Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Well, I was on a writing roll and then it came to a halt. Why? Let's see if I can remember them all. First off, Lacey & Jesse were on pins and needles waiting to see if the sellers would agree to the extension. They did...finally, two days after the contract had expired. They have moved back in with us since their rental was up. Hopefully, they will close somewhere between the 19th and the 22nd. Second, remember the hail storm that blew through our area? We had an adjuster come out last Saturday and she says that we have no damage at all. We don't know how in the world she came up with that since our roof is beat to hail and back. (see what I did there?) We, literally, had a foot and a half of hail piled up from the valley in our roof and it stayed there until four days later. So, we are requesting another adjuster but haven't heard anything. Third, Mama has to have a new roof. Imagine that? Lives right next door and she has to have a roof but we don't? Crazy isn't it? She's gotten so flustered over the whole ordeal (long long story about a two bit con artist) and I'm having to talk to agents, adjusters, etc. On top of all of that, we are in the middle of refinancing a note and because of new government regulations, it is going to take forever and we don't have forever since the note matures on the 27th. Needless to say, all of this has caused a heckofa lot of stress around our household. I'm hoping to get an update posted today so hold tight please, I'm trying.
praying everything works out for you ..

Being an adult really stinks sometimes! :-/ Kepping you all in my thoughts and prayers that everything works out!!!

if the sellers would agree to the extension. They did...

YAY! Congrats!

our roof is beat to hail and back. (see what I did there?)

Your clever...
Im sorry. I hope you get it all fixed and soon! we have to have our roof done AGAIN after this last storm.
How are all the people from the huge flood you had?

Needless to say, all of this has caused a heckofa lot of stress around our household.

TO say the least! It's time to run away to Disney..

Being an adult really stinks sometimes! :-/ Kepping you all in my thoughts and prayers that everything works out!!!

Thank you!

Praying everything works out for everybody there!

I appreciate the prayers!

YAY! Congrats!

They kept them on pins and needles for sure!

Your clever...
Im sorry. I hope you get it all fixed and soon! we have to have our roof done AGAIN after this last storm.
How are all the people from the huge flood you had?

I ended up using the funds that were raised to buy supplies that were needed at a local shelter instead of focusing on one family. Made me feel good that my friends donated and helped out our community!

TO say the least! It's time to run away to Disney..

Preach!

Don't stress about us too! We understand. And will wait patiently. Prayers to you for things to calm down a bit!

Thank you!

Well, I was on a writing roll and then it came to a halt. Why? Let's see if I can remember them all. First off, Lacey & Jesse were on pins and needles waiting to see if the sellers would agree to the extension. They did...finally, two days after the contract had expired. They have moved back in with us since their rental was up. Hopefully, they will close somewhere between the 19th and the 22nd. Second, remember the hail storm that blew through our area? We had an adjuster come out last Saturday and she says that we have no damage at all. We don't know how in the world she came up with that since our roof is beat to hail and back. (see what I did there?) We, literally, had a foot and a half of hail piled up from the valley in our roof and it stayed there until four days later. So, we are requesting another adjuster but haven't heard anything. Third, Mama has to have a new roof. Imagine that? Lives right next door and she has to have a roof but we don't? Crazy isn't it? She's gotten so flustered over the whole ordeal (long long story about a two bit con artist) and I'm having to talk to agents, adjusters, etc. On top of all of that, we are in the middle of refinancing a note and because of new government regulations, it is going to take forever and we don't have forever since the note matures on the 27th. Needless to say, all of this has caused a heckofa lot of stress around our household. I'm hoping to get an update posted today so hold tight please, I'm trying.

So glad to hear about Lacey and Jesse's house. In fact, came over just to check on that!

Good luck with your own place and Mama's. UGH!!!

:grouphug:

No we didn't see it before the addition of Ellen. Was it boring?

I thought so. I love the Jeopardy/Ellen/Bill Nye/Stupid Judy plotline now.

Great Updates!

I love Living with the Land, although I miss the cute little song they used to play back when it was called "Listen to the land" (Back when it was sponsored by Kraft I think it was).

I am a fan of the Universe of Energy too, I love Ellen, she was a great addition to it. But like with LWTL, I miss the music they played during the pre-show and the Finale for that ride. The preshow was neat, too, I guess you've never seen it if you never saw it before Ellen. There were square screens that used to rotate (unless they are still there, but I don't remember seeing them recently) and the pictures they had on there were really neat, time lapse videos of flowers growing, etc. I wish they still made use of that technology.

Love your dinner at Via Napoli. I liked it there but when we were there on our last trip we had REALLY slow service (at least for my Dad's entree, for some reason it took forever for them to bring it)

I LOVED THAT SONG TOO!!!

The first time Nate rode, it was with friends, without me. I asked him about the song and he said they didn't have it. I didn't believe him. Then when I rode for myself, I was so sad!!! Still am :(

I didn't care much for the prior Universe of Energy post-show. I think it was more informative than the ones now, but not as much fun.

:goodvibes

I hope you get your roof. We had hail damage the year after we moved into our house. The insurance company said we needed a new roof right off the bat, but they would not agree we needed new siding. 1/3 of the front, the entire side and 1/3 of the back of the siding has major hail damage (notice I said HAS, and this was about 16 years ago), but they only gave us enough to replace the damaged siding. Fair enough, except the siding was about 20 years old at that time and could not be matched; it doesn't even look close to the siding you get now. We are hoping to replace it after we the pay the house off in two years.

Sorry to hear about all the news. I hope it all turns around for the better soon. I have to get a new roof and find the whole thing stressful. I hope you and mama get yours taken care of soon

So glad to hear about Lacey and Jesse's house. In fact, came over just to check on that!

Good luck with your own place and Mama's. UGH!!!

:grouphug:

It seems as if Lacey and Jesse's new closing date is going to stick this time....hopefully.

Mama has a new roof and we are still waiting to hear about our's.

I thought so. I love the Jeopardy/Ellen/Bill Nye/Stupid Judy plotline now.

Me too!

I LOVED THAT SONG TOO!!!

The first time Nate rode, it was with friends, without me. I asked him about the song and he said they didn't have it. I didn't believe him. Then when I rode for myself, I was so sad!!! Still am :(

I didn't care much for the prior Universe of Energy post-show. I think it was more informative than the ones now, but not as much fun.

:goodvibes

I hope you get your roof. We had hail damage the year after we moved into our house. The insurance company said we needed a new roof right off the bat, but they would not agree we needed new siding. 1/3 of the front, the entire side and 1/3 of the back of the siding has major hail damage (notice I said HAS, and this was about 16 years ago), but they only gave us enough to replace the damaged siding. Fair enough, except the siding was about 20 years old at that time and could not be matched; it doesn't even look close to the siding you get now. We are hoping to replace it after we the pay the house off in two years.

Oh no! I hate it when insurance companies doesn't want to pay out. Siding, just like shingles, probably needs to come from the same "run" so that the colors match up. So frustrating!

Sorry to hear about all the news. I hope it all turns around for the better soon. I have to get a new roof and find the whole thing stressful. I hope you and mama get yours taken care of soon

Thank you!

Behold the past, present and future! How can I behold when I can't see over his head?

We walked out of Via Napoli and started the search for a spot to watch IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Yes, I know that people stake out spots an hour or more before show time but we were busy dining on some delicioso pizza and pasta, cut us some slack. John got a phone call and we moved over to the side for a minute while he talked. We were here.

DSCF0925 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0926 (768x1024).jpg

He finished up pretty quickly and continued our search. Finally, we found a decent viewing spot and within minutes, IllumiNations started.

DSCF0928 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0929 (768x1024).jpg

You'll noticed that the pictures aren't centered and there's a head in the right side of the pictures. This was a pre-teen/teenager and he would move all over the darn place. Never stood still the entire time even when his parents saw us standing beside/behind him. My pictures of IllumiNations never turn out very well.

DSCF0930 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0931 (768x1024).jpg

I want to behold PEOPLE! I just want to behold and you keep moving around and I can't see over your head!

DSCF0932 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Behold the past, present and future! How can I behold when I can't see over his head?

I love it when the globe makes it way into the lagoon.

DSCF0934 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0935 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0936 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0938 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0939 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0940 (768x1024).jpg

And the countries start lighting up.

DSCF0941 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0943 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0945 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0946 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Sorry for the crappy picture overload but how else am I going to prove to you that we were there. Oh right, I posted picture earlier and we hadn't even been there yet. Coulda just shut my mouth again, huh.

DSCF0946 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0947 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0948 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0949 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0951 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0951 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0952 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0953 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0957 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0959 (768x1024).jpg

Annnnnnnd, that's all of the pictures that I took. Ah, I love IllumiNations. I do! I do! I do! We let a lot of people filter out of World Showcase before we slowly started making our way towards the United Kingdom.

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF0950 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF0950 (768x1024).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2

I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but during our trip, I was gathering pictures of this, that and the other. Not just for purposes of this trip report but also for the Magical DIStractions site that I write for. I'd stop every now and then and snap a picture or two.

DSCF0962 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0966 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0967 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0969 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Stop! I need this....for research purposes!

Stop! I need this....for research purposes!

We were almost to the front of the park when I told the guys "Stop! I need this....for research purposes!" When they saw me veering off course, they probably thought that I was going to the potty 'cause, well, I see a potty and I feel the need to stop. But, this time, that wasn't what I was talking about. I spotted this:

DSCF0975 (768x1024).jpg

As I said, I write for another site and I thought, hum, why not write about a place to store your stuff? Because, most of us, bring too much stuff in the parks and I'm not just talking about Epcot, I'm talking about all of the water parks and the theme parks. Each of the parks, water parks and even golf courses have lockers and I ended up posting pictures of a lot of the lockers around the "world". So, for research purposes, I took the following pictures.

DSCF0971 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0972 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0973 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0974 (768x1024).jpg

Once I was done, we said Goodnight to Epcot and strolled to the bus stop.

**Up next: Takin' a stroll and takin' it all in!

Takin' a stroll and takin' it all in!

The next day of our trip was a rest/sleep-in/do nothing until later in the evening day. These days are essential to our trip because John needs some down time. Me? Not so much. I can only rest for so long and then I feel restless and need to do something. Something like take a stroll and take in the resort's sights and sounds. I was also doing more research for the CBR thread and for my friend, Caroline. My goal was not only to relax but to take pictures of the view from various points in the resort.

That's our room right there on the corner of Building 41 and the three other rooms to the right in this picture would end up being the rooms of Lacey, Jesse's mother, dad & brother and the last room was his brother, his wife and their daughter.

DSCF0976 (768x1024).jpg

I took this picture at the end of the walkway and I was looking back at our building on the left and the pretty pathway right in front.

DSCF0977 (768x1024).jpg

The following picture walk taken at the end of that walkway (with my back to our building) looking to my right. This pathway makes a left turn and goes over a bridge (not through the island) and you can also walk over to Trinidad South where the pirate rooms are located. I decided to take that right and follow the signs which had been added since our last stay.

DSCF0978 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0979 (768x1024).jpg

As you can see this is building 35 and some of the rooms will have a water view of the lake.

DSCF0982 (768x1024).jpg

The following is building 34 and a view of the parking lot. The foliage around the buildings is large/tall/thick enough that it blocks most of the view so a parking lot view isn't horrible.

DSCF0983 (768x1024).jpg

This is one of the courtyards in Trinidad South.

DSCF0984 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF0981 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF0981 (768x1024).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter