Just have to vent... Disney buses

DisneyFive

When is the 3:00 parade?
Got to our bus stop at port Orleans riverside 50 minutes ago and still haven't left the resort!!! We have a 6:15 pm dinner at hoop dee Doo review and I think we're going to be late now. We got to the bus stop a full hour and a half before the show. Super frustrating.!!!

Dan

sorry that happened :( You could take an uber now if you're still waiting and I bet you'd have plenty of time and the ride would be pretty cheap

wow I am sorry that no busses are coming I have never waited more them 25 minutes for a buss

We were there in May at POR and eventually went in and fussed a little and the resort van took us because we had been waiting an hour. I feel your pain. The rest of the time was ok with buses except the long line for return to POR in the evenings.

We also didn't have good luck with the buses when we stayed at POR in 2014. We gave up in the middle of the trip and just started driving. Last year, though, we stayed at POP and decided to give Disney transportation a second try. We found that the buses came A LOT quicker. I don't know if that's because POP only has one stop or what...
Hang in there OP.

Plus at POR you're not very far from Ft. Wilderness and your dinner show, it would be a very quick cab ride, instead of trying to bus it to MK and then another bus or boat from there.

Was a full 52 minutes from the time we got to the bus stop until we left the resort! Buses at POR aren't the best (stayed here twice before) but just our odds when we need to be somewhere on time, this bus trip ends up being by far the worst. On boat now to hoop dee Doo. 8 minutes till show start. Leaving dock... The sucky saga continues.

An hour and a half should have easily been enough time to get to HDDR on time!

Dan

No matter what resort I am at, if I need to make it to an ADR not in a park, I take a taxi. It is so much quicker and gives me a lot of peace of mind. Well worth the small cost.
Yep, I totally agree. The peace of mind is a huge thing for me: with the unpredictability of the busses, it's always too stressful worrying about getting to an ADR.

And, now that I've started using Uber instead of cabs, it's even cheaper.

It's funny that when we've stayed at any level above Value we've had issues with busses (especially at Moderates) but since we've been staying pretty much exclusively at POP we haven't really had an issue at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter