Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Two of my favorite WDW things! Big Thunder is my favorite of the mountains and Country Bear Jamboree is very nostalgic for me as it is my grandpas favorite show and who doesn't love Big Al!

Love your trip report so far! We will be in WDW in just over 2 weeks and your report is getting me pumped!
By the way BTMRR is one of my faves, I love your pics of it!

Once again I think your pictures on BTMR are better than you think they are! It's funny to see pictures of that ride, because now that we live in Southern Utah we see real versions of that scenery every day! :rotfl2:

Country Bear Jamboree is fun! I was actually surprised that George loved it so much our last trip he said we have to do it again on our honeymoon! :goodvibes

That's what Disney does. Memories!!! Loads and Loads of Memories! Love the story of your Mommy..
John was really truckin to get to the grand MK! Love it. I really hope one day we can meet in Disney! i want in on all your fun!!!

Your pictures on the wildest ride of the west were good! I do like the picture of you going into the tunnel!!! LOVE THAT!

Love your trip reports! I have read them all and enjoy your family adventures. Very entertaining and it makes up for any Disney depression. But we leave on Friday with our two Granddaughters, it's their first time.:yay::yay:

Two of my favorite WDW things! Big Thunder is my favorite of the mountains and Country Bear Jamboree is very nostalgic for me as it is my grandpas favorite show and who doesn't love Big Al!

Big Al is the best!

Love your trip report so far! We will be in WDW in just over 2 weeks and your report is getting me pumped!
By the way BTMRR is one of my faves, I love your pics of it!

Thank you! I'm glad that you are liking it! Just two weeks? I'm jealous!

Once again I think your pictures on BTMR are better than you think they are! It's funny to see pictures of that ride, because now that we live in Southern Utah we see real versions of that scenery every day! :rotfl2:

Country Bear Jamboree is fun! I was actually surprised that George loved it so much our last trip he said we have to do it again on our honeymoon! :goodvibes

What beautiful scenery that you have to enjoy every single day! It's been years since I've seen that kind of landscape.

That's what Disney does. Memories!!! Loads and Loads of Memories! Love the story of your Mommy..
John was really truckin to get to the grand MK! Love it. I really hope one day we can meet in Disney! i want in on all your fun!!!

Your pictures on the wildest ride of the west were good! I do like the picture of you going into the tunnel!!! LOVE THAT!

Heck yeah, we gotta make sure that one day we get to the world at the same time!

Love your trip reports! I have read them all and enjoy your family adventures. Very entertaining and it makes up for any Disney depression. But we leave on Friday with our two Granddaughters, it's their first time.:yay::yay:

Thank you! I hope that you'll continue to post. Friday! Friday! Will you be writing a trip report?

Very cute update and we totally believe you about John and his smiley faces!!! Lisa, I have to tell you, I do think the bears have been doing the same routine for quite a while now.....How about Max on the wall? Now, he's the real star, don't ya think??!!!

I have pretty much given up on telling John to smile 'cause he's just going to either sit there or do a smirk. Oh yeah, Max and Al are my favorites!

I forgot how enjoyable Country Bear Jamboree is to watch. I took the time to watch in over my New Years trip and it was surprisingly funny.

John was ahead of you! Nothing gets a vacation started then getting to MK, he must have been ready!
Your Mama story cracked me up. Sounds like something she would say.
Husband and I were just talking this week about the walk from MK bus stop to the Contemporary. Is it far?
We are thinking of trying the California Grill for anniversary. We will probably go back to CBR from whatever park we're at to get ready. So how would you travel from CBR to CG?
Also hope you don't mind, since I'm seem to be full of questions, what would be your top 3 picks for an anniversary dinner?
Husband not a jacket, V&A guy.
Thank for some pictures of the new hub area. Great first picks. Buzz, BTM and the Bear Jamboree.
When I think of the bears, I remember when grandparents came and my dad tripped on the porch going in and skinned his knee good.
They were nice and took him to first aid and put the rest of us in one of the front rows, then snuck him in with us later.
I thought it was nice that you can have such a nice laid back vacation that John & Hunter could just stop and play ring toss.
So I'm wondering.....how much money could you save?
You update titles can be quite creative that I'm never sure what really is next?:confused3

I've been off the dis for a long time. Time to read through the last 12 pages of this report.

You guys are having a great time! Skip will smile on vacation but usually it's some big fake smile. It's those unplanned real smiles I love. I know John has to have a good time because he wouldn't keep going year after year if he didn't. Wouldn't be nice if our guys just admitted they love it!

Hi Lisa!:wave2:

I finally jumped in and got all caught up on your latest adventure! Looks like you got off to a great start with the concert and MK. I'd say more but I'm still overwhelmed that Hunter ordered something other than pizza! I need to take a few minutes...

I forgot how enjoyable Country Bear Jamboree is to watch. I took the time to watch in over my New Years trip and it was surprisingly funny.

We really like the bears and have to see them every trip.

John was ahead of you! Nothing gets a vacation started then getting to MK, he must have been ready!

He was ready to hit the park!

Your Mama story cracked me up. Sounds like something she would say.

Mama is so funny at times!

Husband and I were just talking this week about the walk from MK bus stop to the Contemporary. Is it far?

It's not a long long way but it is not just a hop, skip and a jump. It's a hop hop, skip skip and two jumps.

We are thinking of trying the California Grill for anniversary. We will probably go back to CBR from whatever park we're at to get ready. So how would you travel from CBR to CG?

Your best bet would be to hop on a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then you have two choices. Either walk to Disney's Contemporary via the walkway just beyond the bus stop or you could walk to the monorail station and take the resort monorail. I'm not good with guessing how far it is from Point A to Point B but I think that the walk is almost the same either way.

Also hope you don't mind, since I'm seem to be full of questions, what would be your top 3 picks for an anniversary dinner?
Husband not a jacket, V&A guy.

John is NOT a jacket kind of guy either! He is a preacher's kid and had to dress up the majority of his younger years. Let's see, top 3:

1) Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West. It is not fancy at all and has a laid back atmosphere. The food is delicious and the service is fantastic! If you want to go to Disney Springs after dinner, you can take a boat to Disney Springs. To get to Olivia's, you could take a bus to any of the parks and then transfer to an Old Key West bus. Or you could go to Disney Springs and catch a bus from there. I'd suggest the first option unless it's at park closing.

2) Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. It is a little on the fancy side but you can dress casually...no suit, no ties, just cute dress and guys can wear dress shorts. Having said that, I've seen people in full-on park attire there too. We have had dinner there twice and loved it both times. Afterwards, you can stroll the grounds and see Cinderella Castle across the water. To get to Grand Floridian Cafe, take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then either take the resort monorail to the Grand or take a boat to the Grand.

3) Hum this is a hard one because I'm not sure if you are looking for someplace nice and quiet or someplace a little more lively. For quiet, I'd say The Wave at Disney's Contemporay. For a little more on the lively side, Crossroads at House of Blues at Disney Springs.

Thank for some pictures of the new hub area. Great first picks. Buzz, BTM and the Bear Jamboree.
When I think of the bears, I remember when grandparents came and my dad tripped on the porch going in and skinned his knee good.
They were nice and took him to first aid and put the rest of us in one of the front rows, then snuck him in with us later.

Oh my! That's quite the memory! I had a lady trip over while trying to get past me on the benches in the theater. She slipped and grabbed hold of my leg. I had claw marks all down my leg from where she grabbed me.

I thought it was nice that you can have such a nice laid back vacation that John & Hunter could just stop and play ring toss.

That's why we love longer trips. We don't feel as rushed but I'd take a short trip over no trip at all!

So I'm wondering.....how much money could you save?
You update titles can be quite creative that I'm never sure what really is next?:confused3

Coming up next!

Country Bears is a must do for us too. I just love animatronics. How are you going to save money?

Coming right up!

I've been off the dis for a long time. Time to read through the last 12 pages of this report.

Hello stranger! So glad to have you back!

I would LOVE THAT!!!

Me tooooooo!

You guys are having a great time! Skip will smile on vacation but usually it's some big fake smile. It's those unplanned real smiles I love. I know John has to have a good time because he wouldn't keep going year after year if he didn't. Wouldn't be nice if our guys just admitted they love it!

That's John! Then I'll tell him that he looks like a goof with that fake smile and he laughs at me. Goofus!

Hi Lisa!:wave2:

I finally jumped in and got all caught up on your latest adventure! Looks like you got off to a great start with the concert and MK. I'd say more but I'm still overwhelmed that Hunter ordered something other than pizza! I need to take a few minutes...

Mark! Mark? Mark? Oh there you are, down on the floor after fainting from the fact that Hunter didn't order pizza. Welcome!

Do you know how much money you'd save us if you bought that!?!?!

After a couple of games of ring toss, we left Magic Kingdom and made our way to the resort monorail station. We were headed to our next birthday celebration!

I took these pictures while standing at the monorail station.

DSCF0722 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0723 (1024x768).jpg

The monorail came and we had a car all to ourselves.

DSCF0725 (768x1024).jpg

We didn't get far before we heard the ding and we were stopping on the tracks and I didn't complain because we had plenty of time and we did have a nice view.

DSCF0727 (768x1024).jpg

We started moving again and I though, why not try getting a picture of Bay Lake Tower. I was surprised that I got a decent shot.

DSCF0729 (1024x768).jpg

And a couple of pictures that I took while sitting at Disney's Contemporary Resort station.

DSCF0730 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0731 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Do you know how much money you'd save us if you bought that!?!?! Continued

The monorail pulled into Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, that's our stop! Hunter had chosen Ohana as his birthday dinner restaurant but we were a little early so we walked around the store a bit.

DSCF0734 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0735 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0736 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0737 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0738 (768x1024).jpg

There was a small display of various plants and two of them caught my eye. I know that I took at least two pictures but I can't find them anywhere. They've disappeared, vamoosed, gone. One of the plants was a money tree which seems quite appropriate because we all know that Disney wants us to have money growing on trees so that we can return. The other was a coffee tree. John drinks coffee all day long. We go through coffee like s through a goose. (nice visual huh?) I turned to John and said "Do you know how much money you'd save us if you bought that!?!?!" If I truly thought that it would have grown in Louisiana, I'd have bought one or two or three in a heartbeat.

**Up next: Cousin, can I get some more of this and that and maybe those? Now that's a real smile!

Attachments

• DSCF0739 (768x1024).jpg
    DSCF0739 (768x1024).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
Looks like I was behind an update or two.

I just love, love, love Big Thunder Mountain. I went on with Teena and another friend. They had not been through the refurbed standby line, so we all had fun playing with the interactive toys in there. I just saw today about a refurb on the ride (boo!) where they will be putting in the explosive ending like at Disneyland (yay!)

I liked your pictures. You may not have gotten the pictures that you wanted to because of your slow camera, but I like the ones you posted.

It has been quite a spell since we have been to the Country Bears. Mark and I have seen the show many times, but If I had to guess, I would say the last time we went was on the boys first trip in 2004... Your pictures from the show are amazing, especially the ones of good ole Big Al.

Too funny about watching people have trouble getting in. I seem to remember that being an issue oh so long ago.

:goodvibes

Really nice pictures from the monorail station and from the monorail. Love the picture you took of BLT.

I could use one of those coffee trees, too!

Can't wait to read about and see the pictures from Hunter's BD pick.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter