Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the Dinosaur! What's the Beverly Hillbillies?

Once we were done with The Land pavilion, we made our way across Future World to another attraction that we like but isn't considered a fan favorite. We were going to......

DSCF0876 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0877 (1024x768).jpg

I know! I know! Some folks think that this attraction is nothing but a 45 minute snoozefest. John has taken naps in Ellen's Universe of Energy but not always. Okay, so some of the time. Alright already, a lot of times but not ALL the time. I really don't blame his catnapping on the attraction itself, more on the handful of medication that he has to take a day for his epilepsy.

As we were walking in, the pre-show was finishing up. We pretty much walked in, Ellen warned us about no eating, drinking or flash photography and then the doors opened. We were on a bench all to ourselves and John forwarned us that he would be napping this time around because he had a few facial twitches. Hunter and I sat on either side of him and we were off to see the dinosaurs. Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur!

DSCF0879 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0880 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0881 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0882 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0884 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0888 (768x1024).jpg

When we got to the portion of the attraction where Ellen is supposed to be fighting off the dinosaur, she wasn't there. Whaaaaat? That was a first. Hopefully, they were giving Ellen a make-over because, quite honestly, she didn't look very real at all.

**Continued in next post

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the Dinosaur! What's the Beverly Hillbillies?

Even though I like the dinosaurs, I really like Ellen. She's cute. She's funny. She's, well, Ellen. So, even though the next portion of the attraction is educational, it is enjoyable.

DSCF0892 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0893 (1024x768).jpg

Wider!

DSCF0894 (1024x768).jpg

What's black gold? Texas Tea? What's the Beverly Hillbillies?

DSCF0895 (1024x768).jpg

This part of the attraction cracks us up. When Ellen comes back to the game after "going to the restroom", watch closely how she buzzes in. She'll toss the buzzer over her shoulder, buzz in with her nose, etc. It's hilarious!

DSCF0896 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0897 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0898 (768x1024).jpg

Stupid Judy! Stupid Ellen!

DSCF0899 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0900 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0901 (1024x768).jpg

About this time, I'm nudging John on the shoulder to wake him up. The 45 minutes was just what he needed to rejuvenate and calm the facial twitches even though their are roaring dinosaurs all around him.

Again, I know that Ellen's Universe of Energy isn't for everyone, it's one that we always go to.

**Up next: Mexicano! Italiano! Deliciouso!

I love living with the land!! One of my favorites and I don't even garden or have the urge to garden!! Ha! I enjoy Universe of Energy as well! I love Ellen!!!

We have a big greenhouse comples that has been built recently and they are supposedly going to be growing ecpot style tomatoes

I love Living with the Land. It's such relaxing ride and it's so cool to see where they grow so many of the fruits and vegetables they use. I have never gone and not ridden it. :) On the other hand, I don't think I have EVER ridden Ellen's Universe ride....I don't know how I missed that, but I did somewhere along the way. We are going in February with our DD 6/7, so I think we will have to find that ride.

Love all of the LWTL pictures! I'm not into gardening myself but I do love seeing all the different techniques. Plus that ride is never the same twice!

I've never seen that Hidden Minnie either.

I do like Ellen's Energy Adventure but don't head there often because of the time it takes. I think if it was about 1/2 as long I would ride it more often.

I also really love LWTL! It's a relaxing boat ride, and the presentation is really interesting to me.

I'm one of the few people left in the camp that enjoys Ellen's ride lol I love Ellen though, I could watch/listen to her all day. Being in the A/C for 45 minutes is pretty nice as well!

Hi, Lisa! It's been awhile since I've been able to read, but I am all caught up now. I'm realizing how little of Epcot that I have actually done. Never seen Circle of Life. Never did Universe of Energy. Nope. Nada. Forget about the world showcase. Six trips as an adult and I have failed to do these things! :( Yes...I am feeling sorry for myself that I have missed out. :charac2: Thankfully I can live vicariously through YOU! :worship: Thank you for sharing! Can't wait to read more!!!

Once we were done with The Land pavilion, we made our way across Future World to another attraction that we like but isn't considered a fan favorite.

I know! I know! Some folks think that this attraction is nothing but a 45 minute snoozefest.

I actually don't mind this one, either. I do appreciate being able to sit for a while in air-conditioning. But I think Ellen is funny, too.

When Ellen comes back to the game after "going to the restroom", watch closely how she buzzes in. She'll toss the buzzer over her shoulder, buzz in with her nose, etc. It's hilarious!

Nice! I bet hardly anyone notices that!

Request for some positive mojo, prayers, finger crossing, etc. Lacey and Jesse were supposed to close on their house Thursday and she's been calling, texting, emailing, everything short of sending out carrier pigeons to the loan officer to verify the closing date. She hadn't gotten a response until yesterday. The loan officer is on vacation and said that she won't be back in town until next week. AFTER the contract on the house runs out. After much complaining and ranting and raving, they were told that the earliest they could close is on the 11th and the latest would be the 22nd. A request for an extension of the contract was sent out last night and they are waiting to see what the sellers have to say. Why do people not do their jobs? Why?

I love living with the land!! One of my favorites and I don't even garden or have the urge to garden!! Ha! I enjoy Universe of Energy as well! I love Ellen!!!

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who enjoys both of those attractions.

We have a big greenhouse comples that has been built recently and they are supposedly going to be growing ecpot style tomatoes

How cool! Will it be open to the public?

I love Living with the Land. It's such relaxing ride and it's so cool to see where they grow so many of the fruits and vegetables they use. I have never gone and not ridden it. :) On the other hand, I don't think I have EVER ridden Ellen's Universe ride....I don't know how I missed that, but I did somewhere along the way. We are going in February with our DD 6/7, so I think we will have to find that ride.

Oh you need to see Universe of Energy at least once. You may find out that it is not for you but it's something that everyone should see at least once.

Love all of the LWTL pictures! I'm not into gardening myself but I do love seeing all the different techniques. Plus that ride is never the same twice!

I've never seen that Hidden Minnie either.

I do like Ellen's Energy Adventure but don't head there often because of the time it takes. I think if it was about 1/2 as long I would ride it more often.

Minnie Mouse in Living with the Land was a first for us.

I guess because we have at least two days in Epcot, we don't feel like Ellen's Universe of Energy is time wasted.

Love your The Land pics...that has to be one of my faves even though my hubby finds it boring. Universe of Energy....wellll.....it is a good spot for a nap....but I always feel like I need one at theme parks lol so it is useful lol Glad you enjoyed it though!!

I also really love LWTL! It's a relaxing boat ride, and the presentation is really interesting to me.

I'm one of the few people left in the camp that enjoys Ellen's ride lol I love Ellen though, I could watch/listen to her all day. Being in the A/C for 45 minutes is pretty nice as well!

We love Ellen so it's only natural that we'd head over to Universe of Energy. I was watching reruns of the old Ellen show last night.

Hi, Lisa! It's been awhile since I've been able to read, but I am all caught up now. I'm realizing how little of Epcot that I have actually done. Never seen Circle of Life. Never did Universe of Energy. Nope. Nada. Forget about the world showcase. Six trips as an adult and I have failed to do these things! :( Yes...I am feeling sorry for myself that I have missed out. :charac2: Thankfully I can live vicariously through YOU! :worship: Thank you for sharing! Can't wait to read more!!!

Mel, what the heck? You have got to get back to the "world" and explore more.

I actually don't mind this one, either. I do appreciate being able to sit for a while in air-conditioning. But I think Ellen is funny, too.

It is nice to get off your feet and relax while the dinos fight it out around you.

Nice! I bet hardly anyone notices that!

Watch for it next time. It's hilarious!

Love your The Land pics...that has to be one of my faves even though my hubby finds it boring. Universe of Energy....wellll.....it is a good spot for a nap....but I always feel like I need one at theme parks lol so it is useful lol Glad you enjoyed it though!!

We love all working in our own garden and I think that's part of the appeal of Living with the Land for us. We have at least two days in Epcot so we feel like it's okay to sit for 45 minutes and not be out and about.

Mexicano! Italiano! Delizioso!

When we were done with Universe of Energy, we made the trek over to World Showcase via the Mexico side. We did make a quick stop to look at the pretty flowers.

DSCF0902 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0903 (768x1024).jpg

We popped into the Mexico Pavilion to take a look around.
DSCF0904 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0905 (1024x768).jpg

I was searching for something to take back to my Mama but we ended up buying quite a few candies for our friends from Guatemala instead. Purchases made, we went back out into the Florida sunshine and continued our stroll.

DSCF0906 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0907 (768x1024).jpg

A stroll that, apparently, didn't include any picture taking until we reached our dinner destination.

DSCF0908 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Oh no! I will be praying and crossing all my fingers & toes for Lacey & Jesse!!!! People just don't think sometimes!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Our advance dining reservation for dinner was 7:45 p.m. and we arrived approximately fifteen minutes prior to our designated time. Given that we had a reservation, we went straight inside to check-in. The hostess there took our name and told us that there was a slight wait.

Our name was called about ten minutes later and the hostess led us to a table in what I would describe as a sunroom on the side of the restaurant. One entire side of the seating area was glassed in and we were able to see out into a portion of the Italy pavilion.

DSCF0910 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0911 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0912 (1024x768).jpg

During our previous visits, we had been seated inside the restaurant and I must admit that the ambiance there was better than where we were seated this time. When seated in the other area of the restaurant, you can see the chefs at work and the wood burning ovens. Having said that, the view that we had wasn’t what I would exactly consider horrible because, like I said, we were looking out into Italy.

A waiter came to our table within minutes of our being seated and another came to fill the glasses with water. We were offered sparkling water but we declined. For those of you who are fellow Southerners, you are probably already aware that many menus do not include sweet tea. While sugar and sweeteners are provided, they simply do not do the trick for most sweet tea drinkers. Many years ago, a waitress in one of the restaurants suggested that we try an Arnold Palmer which is half lemonade and half unsweetened tea and it’s a great substitute.

DSCF0913 (768x1024).jpg

This wasn't our first rodeo or as they say in Italian.............rodeo. And here I was thinking that I'd impress you all with my fluent Italian and google how to say rodeo in Italian. Apparently, it is still rodeo. Yeah, that took off like a lead balloon.

Anyway because it wasn't our first time at Via Napoli, we all knew exactly what we wanted. John ordered Candele: candle-stick pasta, sausage ragù, polpettine meatballs, mozzarella, ricotta cheese.

DSCF0916 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter ordered, you guessed it, Individual Quattro Formaggi Pizza but added tomato sauce : white pizza, mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone cheese.

DSCF0918 (1024x768).jpg

My entree choice was the Individual Pepperoni Pizza: tomato sauce, pepperoni, tomato, mozzarella cheese

DSCF0917 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0919 (1024x768).jpg

The pizzas at Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria are out of this world delicious! The dough is made with real Caputo flour imported from southern Italy and the water is sourced from a spring similar to Italy’s Campania region. Pizzas are then cooked in wood-burning ovens named after the 3 active volcanoes in Italy—Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Stromboli.

We could have eaten just our entrees and walked away from the restaurant fully satisfied. But, we were on the Disney Dining Plan and, knowing that the desserts were fantastic, we couldn’t pass them up. Although we were given a dessert menu to peruse, each of us knew what we wanted to order.

The Ugly But Good dessert had been on John’s mind all year long and there was no hesitation whatsoever when he was asked what he wanted for dessert. Coppa Brutti Ma Buoni: “Ugly But Good” Amarena cherry & vanilla gelato sundae. Unfortunately, the picture came out blurry. When I wrote my article for Magical DIStractions, I used one from the previous year so I'll use it here as well.

ugly-but-good-572x1024.jpg

Hunter has never been a dessert eater but, again, since we were on the dining plan, it was included so he ordered the Gelato Frizzante: Ice Cream Soda “Italian Style” made with San Pellegrino’s “Aranciata” and vanilla gelato.

DSCF0920 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

My dessert was the Zeppole di Caterina: Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce a/k/a fried balls of goodness.

DSCF0923 (1024x768).jpg

And, as a birthday surprise, the cast members brought out a birthday dessert for Hunter and they sang to him as well.

DSCF0922 (768x1024).jpg

Just as was the case with our entrees, the desserts were amazing! All throughout the meal, our waiter was attentive, checking to see if we needed anything and refilling our glasses. He was one of the best waiters that we have had in all of our trips to Walt Disney World. We used our Magic Bands to access the Disney Dining Plan and charged the tip to the credit card that we had on file. Our meal from start to finish was approximately an hour. Not bad, not bad at all.

**Up next: Behold the past, present and future! How can I behold when I can't see over his head?

Woah! You are cranking on the updates!!!

First, so sorry to hear about the roadblock for Lacey and Jesse's house. Hopefully all will work out. Seriously, the sale/purchase of a house cycle can be a delicate chain of events where one house has to close before the purchase of the next, and so on. The absence of this loan officer could potentially muck-up a bunch of lives!

Sending positive thoughts to all.

I love Universe of Energy. Heck, I loved it even when the preshow and post-ride were boring. Did you ride it before they added Ellen, Bill Nye, Stupid Judy and Jeopardy? Definitely a welcome improvement. But I totally agree with you- the Ellen animatronic while you are in with the dinos is pretty bad.

We don't see it every trip, because it really is a big time commitment, I did see it in June on the class trip. Some students (and chaperones) did nap during the ride, but the rest of us enjoyed it.

Off to read your next chapter...

:goodives

I love the Marketplace in Mexico- so many interesting things and pretty colors- but I have never noticed candy before! Where???

Silly me- I have also never eaten at Via Napoli before although almost every review I have read has been raves. All of your food certainly looked incredible!

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter