Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Yay! You're in your room! :yay: The pics are great. Very detailed. I really like the pineapple base on that table. So islandy. :smooth:

Wow, there was quite a difference in our room compared to yours. No wonder you were interested in my pictures!

Next stay or room should look like yours because ds isn't using his wheelchair anymore.

How fun to see someone from the DIS that you know.

JJ is so much like Hunter when it comes to pizza. That's the only food he ate at the resorts during SWW.

This is nice and all but let's get outta here!

We unpacked our bags and placed everything where it needed to be. I was ticked at myself because I forgot to bring the two hanging storage thingies. I had one that was an over the door but I forgot the two that I usually bring to hang in the closet and put our shoes in. They normally stay in the suitcases all year round so that I won't forget them but I ended up leaving them in our extra bedroom when I was trying to see what needed to be brought along and what could stay at home. This meant that we had shoes tucked here and there and everywhere. I not only overpack clothes and "junk", I also overpack when it comes to shoes which is pretty funny because I am so not a shoe person. Between the three of us, we had everything put away and we were settled in for our two week stay.

There are some folks who are perfectly happy to sit around and do nothin' but I am not one of them. I need to be doing something. Even when I am at home, I do the same thing. I can't just sit and watch a movie, I need to be fiddling with a craft or folding clothes. I know that vacations are supposed to be all about relaxing, getting away from it all and having a good time. I know that but I can't do that. So, after making sure that everything was in its place, I was ready to get outta there!

We had a very special event taking place the next day and in order to attend, we needed tickets in our hands. Tickets that needed to be picked up at a location other than our resort. We headed out to the bus stop and waited on a bus to Downtown Disney (which, I am sure that all of you know is now Disney Springs). Our first bus ride of the trip! Lucky for us, a bus came within minutes of us getting to the bus stop and we were on our way to our first Disney destination! The road construction was absolutely horrible. Thank gosh, we let Disney do the driving for us and we were there in short time.

At the time of our visit, construction at Downtown Disney seemed to be everywhere though not even as bad our our 2014 trip when it was construction wall mazes. The first place that we wanted to go was to the House of Blues Ticket Booth. We were treating Hunter to a very special birthday celebration the next day and I had to pick up our tickets. There were just two people at the window and I had our tickets in hand in less than five minutes.

Then, we went our exploring. I am not sure that all of you know that I write and edit for the Magical DIStractions site and I had a fellow editor ask that I take pictures of the new (then it was new) Super Heroes Store so that the site could do a news story. Of course, I obliged! But, not before I took a picture of the new parking building.

DSCF0587 (1024x768).jpg

I'm not a super hero fan at all.I can tell you the names of the basic older characters like Spiderman, Batman and Hulk, after that, I am clueless. But, I took pictures of everything (this is not all, I had a lot on my phone)

DSCF0588 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0589 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0590 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0591 (768x1024).jpg DSCF0591 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0592 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0593 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0594 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0595 (1024x768).jpg
DSCF0596 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

This is nice and all but let's get outta here!

Pictures taken, we strolled around Downtown Disney stopping to look here and there and see the new stores and restaurants. A lot had changed since our 2014 trip. The BOATHOUSE restaurant had opened.

DSCF0597 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0598 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0599 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0601 (1024x768).jpg

No trip to Downtown Disney would be complete without a stop at the World of Disney.

DSCF0602 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0603 (1024x768).jpg
DSCF0606 (1024x768).jpg

I found something that I needed to purchase (can't remember what because we returned several times) so Hunter called his Mamaw to check in with her and I got another goofy picture while he was in control of the camera. Looks like this is his new signature face.

DSCF0605 (1024x768).jpg

It was John's turn to talk:
DSCF0607 (1024x768).jpg

And when I returned, I got in on the silliness:
DSCF0608 (768x1024).jpg

**Coming up: Hunter steps outside of his comfort zone! For real! He really does!

Yay! You're in your room! :yay: The pics are great. Very detailed. I really like the pineapple base on that table. So islandy. :smooth:

The whole room had an islandy feel and I loved it!

Wow, there was quite a difference in our room compared to yours. No wonder you were interested in my pictures!

Next stay or room should look like yours because ds isn't using his wheelchair anymore.

How fun to see someone from the DIS that you know.

JJ is so much like Hunter when it comes to pizza. That's the only food he ate at the resorts during SWW.

Now you see why I didn't know how to answer when you texted and asked where we put our things in the room! The accessible rooms are a lot different.

I am sure that you are like me..pizza is better than not eating at all.

It's gonna be difficult for me to change my thinking from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs. I think I like the former better. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

Great pics - tell Hunter his face might stick like that. LOL o_O

Hunter's facial expressions are hilarious! He is so funny.

Disney Springs looks nice. It has been 3 years since we took time to go to Downtown Disney. The new shops are making me think about including a visit there on our Feb trip. I have two boys who would love that super hero store.

Stupid DIS wasn't alerting me on the new posts!!

I'm so glad you made it to the room and got checked in, with the obligatory tons of pictures! I just love the new rooms and I knew you would too!

George and I cannot wait to see all the new stuff at Disney Springs. You got some really great pictures, as did Hunter! :rotfl2:

The new rooms at CBR look nice! I love the pineapple shaped table.

I haven't kept up with Disney Springs progress, so I had no idea there was a superhero store there now.
Glad there weren't as many walls up this time around. At least it looked like progress was made in the last year.

Disney Springs is constantly changing these days. I can't wait to see it in January. I am not a huge Marvel fan but I might stop in there to check it out.

Hunters photos are as funny as usual.

Interested to see how that comfort zone is tested.

OMG! Hunter's face in those pictures! I'm cracking up at work.

I didn't know there was a new super heroes store! How the heck did we miss that? Probably because it was raining when we went to DD and we spent most of the time running from the rain. Next time for sure! Jason would love that store.

You're there, barely it sounds like it. Fender Benders are not allowed on vacation.
Aww....CBR! Thanks for the pictures. I can't wait. Since we honeymooned there in 1991, we've always stay there (only 5 trips). Booked for anniversary trip 2016. The queen beds will be nice! Wondering...why do you request Jamaica?
Quiet? bus stop? Because kids were small and sometimes we had grandparent, we stayed close to OPR. Worried it could be quite a trek. Now that we're older maybe it still would be:rotfl2:
Love the Hunter pictures thrown in. Boy has he grown up.
You've been a posting maniac! You're on a roll. :cheer2:Go Lisa Go!

LOVE that you started a new TR!! Can't wait to read more!

Does Hunter eat something other than a pizza????

I'm here and all caught up. Glad to see you made it OK. Hunters pictures gave River a case of the giggles!

Oh Boy!!! I did not know there was a new Super Hero store at Disney Springs. That will definitely be on our Must Do list!! Our family are BIG super hero fans. We own all of the Avengers movies and we LOVE Agents of Shield. My crew will go NUTS in that store! I tell you what, Disney buying out Marvel and Star Wars is the best thing that ever happened to our family, it made my DH as big a Disney fan as I am! Yeah baby!

Oh my...does Hunter eat something besides pizza????

Awesome updates! Yay~! You're on Disney property! I've heard that Disney Springs construction traffic is just a mess, so we're planning to either take the bus or the boat from Port Orleans French Quarter. Great pics as always Lisa!

We were there Wednesday-Saturday and Disney Springs looks great! Many less walls it seems than when we were there in June. We ate at Morimoto and loved it.

I'm in the process of planning my next trip - shocker! - and hope to go at Halloween so I am even happier to have your trip report to tag along with! Usually I like to go the first week of June due to my birthday but we had so much fun at MVMCP that I want to do NSSHP!

YAY!!! I am Caught up!!!
too much to say so i will give the short version
YAY for leaving early.
Yes driving to Florida is the most boring drive EVER my car stinks after these drives too
No better feeling than seeing the gates of Disney!
So awesome your room was ready moments later!
Hunter seriously cracks me up!
Disney springs is cute.. Just not really the Disney vibe.
Did you see the aqua ducks?
Ohhh Your saying he got something besides PIZZA?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter