Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Takin' a stroll and takin' it all in!

Again, my picture taking was an attempt to show the various views around Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Room 3424 and those on both sides had this view:

DSCF0985 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0989 (768x1024).jpg

There are tables and chairs to the left and the foliage is very pretty.

DSCF0986 (768x1024).jpg

Ice and vending machines are in each village:

DSCF0987 (768x1024).jpg

I made the loop around Trinidad South and took one last picture before taking the pathway to the right and towards Trinidad North:

DSCF0988 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0990 (768x1024).jpg

Guests staying in Trinidad South have two options of getting to Old Port Royale. One is take the Internal Shuttle bus. The other is to walk. It took me about 7 minutes to get from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale and that was walking at a slow pace and taking pictures. If you scroll up two pictures, you will see different pathways to the right. One of those pathways will take you underneath the bridge that I walked over to get to Triniad South. The other will take up over the road beside the bridge. Either way, the walk is about the same. I took the path over the road. By the way, this road is just an internal/resort road used by Guests, buses, cabs, etc. If the buses see Guests waiting to pass, they will stop and let them go. Guests? Cabs? Well, they sometimes aren't as kind but I wouldn't consider crossing this road dangerous at all. In the following picture, I had already crossed and was looking back at Trinidad South. You can see the marked path a wee bit to the right of the picture.

DSCF0991 (768x1024).jpg

Making my way to Trinidad North. You can see that the pathway here is quite shady.

DSCF0992 (768x1024).jpg

The Triniad North beach.

DSCF0993 (768x1024).jpg

Looking to my right at parts of Trinidad North.

DSCF0994 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Takin' a stroll and takin' it all in!

Some of the rooms in Trinidad North Building 31 face the lake and are considered a water view.

DSCF0995 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0996 (768x1024).jpg

There were several families milling around the village of Trinidad North and I didn't want to disturb them so I didn't take any pictures as I went further into the village. Instead, I just made the loop and headed towards Old Port Royale.

DSCF0997 (768x1024).jpg

Looking across at Jamaica:

DSCF0998 (1024x768).jpg

Disney's Caribbean Beach has two hot tubs with one of those being located on the backside of the main pool. Also on that side are lounge chairs, chairs and umbrella tables.

DSCF0999 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1001 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1002 (1024x768).jpg

I took this picture from the boardwalk/pathway side and it shows only a very small portion of the resort's main pool. You can see that there are lifevests available for Guests to use, lounge chairs and umbrellas as well.

DSCF1003 (1024x768).jpg

I continued on my merry way, turned the corner and saw Old Port Royale/Centertown. Again, there are lots of umbrellas tables and chairs. To the right of the picture below is the resort's pool bar. I'm looking at my pictures and I guess that I didn't take a picture of the bar. It may have been closed still and that's why I didn't take one.
DSCF1004 (768x1024).jpg

The kids' water play area is so cute and looks like a barrel of fun! See that barrel on the top of the pirate ship? When it fills, the bells ring and the water gets dumped on the kids below. They love it!

DSCF1005 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Where can I find? Oh there it is!

Last edited:
wow you got an awesome room this time round!! we just love Japan too...last year when the kids were in the Pokemon shop I veered left to the Saki place...I came back with a sample for hubby to try...this stuff was potent and you have to sip it...he thought I was handing him some fruit juice and threw the whole drink back...brought tears to his eyes and about burned his guts off hahaha that frozen ice with the milk on tops is yummy too. I actually found that same Saki back here in Houston so yay! Im thinking we will be at CBR same time as you possibly?? we are there from 6th to 13th June..if I see ya I will shout hi :)

Ohhhh, the pictures of my future home for a week!!! I am so ready to go!!! Last night we just looked through all our old Disney photo albums and reminisced. It was so much fun....but, oh how we miss it!

Despite the fireworks photos not turning out out did get some good up close ones of the globe!

I love your CBR pictures! I have never stayed there and this really gives me a good feel for the resort.

wow you got an awesome room this time round!! we just love Japan too...last year when the kids were in the Pokemon shop I veered left to the Saki place...I came back with a sample for hubby to try...this stuff was potent and you have to sip it...he thought I was handing him some fruit juice and threw the whole drink back...brought tears to his eyes and about burned his guts off hahaha that frozen ice with the milk on tops is yummy too. I actually found that same Saki back here in Houston so yay! Im thinking we will be at CBR same time as you possibly?? we are there from 6th to 13th June..if I see ya I will shout hi :)

I've never tried Saki and now I'm betting that I never will. :) Yep, our dates will overlap just by a bit. We check out on the 11th.

Ohhhh, the pictures of my future home for a week!!! I am so ready to go!!! Last night we just looked through all our old Disney photo albums and reminisced. It was so much fun....but, oh how we miss it!

Connie, I have more pictures coming right up!

Despite the fireworks photos not turning out out did get some good up close ones of the globe!

I love your CBR pictures! I have never stayed there and this really gives me a good feel for the resort.

The globe pictures did turn out pretty good. The others? Not so much.

We are heading there in June, and we're so excited!

Yay! I'm about to post more pictures of the resort. Just hold on a short while.

Where can I find? Oh there it is!

Just to remind you where I was headed next...Old Port Royale also known as Centertown. Themed as a bustling Caribbean marketplace complete with cobblestone streets, Old Port Royale boasts five food stations: Bridgetown Broiler, Grab-N-Go Market, Old Port Royale Burger Shop, Montego’s Deli and Royale’s Pizza and Pasta Shop.
DSCF1004 (768x1024).jpg

Ordering is quite easy, simply go to the station of your choice, order your food, take your items to a central cashier and then find a table in the large seating area. At Old Port Royale, you’ll dine to the sound of whirling woven fans and classic Calypso music. Here, you can sit back, relax, have a good meal and either plan your day in the park or talk about how many times you and your kids are going to go down the pool slide!
DSCF1009 (768x1024).jpg

The picture below shows only part of the seating. This is the left side (when standing near the food stations and looking towards the seating area) and there's more on the right side plus there are smaller alcove type seating areas. If you want your food to go, that's okay too. There are tops for the plates, bags and cup holders for Guests to use. Or, if you want to sit outdoors and enjoy your meal, take your tray outside and enjoy the view.

DSCF1008 (768x1024).jpg

If you are looking for a souvenir that will last a lifetime, stop by the caricature artist's desk.

DSCF1006 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1007 (768x1024).jpg

If you want to do some shopping, there are two stores in Old Port Royale. One is located just as you walk in
DSCF1014 (768x1024).jpg

and the other is off to the side which is where the following pictures were taken.

DSCF1010 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1011 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1012 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1013 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Last edited:

If the stores or food stations are busy, I don't like to take pictures as some, actually most, people aren't Diser's and don't seem to understand the need to capture every single thing with their camera. I try not to get in the other Guests' way or interrupt what they are doing. So, I must have turned around and gone into the arcade.

DSCF1015 (768x1024).jpg

Goombay Games, the resort’s arcade, has a fairly large selection of games for adults and kids of all ages. Just inside of Goombay Games are arcade card machines where Guests can purchase various denominations of cards and also recharge them should you wish to play more. The number of points required to play the games varies depending on the level of skill needed to play the game.

DSCF1016 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1017 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1018 (768x1024).jpg

I then stepped back out and into the store area closest to the food stations and took pictures of a few things. Pressed pennies are very budget friendly souvenirs and can be found in most resorts and in the four theme parks. A pressed penny machine can be found just outside of Goombay Games arcade in Old Port Royale. There are three different designs to choose from so bring plenty of pennies and quarters because you’ll want to collect them all.

DSCF1019 (1024x768).jpg

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is one of the few that sell this unique postcard. Imagine your friends’ or family’s surprise when they open their mailbox to find a coconut postcard! Disney Cast Members will be more than happy to assist you in mailing the coconut and they do sell postage in the store.

DSCF1020 (768x1024).jpg

I know have questioned whether or not pool noodles are allowed in the resort's many pools and given that they sell them in the store, I'd take that as a yes. If you'd like to learn more about Old Port Royale, you can find it here.

DSCF1021 (768x1024).jpg

I went back out into the Old Port Royale courtyard and took a right which would take me around the resort and back to our building in Jamaica. First, I made a stop at the sign at Barefoot Bay Bike Works.

DSCF1022 (768x1024).jpg

And, then took a picture of another new sign, the New Balance Running Trail map/sign.

DSCF1023 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

If you are looking for a table service restaurant but don’t want to leave the beautiful resort, book an advance dining reservation at Shutters. Over the last year, maybe two, I've heard a lot of great things about Shutters and many over on the CBR thread have raved about it.

DSCF1024 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1025 (768x1024).jpg

I continued walking along the pathway and ahead, on the Martinique beach, was the area where the marshmallow roasts are held nightly. (weather permitting)

DSCF1026 (768x1024).jpg

It was at this point that I realized my camera batteries were dying. About to go caput on me. I couldn't, however, not at least take as many more as I could before I got back to our room. I took this one of the Martinique village.

DSCF1027 (1024x768).jpg

And, this one on my way to Aruba via Barbados.

DSCF1028 (768x1024).jpg

Then, crash, boom, bam, the camera batteries died. I finished my walk and finally made my way back to the very last building in Jamaica, building 41. The guys were ready to go get something to eat and I was ready too. The walk around the promenade had worked up a hunger that needed to be satisfied.

**Oooh, eeeh, ooh, ahh, ahh, I feel like a monkey today!

That looks like a nice resort...though very big!! The food stations sound like there are a lot of good choices too.

Great CBR pics! I have to note, you said it was only a 7-minute walk from Trinidad South to OPR. That CAN'T be right! I've read several threads, and I'm sure it is 7 MILES from Trinidad South to OPR.....:rolleyes1

That looks like a nice resort...though very big!! The food stations sound like there are a lot of good choices too.

It is big but not so big that you can't navigate. I just like to wander so I'm all over the resort...not just in our village. The walk around the entire promenade is 1.4 miles all the way around.

Great CBR pics! I have to note, you said it was only a 7-minute walk from Trinidad South to OPR. That CAN'T be right! I've read several threads, and I'm sure it is 7 MILES from Trinidad South to OPR.....:rolleyes1

7 minute. 7 miles. Give or take a minute or mile or two. LOL I never understand folks who say that it takes them 15 minutes to get to Old Port Royale from Trinidad South. I could crawl to OPR quicker than that.

Great Photos!! Any chance you could take a pic of the tag on the mattress that shows the brand and model on it? The beds were fantastic when we stayed and I forgot to check myself.

Great pictures of Illuminations!!!

There is one picture that you uploaded and didn't attach to your post. Love that one, too.

But I especially love the ones of the Illuminations globe, great closeups!

And speaking of globes, the pictures you have of Spaceship Earth are gorgeous!!! I love it all lit up like that.

I read your locker article and it made me smile. I always take pictures of the luggage lockers in Hollywood Studios because I think they are the best bargain in Disney. They are huge, and only cost $1. But they are outside of the park and only single use, but they have come in handy for us more than once.

:goodvibes

As you know, I totally understand and appreciate your resort strolls. Best way to get and distribute information to people is through photos. Like you said, it can sometimes be tough because you don't want to inconvenience others or creep people out. And my family rolls their eyes, but I can't even count the number of times a picture I have taken, or a trip I have timed, has helped someone.

::yes::

As you know, I totally understand and appreciate your resort strolls. Best way to get and distribute information to people is through photos. Like you said, it can sometimes be tough because you don't want to inconvenience others or creep people out. And my family rolls their eyes, but I can't even count the number of times a picture I have taken, or a trip I have timed, has helped someone.

CBR looks like a big, beautiful resort.

::yes::

I last stayed at CBR in 2006 and absolutely loved it. I found it so relaxing! Love reliving that through your photos.

Love your photos. Just the other day I watched the video posted on the CBR thread touring pretty much the whole grounds. I'm more excited than ever for our visit this fall!!

Your pics of CBR are lovely. You make me willing to consider it if there is a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter