olivia's fantastic! I so wanted to go back there this trip but we ended up dropping the majority of our table service meals so that we could have a more "go with the flow" kind of trip.

The food looked absolutely delicious! I hope you got the camera fixed. Why can't it stop working at home when you're just taking a picture of a flower or something but not in the middle of vacation. Good for you for having a back up.

I know! I wish that the camera had started to die while at home and not on our trip.

you're welcome. Alos if anyone has watched any of the media interviews with Imagineer about Sorin' over the world they pretty much confirm they have updated to Laser projectors. Also if you saw Star Wars in an Imax theater it's highly likely you saw it with one too as Imax upgrade most of the Imax there in the US and Canada with them sometime last year.

Cool!

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Life has been a bit of a booger but seems to be settling down lol. Yay on Lacey and Jesse getting their house and boo on the storms y'all have been getting. They seem to form just east of us and hit y'all. :sad2: can't wait to read more about your family antics. :surfweb:

I know the life crap taking over our DIS time. What is it thinking?

The food looked really good...too bad that shrimp isn't on the menu anymore because that is totally what I would have ordered!! The fries looked good too..I like thin fries! Sorry about your camera...

I would love to have some of those delicious shrimp and grits right now!

My DH surprised me today by telling me he was sending me to Disney in October. :love2: I love that man! My daughter proceeds to tell me, "Mom! You've never planned a trip in that little time before!" Holy cow she's right my 180 day mark is already past! But I'm going to Olivia's if at all possible lol

My DH surprised me today by telling me he was sending me to Disney in October. :love2: I love that man! My daughter proceeds to tell me, "Mom! You've never planned a trip in that little time before!" Holy cow she's right my 180 day mark is already past! But I'm going to Olivia's if at all possible lol

You lucky girl! What a fantastic surprise! Good luck with getting your ADRs. I switched around a ton of our's just yesterday and was able to get everything that I wanted.

I just read up on the rest of your CBR stroll. I have a friend staying there in October/November, so I am going to send her the links to these updates. I already sent her the link to the FAQ.

As I always say....if anybody can understand my need to take pictures of every single thing at the resort, it's Dee.

We had a caricature of Nate done in 2008. I love it! May have to haul it out as part of his graduation celebrations.

Congrats to Hunter, BTW

party:

View attachment 164651

Very cool idea to take out the caricature! I hadn't thought of that.

View attachment 164650

Wow! Your meal at Olivias looked A-MAY-ZING! (Even in the dark) ;)

I have been making Shrimp and Grits and my family loves it. I'll share my recipe if you'll share yours. I'm sure yours is much better and authentic!

I would also love John's fish entrée. YUM!!!

I am so glad you travel with a backup camera. I do too. It doesn't always help...

So which camera is it that is dying (died) and which is the backup? The Fuji? The Olympus? Something else?

:scared1:

Ahhhh, shrimp and grits! You know what? I hardly ever make them myself and only get them when we eat out.

It was my "good" camera that is several years old. But the waterproof Olympus or is it a Fuji that I bought upon your recommendation is still kicking and I love it! As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to buy a new camera this year and rely on it and the older backup camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter