Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Part of me really wants to ride one of those aqua cars at Disney Springs but I just can't stomach the cost!

I miss CBR already and we were just there last month. Jim was very happy with the new safes so that he could lock up his laptop instead of having to hide it somewhere in the room.

I need to give Beaches and Cream a second shot. We ate there in 2014 but it was so cold in the restaurant that I was miserable. I could barely eat my burger because I was shivering so violently. And we didn't even bother with ice cream which would have just made us colder! Not sure what was going on that day because I've never heard anyone else complain about the temperature in that restaurant.

Love the picture of Hunter with his balloon! I agree that you are never too old for a birthday balloon!

I swear you two are such a cute couple! and Hunter is exact the two of you!!

Dang i thought you would have ordered the Kitchen Sink!!! Beaches and cream is on my to do list.. I want that Kitchen SINK! LOL

Aquacars are cool..

I've been following your TR's for quite a while and am enjoying this one too! It's wonderful your DS and DH enjoy Disney as much as you do. My sister and I will be eating at Beaches and Cream when we're there in March. Your food pictures look so good! Think I'll go with the grilled cheese/soup and get a big fat sundae for dessert :mickeyjum

We haven't made it to Beaches and Cream to eat yet! To hard to get a reservation lately. We did walk up and get ice cream though- delicious!

Okay, Beaches & Cream for the win!! Our family has decided to go there for our HS day... I do believe they will be super happy with that choice. Brian is going to be especially happy to see that Reuben on the menu! And that grilled cheese and tomato soup DOES look delicious. I am going to have to check and see if they have some GF bread they can make that grilled cheese on!

Whew I am finally all caught up! I was only about 4-5 pages behind but for some reason I stopped getting e-mail notifications (again) and life got hectic before I remembered to come check.

We always wanted to do the Orange side of Mission: Space! My boyfriend also was referring to him as Lt. Dan haha! We rode it about 6-ish days after you did, and I forgot the restraints lifted themselves. Welp, I got hit square in the eye with it and my poor Mouse Ears went flying across the vehicle! I have to remember that for next ride!

The brunch looked amazing and super fun too! I just love your reports, can't wait for the next installment! It seems usually I go around the same time as you but this year, I think we are missing our summer trip in place of one in the fall...though your report might make me have some itchy fingers over to the Disney site...

Lisa I haven't been o n the Dis for over a year mainly because we had no trips to WDW planned but we are planning now YEAH so I am back. I found your TR and of course had to read it all the way through. After all I have read all your reports for years, So I am really enjoying it. The Gospel brunch sounds great, I love Gospel music and something new to consider. Loving your photos

I loved all your random catch-up pictures. Especially the ones of CBR. I don't know when we'll be back to WDW but I'm pretty sure CBR is where I'll want to stay again. We just loved it last year.

Thank you! I am missing CBR right now something fierce too!

Great pictures! I love the first one of the fountain at Epcot.

Thank you! I like that one too.

Part of me really wants to ride one of those aqua cars at Disney Springs but I just can't stomach the cost!

That's me! We wanted to ride but the price was crazy high.

I miss CBR already and we were just there last month. Jim was very happy with the new safes so that he could lock up his laptop instead of having to hide it somewhere in the room.

The new safes were really big and I am glad because we don't travel lightly.

I need to give Beaches and Cream a second shot. We ate there in 2014 but it was so cold in the restaurant that I was miserable. I could barely eat my burger because I was shivering so violently. And we didn't even bother with ice cream which would have just made us colder! Not sure what was going on that day because I've never heard anyone else complain about the temperature in that restaurant.

Now that you mention it, it did seem a little cool in the restaurant but I thought that it was just me and the fact that we had been rained on. But, everybody else was fine so I guess it was just me.

Love the picture of Hunter with his balloon! I agree that you are never too old for a birthday balloon!

Never!

I swear you two are such a cute couple! and Hunter is exact the two of you!!

Dang i thought you would have ordered the Kitchen Sink!!! Beaches and cream is on my to do list.. I want that Kitchen SINK! LOL

Aquacars are cool..

Aww, thank you! If I weren't allergic to milk and get nose bleeds and headaches from ice cream, we may have gone for it.

I've been following your TR's for quite a while and am enjoying this one too! It's wonderful your DS and DH enjoy Disney as much as you do. My sister and I will be eating at Beaches and Cream when we're there in March. Your food pictures look so good! Think I'll go with the grilled cheese/soup and get a big fat sundae for dessert :mickeyjum

So glad to have you here! I hope that you'll post often. Yeah, the grilled cheese and soup were fantastic.

We haven't made it to Beaches and Cream to eat yet! To hard to get a reservation lately. We did walk up and get ice cream though- delicious!

When I was looking for reservations, the available times were often weird time or really late. I was happy to get a lunch reservation.

Okay, Beaches & Cream for the win!! Our family has decided to go there for our HS day... I do believe they will be super happy with that choice. Brian is going to be especially happy to see that Reuben on the menu! And that grilled cheese and tomato soup DOES look delicious. I am going to have to check and see if they have some GF bread they can make that grilled cheese on!

We may be going to Beaches & Cream twice this trip because it was that good. Loved it.

Whew I am finally all caught up! I was only about 4-5 pages behind but for some reason I stopped getting e-mail notifications (again) and life got hectic before I remembered to come check.

We always wanted to do the Orange side of Mission: Space! My boyfriend also was referring to him as Lt. Dan haha! We rode it about 6-ish days after you did, and I forgot the restraints lifted themselves. Welp, I got hit square in the eye with it and my poor Mouse Ears went flying across the vehicle! I have to remember that for next ride!

The brunch looked amazing and super fun too! I just love your reports, can't wait for the next installment! It seems usually I go around the same time as you but this year, I think we are missing our summer trip in place of one in the fall...though your report might make me have some itchy fingers over to the Disney site...

I stopped getting them too and I can't seem to stay caught up. I don't understand why I don't receive them.

Oh bless your heart! Getting whacked in teh eye is not a good thing!

Lisa I haven't been o n the Dis for over a year mainly because we had no trips to WDW planned but we are planning now YEAH so I am back. I found your TR and of course had to read it all the way through. After all I have read all your reports for years, So I am really enjoying it. The Gospel brunch sounds great, I love Gospel music and something new to consider. Loving your photos

Oh my word Judy! I am not kidding when I say that I was thinking of you this morning and the fact that I hadn't seen you on the Dis for a long time. I'm glad to have you back!

Y'all, the great office computer crash of 2016 has wreaked havoc on this trip report. I had pictures of the first three or four days of our trip all sorted out into folders and when the crash happened, I lost them. I haven't lost the pictures completely because they are still on memory cards and my phone but they aren't organized. I use two cameras and my phone while on vacation so it's a job to get them organized. In an effort to keep this report moving forward, I'm going to post another update with the pictures that I do have sorted from one memory card. If I come upon the others, I'll do another one of my random pictures updates. Next update is being worked on right now and I'll post it in just a little bit.

California and France in Just One Day? It must be magic!

We left Beaches & Cream fully satisifed and were ready to fly! Fly as in soar. Soar as in hang gliding. Hang gliding as in Soarin'. Okay, so I know that you all had probably already figured out where we were headed but I couldn't just say "we were going to Soarin'". I mean, come on, what fun would that have been? Well, Soarin' is fun but I am sure you know what I mean.

We didn't stop anywhere until we reached The Land and entered the Soain' Fastpass line. Remember the itinerary that I posted earlier? No need to scroll up, I'll tell you that it didn't include Soarin'. I know that there's no way that we would have stood in a long line for Soarin' so I'm thinking that I was able to change that Spaceship Earth Fastpass to Soarin' which would have been a major woo-hoo but I guess that's what happened 'cause look:

DSCF1097 (768x1024).jpg

Oops, wait, that's not Soarin' that was on the way to Soarin'. This, this is Soarin'
DSCF1098 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1099 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1101 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1102 (1024x768).jpg
You all know that I'm scared of heights so I was fine with Row 3:
DSCF1103 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1104 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1105 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1106 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF1100 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF1100 (1024x768).jpg
    460 KB · Views: 6
California and France in Just One Day? It must be magic! Part 2

Yep, you gotta put your ears in the under the seat net too.

DSCF1107 (1024x768).jpg

As is always the case, Soarin' was fantastic! To ease my fear of heights, I just look to the side when we get to the part where we are about to soar over the top of the mountains and I'm all clear. While I am sad that Soarin' will be closed while we are there this coming May/June, I'm also excited to see the new version! Before leaving The Land, I snapped one quick picture on the way out.

DSCF1108 (1024x768).jpg

**Up next: Axe-ually we didn't go straight to France!

The most fantabulously beautimus gorgeousity known as the heavenly gates of Walt Disney World!

love it!:lovestruc

For some reason I thought I had commented on the previous update, but I guess not. Maybe it went to the same place my photos did.

Anyway, Beaches and Cream looked yummy and I agree, you're never too old for birthday balloons! Thanks for the tip on ordering chicken with my chicken sandwich.:rotfl2:

Soarin'...always a favorite!

I haven't been on Soarin since 2012. When the new film debuts I will have to make an effort to do so again. I do like the ride but I would rather FP Test Track.

I too am very excited to see the new movie.. I will miss the dot.. LOL!!!

AXE-ually?!?! Now you have my interest peaked!

Me loves Soarin too and am also upset that it will be closed during our May trip.....oh yeah, unfortunately our trips will NOT overlap. We'll be there from May 13 to 21st......:sad: Victoria keeps saying how is she ever going to travel with us to Disney once she's in college and I keep pointing out how Lacey joins you fairly often on your trips.....

The most fantabulously beautimus gorgeousity known as the heavenly gates of Walt Disney World!

love it!:lovestruc

Amen! I love driving under that arch and the feeling of being home.

For some reason I thought I had commented on the previous update, but I guess not. Maybe it went to the same place my photos did.

Anyway, Beaches and Cream looked yummy and I agree, you're never too old for birthday balloons! Thanks for the tip on ordering chicken with my chicken sandwich.:rotfl2:

Isn't that the craziest thing ever? Who brings out a bun and says that it's a hot dog?

Soarin'...always a favorite!

Sure is! I love Soarin'!

I haven't been on Soarin since 2012. When the new film debuts I will have to make an effort to do so again. I do like the ride but I would rather FP Test Track.

I'm glad that we get to visit Epcot twice so I can do Test Track on one day and Soarin on another.

I too am very excited to see the new movie.. I will miss the dot.. LOL!!!

AXE-ually?!?! Now you have my interest peaked!

THE DOT!

Coming up soon!

Me loves Soarin too and am also upset that it will be closed during our May trip.....oh yeah, unfortunately our trips will NOT overlap. We'll be there from May 13 to 21st......:sad: Victoria keeps saying how is she ever going to travel with us to Disney once she's in college and I keep pointing out how Lacey joins you fairly often on your trips.....

I bet that Victoria will change her mind when she realizes that there's no Disney unless she travels with you guys. LOL Lacey and Jesse were set to go again this coming trip but they are buying a home so grown up stuff has to come first. Boo!

Ah, Soarin'! I missed it so much when we were there in January but like you I can't wait to see the new version. I'm actually scared of heights myself but for some reason Soarin' doesn't bother me at all.

Im sure Pirates of the Caribbean being open this year will pacify the kids that Soarin will be closed...it kinda wasnt the same without Pirates last year...still sad about Soarin :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter