Just got over the blues....

cool chris

cool days, cool times, coolchris
Hi all,
I thought it would be easy to get back on to these DIS boards after we got back from WDW for the first time. Well that was at the end of September 2002. The holiday was every bit as good as i dreamed of.
So since coming back we have been to boston for a week and are now planning a new trip to WDW in 2004.
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best theamed hotels to stay at (WDW and Universal) ?

Thanks in advance

Cool chris

LOL, Chris! Planning another trip is the only cure I know.

All the onsite resorts at USF are superb. We've stayed twice at Hard Rock (the closest to the parks and CityWalk although all are within walking distance and there are water taxis too), and we've visited Portofino Bay and Royal Pacific. We will be staying at PBH in May and Hard Rock again next January. As you probably know, resort guests get 'Front of the Line' access to the rides. Trouble is, once you've experienced the whole onsite thing at USF, you'll never want to do it any other way.

We've stayed at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge at WDW, and visited most of the other resorts. I was a bit underwhelmed with BC, although it is in a good position, within walking distance of both Epcot and MGM. Having visited though, I prefer the Yacht Club and BoardWalk for theming.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing and we intend to stay there again next January. It isn't particularly well-located if you don't have a car - you'd have to go everywhere by bus. I think it would be cool to stay at one of the monorail resorts - Grand Floridian would probably be my first choice, although a lot of people say they find it a bit stuffy. I've never felt that when visiting it, though.

How can I choose the best themed? Its so hard:D

It really depends what type of theme you would go for I have stayed at the Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach Resort at WDW.
I would love to stay at the Polynesian for the beachy theme and Animal Kingdom Lodge for the savannah.

Its so hard to choose :D

Welcome back Chris!

It is hard to say which resort is best themed! I think they all have great themes but it has to be what suits you best and also depends on how much you want to spend!

The fixed info has some great detail about each of the resorts here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resortmain.htm

The Port Orleans French Quarter is closing for quite a long rehab beginning this May... they are also going to be renovating the Riverside in sections although that work isn't going to begin just yet.
Disney are saying that the whole project could take up to two years.

Have to agree with UK Deb - once you've stayed onsite at USF you'll not want to stay anywhere else with theme parks.

We stayed at both Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge last October . . . and would have absolutely no hesitation in staying at either of them again.

HRH was superb in the Front of Line Access - this is such a brilliant perk. The HRH itself if cool - the pool was voted the best our DD had ever used (and she's used a few around the globe!).

AKL was magnificent - we stayed in a Savannah view room (well worth the $ upgrade). No matter what time day/night we looked out of the balcony, there were always animals mooching around, even a family of zebra sleeping underneath our balcony one night.

We have a car while over in Florida, so transportation wasn't an issue, but there always seemed to be plenty of Disney courtesy buses - and I understand they work better than most as AKL is the only destination, rather than stopping at other resorts.

Great News! We will also be there in 2004.

Totally agree with Deb and Annie - Once you have stayed at a Universal Resort you just have to stay there again! The FOTL access is brilliant. We have loved our stays at Portofino Bay Hotel - The rooms are wonderful and very large (the bathrooms are massive). The theming is nice too and it is great being just a short walk from the parks.

Like Shirley said it is really hard to pick a WDW resort which is best themed. Everyone has different opinions (for instance we didn't like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but loved Wilderness Lodge).

Have a look at the link Shirley posted - The details on that site our great - we always look at it when planning our next trip!

Richard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter