Just Got My Call From Dcl With My Med Repo Booking

My TA just called with the price quotes for my b2b May repo/Med cruise for 2 adults and 2 children ages 5 and 8 for a cat 6.

Repo $10899 including tax but no insurance or transfers

Med cruise $11664 including tax but no insurance or transfers...the kicker here is that this includes my 10% onboard booking discount!

My TA didn't have the per person price breakdown but she's going to call me back with that info shortly.

These prices don't make sense! I was expecting $9596 for the repo plus tax and port charges based on DCL's website price chart $3699 per adult and $1099 per child.

I was expecting $10437 plus tax and port charges based on DCL's website price chart $4299 per adult and $1499 per child = $11596-10% onboard booking discount.

I hope that there's been a mistake because these prices are ridiculous and they're supposed to be the lowest prices offered!!!???

UPDATE:

I just heard back from my TA. Here is the breakdown of the prices:

Repo $3699 per adult, $1599 per child!

Med $3892 per adult with 10% discount and $1822 per child with 10% discount!

Round trip transfers will be $50 per person.

I got the call today too.. 14553.00 for cat. 3 for the aug. repo 4 adults...and and for the cat. 4 12???.00 something..sorry, I forget the exact total. :sad2:

Travis

mostyn17 said:
I got the call today too.. 14553.00 for cat. 3 for the aug. repo 4 adults...and and for the cat. 4 12???.00 something..sorry, I forget the exact total. :sad2:

Travis

Did this include any transfers or insurance?

This is bugging me! :sad2: We've had an inventory control request in for over 2 years, and were called about it last week. We were told we were the 4th people to be contacted.

but we haven't been called today. I thought maybe it was because they were calling in order of sailing dates ... but we told them we want a July sailing and people are already being contacted about the repo back? :confused3

what gives?

I got a call asking if we were still interested in cruise last week and our TA told them Cat 1,2 or 3 our original request was made back in December. I have not gotten the booking call. I guess we are out of luck. It looks like the suites went pretty fast.

I had to cut my last post off, as DCL was on the phone. My room request was answered with 5 cat. 11 rooms for the August repo! Not sure if this applies to anybody else here, but this is what our group is paying. $4,510.70 per couple in the cat. 11 with insurance, taxes and port fees. The CM said that transfers will have to be added next Tuesday because the prices have not been determined. I know a lot of people are looking for higher catagories, but maybe this helps someone out there. Anybody else book the August repo yet?! :banana:

Dani Collick said:
How much was your cost for cat. 1? How many in your room? Just curious :confused3

Our 11 night cruise in a Cat 1 with 4 people in the room is going to be $18,268.00. We only had 2 days to put down a deposit instead of the normal 7 days. I told her to go ahead because I might forget and then we would lose out.

Our oldest daughter graduates from high school next year so this is her big graduation gift and trip. We will probably spend another week in Europe seeing some of the places since we will be over there.

Wishing those of you on the "waitlist" all the best of luck!

CACruisin', thanks and congrats to you as well!

Too bad we're on opposite repos...I hope to hear all about your trip over to Spain though! You KNOW that all of us August repoers are going to want a VERY extended report! I will be glued to my computer next May when your cruise departs. Seems like the August repo isn't booking as many yet.....hhhhhmmmmm.

Seems like the August repo isn't booking as many yet.....hhhhhmmmmm.

Well they did say August was a lot hotter, so maybe that's a factor. Wish I could afford to go! I'll be watching online!

I haven't received a call yet. Hopefully you are right about not many want aug repo. We want cat 1, but will take 2 or 3. There will 7 of us traveling but 2 of them are under 3 so I was anticpating about $25,000-$30,000.

DVC4US said:
Hey everyone! We just got the call too. We are booked on the June 16th, 11 night cruise in a Cat 1. :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

I stayed home today to wait for the call and it was so exciting. Now I am on :cloud9: . I have so many trips to plan before this one next summer, but it is the only thing I can think about right now.

Hope everyone else waiting for a call gets one soon.

Just a little background to be helpful. We put in our request in April 2005 for a Cat 1, 2, or 3 during the summer of 2007. We requested the dates of mid-June to mid-August.

We're going on the June 16 -- We'll be a few decks below you, though, in category 5 or 6. (We'll see next week.)

See ya then! :yay:

Julie

Came home to find an email fom my TA that I am booked Cat 6..YippEE!

Ok - I've been on two disney cruises over the last 4 years and don't know what people are talking about when they say they have put in a 'request'. Can someone point me somewhere this is explained? It's important to me because we were hoping to make reservations on the August 2007 repo cruise and we have been perhaps naively waiting for the reservation line to open next month.
thanks so much
marge

Mardonna - I declined the Cat 1 for the August Repo this afternoon, so hopefully you'll be in luck later on! Was quoted $16.6K for 2 adults, 2 children inclusive of insurance, etc. Good luck!

For anyone else interested, the Cat 3s for the August repo were quoted at about $14K for the 4 of us.

My travel agent just called to tell me that she received an e mail from DCL and we are confirmed in cat 3, but the problem is there is 7 of us traveling so now we need an adjoining room, plus we really wanted cat 1 or 2. She can'r call them till tomorrow morning.

I wonder if anyone has put deposit down on 1 or 2? Or maybe they are just confirming cat 3 room for me now and then I am still on waitlist for 1 or 2. She is going to find out fom them in the AM.

I'm still crossing my fingers.

i am still waiting for my call from DCL....it has been a little upseting to find out that people have already been contacted with confirmation numbers even though they submitted their requests after i did.....i hope i get called soon!!!

:wizard: :wizard:

JulieWent said:
We're going on the June 16 -- We'll be a few decks below you, though, in category 5 or 6. (We'll see next week.)

See ya then! :yay:

Julie

That's great to alredy have someone on our cruise. I am going to start a thread on the cruise meets board soon. Probably next week because I am going to Chicago with some girlfriends this weekend. Hopefully we'll have more DISers going on our cruise by next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter