Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Off to a great start! We love the Robertsons! I follow all of them on Twitter. MMMM, now I am in the mood for canned cheese! LOL

It usually doesn't take us quite so long to make it to Mobile but, when factoring in almost an hour in traffic, it was about right.
DSCF0501 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0503 (1024x768).jpg

It was at this point of the 2014 drive that we got stuck in construction. We were happy to see that there were no workers there and traffic was flowly freely.
DSCF0505 (1024x768).jpg

Of course, when we got in the tunnel, I had to honk the horn. I mean, who doesn't honk their horn in a tunnel? Oh you don't? Oops, I always do.
DSCF0506 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0508 (1024x768).jpg

Once we got through Mobile, the driving was easy. All Interstate and traffic moved along at a normal pace. We drove until 11:30 p.m. before we stopped for the night. According to my itinerary/mapquest/hotels.com notes, drive time from our house to Marianna: 7 hours 53 minutes 490.10 miles. Of course, when you use Mapquest, it doesn't allow for gas stops, potty breaks, traffic jams, etc.

We have always had good luck with Comfort Inns and when we saw one near an exit, that's where we stopped. We were all tired and ready to hit the sack so, unless the hotel was pretty ratty, we were ready to bunk for the night. John went in, got us a good rate and we were settling into our room in no time.

DSCF0515 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0516 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0517 (768x1024).jpg

I came out of the bathroom and saw Hunter with his shorts on his head. Don't have a clue what was up but I'm sure that he did it just to make us laugh and, of course, we did.

DSCF0518 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: On the road again! I just can't wait to be on the road again! Sing it Willie!

Way to go Lisa! Keep those installments coming:-)
Glad you got on the road at a fairly early time. Much better than 5-6:00 would have been.
CBR here they come!

Yay for the first installment! So glad to hear that the Robertson's have remained humble during their rise to "celebrity" status. This household shares their religious beliefs and enjoys their show. Y'all are so considerate to update Mama during your travels. I guess we never stop worrying about our children regardless of how old they are. My cousin and I were discussing this one day and she added that when they have children you worry about them too. The cycle never ends. I thought "oh great" since I am a major worrier.

Looking forward to your next installment.

We always honk in the tunnels, too. Even funnier, one time Brian and I took a getaway weekend to Gatlinburg. We decided to get wild and crazy, and rented a Mustang for the weekend....so Brian had to rev that engine in the tunnel! LOL

Off to a great start Lisa!! You drove quite a while despite the traffic hold up.

Great update! We live in Wisconsin so driving is about 20-21 hours so we fly instead of wasting that valuable vacation time.

That is so cool that the robertsons are just so normal outside of it all. I watch the show and I actually went to see them when a few of them came to Milwaukee.

Yay....Day 1. It always feels so exciting when you pull out on your drive to WDW. :drive: :yay:

Our drive is about 13.5 hours without stops to WDW. I like to break it over two days too. I know I could make it in one day, but I end up leaving after school or work too. The plan is always to drive as far as possible and then hopefully find a decent hotel.

I'm with you on the planning, I plan quite a bit, but not down to the minute either!

Sorry you hit traffic, but glad you otherwise made good time. And :rotfl2: at Hunter with the shorts on his head!

Off to a great start! We love the Robertsons! I follow all of them on Twitter. MMMM, now I am in the mood for canned cheese! LOL

They really are a great family and are so generous with their time and efforts to our community!

Way to go Lisa! Keep those installments coming:-)
Glad you got on the road at a fairly early time. Much better than 5-6:00 would have been.
CBR here they come!

Heck yeah, I'd take 1:50 over 5:50 anyday!

Yay for the first installment! So glad to hear that the Robertson's have remained humble during their rise to "celebrity" status. This household shares their religious beliefs and enjoys their show. Y'all are so considerate to update Mama during your travels. I guess we never stop worrying about our children regardless of how old they are. My cousin and I were discussing this one day and she added that when they have children you worry about them too. The cycle never ends. I thought "oh great" since I am a major worrier.

Looking forward to your next installment.

The Robertsons are so down to Earth and so generous with their time.

It is so odd that you said that about your conversation with your cousin because I had the same one with MY cousin last week.

Off to a great start Lisa!! You drove quite a while despite the traffic hold up.

I was so happy to get so many miles under our belt!

Great update! We live in Wisconsin so driving is about 20-21 hours so we fly instead of wasting that valuable vacation time.

That is so cool that the robertsons are just so normal outside of it all. I watch the show and I actually went to see them when a few of them came to Milwaukee.

Wow! 20-21 hours is a long time to be on the road!

How neat that you went to see the Robertsons! There is a Heart to Home Conference coming up here and I want to get tickets to go.

Yay....Day 1. It always feels so exciting when you pull out on your drive to WDW. :drive: :yay:

Our drive is about 13.5 hours without stops to WDW. I like to break it over two days too. I know I could make it in one day, but I end up leaving after school or work too. The plan is always to drive as far as possible and then hopefully find a decent hotel.

It sure is! Just knowing that you are on your way makes it so exciting!

Your drive is about the same as our's then. It makes it so much easier knowing that you don't have to push it and make the drive at one time.

I'm with you on the planning, I plan quite a bit, but not down to the minute either!

Sorry you hit traffic, but glad you otherwise made good time. And :rotfl2: at Hunter with the shorts on his head!

I know you and your planning skills!

Hunter is always making us laugh with his goofy antics.

Ahhh loved the first installments! I'm at work at my ice cold law firm huddled by the space heater with a stomach ache, so I was even more excited to read!

Ahhh loved the first installments! I'm at work at my ice cold law firm huddled by the space heater with a stomach ache, so I was even more excited to read!

Bless your heart! I hope that you feel better soon! I am huddled up with a space heater too in an old law office but at least I am not sick. I'll say a quick prayer that you feel better quickly.

Pumped to see your new trip report up!! Just finished the other one and it was wonderful!

I'm a spreadsheet and notes kinda gal. I don't plan every single thing that we do, minute by minute, but I like to have a plan. That includes our driving plans. We live over 800 miles away from Walt Disney World which means that, depending on the traffic, it can take anywhere from 13 to 16 hours to get there.

Me too. Planning a trip is part of the fun for me!

I know what you're thinking right now. She said that she doesn't plan every minute of their day but that itinerary shows otherwise. Well, you see, I like to think ahead, give us options. I was giving us options. Options on whether or not to stop sooner rather than later. Options on staying in a little town or a bigger town. Using MapQuest and Hotels.com, gave me those options. If we knew that we had another hour to drive to XYZ location and we were tired, we'd stop. But, if we just had to drive another 15/20 minutes to XYZ, we'd probably drive on and be a

Yup, part of the planning fun -- mapping out different options. I love having options. That way, nothing is set in stone, and you can kind of go with the flow, but still know what's available and going on.

Eventually, the traffic inched up and we realized that three of the vehicles that were beside us were being driven by some very famous television stars. Some of our neighbors. The Robertson family, of Duck Commander fame, were beside us. They weren't driving fancy vehicles and they weren't pulling a gigantic boat or rig. They were in plain ol' Suburbans and cars and were pulling what can only be described as an old small sailboat that looked to have been stored for a while. Now, I know that some don't like them. Some don't agree with their stance on religious beliefs. But, I am here to tell you that they have done amazing things for our community. They always always give back. They are humble and not at all stuck up folks. It is refreshing to see a "celebrity" (for lack of a better word) give back to their community and stay "normal".

We like the Robertsons, and enjoy the show. They are a fun bunch to watch!

At some point, the snacks were pulled out and John was in charge of passing out crackers and squirty cheese. He was doing a fine job too.

We love some squirty cheese and crackers on trips, too!

Of course, when we got in the tunnel, I had to honk the horn. I mean, who doesn't honk their horn in a tunnel? Oh you don't? Oops, I always do.

DH always has to honk in tunnels, too.

We have always had good luck with Comfort Inns and when we saw one near an exit, that's where we stopped. We were all tired and ready to hit the sack so, unless the hotel was pretty ratty, we were ready to bunk for the night. John went in, got us a good rate and we were settling into our room in no time.

Yup, Comfort Inns have always been good for us. Not really fancy, but usually clean and comfy for the night.

I'm a bit late joining in on your new report, but I'm loving it already. Can't wait to hear about the fun you guys have this time around!

Bless your heart! I hope that you feel better soon! I am huddled up with a space heater too in an old law office but at least I am not sick. I'll say a quick prayer that you feel better quickly.

Aw thank you! Luckily we seem to be quiet today so hopefully the medicine will take effect soon! A rare quiet day in a law office is always nice!

Hi Lisa! Just found your new report and can't wait to follow along!! Elizabeth and I are going back (just the two of us) in January!

Love reading your trip reports :thumbsup2 We leave for Disney in a little over two weeks, and this just keeps the excitement going! Thanks!

Donna

Aw thank you! Luckily we seem to be quiet today so hopefully the medicine will take effect soon! A rare quiet day in a law office is always nice!

Hope that you are feeling better!

Hi Lisa! Just found your new report and can't wait to follow along!! Elizabeth and I are going back (just the two of us) in January!

Hey Alan! What? A trip for just the big kids?! I am envious!

Love reading your trip reports :thumbsup2 We leave for Disney in a little over two weeks, and this just keeps the excitement going! Thanks!

Donna

Thanks Donna! I am jealous that your trip is coming up so soon when I have months to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter