Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Just as we were seated, a couple, probably in their mid-50s were led to our table and they were upset. Visibly upset. They didn't want to sit with us. Well, um didn't you see the seating chart or ask when you called about seating arrangements? The table was plenty big enough for five of us but they weren't having any of it. They pitched a fit until they were given a two person table. Had the brunch been sold out, they would have had to sit with us.
Entitlement issues...that is so annoying. People need to get over themselves sometimes. I am glad you had a sense of humor about it.

Wow, that food DOES look good!!! Love me some grits! Unfortunately, I am married to a "da** yankee" who doesn't like them. LOL! I am seriously thinking of slipping some shrimp and grits into the menu sometime just to see how he likes it. Is that horrible? ;-) Cannot wait to hear how the singing went!

Not horrible at all! I'd try slipping them into the menu as well.

That buffet looks amazing...What an awesome way to start your birthday!!!

It was fantastic! I'm so glad that we decided to go.

That food looks amazing! I can't wait to hear about the music!

Coming up soon! Very soon!

Well :crazy2: on those snooty people who didn't want to sit with you.

That food looks wonderful!!

I don't know why in the world they didn't know that they had to share a table. If they wanted to just sit by themselves, they could have booked a two top.

omg. that food!!!! I don't know anyone who has done this! So far you have me SOLD!
again i am hungry...

I hadn't seen a single review of the brunch before we went but I'm so glad that we went with our gut and booked anyway.

Looks great! I have had lunch at HoB but never the brunch. It looks like something I'll have to think about for the future.

I can't believe those two people were that upset about sitting with you. I ate at Biergarten last year and that is the same way where they make you sit with other people.

You really should look into booking the brunch because it is great.

I didn't understand why they were so upset either. I mean, they must not have done much research.

Hey Lisa, Happy New Year! I am very late to the party but enjoyed getting caught up, your reports are my favorites! The rooms at CBR are so pretty and peaceful looking - completely different than the Nemo rooms (but I liked the decor of those rooms too:duck:). Did the room feel/seem smaller due to the beds being queens now?
I'm sorry you forgot your hanging organizers. I bring those along too, but it looks like you managed without them. Hunter's pictures are a hoot - I'm sure he keeps ya'll entertained.

Yum, all your food pictures so far are making me hungry, especially those grits from House of Blues! I can't believe those snooty people pitched a fit because they had to sit with you - jerks! Oh well - like you said, more room for your family! Looking forward to reading more. :)

Hey! We were just talking about you. John said "Remember when we saw your Dis friend and her family when we were walking to the Beach Club? They were so nice!"

We really couldn't tell a big difference in the feel of the room due to the new beds. I think that may have been due in part to the different size dresser and the bench is smaller.

I was mad at myself for forgetting the organizers. They sure do help keep a room less messy.

Oh they pitched a fit alright. They didn't have to be so snooty about it.

Looks like the brunch was lovely! I can't wait to hear more!

It was great!

That buffet looks amazing. Definitely one of the best ones I've seen at Disney! I'm surprised I haven't heard about it on other reports. Seems like it's a hidden gem! Can't wait to hear how the rest of brunch went.

The brunch is a true hidden gem and I'm so glad that we went!

I am a longtime, faithful reader of your trip reports.
Enjoying this one and we love the Robertsons!

The Presidents Hall of Fame is worth seeing once. There are wax statues of all of the presidents, a scale model of the White House (used in movies) and other presidential artifacts and memorabilia.
We are big fans of odd roadside attractions. :)

Welcome! I hope that you'll continue to post and not just read along.

Entitlement issues...that is so annoying. People need to get over themselves sometimes. I am glad you had a sense of humor about it.

It was just so crazy to us. If they had done even a wee bit of research, they would have known that most tables sit more than two. It was no skin off my back when they decided to not so politely ask for another table. I couldn't imagine having to sit through the meal and show them those two.

I knew you smelled....I could smell you all the way here. That's funny really. I am pretty mouthy and not shy but even if I wasn't expecting to sit with someone I probably would've had just sucked it up. I wonder if someone bought them the tickets as a gift?
I have never had an interest to go here but I am interested in hearing the rest of your review.

Love that you're always trying something new. The House of Blues looks like a fun place and lots of good looking food!!
What snobs to not be able to share a table. Your gain.
Can't wait to see how the rest of Hunter's birthday goes!

I knew you smelled....I could smell you all the way here. That's funny really. I am pretty mouthy and not shy but even if I wasn't expecting to sit with someone I probably would've had just sucked it up. I wonder if someone bought them the tickets as a gift?
I have never had an interest to go here but I am interested in hearing the rest of your review.

You meany! I can't believe you called me stinky. :lmao: Nah, I knew that you were kidding. Yeah, I would have sucked it up too. The tables aren't super big but big enough for five of us to sit comfortably. I hadn't thought about that they have gotten the tickets as a gift or something.

I'm telling you...if you like good Southern food and Southern Gospel, the brunch is the place to go.

Love that you're always trying something new. The House of Blues looks like a fun place and lots of good looking food!!
What snobs to not be able to share a table. Your gain.
Can't wait to see how the rest of Hunter's birthday goes!

We usually try at least one new restaurant per vacation and I'm so glad that we tried the brunch.

Shout to the Lord! Amen! Amen and Amen!

I'm going to apologize for the quality of the pictures as they aren't the best. This was the first indication that something was up with it and it would later on in the trip really screw up. In my defense too was the fact that there were spot lights that would be turned on and they would sometimes cause a blur.

I turned to my side and took a picture of how close we were to the buffet
DSCF0635 (1024x768).jpg

And, our view of the stage.
DSCF0637 (1024x768).jpg

This sign was in front of our table:

DSCF0638 (1024x768).jpg

The music started playing and the curtains parted and the concert was on!
DSCF0642 (768x1024).jpg

I was raised Church of God and John was raised Assembly of God and the church that our kids were raised plays what most would consider "contemporary" or "modern" music with some gospel classics thrown in for good measure. So, we are used to the loud music and singing and shouting the victory! So, we loved love loved the music being played!

I honestly can't remember whether or not they allowed video recording during the brunch but I did take two videos on my phone and no one asked me not to. I did a little bit of editing (not enough to make them of spectacular quality but you can still get a feel for the show) and uploaded them to youtube.

DSCF0643 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0646 (1024x768).jpg

At one point, they asked for people celebrating a birthday to come on the stage and they were also going to do a contest and my ever shy son, wouldn't go. Yeah right, he hopped up from that chair and joined in the line to go onstage.

DSCF0647 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0648 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0650 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Shout to the Lord! Amen! Amen and Amen!

DSCF0651 (1024x768).jpg

Bet you're not surprised to see Hunter standing just to the left of the performer in the middle.

DSCF0652 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0654 (1024x768).jpg

They had a singing contest where the hostess would give them the lines and the others had to sing the lyrics. They ended up choosing four contestants. One was the young girl fourth from the left in the black shorts, the woman to that girl's left in the red flowered shirt and two others that you can't see in the picture. One of the women could sing really good, the guy was alright, the older woman was pretty good and the other lady couldn't sing a lick but really got into it. (you know like I would sing despite the fact that I sound like a cat that got their tail stuck under a rocking chair). They awarded gift bags to the winner and I think that the others came away with a little prize as well. It was fun.

More singing and music came after that and, as I said before, we were encouraged to visit the buffet as often as we wanted.

DSCF0656 (1024x768).jpg

View attachment 144925

DSCF0660 (1024x768).jpg

By the time the gospel was winding down, I had my hands lifted to the Lord and tears in my eyes. Despite the fact that the setting was very casual and we had amazing food in front of us, I felt as if I were in church shoutin' Amen! Amen! and Amen! I know that we all go to Walt Disney World to get away from the real world and to leave our cares behind. If you truly want to leave them behind, book the House of Blues Gospel Brunch, you will be glad that you did. We certainly were! So much so that we have it booked again for our upcoming May/June. 2016 trip.

I have never heard of this Gospel brunch before. I would love to go there sometime! It looked like an amazing time.

It does look interesting but i still think its probably not my cup of tea. I bet my one friend would love it though.

Looks interesting for sure, and sounds like you guys really enjoyed it if you booked it again for this next trip!!

The Gospel Brunch looks great!

I just got back from Disney on Monday. Coming back to the negative temperatures after the 70s in Florida is not easy.

You have made a believer out of me! I think my family would love it as well, so I am thinking of looking into it! It's always fun to try something new at Disney!

I have never heard of this Gospel brunch before. I would love to go there sometime! It looked like an amazing time.

It WAS amazing!

It does look interesting but i still think its probably not my cup of tea. I bet my one friend would love it though.

It is worth trying at least once!

Looks interesting for sure, and sounds like you guys really enjoyed it if you booked it again for this next trip!!

Yep, we loved it so much that we're going back!

The Gospel Brunch looks great!

I just got back from Disney on Monday. Coming back to the negative temperatures after the 70s in Florida is not easy.

Oh bless you! It is always so painful going back to the real world.

How fantastic!!! So glad you were able to go and YAY for booking it again!!!!

There was great food, great voices and great music!

I'm glad you had such a great time at the Brunch!!!

We loved it!

You have made a believer out of me! I think my family would love it as well, so I am thinking of looking into it! It's always fun to try something new at Disney!

Amen! I'm all for trying something new.

You Got Some 'xplaining to Do!

Before I move on to another update, I'd like to post some more information about the brunch. First, there is no preaching going on. Second, if you like modern/contemporary gospel music, the music is fantastic! Third, it is not overly religious and does not feel like a Sunday spent in church. Not unless that is what you are open to and want to happen.
I'd like to mention, also, that I am a crier. I can cry at the drop of a hat at anything...commercials, comedies, dramas, movies, even reality television. It doesn't surprise me the least little bit that I teared up at the end of the brunch.

I would also like to say that I was raised and married into a family of preachers. That does not mean that I am a "Bible thumper" and preach the word to all who will listen. So, my reason for going to the brunch may be totally different than the reason that you go. The Gospel Brunch can be taken any way that you want it to. You can go just for the food and music and walk away happy. You may just feel the Spirit move you as well.

I didn't want to scare anyone away from the brunch just because it affected me in such a joyous way. (that sounded weird but those who know me should know what I am trying to say). I personally would suggest the brunch to anyone and everyone. It was great!

I have been tossing around the idea of attending the gospel brunch for our next trip. After, your description, we will definitely attend. Sounds like an amazing, uplifting experience! Looking forward to more of your report.

The brunch sounds absolutely amazing. We don't tend to hear much gospel music here but I love it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter