Just heard that Disney bought back all contracts under $70.

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Just got off the phone with a resale broker. She said that, for all the resales that she got back this week, Disney bought back EVERY contract that was submitted under $70 regardless of resort or points, including the ones without any points left. She was amazed. No more specifics.

We were also told that at the members update at OKW last week.
So if anybody is looking at re-sales, you better be patient or bid higher than $71 pt.

I checked with my resale broker today. He said, if I remember correctly, he saw under $68 contracts bought back and $70 plus go through. I do not know which resorts. I assumed he did not have any contracts between those figures. I am still waiting to hear on my resale at $69.75/point.

Nearly every offering on the resale sites list prices below that...some as low as $60/point. I guess a lot of sellers will be selling back to DVC. Is it even worth putting in a bid on one of these?

Just because they are listing the points at $62 or there abouts doesn't mean that is what you have to offer them. Also if Disney exercises ROFR you can counter with a higher price and start it all over again. The offer still has to be accepted by the seller though.
I may be going through that after I hear about my BWV offer of $70.00. I may counter with a higher offer and if the sellers will wait it starts again. It's a big crap shoot. Rich

I didn't think Disney had to let you counter offer, they can just take it. It's their option, I bet they don't if they want the contract.

Originally posted by DebbieB
I didn't think Disney had to let you counter offer, they can just take it. It's their option, I bet they don't if they want the contract.

Check with The Timeshare Store they will set you straight.

Debbie,

If Disney exercises its ROFR, the seller can refuse Disney's offer so that the buyer can increase the price to do it all over again. That is what Poorman was referring to.

I could be wrong, but I believe we heard from more than one person who had ROFR exercised against them, that they NEVER got a chance to counter offer.

I believe in the past, Disney did give a chance to counter offer, I am not certain that this is the case any longer.

Originally posted by Richyams
I could be wrong, but I believe we heard from more than one person who had ROFR exercised against them, that they NEVER got a chance to counter offer.

I believe in the past, Disney did give a chance to counter offer, I am not certain that this is the case any longer.

Remember Richyams, the seller has entered into a contract with the buyer NOT Disney. The seller does not have to sell to Disney just because Disney wants the points. The whole process starts again if the seller wants it to, there have been cases where it has happened and it has worked.

If the seller offers his points @ "x" per point, whether it is Disney or the buyer whose bid he or she accepted, why should the seller care who bought the points?

:confused:

Originally posted by Poorman
Remember Richyams, the seller has entered into a contract with the buyer NOT Disney. The seller does not have to sell to Disney just because Disney wants the points. The whole process starts again if the seller wants it to, there have been cases where it has happened and it has worked.
The way I see it, the seller did enter into a contract with DVD when they first bought their points. They agreed to ROFR. Anyway, I am not sure why the seller would care who bought the points (private individual or DVD), as long as they sold for the negotiated price.

Just because they are listing the points at $62 or there abouts doesn't mean that is what you have to offer them. Also if Disney exercises ROFR you can counter with a higher price and start it all over again. The offer still has to be accepted by the seller though.
I may be going through that after I hear about my BWV offer of $70.00. I may counter with a higher offer and if the sellers will wait it starts again. It's a big crap shoot. Rich
They no longer give you the easy option of amending your offer, that doesn't mean you can't contact them and ask to resubmit. I know I was told by one resale agent that sometimes they didn't know it was bought back until they got the check from DVC. As for contractual issues, the DVC member has an existing contract with DVC that is conditional. It supercedes the contract with the potential buy.

Originally posted by DownNeckBoy
If the seller offers his points @ "x" per point, whether it is Disney or the buyer whose bid he or she accepted, why should the seller care who bought the points?

:confused:
Looks like we were typing the same thought, at the same time.....:cool:

Most of the VB resales I've seen are asking in the range of $68. What's your thoughts about successfully selling VB, either through resale or ROFR? Thanks.

Originally posted by Dean
They no longer give you the easy option of amending your offer, that doesn't mean you can't contact them and ask to resubmit. I know I was told by one resale agent that sometimes they didn't know it was bought back until they got the check from DVC. As for contractual issues, the DVC member has an existing contract with DVC that is conditional. It supercedes the contract with the potential buy.

Dean, I could be wrong but this is what I was told by Pat Spell at TTS. She said it happened recently that a seller agreed to sell their contact to a buyer, Disney did the ROFR and the buyer added $3.00 per point and the seller agreed to wait for the extra $900.00. The buyer got the contract. I don't know how recently this was. It could have been before all this stuff has been happening. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this is what I was told.

Dean, I could be wrong but this is what I was told by Pat Spell at TTS. She said it happened recently that a seller agreed to sell their contact to a buyer, Disney did the ROFR and the buyer added $3.00 per point and the seller agreed to wait for the extra $900.00. The buyer got the contract. I don't know how recently this was. It could have been before all this stuff has been happening. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this is what I was told.
I know it's happened in the past, it was he usual MO a couple of years ago. I don't think it happens anymore. One time doesn't make it the usual. I know someone who a few years ago submitted 3 times raising their bid from $40, to $45 then to $50 pp before DVC would let it go through but now they just buy it back, at least almost all of the time.

the seller has entered into a contract with the buyer NOT Disney

Got to agree with Dean here. The seller certainly does have a prior(senior?) obligation to Disney. Disney is intrinsically involved in the deal. They get first shot. I think that they are completely within their rights to simply wrote a check to the seller for the amount of a bona-fide, accepted offer.

Just write a check, send it to the broker, done.....nothing in the contract about re-submitting. Why would there be?

If Disney's ROFR is not unconditionally unilateral, it would be one of the worst contractual stipulations in any legal agreement I have ever seen. Not too likely to be the case for the Mouse's legal staff and general counsel. Don't bet the ranch on the prospect of a counter-offer. Once the offer is accepted by our friends at Disney (by virtue of their exercise of ROFR), it's a done deal. Prior to such an acceptance by Disney, presumably the Seller can indicate that the original offer was modified post-submission to Disney. In any event, they will always get the last word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts