Just got off the phone with CRO

OurBigTrip

DIS Veteran
I made our reservations for next year, 29 July - 8 Aug 2014 at AKL, Savannah view, and the room only rate is out. It only went up $9/night from this year ($377 v. $368), but the CM told me that Friday and Saturday nights are higher, $404 v. $377. When I asked him if this was new for next year, since during Value 2 season this year, the room rate doesn't change for Friday and Saturday, he insisted that yes, it does.

I was looking at Disney's website as we spoke, looking at the same dates for this year, and no, the rate doesn't change, but I wasn't going to argue with him, since I can just call another CM later and get ground truth. He also told me that AAA discounts never come until the month before, which I know is incorrect, so I'm guessing he might be new or just a little confused.

Anyway, just posted mostly to show that you can book room only at 2014 prices now, in case anyone was wondering.

Disney has been doing higher weekend rates at the resorts for a few years now. First started with values, now includes mod & deluxe resorts too.
I just stayed at AKL last August, and weekend rates were higher :confused3

It is higher on weekends and has been for awhile. My son is a CM and he was able to get us a room at CM rates at Pop for next month, and even those weekend nights, at his rates, were higher then the rest of the week.

Disney has been doing higher weekend rates at the resorts for a few years now. First started with values, now includes mod & deluxe resorts too.
I just stayed at AKL last August, and weekend rates were higher :confused3

Yes, I know they've had weekend rates for years, but I've personally never seen them when we go, which is always either late July or August. And this year, there aren't different rates for AKL on the weekends during Value 2 season. Perhaps they're changing that for next year, who knows.

I had the Disney website up with the same 10 days for 2013 at AKL, and there was no higher weekend rate, so I was kind of surprised when he tried to tell me that those are in effect this year as well during value season.

It is higher on weekends and has been for awhile. My son is a CM and he was able to get us a room at CM rates at Pop for next month, and even those weekend nights, at his rates, were higher then the rest of the week.

Then someone should update Disney's website, because if I were going for the same dates this year, there is no price increase for the weekends - it's a straight $368 ($414 w/tax) for all 10 nights.

Yes, POP shows higher weekend rates even during Value seasons, but AKL does not. They may well be changing that for next year, which I could understand, but for the CM to tell me it's that way this year, when it clearly isn't, just struck me as odd.

We are going in Aug. and our villa at the BC is higher on the weekend than the rest of the time.

We are going in Aug. and our villa at the BC is higher on the weekend than the rest of the time.

You might want to call CRO and ask them why, because according to Disney's web site, the rates should be the same at BC villas on weekdays and weekends all through August (studio, 1BR & 2BR, they aren't showing 3BR on the site).

You might want to call CRO and ask them why, because according to Disney's web site, the rates should be the same at BC villas on weekdays and weekends all through August (studio, 1BR & 2BR, they aren't showing 3BR on the site).

According to their website I could get 2 snacks on the QSDP too. Their website shows tons of inaccurate info on a regular basis. You can't go off of that unfortunately.

With a room only res they can give you the nightly rates. If it is higher on the weekends then that's what it is.

The Beach Club villas, I can tell you, are definitely more expensive on the weekend. Those are DVC (Disney Vacation Club) and even when using DVC points the points cost are more expensive Friday and Saturday nights. There are no 3 BedRoom Villas at Beach club at all. Only Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom. Historically the Disney websites are not the most accurate as far as room costs OR availability. As far as CM's on the phones, I do agree that some of them might not always have accurate information. I have spoken to some of them that have never even visited WDW in Orlando. If you really feel that you've been quoted an incorrect price, call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter