Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

It's gonna be difficult for me to change my thinking from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs. I think I like the former better. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

Great pics - tell Hunter his face might stick like that. LOL o_O

If I didn't write Disney Springs a lot for Magial DIStractions, I'd probably still be saying Downtown Disney.

It's so funny that you said that! I told Hunter "do you want your face to stick like that?"

Hunter's facial expressions are hilarious! He is so funny.

Disney Springs looks nice. It has been 3 years since we took time to go to Downtown Disney. The new shops are making me think about including a visit there on our Feb trip. I have two boys who would love that super hero store.

Hunter and Lacey have always taken goofy pictures with my camera and now with my phone.

Oh goodness, you need to get to Disney Springs. It took us probably ten trips to Disney World before we went to Downtown Disney. Now I can't imagine going to WDW and not going to DTD.

wow just saw your caribbean beach resort pics if I ever get back to WDW again I think I want to saty there again

Aren't the rooms fabulous!?!

Stupid DIS wasn't alerting me on the new posts!!

I'm so glad you made it to the room and got checked in, with the obligatory tons of pictures! I just love the new rooms and I knew you would too!

George and I cannot wait to see all the new stuff at Disney Springs. You got some really great pictures, as did Hunter! :rotfl2:

Girl, it's okay. The notifications come and go for me too.

I'm still so excited about your upcoming marriage and honeymoon in Disney!

The new rooms at CBR look nice! I love the pineapple shaped table.

I haven't kept up with Disney Springs progress, so I had no idea there was a superhero store there now.
Glad there weren't as many walls up this time around. At least it looked like progress was made in the last year.

It opened while we were there. It's not a big shop but it sure did have a lot of stuff for Guests to buy.

I also have not been getting notifications and I haven't had time to wander over and check out the trip report forum.

So, now, it truly is "Welcome Home"

I'd say your first meal was a success! The food looked excellent.

Great looking rooms! Does this mean we won't have to collect bail money for this trip because you won't be trying to sneak a peek?

I totally understand taking all those room pictures. SOMEBODY, SOMEDAY may want to see them or know something (we once had a question about how many hangers in the room- can't remember the answer, but you can request more from mousekeeping).

BTW- Did you feel your ears burning? I sent the link to the CBR thread and mentioned your name to my hairstylist who is considering staying there next fall on her first Disney trip with her family.

Sounds like a successful trip to Disney Springs. It's amazing to see how much can change from year to year.

::yes::

I was behind too.
Glad you made it safely but I understand about the crazy drivers there. That's why I prefer to hop a bus. Too many people driving there that don't know their way and just get a little wreckless.
I am loving the new DTD/Disney Springs photos. It was complete walls the last time I was there as well.

Disney Springs is constantly changing these days. I can't wait to see it in January. I am not a huge Marvel fan but I might stop in there to check it out.

Hunters photos are as funny as usual.

Interested to see how that comfort zone is tested.

It IS definitely changing and there seems to be something new added every day.

With Hunter, you know there's always going to be some funny pics.

OMG! Hunter's face in those pictures! I'm cracking up at work.

I didn't know there was a new super heroes store! How the heck did we miss that? Probably because it was raining when we went to DD and we spent most of the time running from the rain. Next time for sure! Jason would love that store.

That boy is crazy! I never know what kind of pictures I'll have when he's in control of the camera.

The new store is near the food trucks so you'll have to look next time y'all are there.

You're there, barely it sounds like it. Fender Benders are not allowed on vacation.
Aww....CBR! Thanks for the pictures. I can't wait. Since we honeymooned there in 1991, we've always stay there (only 5 trips). Booked for anniversary trip 2016. The queen beds will be nice! Wondering...why do you request Jamaica?
Quiet? bus stop? Because kids were small and sometimes we had grandparent, we stayed close to OPR. Worried it could be quite a trek. Now that we're older maybe it still would be:rotfl2:
Love the Hunter pictures thrown in. Boy has he grown up.
You've been a posting maniac! You're on a roll. :cheer2:Go Lisa Go!

I hate driving in busy traffic and almost getting run into so close to home was so not cool!

Well, let's see, why do we like Jamaica so much? It's is one of the first bus stops to pick up and let off. It has always been a quiet area. Yellow is really pretty. LOL

LOVE that you started a new TR!! Can't wait to read more!

Does Hunter eat something other than a pizza????

I'm so glad that you are here! I hope to get another post done tomorrow so you shall see if he does eat something other than pizza.

I'm here and all caught up. Glad to see you made it OK. Hunters pictures gave River a case of the giggles!

Welcome! I haven't seen you in a while! How old is River now?

Oh Boy!!! I did not know there was a new Super Hero store at Disney Springs. That will definitely be on our Must Do list!! Our family are BIG super hero fans. We own all of the Avengers movies and we LOVE Agents of Shield. My crew will go NUTS in that store! I tell you what, Disney buying out Marvel and Star Wars is the best thing that ever happened to our family, it made my DH as big a Disney fan as I am! Yeah baby!

Oh my...does Hunter eat something besides pizza????

Yes m'am. The store is near the food truck area at Disney Springs. We didn't look around too much but there was a lot of stuff there.

Holy Moly.. I am here but will take a while to get caught up!!!

Welcome Mo!

Awesome updates! Yay~! You're on Disney property! I've heard that Disney Springs construction traffic is just a mess, so we're planning to either take the bus or the boat from Port Orleans French Quarter. Great pics as always Lisa!

Oh yeah, definitely take the boat or bus, it's so much nicer when Disney does the driving for you!

We were there Wednesday-Saturday and Disney Springs looks great! Many less walls it seems than when we were there in June. We ate at Morimoto and loved it.

I'm in the process of planning my next trip - shocker! - and hope to go at Halloween so I am even happier to have your trip report to tag along with! Usually I like to go the first week of June due to my birthday but we had so much fun at MVMCP that I want to do NSSHP!

I'm so glad to hear that there are fewer walls up! I was impressed with it back in May so I'm sure that I'll be super impressed when we get back.

YAY!!! I am Caught up!!!
too much to say so i will give the short version
YAY for leaving early.
Yes driving to Florida is the most boring drive EVER my car stinks after these drives too
No better feeling than seeing the gates of Disney!
So awesome your room was ready moments later!
Hunter seriously cracks me up!
Disney springs is cute.. Just not really the Disney vibe.
Did you see the aqua ducks?
Ohhh Your saying he got something besides PIZZA?!?!

Yay for being caught up!

Ugh that we've been driving for a long time car smell!

I agree that the Disney vibe isn't what it used to be at Disney Springs but I still enjoy going there.

Yep we say the aqua car things! We looked into taking a ride in one...until we saw the price!

I also have not been getting notifications and I haven't had time to wander over and check out the trip report forum.

So, now, it truly is "Welcome Home"

I'd say your first meal was a success! The food looked excellent.

Great looking rooms! Does this mean we won't have to collect bail money for this trip because you won't be trying to sneak a peek?

Keepin' the bail money for spending money this time around!

I totally understand taking all those room pictures. SOMEBODY, SOMEDAY may want to see them or know something (we once had a question about how many hangers in the room- can't remember the answer, but you can request more from mousekeeping).

See, I knew that you would understand the need for all the pictures!

BTW- Did you feel your ears burning? I sent the link to the CBR thread and mentioned your name to my hairstylist who is considering staying there next fall on her first Disney trip with her family.

If she has any questions, message me and I'll send you my email address.

Sounds like a successful trip to Disney Springs. It's amazing to see how much can change from year to year.

::yes::

I was behind too.
Glad you made it safely but I understand about the crazy drivers there. That's why I prefer to hop a bus. Too many people driving there that don't know their way and just get a little wreckless.
I am loving the new DTD/Disney Springs photos. It was complete walls the last time I was there as well.

Every since the "improvements" to the Dis, my notifactions have been screwed up!

Oh yeah, I do NOT drive on Disney property. Once we park the car at our resort, it stays there.

Hunter steps outside of his comfort zone! For real! He really does!

After exploring the Westside of Disney Springs, we walked through Pleasure Island or whatever it is called now. The Landing, yeah that's what it is called now. It was getting pretty crowded because it was a Saturday night and there were quite a few performers out as well. By the time we made it back to Marketplace, we realized that we were hungry again. It didn't take us long to figure out where we were going to eat...
Wolfgang Puck Express! After trying it several years ago, it is at the top of our list of favorite counter service eateries.

The wait was out the door but, given that the registers were not far from the restaurant entance, even the out the door wait wasn't too long. We were hungry but not hungry hungry or hangry hungry. We placed our orders and because the indoor seating was pretty crowded, we decide to eat outside.

DSCF0610 (1024x768).jpg

We placed our number on the table and sat and enjoyed the evening.

DSCF0609 (768x1024).jpg

It was nice out and it was good to sit down after walking the length of Disney Springs and back again. I know that we weren't in a true Disney park but we were at Walt Disney World! We were together again at our favorite place in the world! It felt so good to be back home!

Like I said, I wasn't super hungry so I ordered something less filling, Chicken Noodle Soup - Carrots, Chives

DSCF0612 (1024x768).jpg

John ordered the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwich- Smoked Mozzarella, Garlic Aioli, Crispy Onion Strings - Served with House-Made Chips. He substituted fries. I am always surprised when he orders this because he doesn't like meatloaf.

DSCF0613 (1024x768).jpg

And then, are you ready for it? Hunter stepped outside of his comfort zone and ordered something besides pizza. He ordered the Chicken Meatball Sandwich - Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato Sauce - Served with House-Made Chips which he substituted for fries. I know that this looks almost like John's sandwich but it was different. The meatballs were sliced and there was tomato sauce on it which kinda sorta tasted like a pizza sauce so he, of course, loved it.

DSCF0614 (1024x768).jpg

As I said, it was so nice to be back in Walt Disney World so, even after our meal, we lingered for a bit so that we could soak it all in. After a while, we walked over to the bus stop and there were cast members directing people to the correct stops. To me, the Disney Springs bus line have always been a bit confusing and judging by the looks on other's faces, they were confused as well. We got into the line for Caribbean Beach and after waiting about ten minutes for a bus, we were on our way back to the resort.

Before going to bed, I remembered that I hadn't taken pictures of the safe. I need those so that I could post them on the CBR info thread. The new safes are larger than the previous ones. We were able to fit Hunter's laptop, John's meds, three wallets and our keys in the safe and still had room.

DSCF0615 (768x1024).jpg

I also like that they are now key pad locks and not the old key type.

DSCF0616 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0617 (768x1024).jpg

We watched a little television but were soon fast asleep. Tomorrow was Hunter's birthday and we were going to celebrate by trying something new!

**Continued: Singin' Shoutin' and Feeding Our Souls! Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

Oh goodness...those sandwiches look DELICIOUS! Too bad I am no longer a bread eater... unless it is gluten free. Those look good enough to deconstruct and eat without bread, though. That would still be filling with the fries. too. Oh, just ignore me while I self talk about possible GF meal choices at Disney. :rolleyes1

Yay, my favorite place to eat in DTD...err, Disney Springs. That Chicken Noodle Soup looks delicious, as do the two sandwiches! You all made great choices, and I almost :faint: when I saw Hunter did not get the pizza there, especially since their's is so yummy! :rotfl2:

I missed a few updates, but I am caught up now! I'll probably fall behind again with the holidays, but oh well!

Great room pics! I love the new look at the Caribbean Beach!

I know it isn't a Disney Park, but Disney Springs feels like a Disney Park to me!

I'm joining this party!! Absolutely loving your report! Have stayed away from Dis due to a severe bout of Post Disney Blues (and have procrastinated doing our TR as a result!) but this has lured me back big time!! Can't wait for your next instalment :)

We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in June and also liked it! I got a salad that was great and I think my boyfriend got a burger but I'm a bit foggy on that now. I just love Disney Springs now that everything seems to be sorting itself out construction-wise. We had so little time this past trip but we'll definitely be spending more time next trip!

I know that we weren't in a true Disney park but we were at Walt Disney World! We were together again at our favorite place in the world! It felt so good to be back home!
I am up to date and following along. It is so true. It does not matter if it is at a Disney hotel, Disney Springs, or at a park... ITS WALT DISNEY WORLD and that means home! I look forward to reading more about your trip. Thanks for sharing.

Hey y'all! Just wanted to pop in during this busy Christmas holiday week. I'll be getting to replies in just a bit. My next update should be a big one because it will include lots of pictures and a review. But, I don't know that I can get it all done before the holiday. I'm going to work on it though. Hope that everybody has their shopping done and are looking forward to all the delicious food and goodies that come with the holidays.

In the meantime, I had an article post to the Magical DIStractions site today. It features some throw back pictures and a video from our most recent trip. http://*******************.com/the-...-streetmosphere-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Last edited:
Yay for Hunter breaking out and trying new things. of course it was pizza related! LOL

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hi, Lisa! I am so sorry I'm just now getting to read this update. I didn't realize how late I was in getting to it! I am super proud of Hunter for trying something new. :yay: It can be hard stepping outside of your comfort zone! Mitchell's go to is always a hamburger, so I know how thrilled I'll be if he ever orders anything different. Hasn't happened yet, though! :P

I'm looking forward to hearing about the birthday festivities.

All caught up. We love Wolfgang Puck too. I will have to try that meatloaf sandwich next time. It looks divine. Love Hunter's silly faces. Priceless. Looking forward to the next update. Happy New Year to you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter