Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

I was always afraid of the size of CBR, too until you and Ariana assured me it was roughly the same size as POR. That is actually what made us decide to go ahead and give it a try... 173 days and counting....

Yes, I know that people stake out spots an hour or more before show time but we were busy dining on some delicioso pizza and pasta, cut us some slack.

I can't blame you there. I hate having to stand still for an hour just to see fireworks.

I can only rest for so long and then I feel restless and need to do something.

Me too! Not good at sitting around at all.

Thanks for the photo tour of CBR! Never stayed there, but it looks very inviting!

Mostly caught up again but I was wondering if I missed a post about a possible upcoming 2016 trip... I could still kick myself for not getting a quick pic with you when I passed by when you were in line for the Dessert Party (2014 I think). We'll be doing our first split stay 5/14 - 5/23

Great Photos!! Any chance you could take a pic of the tag on the mattress that shows the brand and model on it? The beds were fantastic when we stayed and I forgot to check myself.

I am sorry but I didn't. The beds are great!

Great pictures of Illuminations!!!

There is one picture that you uploaded and didn't attach to your post. Love that one, too.

But I especially love the ones of the Illuminations globe, great closeups!

I'm actually surprised that any of the pictures came out good enough to post. I was trying to stay still but the person in front of me was constantly moving and I was having to step out of his way or get stepped on.

And speaking of globes, the pictures you have of Spaceship Earth are gorgeous!!! I love it all lit up like that.

I love taking pictures of Spaceship Earth at night!

I read your locker article and it made me smile. I always take pictures of the luggage lockers in Hollywood Studios because I think they are the best bargain in Disney. They are huge, and only cost $1. But they are outside of the park and only single use, but they have come in handy for us more than once.

:goodvibes

I wish that I had thought to mention those lockers when I wrote the article. But you commented so readers now know.

As you know, I totally understand and appreciate your resort strolls. Best way to get and distribute information to people is through photos. Like you said, it can sometimes be tough because you don't want to inconvenience others or creep people out. And my family rolls their eyes, but I can't even count the number of times a picture I have taken, or a trip I have timed, has helped someone.

::yes::

I always always think of you when I take the detailed pictures because I know that you do the same thing.

I last stayed at CBR in 2006 and absolutely loved it. I found it so relaxing! Love reliving that through your photos.

I love the resort and am ready to go back myself.

Love your photos. Just the other day I watched the video posted on the CBR thread touring pretty much the whole grounds. I'm more excited than ever for our visit this fall!!
I have some videos of the resort on my youtube channel. I'm Mickeystoontown on You tube too.

Your pics of CBR are lovely. You make me willing to consider it if there is a future trip.

The resort is gorgous!

Gorgeous resort!

Thank you!

I was always afraid of the size of CBR, too until you and Ariana assured me it was roughly the same size as POR. That is actually what made us decide to go ahead and give it a try... 173 days and counting....

Seriously, Connie, the size is not bad at all. Most guests don't ever walk the whole thing like I do.

I can't blame you there. I hate having to stand still for an hour just to see fireworks.

Waiting isn't my strong point.

Me too! Not good at sitting around at all.

I can only sit still for so long.

Thanks for the photo tour of CBR! Never stayed there, but it looks very inviting!

It is!

Mostly caught up again but I was wondering if I missed a post about a possible upcoming 2016 trip... I could still kick myself for not getting a quick pic with you when I passed by when you were in line for the Dessert Party (2014 I think). We'll be doing our first split stay 5/14 - 5/23

Our 2016 trip is May 28th through June 11th. We decided to do a split stay with the first half being at Pop and the other being at the CBR. We will juuuuuust miss each other. I wish that we had thought to take a picture too! It was so nice to meet ya'll.

I stayed there then too. I think I might even stay there again if I ever get back to WDW

I hope that it is sooner rather than later.

Oooh, eeeh, ooh, ahh, ahh, I feel like a monkey today

When I returned to the room, no one was there. I turned and looked down at the beach and saw someone lying in a beach chair but I was too far away to see if it were John. I started walking back and saw that it was John doing one of his favorite things....relaxing on the beach chairs at the resort. I realized that he was almost asleep so I left him there and walked over to the quiet pool to see Hunter swimming with some of the other teenagers. When he saw me, he got out and said that he was starving 'cause we all know that swimming makes you hungry. We woke John and he said that he could eat something too so we set off for Old Port Royale. We split up and started looking at the various menus to see what we wanted. Hunter, of course, went to the pizza and pasta station. For his dessert, he walked over to the Grab N Go Station and got a chocolate cupcake with white icing.

DSCF1029 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1030 (1024x768).jpg

John ordered the pulled pork sandwich with slaw on top and housemade chips.
DSCF1033 (1024x768).jpg

He also went to the Grab N Go station and picked up one of the pastries. I believe that this was a passion fruit pastry.

DSCF1032 (1024x768).jpg

I ended up at that same station as Hunter because I wanted one of their awesome fresh tossed chicken caesar salads. I could eat this salad every single day.

DSCF1042 (768x1024).jpg

There was no doubt what I wanted as my dessert. Oooh, eeeh, ooh, ahh, ahh, I feel like a monkey today! I got one of the awesome Monkey Cupcakes from the Grab N Go station.
DSCF1043 (768x1024).jpg

While John was getting condiments for his sandwich and I was filling up the mugs, Hunter was in charge of taking pictures of the food. And apparently he was feeling like monkey too because this showed up on my camera roll.
DSCF1041 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Let's see if I can get this right THIS time!

Attachments

• DSCF1035 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF1035 (1024x768).jpg
    465 KB · Views: 6

I really need to schedule a day to just take in the resort but I'm like you I can't just sit around while on vacation I have to be on the move doing something .

I really need to schedule a day to just take in the resort but I'm like you I can't just sit around while on vacation I have to be on the move doing something .

I know! You could always do like I do and schedule an off day for the morning but then go somewhere that evening.

Let's see if I can get this right THIS time!

Okay, so we all know that a few updates back, I had trouble remembering what we did and when we did it. I finally reorganized the pictures that were lost in the 2016 computer crash and recreated what we really did. Had I been paying attention, I would have noticed that, unless Hunter did a quick changeroo of his clothes, he was dressed differently in two separate updates.

First picture:

DSCF0922 (768x1024).jpg

Second picture:

DSCF1045 (768x1024).jpg

Or actually, the second picture was posted BEFORE the first picture so see....And you can tell in the second picture that he looked a little sunburned. That's because he had been for a swim at the resort. So, this is what really happened. The first Epcot day was just as I said with the exception of going to Soarin' and seeing the lumberjack show. On our "off/resort" day, we stayed at the resort until about 2:00 p.m. or so and then went to Epcot for a while. Thaaaaaaaaat's when we saw the lumberjack show first. Instead of retelling the tale of the show, I'll simply post pictures of the links to that installment.

Axe-ually we didn't go straight to France!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ju...towns-home-3-28.3464259/page-17#post-55289811
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ju...towns-home-3-28.3464259/page-17#post-55289908
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ju...towns-home-3-28.3464259/page-17#post-55290011
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ju...towns-home-3-28.3464259/page-17#post-55290057

Now, after seeing watching the lumberjacks throw and axe, saw through a chunk of wood and dance on the logs, we walked on over to France to see Impressions de France a/k/a De La Snore for many. Thankfully, John had already taken a pretty good nap on the lounge chairs on the beach so he was awake for the whole presentation.
DSCF1096 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1088 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1089 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1090 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1091 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1092 (768x1024).jpg

I actually like the film. If you really concentrate, you almost feel as if you are moving along with the scenery. We walked out and into the store and I took a few pictures of the merchandise for sale. Every time I see a beret, I think of European Vacation.
DSCF1094 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1095 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: But I'm scared of heights! Up up and away!!!!!

But I'm scared of heights! Up up and away!!!!!

Another tidbit that should have made me go 'um was when I posted that I must have changed our Soarin' Fastpass. That wouldn't even have been possible because, at Epcot, there's a tiered system and you can't have both a Soarin' and a Test Track fastpass. Oh I am so dim witted sometimes. But, let's not talk about that any more. I mean it! Stop agreeing with me on the dimwit comment. TODAY we had a Fastpass for Soarin' and we were going to use it. We had to move towards the front of the park anyway because we were leaving soon. On our walk, we saw the monorail going over Future World.

DSCF1097 (768x1024).jpg

We arrived at The Land pavilion, made our way downstairs and to the Soarin' queue where we scanned our Magic Bands and went right on it.

DSCF1098 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1101 (1024x768).jpg

As I said before, I'm scared of heights but I love Soarin'. When the handglider starts to go over the mountain tops, I turn my head to the side for a second or two and them I am fine.

DSCF1102 (1024x768).jpg

We were assigned to row three which meant that we'd have feet dangling above us but it would be fine. And we were in Concourse C.

DSCF1103 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1104 (1024x768).jpg

After watching the short film and given the instructions to put all items, including Mickey ears, in the compartments, we were allowed to go in and board our handglider.
DSCF1105 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1106 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1107 (1024x768).jpg

Ahhhh, I love Soarin! I can hardly wait to see the new version!

**Up next: What's happening with my camera?! Noooooooooo, not in the middle of vacation!

Attachments

• DSCF1099 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF1099 (768x1024).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2
Okay, your comment about the tiered fp system not allowing you to have fp's for both soarin' and tt has me confused. I thought I had an understanding of how the system works, but clearly I do not. We have not had an on property visit since all that went into play, so I am a total newbie. I think I need to do some major reading up on that before our 60 mark somes to actually make the FP reservations!

Just got all caught up! Loving your trip report as always. So sorry about your floods and hail! But very happy Lacey and Jesse will close soon.

I am betting our dates cross, we will be in WDW May 25 to June 6th!

Well, thanks for clarifying things! Although I have to admit, I'm still not 100% sure on the timeline of events...but I think that's more my problem!

Okay, your comment about the tiered fp system not allowing you to have fp's for both soarin' and tt has me confused. I thought I had an understanding of how the system works, but clearly I do not. We have not had an on property visit since all that went into play, so I am a total newbie. I think I need to do some major reading up on that before our 60 mark somes to actually make the FP reservations!

When you go to make your Fastpasses at Epcot, you'll notice that there is a "tier". Some of the attractions are in one tier and some are in another which means that you can only choose one from the first tier and two from the second tier. If two big attractions are in the same tier, you must choose one over the other which is the case with Soarin' and Test Track. The same is true at Hollywood Studios. You can't choose Toy Story Mania AND Rock 'n Rollercoaster. I'm going to be making Fastpass selections this weekend and I'll try to remember to take screenshots to share with you.

But you told me you ALWAYS pack a backup camera!!!!!:rolleyes1

Oh I take three cameras with me during every trip! But I only had one on me at the time.

Just got all caught up! Loving your trip report as always. So sorry about your floods and hail! But very happy Lacey and Jesse will close soon.

I am betting our dates cross, we will be in WDW May 25 to June 6th!

Hey! Glad to see you! Our dates do cross! We'll be there May 28th to June 11th. Where are you staying?

I'm caught up again! Our dates are 6/4-6/10, maybe we'll see you somewhere :)

You gotta shout out at me if you see me!

:genie:

Well, thanks for clarifying things! Although I have to admit, I'm still not 100% sure on the timeline of events...but I think that's more my problem!

Oh I'm sure that it's not just you. I was still confused myself.

Lisa we are staying at CSR! Maybe we can meet up, we are bound to be in the same park at least once!

All caught up again! Hunter's yummy pizza and your monkey cupcake look SO good right now! The resort is gorgeous. I always feel like I'm right there when I'm looking at the pics. Too bad I'm not!

So they have a new version of Soarin? That's so exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter