Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

I have never seen the Circle of Life movie. Have I read somewhere that it is closed down indefinitely now???
BTW~ I will DEFINITELY be tapping into your knowledge base when I get ready to plan this July trip!!!

Just found your report and read it all. I can't wait to hear more. I have to tell you, I live near Gulf Shores, AL (about an hour from Mobile) and I still can't get use to the fact of seeing Mobile pictures on other peoples reports. I mean obviously people stay and go to Mobile and Pensacola, but it's just weird lol. It's like hey I know exactly where they are kinda thing lol.

Keep it coming. I hope you're fundraising efforts are going well. And I hope y'all didn't have to much to clean up after all of that. We didn't get that much here, but we have before and I know it's hard clean up. :) Prayers for all of y'all.

Lisa, we are continuing to think about your family and all that your community is going through. :grouphug:

You are funny to 'fess up to the mess up of the order of things.

It gets really hard when a trip was so long ago and like you said, you rely on pictures to help you remember what happened. I usually take notes at the end of the day, but my handwriting is so bad, sometimes I can't figure out what I wrote!!! Seriously.

You do a spectacular job telling your stories and sharing your pictures, whatever the order is.

::yes::

How was Circle of Life, by the way? I'm not sure if we have done this or not, but from what I understand, it is a little preachy.

;)

Sorry y'all! I'm coming back, I really am. We've had some exciting events happening over at our house. Lacey & Jesse found a house, put in an offer, did all of the flim flam'ing around on price, had the inspecition done, got the appraisal, came back $5,000 lower and then they re-negotiated. But, Monday, they found out that they got it! It is about a half mile from us.
That is truly awsome news! I know you must be over the moon. Sorry I am so slow responding, but I haven't had time to get on the Dis for a while!

Just catching up.....That's great news about Lacey and Jesse! So sorry to hear about the floods in your area. As soon as I saw it on the weather channel, I wondered if it was close to ya'll. :( I would like to help also whenever you get something set up. Take care!

I will miss The Circle Of Life show. It was a nice rest and there is a picture of Vermont village in it.

I'm finally all caught up - again! When I heard the news of the flooding in Louisiana I immediately thought of you and your family. I'm thankful you were all fine but keeping those who have lost so much in my prayers.

Figment is my absolute favorite so I always love to see others enjoying it!

That would have been the easiest way to avoid any snide remarks about my just turning 50 and losing my ability to remember things.

Snide remarks? Here??? Perish the thought!:rolleyes1

In my last update, I said that we went to Soarin' and then backtracked through Canada and, as I hinted, headed over to France. Welllllllllllllllll, scrap all of that because this, this is what really happened.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

There was no wait see to our favorite purple dragon so we popped on into the Imagination building.

No wait for that ride? Wow, that's hard to imagine. :rolleyes1

We saw that Circle of Life would be starting soon so we went into the theater along with quite a few others which was a little surprising because most just skip it. However, it was pretty hot out and most of the guests had kiddos with them.

Maybe everyone needed some more air conditioning!

I'm so happy for you that Lacy and Jesse will be living so close to you!

And I'm so sorry to hear about all the flooding. I was watching it on the weather channel and was thinking of you and if it was where you live.

Your Circle of Life pics came out better then mine. You can barely tell what I was taking pictures of.

Your so close to your next trip. Who all is going this time?

I have never seen the Circle of Life movie. Have I read somewhere that it is closed down indefinitely now???
BTW~ I will DEFINITELY be tapping into your knowledge base when I get ready to plan this July trip!!!

Yep, it's closed. I haven't heard what will be taking it's place or if it will come back with a new look.

Just found your report and read it all. I can't wait to hear more. I have to tell you, I live near Gulf Shores, AL (about an hour from Mobile) and I still can't get use to the fact of seeing Mobile pictures on other peoples reports. I mean obviously people stay and go to Mobile and Pensacola, but it's just weird lol. It's like hey I know exactly where they are kinda thing lol.

Keep it coming. I hope you're fundraising efforts are going well. And I hope y'all didn't have to much to clean up after all of that. We didn't get that much here, but we have before and I know it's hard clean up. :) Prayers for all of y'all.

Welcome!!!!!! I've been slowly but surely getting this report written. The computer crash and then the weather have caused delays.

Lisa, we are continuing to think about your family and all that your community is going through. :grouphug:

You are funny to 'fess up to the mess up of the order of things.

It gets really hard when a trip was so long ago and like you said, you rely on pictures to help you remember what happened. I usually take notes at the end of the day, but my handwriting is so bad, sometimes I can't figure out what I wrote!!! Seriously.

You do a spectacular job telling your stories and sharing your pictures, whatever the order is.

::yes::

How was Circle of Life, by the way? I'm not sure if we have done this or not, but from what I understand, it is a little preachy.

;)

Well, you know me, I'm not going to pretend that something happened this way when it actually happened that way.

I would say a little bit on the "preachy" side but nto so much that we would shy away from it. However, now we don't have the choice to shy away since it is closed.

That is truly awsome news! I know you must be over the moon. Sorry I am so slow responding, but I haven't had time to get on the Dis for a while!

I am waaaaay over the moon excited!

Just catching up.....That's great news about Lacey and Jesse! So sorry to hear about the floods in your area. As soon as I saw it on the weather channel, I wondered if it was close to ya'll. :( I would like to help also whenever you get something set up. Take care!

Yep, it hit us right smack in the middle of our town. Hopefully, we get things cleaned up soon. It will definitely take a while though.

I will miss The Circle Of Life show. It was a nice rest and there is a picture of Vermont village in it.

How cool! I didn't know that Vermont was in the movie!

I'm finally all caught up - again! When I heard the news of the flooding in Louisiana I immediately thought of you and your family. I'm thankful you were all fine but keeping those who have lost so much in my prayers.

Figment is my absolute favorite so I always love to see others enjoying it!

It was devastating! First the floods and then a hail storm. We need a break!

Snide remarks? Here??? Perish the thought!:rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No wait for that ride? Wow, that's hard to imagine. :rolleyes1

Even though it's not exactly a ride that is on our "must do" list, we do try to take in the attraction at least once a trip.

Maybe everyone needed some more air conditioning!

True dat!

I'm so happy for you that Lacy and Jesse will be living so close to you!

And I'm so sorry to hear about all the flooding. I was watching it on the weather channel and was thinking of you and if it was where you live.

Your Circle of Life pics came out better then mine. You can barely tell what I was taking pictures of.

Your so close to your next trip. Who all is going this time?

We are over the moon excited about their house and with it being so close, that makes it even better.

Right now, our trip is scheduled for May 28th through June 11th but if we have to have a new roof, it may be delayed until August. I don't want to though. The trip started out with the same folks as last year plus Mama but now it's back to just John, Hunter and I.

I had to laugh at this!!! Only because i suffer from the same thing! On the next trip of course...

Glad you have it all back and figured out. then again. no one would know either way! LOL

I say it every trip but haven't done it yet.

No worries on forgetting, I keep a journal or I would have no idea what I did on my trips! I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday let alone months ago.

I haven't seen that Lion King movie since 2011 but I remember it being kind of cheesy. I should probably give it another go sometime.

Girl, you sound like me. Half the time, I can't remember where I sat something down ten minutes ago.

Mickeys here! Mickeys there! Mickeys everywhere!

Once we were done with Circle of Life, we headed downstairs to Living With The Land. I love this attraction. Always have and, unless something changes drastically, always will. I know that the standby line had to have been under 30 minutes because we have a 30 minute rule. If it is under 30 minutes, get in line. 30 minutes might sound like a long line to some but our travel dates usually include the Memorial Day holiday and the week that most States in the South let out for the Summer. This means that the parks can become busy at times.

I love all of the quotes painted on the walls and if you look closely in the second picture, there is even a hidden Mickey.

DSCF0844 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0845 (768x1024).jpg

If you are looking for hidden Mickeys, there are a couple painted in the murals in the queue and on the wall where you enter and exit the boats.

My attempts to take pictures in the rainforest didn't work at all so I'll just post those taken in the greenhouses.

DSCF0847 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0848 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0849 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0850 (768x1024).jpg

Look it's a not so hidden Mickey!

DSCF0852 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0853 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF0851 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF0851 (768x1024).jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 3

Entering the aquaculture area of the attraction:

DSCF0854 (768x1024).jpg

Another hidden Mickey

DSCF0855 (768x1024).jpg

The alligators were small this time.

DSCF0856 (768x1024).jpg

Look! It's a hidden Mickey AND a hidden Minnie! This was the first time that I had seen Minnie there.

DSCF0857 (768x1024).jpg

Back out and into another area of the greenhouse:

DSCF0858 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0859 (768x1024).jpg

Told you that there were Mickeys everywhere

DSCF0860 (768x1024).jpg

I so wish that I could do this with our garden. I'd love to walk underneath an archway of tomatoes ripe for the pickin'.

DSCF0861 (768x1024).jpg

There's another Mickey

DSCF0863 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0864 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

I want the archway of tomatoes but I also want this! Check it out. There are tomatoes growing upright but then there are tomatoes twisted around the bottom too!

DSCF0865 (768x1024).jpg

The sign says that this is called the lean and lower technique. I call it cool! Just look at all of those tomatoes! I want them and I want them now!

DSCF0866 (768x1024).jpg

Trying to get onnnnnnnne more picture before we pass by completely.

DSCF0867 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0868 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0870 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0871 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0872 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0873 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF0869 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF0869 (768x1024).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2

I scatter/plant marigolds all over my garden because they are supposed to keep the bugs away. And, they make my garden pretty.

DSCF0875 (768x1024).jpg

Can you tell that Living With The Land is one of my favorites? Call me a gardening nerd if you want but I love it.

Up Next: Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the Dinosaur! What's the Beverly Hillbillies?

I love Living with the Land too. It's just one of those rides I never skip. Maybe because it's just a walk on but it's so cool.

I love Living with the Land, too! I think I love that there are "real" living things there. My pictures of the rainforest and other inside areas never come out either. I have missed this attraction on my last 4 visits to EPCOT :( but I did finally do the Behind the Seeds tour in January. Loved it!

The titles of your upcoming chapters are funny!

:goodvibes

I love Living with the Land too. It's just one of those rides I never skip. Maybe because it's just a walk on but it's so cool.

I love working in our garden and in our yard. It brings back memories of planting a garden with my Daddy. Guess that's why I find it so interesting.

I love Living with the Land, too! I think I love that there are "real" living things there. My pictures of the rainforest and other inside areas never come out either. I have missed this attraction on my last 4 visits to EPCOT :( but I did finally do the Behind the Seeds tour in January. Loved it!

The titles of your upcoming chapters are funny!

:goodvibes

I always give it a try on taking pictures but they never turn out well. Four visits without Living with the Land? Whaaaaat? We've done Behind the Seeds three times and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Well, thanks to my upcoming chapter title, I now have two songs in my head.

Aug 2014- I only had a few hours in the afternoon at EPCOT before my first Beach Club DIS meet. I had FP for Test Track, Character Spot, Spaceship Earth and then I walked around the WS

June 2015- Class Trip- we were going to go on this after dinner at Sunshine Seasons but the ride was closed at 8:30 that night :(

Aug 2015- my DIS buddies didn't want to go

Jan 2016- Behind the Seeds (so I think that is a good excuse)

:flower1::daisy::flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter