Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

I'm starting a little late, but am so happy to see your new report. Although it makes me miss Disney so much!

I am a little late to the party, but I really enjoy your reports..We stayed in a pirate room the last time we were down to the world..With all the changes everywhere, it will be like visiting for the first time when I am able to get back..Am looking forward to reading the rest of your adventures...

Oh goodness...those sandwiches look DELICIOUS! Too bad I am no longer a bread eater... unless it is gluten free. Those look good enough to deconstruct and eat without bread, though. That would still be filling with the fries. too. Oh, just ignore me while I self talk about possible GF meal choices at Disney. :rolleyes1

I often deconstruct sandwiches too and I'm not even on a gluten free diet. I'm sure that you'll find plenty of foods to eat that are gluten free.

I have yet to eat at Wolfgang puck. One of these days I will though.

Definitely put it on your list. It's good!

Yay, my favorite place to eat in DTD...err, Disney Springs. That Chicken Noodle Soup looks delicious, as do the two sandwiches! You all made great choices, and I almost :faint: when I saw Hunter did not get the pizza there, especially since their's is so yummy! :rotfl2:

The soup was just what I needed to stop those hunger pains. Not too heavy but still plenty to eat. You know that Hunter debated whether or not to get the pizza.

I missed a few updates, but I am caught up now! I'll probably fall behind again with the holidays, but oh well!

Great room pics! I love the new look at the Caribbean Beach!

I know it isn't a Disney Park, but Disney Springs feels like a Disney Park to me!

Well, now that I've turned into a slacker in writing, you should be all caught up. I've not done a good job at writing over the holidays.

Heck yeah, Disney Springs is just like a park!

I'm joining this party!! Absolutely loving your report! Have stayed away from Dis due to a severe bout of Post Disney Blues (and have procrastinated doing our TR as a result!) but this has lured me back big time!! Can't wait for your next instalment :)

Welcome! Hope that I can help you fight those Disney blues!

We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in June and also liked it! I got a salad that was great and I think my boyfriend got a burger but I'm a bit foggy on that now. I just love Disney Springs now that everything seems to be sorting itself out construction-wise. We had so little time this past trip but we'll definitely be spending more time next trip!

Isn't it great!?! I love everything at Wolfgang Puck Express!

I am up to date and following along. It is so true. It does not matter if it is at a Disney hotel, Disney Springs, or at a park... ITS WALT DISNEY WORLD and that means home! I look forward to reading more about your trip. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Welcome aboard! You sound like me...as soon as I see any Disney sign, resort, etc., I'm at Walt Disney World!

Yay for Hunter breaking out and trying new things. of course it was pizza related! LOL

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Yeah, there was still a pizza element to his dish!

Just wanted to stop by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Thank you!

Hi, Lisa! I am so sorry I'm just now getting to read this update. I didn't realize how late I was in getting to it! I am super proud of Hunter for trying something new. :yay: It can be hard stepping outside of your comfort zone! Mitchell's go to is always a hamburger, so I know how thrilled I'll be if he ever orders anything different. Hasn't happened yet, though! :P

I'm looking forward to hearing about the birthday festivities.

Mel, I'm so behind with everything nowadays. Hunter knows that he can order pizza, burger or steak and he's set.

All caught up. We love Wolfgang Puck too. I will have to try that meatloaf sandwich next time. It looks divine. Love Hunter's silly faces. Priceless. Looking forward to the next update. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Hunter has so many silly face pictures! That boy is just plain old crazy! Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

So glad to read another MTT report! Wonderful as always.

Welcome aboard! I hope to get an update posted soon!

I'm starting a little late, but am so happy to see your new report. Although it makes me miss Disney so much!

It's is never too late to join in! Welcome aboard!

I am a little late to the party, but I really enjoy your reports..We stayed in a pirate room the last time we were down to the world..With all the changes everywhere, it will be like visiting for the first time when I am able to get back..Am looking forward to reading the rest of your adventures...

Welcome welcome welcome! Isn't it neat to see all of the new things popping up at "the world"? I'm excited to see what's new when we go back.

Can't wait to hear/see what's next!

I hope to get an update posted tomorrow!

Found you and all caught up :)

So happy to have you here! I'm glad that you found me!

HI!!!
Hope you had a FANTABLOUS Christmas and new years!!!
I think i am all caught up now!
Can't wait to read all about the BIRTHDAY FUN!!
and i am starving.. your Chicken soup and sandwiches look so GOOD!

HI!!!
Hope you had a FANTABLOUS Christmas and new years!!!
I think i am all caught up now!
Can't wait to read all about the BIRTHDAY FUN!!
and i am starving.. your Chicken soup and sandwiches look so GOOD!

Hey lady! I hope that y'all had a great holiday as well.

I wish that I had some of that chicken noodle soup for my lunch today. Instead, I had peanut butter and honey sandwich. So not the same!

Singin' Shoutin' and Feeding Our Souls! Happy Birthday!

May 24th was our day to celebrate! It was Hunter's birthday and we had some celebratin' to do! When making the plans for our trip, we knew that we wanted to do something different, something new, something that I hadn't read much about. We were going to Disney Springs and would be attending the House of Blues Gospel Brunch Concert! We hopped on a bus to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon and were dropped off at Disney Springs Marketplace since the Pleasure Island bus stop was no more. We made the walk through Marketplace and The Landing and were in Disney Springs West Side in no time at all. Because we had picked up our tickets the day before, we were able to join the line instead of stopping off at the ticket booth. The seating for the brunch is assigned so I wasn't worried when I saw that the line started near the venue door and extended out past The Smokehouse. You can get a perspective of the length of the line and where we were standing in the following picture:

DSCF0618 (1024x768).jpg

We hadn't been in line for more than a few minutes when these three talented ladies came out to entertain us.

DSCF0619 (1024x768).jpg

They did such a great job and had us clapping and singing along with them. It was like having a mini-church choir outside and it certainly helped to pass the time while we were waiting for the show. They left after a while and I took some pictures of our surroundings.
DSCF0620 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0621 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0623 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0622 (768x1024).jpg

After a short time, the line started moving and we rounded the corner and were facing the entrance to the venue. Once we got to the door, we were greeted and led to our table.

DSCF0624 (768x1024).jpg

As I said, the seating is assigned and there are several different areas from which to choose. I thought that I had saved the seating chart when I booked our tickets but I can't seem to find it. I just went to Ticketmaster and here's a screenshot of what's on their site. The tables directly in front of the stage are on the floor and seat up to, I believe, six people. Then, there are two small tables and two six seater tables to the left and right of those. In the back "on the floor" are small two seat tables. So, the first four rows of seats are on the floor. Just a step up from the floor are several tables that seat six and some that seat two.We were on this level, Level 1 and were seated at table 51 which would seat six. There were numbers in front of each chair because you purchased exact seats. We had purchased seats 3, 4 and 5. Unless you were a party of six, you were to sit in your assigned seat at the table. Oh and see those long dash like lines at the very back of the picture? Those are upstairs and are called lodge and pews and there was a long communal type table in front of the pews. Gosh, all that sounded confusing but it really wasn't.

House-of-Blues-Orlando-concert-seating.gif

Just as we were seated, a couple, probably in their mid-50s were led to our table and they were upset. Visibly upset. They didn't want to sit with us. Well, um didn't you see the seating chart or ask when you called about seating arrangements? The table was plenty big enough for five of us but they weren't having any of it. They pitched a fit until they were given a two person table. Had the brunch been sold out, they would have had to sit with us. I asked John if we smelled or something and he said "nuh-uh" and Hunter had showered so I knew that he was fresh and clean. :D Anyway, if they didn't want to sit with us, that was fine by me. More room for us to spread out and enjoy the show and food!

**Continued in next post

Last edited:
Singin' Shoutin' and Feeding Our Souls! Happy Birthday!

DSCF0640 (1024x768).jpg

Once the snooty folks were out of our way, the hostess told us that we could visit the food tables any time that we'd like. There were several different "stations" and I know that I'm going to forget some of them but I'll do my best. And, I will go ahead and tell you now that I did a poor job of taking pictures of the food buffets/stations. I didn't think about taking them on my phone and had my camera strapped on my shoulder trying to take pictures without looking like I was taking pictures and I didn't want to hold up the line.:rolleyes1

Oh yeah, I was supposed to tell you about the stations. First was a table with all sorts of fresh fruits, salads and boiled shrimp. That's also where the plates were...see...

DSCF0625 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0627 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0628 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0629 (1024x768).jpg

The next section was two sided. On one side was all sorts of breakfast meats and foods...biscuits, rolls, bacon, sausage, gravy, eggs, grits (some of the best that I've had besides the ones that I make) etc. On the other side was more of Louisiana/soul food type foods. Red beans and rice, chicken, jambalaya, etc. Over in the corner was a chicken and waffles station and near it was a sweets section that had all sorts of pastries and sweets. Just beyond that was the omlet station where they made them to order. Over on the total opposite side were the beverages and there was juice, water, sodas and coffee. I didn't get a single picture of the other stations because, well, I I I just didn't. But, I did take pictures of our food.

DSCF0630 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0631 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0633 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0634 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0641 (1024x768).jpg

Lord have mercy, the food was good. I mean Good 'cause it was good with a capital G! I love a good salad and John loves breakfast foods. Hunter is not a big breakfast eater but even he found things that he liked. Our server came and cleaned the plates from the table as needed and encouraged us to visit the buffet as many times as we would like. They were showing us some true Southern hospitality!

**Up next: Shout to the Lord! Amen! Amen and Amen!

Wow, that food DOES look good!!! Love me some grits! Unfortunately, I am married to a "da** yankee" who doesn't like them. LOL! I am seriously thinking of slipping some shrimp and grits into the menu sometime just to see how he likes it. Is that horrible? ;-) Cannot wait to hear how the singing went!

omg. that food!!!! I don't know anyone who has done this! So far you have me SOLD!
again i am hungry...

Looks great! I have had lunch at HoB but never the brunch. It looks like something I'll have to think about for the future.

I can't believe those two people were that upset about sitting with you. I ate at Biergarten last year and that is the same way where they make you sit with other people.

Hey Lisa, Happy New Year! I am very late to the party but enjoyed getting caught up, your reports are my favorites! The rooms at CBR are so pretty and peaceful looking - completely different than the Nemo rooms (but I liked the decor of those rooms too:duck:). Did the room feel/seem smaller due to the beds being queens now?
I'm sorry you forgot your hanging organizers. I bring those along too, but it looks like you managed without them. Hunter's pictures are a hoot - I'm sure he keeps ya'll entertained.

Yum, all your food pictures so far are making me hungry, especially those grits from House of Blues! I can't believe those snooty people pitched a fit because they had to sit with you - jerks! Oh well - like you said, more room for your family! Looking forward to reading more. :)

That buffet looks amazing. Definitely one of the best ones I've seen at Disney! I'm surprised I haven't heard about it on other reports. Seems like it's a hidden gem! Can't wait to hear how the rest of brunch went.

I am a longtime, faithful reader of your trip reports.
Enjoying this one and we love the Robertsons!

The Presidents Hall of Fame is worth seeing once. There are wax statues of all of the presidents, a scale model of the White House (used in movies) and other presidential artifacts and memorabilia.
We are big fans of odd roadside attractions. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter