Just got off the fantasy...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by disneysunshine85, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

I have a question: We leave in two weeks.....how was the water temp. at Castaway Cay???? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrettyPrincessJen

PrettyPrincessJen AKA "MomBomb"

Was there any ballroom dancing on the ship? If so, what kind of lessons were they giving?

4. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

What a great question! I would love to try some ballroom dancing, and on such an elegant ship too!!

5. Juney

Juney Mouseketeer

No ballroom dancing on my December 1 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

6. Juney

Juney Mouseketeer

We were just the opposite. My husband and I both were in there every single day. Actually, it he ended up showering down there every day in addition to enjoying the amenities. He's 6'5" and found he had substantially more room.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. Anek0618

Anek0618 Mouseketeer

What is the senses spa deal?? That sounds wonderful!

Ok, disregard this, I missed the large post above! HA!

8. Momfromva

Momfromva Missing Castaway Cay

Thanks so much! I've been trying to think of ways to have something under my sensitive little boys' feet (since we can't wear flip flops on the ride). The hot steps would be enough reason for him not to ride.

9. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

Again, I found them to be hot! You can wear sandals, flip flops, water shoes upstairs and take them off when you board the raft. Not a big deal. Better than burned feet! I wore my water shoes on the raft with no issues.

10. LoveStitch

LoveStitch Mouseketeer

Probably our favorite spot on the ship! We found it before we even left port on the first day, and were in there at least once a day thereafter. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable, never crowded, and the crew there were friendly and attentive. You pay for all drinks (coffees, teas, alcohol), but food is always available, self-service, and included. (Pastries in the morning, desserts in the afternoon, and hors d'oeuvres in the evening.) I even saw people coming in just for the snacks and taking them out again without purchasing drinks, and no one said anything - as a matter of fact they graciously encouraged it. (Not us though - we're tea drinkers and loved their selection of teas, and they really knew how to serve them properly. Definitely worth the $5 or so per pot. We also enjoyed wine or port a couple of evenings.)