Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

BAAA HA HA HA you had to make a amendment to your report.. and used bible thumper

tumblr_inline_ngc8il8p9X1t2b0m7.gif

I think the brunch sounds fantastic and you described it beautifully! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

The brunch sounds wonderful. Not going to lie, once my kids are a little older, it sounds like the perfect thing to take them to rather than find a nearby church to attend. We typically arrive/leave before Sunday, but once we move I'll want our trips to last longer. Thanks for giving it a try and telling us about it! I think you're the first report I've read that someone's attended.

Catching up...

Good for Hunter going out of his comfort zone. All of the food at WPE looked great. We have not dined there yet.

Of course, I have safe pictures, too. I even brought a tape measure on one of my trips to get the actual dimensions.
At the time, I learned that some of the rooms at the Beach Club had different sized safes! I hope they are all the same now after the room refurb.

I can't believe that couple would not sit with you. Personally, I would pay extra for the chance to dine with you, John and Hunter!

:grouphug:

The food from the HOB brunch looks great!

Wow, that food DOES look good!!! Love me some grits! Unfortunately, I am married to a "da** yankee" who doesn't like them. LOL! I am seriously thinking of slipping some shrimp and grits into the menu sometime just to see how he likes it. Is that horrible? ;-) Cannot wait to hear how the singing went!

My whole family are a bunch of da#@ Yankees, but I recently found a recipe for shrimp and grits and I have made it a couple of times. So good, y'all!

::yes::

Great job on the videos at the Gospel Brunch. It sounds like a really great dinner/show/experience.

Amen!

That's awesome that you had so much fun at the brunch (not counting the snooty couple). I've never been to the House of Blues at DtD (sorry I just can't get on board with Disney Springs) because we have one here at home so I like to go places I can't go here. Looking forward to more!

BAAA HA HA HA you had to make a amendment to your report.. and used bible thumper

tumblr_inline_ngc8il8p9X1t2b0m7.gif

One of John's favorite movies of all time!

I think the brunch sounds fantastic and you described it beautifully! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Thank you! We were so very glad that we went!

The brunch sounds like a lot of fun.

It was fantastic! So much so that we're going back!

The brunch sounds wonderful. Not going to lie, once my kids are a little older, it sounds like the perfect thing to take them to rather than find a nearby church to attend. We typically arrive/leave before Sunday, but once we move I'll want our trips to last longer. Thanks for giving it a try and telling us about it! I think you're the first report I've read that someone's attended.

As I said, if you are looking for something to feed you spiritually, the brunch is a great way to do so.

That's awesome that you had so much fun at the brunch (not counting the snooty couple). I've never been to the House of Blues at DtD (sorry I just can't get on board with Disney Springs) because we have one here at home so I like to go places I can't go here. Looking forward to more!

I don't know why those folks were so snooty. We knew that there was a possiblity that we'd have to sit with another group but I guess that they didn't.

Catching up...

Good for Hunter going out of his comfort zone. All of the food at WPE looked great. We have not dined there yet.

Of course, I have safe pictures, too. I even brought a tape measure on one of my trips to get the actual dimensions.
At the time, I learned that some of the rooms at the Beach Club had different sized safes! I hope they are all the same now after the room refurb.

I can't believe that couple would not sit with you. Personally, I would pay extra for the chance to dine with you, John and Hunter!

:grouphug:

The food from the HOB brunch looks great!

My whole family are a bunch of da#@ Yankees, but I recently found a recipe for shrimp and grits and I have made it a couple of times. So good, y'all!

Catching up 'cause you've been at Walt Disney World!!!!!! You lucky girl you!

I can see you taking a tape measurer on a trip to your home away from home. That's what we do when we help run a resort thread.

Aww, you are so sweet! I'd pay to sit with you guys too.

Great job on the videos at the Gospel Brunch. It sounds like a really great dinner/show/experience.

Amen!

It really was a great experience and we can hardly wait to do it again!

What are ya waiting for? We've got an alien to defeat!

Before booking the Gospel Brunch, I had us scheduled to visit the Magic Kingdom the entire day. However, after booking, I quickly rearranged the schedule to where we'd arrive later in the day. I can't remember exactly what time we were done with the brunch but the first picture taken after has a time stamp of 12:31 p.m. BUT it also says that I took it on June 8th and I know that's not right.

We decided to hop on the next bus that pulled in and then take a bus to the Magic Kingdom. And, from the looks of my first picture, we must have taken a bus to Disney's Contemporary Resort. For the first time ever, John was ahead of Hunter and I. I'm not kidding when I say that John walks slow as he talks if not slower and that's sloooooow. Guess that he was anxious to get to the Magic Kingdom.

DSCF0661 (768x1024).jpg

Every time we walk this path, we think of the time we ate at The Wave with my Mama. We were walking from the Magic Kingdom bus stop to the Contemporary and were having to walk a bit quickly to get to our ADR. Mama said "Who's bright idea was it to eat at this place any way?" and when we told her that she made the choice, she said something like "Well, I'm pretty dumb."

We made it through the bag check and were in the park quickly as it seemed as if not a lot of folks arrive around the Noon hour but Main Street U.S.A. was busy.

DSCF0662 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0663 (768x1024).jpg

At the time, this area was all brand new.

DSCF0664 (1024x768).jpg

I didn't linger long to take pictures because we had FastPasses and we were on a mission to defeat an evil alien.

DSCF0665 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0666 (768x1024).jpg

We were headed to Star Command and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin!

DSCF0667 (768x1024).jpg

You can get a little glimpse of the crowds in my earlier pictures and Tomorrowland was pretty busy so we were glad that we had FP to use! We were let right in and almost at the front of the line in no time at all. We had just long enough for John to spy a Hidden Mickey and for me to get a blurry picture of it.

DSCF0668 (768x1024).jpg

Oh wait, that's the one that Hunter and I found. Here's the one that John found:

DSCF0669 (1024x768).jpg

We were onboard and ready to shoot 'em and zap 'em and do some damage!

DSCF0670 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

What are ya waiting for? We've got an alien to defeat! Continued

DSCF0672 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0673 (1024x768).jpg

I put the camera away at this point and concentrated on scoring points. I don't know why I even try because my scores are always so bad. I've tried all the tricks and still walk away in dead last. Smile Hunter!

DSCF0679 (1024x768).jpg

Our next Fastpass would require us going across the park to Frontierland but, first, we stopped to see if we could spot Pascal near Rapunzel's tower. I'd seen pictures and heard that others had found him.
DSCF0680 (768x1024).jpg

We looked here and we looked there and this is the only sign of lizard life that we found.

DSCF0681 (1024x768).jpg

That definitely wasn't Pascal!

**Up next: Well I'll be a billy goat! Or a bear!

Too funny about your walking back from the Wave story! :laughing:

I love your pictures of the castle and the new plaza areas.

Good start to have an immediate FP for Buzz, followed by another.

I have seen "John's" Hidden Mickey but I haven't seen the picture before with all those circles where Hunter spotted one.

The walkway from the Contemporary is longer than you'd think!

I love seeing the new areas around the Hub, they were still working on it the last time we were there! It looks gorgeous.

I really love Buzz Lightyear, even if it is a simple, non-thrilling kind of attraction it's fun!

I've never found Pascal either. Maybe we will try again next month!

Too funny about your walking back from the Wave story! :laughing:

I love your pictures of the castle and the new plaza areas.

Good start to have an immediate FP for Buzz, followed by another.

I have seen "John's" Hidden Mickey but I haven't seen the picture before with all those circles where Hunter spotted one.

Isn't it funny how a simple statement/story like that will stick in your mind forever? Mama still laughs about it and, just the other day, we were looking at menus and she said "let's don't eat at that place taht we had to walk forever to get to".

We are always on the lookout for new Hidden Mickeys and were happy to see those two.

The walkway from the Contemporary is longer than you'd think!

I love seeing the new areas around the Hub, they were still working on it the last time we were there! It looks gorgeous.

I really love Buzz Lightyear, even if it is a simple, non-thrilling kind of attraction it's fun!

I've never found Pascal either. Maybe we will try again next month!

It is longer than you would think.

Oh I love Buzz Lightyear and always give it my best shot but I'm so bad at it.

If you find him, take a gosh darn picture and send me a message on how to find him. We looked everywhere!

I have only walked from the contemporary once and yes it was longer than I thought it would be.

I love Space Ranger Spin but I can't always tell where I am aiming. I never do bad but I also can never get that galactic hero status.

I haven't stayed in the tangled area long enough to find pascal we are usually always just passing through over there.

I have only walked from the contemporary once and yes it was longer than I thought it would be.

I love Space Ranger Spin but I can't always tell where I am aiming. I never do bad but I also can never get that galactic hero status.

I haven't stayed in the tangled area long enough to find pascal we are usually always just passing through over there.

You and I are alike on the aiming...I can't tell if that's my red laser beam or someone else's. LOL

I'm on a mission to find Pascal! I WILL FIND HIM NEXT TRIP!!!!

Well I'll be a billy goat! Or a bear!

Before I began on today's post,I went back and looked at my notes for the day. As I said earlier, I like to have a plan but, other than dinner and Fastpasses, we just go with the flow. Now, the following FP+ list says that we were to go to Big Thunder Mountain when we entered the park.

1:00 to 2:00 Big Thunder Mountain

2:20 to 3:20 Buzz Lightyear

3:20 to 4:20 Space Mountain

I must have switched them around though because, clearly, we went to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin first. And, I'm not just relying on my shotty memory. I have picture proof. We went to Buzz first and then on to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Lord have mercy it can get hot in the queue for Big Thunder. Thank goodness we had FP+ or else we would have been sweatin' up a storm. Here comes our train!

DSCF0682 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter and I rode together and John was behind us. That John Boy, he doesn't hardly ever smile. Just sits there like he was forced to be there but I can assure you that he's having a great time. He just doesn't smile with a great big smile all the time.

DSCF0683 (1024x768).jpg

In the past, I've done pretty well on the picture taking and at others, I've come out looking like Hannibal Lector. Today, I took no pictures of myself and tried to focus on taking pictures while on the wildest ride in the wilderness. However, my camera had other things on its mind. It would take forever to actually take a picture and was running super slow. Thus, not so great pictures.

DSCF0686 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0687 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0691 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0692 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0688 (1024x768).jpg

Well, I'll be a billy goat!

DSCF0693 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0695 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Well I'll be a billy goat! Or a bear! Continued

DSCF0696 (1024x768).jpg

I had heard about a hidden Mickey that was near the end of the ride but in the past I could never find it. I looked to my right and there it was! I aimed the camera and it snapped just as we were going into the unloading area. Stupid camera!

It wasn't time to use our next Fastpass so we went to see our favorite bear jug band! Country Bears Jamboree! I know that it doesn't rank high up on the list of "things to make sure that we do" for most people but we like it and it was close so we hopped on in the waiting area and were the only ones there. But, not for long. We amused ourselves watching the folks trying to get through the turnstiles. Every once in a while the turnstile would not turn and nobody could figure out to push the button on top so they'd let out a UGH when they weren't paying attention or they'd push the bar over and over again with their hips or stomach. We'd laugh every time. Sorry, but we did. (sheepishly laughs outloud at just the memory).

Our people watching was soon over though because the doors opened and we were let into the air conditioned theater and were treated to the performance of a lifetime. The concert was flawless. Like they had been performing in the same spot for years!

DSCF0699 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0700 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0701 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0702 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0703 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0705 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0706 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0707 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0708 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Well I'll be a billy goat! Or a bear!
DSCF0711 (768x1024).jpg

Who doesn't love Big Al?!
DSCF0714 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0716 (1024x768).jpg DSCF0716 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0717 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0719 (1024x768).jpg DSCF0719 (1024x768).jpg

After being entertained by the bears, we walked on over to Tomorrowland where we found that Space Mountain was down and there was no word on when it would reopen. The cast member said that it would be good for the rest of the evening and we could come back later to see if it was running and they'd let us in.

We had dinner plans but they weren't for a while so we casually moseyed back to Main Street U.S.A. where a cast member asked if we wanted to play a game of ring toss. John and Hunter took her up on the offer and battled it out until the best man won! Actually, they both ended up winning because they played two games and they each won one game.

DSCF0720 (1024x768).jpg DSCF0720 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0721 (1024x768).jpg

**Up Next: Do you know how much money you'd save us if you bought that!?!?!

Very cute update and we totally believe you about John and his smiley faces!!! Lisa, I have to tell you, I do think the bears have been doing the same routine for quite a while now.....How about Max on the wall? Now, he's the real star, don't ya think??!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter