Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

How awful! As the wife of a paramedic, thank you for taking food to the police station. All of those men and women give so much of themselves, especially during time of tragedy/disaster.

Wow, I'm glad you guys are all okay. I hope the rain simmers down and things get back to normal soon.

Wow, that's awful about all that flooding! Was there any damage to Lacey and Jesse's rental?

That's so great that they got their house and that they are only 1/2 mile away. Congratulations to them! :goodvibes

I'm so happy Lacey and Jesse found a house so close to you. My daughter is 15 miles away and I wish she was closer.

I was wondering what is happening with Hunter's school? Will they have to make up all these days. Since he is a senior that must be a bummer. Has he decide plans for after graduation.

Crud! I forgot you were in that part of LA! We have two employees that live in that area too. One has had to move to higher ground due to road flooding (she did not think it would get in her house, but getting to and from the house was an issue. I feel your pain. We had a similar situation in 2010 herein Nashville. I left my house at 9pm on a Sunday night with the clothes on my back, my purse, my then teenage son and two 100+ pound dogs in tow. We spent the night at my office since I did not know offhand of any hotels that would take the dogs. We spent all day Monday watching the river rise, not knowing if it had got into our house or not. (And this was less than a year after I had a house fire....told my friends that if this was a cicada year and I started seeing locust, I would be really concerned...) We were able to go back into our neighborhood Monday night. The flood waters were 5 houses away from mine. But we spent many hours helping neighbors clean and repair and go on with life. They like probably a lot of folks in LA probably did not have flood insurance.

Will keep you all in our prayers!

Let me know if you start something, I would like to help. Did they have insurance? Knowing what it's like to lose it all i would love to help.

Lisa,my heart breaks for you all! I have seen the many photos. Praying for West Monroe. On another note, I just saw that Jesse and Lacey got the house...YAY!!!

First congrats to Lacy and Jessie on the house. I swore after I bought mine, I was never buying another house again! They can bury me in the back yard, that is how much I am not moving. Most stressful process ever. I am glad they were able to renegotiate and were approved to close! Second oh my goodness! I am glad you are all safe with the flooding. Things can always be replaced, people cannot. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I am also from Louisiana (St. Tammany Parish) and we had it here as well. My area was okay but ten minutes east of me looks just like the pictures you posted. So scary. God Bless everyone who is effected.

We have had record breaking rains and major flooding. Some of my family's houses had flooding but not near as badly as some in our area. Many have lost everything that they own.

Oh no! I saw the news and was wondering if that was your area. That's so awful.

On Friday, I cooked a huge meal and took it to our local police department. They have non-stop to keep our community safe and they deserved a hot meal.

Thank you! I'm sure it was much appreciated.

So that's why I have been gone this time. I'm working on this fund raising and hope to be back soon.

Understandable. Prayers for everyone in the area.

Hi Lisa, I've been a way from the DIS for quite some time. But as soon as I came back I started looking for your reports. I've always loved reading them. So sorry to hear about all of the damage to your area. I would love to help if you start up a go fund me or something similar.

I've been following along on Facebook and I'm so sorry you have such a mess. We had some bad flooding happen in Atlanta in 2009 but nothing like what you guys are experiencing! Keep me updated on whatever fundraiser you decide to do.

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you, your loved ones, and all in your area are okay. You are all in my thoughts and prayers tonight. As fun as it is to read your TR... this is without a doubt priority #1. All my best to you and yours.

How awful! As the wife of a paramedic, thank you for taking food to the police station. All of those men and women give so much of themselves, especially during time of tragedy/disaster.

The local churches had taken food to the public works employees and the firefighters but no one had said anything about the police department. I saw them standing out in the rain directing traffic, pulling people out of their cars, etc. It was our pleasure to feed them.

Wow, I'm glad you guys are all okay. I hope the rain simmers down and things get back to normal soon.

Thank you!

Wow, that's awful about all that flooding! Was there any damage to Lacey and Jesse's rental?

That's so great that they got their house and that they are only 1/2 mile away. Congratulations to them! :goodvibes

There was no damage to the home that they are renting but the boat house and the pier is probably going to need major work. A lot of it washed away.

I'm so happy Lacey and Jesse found a house so close to you. My daughter is 15 miles away and I wish she was closer.

I was wondering what is happening with Hunter's school? Will they have to make up all these days. Since he is a senior that must be a bummer. Has he decide plans for after graduation.

I love the fact that they live so close. My sister used to live in that neighborhood and I walked to her house all the time. Maybe I can get some exercise and walk to their house now.

The Seniors get out of school two weeks earlier than the other students so I don't think that the Seniors will be effected too much make-up days wise.

Crud! I forgot you were in that part of LA! We have two employees that live in that area too. One has had to move to higher ground due to road flooding (she did not think it would get in her house, but getting to and from the house was an issue. I feel your pain. We had a similar situation in 2010 herein Nashville. I left my house at 9pm on a Sunday night with the clothes on my back, my purse, my then teenage son and two 100+ pound dogs in tow. We spent the night at my office since I did not know offhand of any hotels that would take the dogs. We spent all day Monday watching the river rise, not knowing if it had got into our house or not. (And this was less than a year after I had a house fire....told my friends that if this was a cicada year and I started seeing locust, I would be really concerned...) We were able to go back into our neighborhood Monday night. The flood waters were 5 houses away from mine. But we spent many hours helping neighbors clean and repair and go on with life. They like probably a lot of folks in LA probably did not have flood insurance.

Will keep you all in our prayers!

Bless your heart! It is scary when you see that the flooding is coming your way and you don't know what to do or where to go! Yeah, if you were to have seen locust, then you'd probably think that the good Lord was on his way.

Let me know if you start something, I would like to help. Did they have insurance? Knowing what it's like to lose it all i would love to help.

Mo thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Lisa,my heart breaks for you all! I have seen the many photos. Praying for West Monroe. On another note, I just saw that Jesse and Lacey got the house...YAY!!!

The flooding is devastating! I drove through one neighorhood yesterday and it looked like a tornado had ripped through. This was the same neighborhood that a house caught on fire and there was no way to get to it to put it out. So sad!

First congrats to Lacy and Jessie on the house. I swore after I bought mine, I was never buying another house again! They can bury me in the back yard, that is how much I am not moving. Most stressful process ever. I am glad they were able to renegotiate and were approved to close! Second oh my goodness! I am glad you are all safe with the flooding. Things can always be replaced, people cannot. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

You sound like me. I told John to just put me in the backyard or have me cremated and scattered discreetly at Walt Disney World. LOL

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I am also from Louisiana (St. Tammany Parish) and we had it here as well. My area was okay but ten minutes east of me looks just like the pictures you posted. So scary. God Bless everyone who is effected.

It is is just so sad what our State is going through! There is flooding everywhere you turn.

Oh no! I saw the news and was wondering if that was your area. That's so awful.

Yep, we are in North Louisiana and the flooding was the worst in history.

Thank you! I'm sure it was much appreciated.

Very much appreciated and they showed it too!

Understandable. Prayers for everyone in the area.

Thank you!

Hi Lisa, I've been a way from the DIS for quite some time. But as soon as I came back I started looking for your reports. I've always loved reading them. So sorry to hear about all of the damage to your area. I would love to help if you start up a go fund me or something similar.

Welcome back to the DIS! I don't get on here as often as I would like but I love my Dis friends.

I've been following along on Facebook and I'm so sorry you have such a mess. We had some bad flooding happen in Atlanta in 2009 but nothing like what you guys are experiencing! Keep me updated on whatever fundraiser you decide to do.

It was just crazy! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you, your loved ones, and all in your area are okay. You are all in my thoughts and prayers tonight. As fun as it is to read your TR... this is without a doubt priority #1. All my best to you and yours.

I should be back to writing later today!

The great computer crash of 2016 OR You better not make fun of me 'cause...'cause...I can't remember!

Y'all recall all of the hoopla that I had surrounding the great computer crash of 2016 and how the pictures that were restored went haywire as far as the dates went? Well, the other day, I spent quite some time going back through all of my memory cards and the pictures on my computer and they are now in a somewhat organized mess. I used the photo editor on my computer to organize them in dates but something is still off. I pinky swear that I'm going to start taking notes every single day of our next trip so that I don't have to reply simply on my pictures as to what was done when and where.

I could have just let you all think that everything was just as I have already written. That would have been the easiest way to avoid any snide remarks about my just turning 50 and losing my ability to remember things. But, I am, if nothing else, an honest old soul. :angel: (or an idiot for giving you even the slightest opening to make fun of me)

In my last update, I said that we went to Soarin' and then backtracked through Canada and, as I hinted, headed over to France. Welllllllllllllllll, scrap all of that because this, this is what really happened.

We left Beaches & Cream, and then walked to the front of the park via the United Kingdom and Canada side of World Showcase.

DSCF0807 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0809 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0808 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0810 (768x1024).jpg

And continued on to the Future World area of the park.

DSCF0812 (768x1024).jpg

There was no wait see to our favorite purple dragon so we popped on into the Imagination building.

DSCF0813 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0814 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0815 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0816 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

The great computer crash of 2016 OR You better not make fun of me 'cause...'cause...I can't remember!

DSCF0818 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0819 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0820 (768x1024).jpg

Oh No! It's stopping on skunk!

DSCF0821 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0822 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0823 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0825 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0827 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0828 (1024x768).jpg

Oh Figment, how I love you and your little purple self! Where would be land next? Continued in next post

Before we left the Imagination building, we played around on the computers for a while just because. Our next destination was The Land pavilion.
DSCF0833 (1024x768).jpg

As I said, I thought that we rode Soarin' but I was mistaken because of the picture organization. We saw that Circle of Life would be starting soon so we went into the theater along with quite a few others which was a little surprising because most just skip it. However, it was pretty hot out and most of the guests had kiddos with them. I attempted taking pictures but the film moves pretty quickly and most came out blurry.

DSCF0834 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0836 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0837 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0840 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0841 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0842 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0843 (1024x768).jpg

**Up next: Mickeys here! Mickeys there! Mickeys everywhere!

I pinky swear that I'm going to start taking notes every single day of our next trip so that I don't have to reply simply on my pictures as to what was done when and where.

I had to laugh at this!!! Only because i suffer from the same thing! On the next trip of course...

Glad you have it all back and figured out. then again. no one would know either way! LOL

No worries on forgetting, I keep a journal or I would have no idea what I did on my trips! I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday let alone months ago.

I haven't seen that Lion King movie since 2011 but I remember it being kind of cheesy. I should probably give it another go sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter